Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Go down

Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:19 am

Learning to whistle is so much fun to watch when a little one tries.

Glad your lips are helping with that. haha

Tada
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:47 am

Nothing much to report.  Should be looking forward, but meanwhile decided to post here a link to my first primal journal should I ever want to revisit it.  I was so full of health and energy:

http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/forum/the-primal-blueprint-forum-discussion/primal-blueprint-journals/62375-annie-s-primal-highlights

Menopause is a confusing time that seems to go on forever.  The periods are spacing themselves out and I keep losing track of my dates.  I think the last was 24 October, and yesterday was a slight sign but then nothing more so I don't know whether that was it or not.  Maybe 2018 will see the last of them.  They didn't start till I was 15, now I am 53.  Within range of normal I presume.

Last edited by Annieh on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:01 am

I read through the first page and recall reading these entries in the past.

The link is a good way to review vs. how I copied mine. Unfortunately it came with all extra parts of the journal that now need/should be deleted.

Grok on Annie.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:49 pm

Happy New Year, Annie!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Annie great thought with the link, I just hope that stuff remains when you want to follow the link
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:41 pm

Four hours sleep is not enough.

As for my journal link, I felt it was worth a shot, but I don't really care if it vanishes, those days are gone now. Julia's story reminded me of how vibrant I felt back then, I have lost some of that sparkle, no excuses other than it's really hard to keep everything up when surrounded by people living the opposite.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:07 pm

AnnieH wrote:Menopause is a confusing time that seems to go on forever. The periods are spacing themselves out and I keep losing track of my dates. I think the last was 24 October, and yesterday was a slight sign but then nothing more so I don't know whether that was it or not. Maybe 2018 will see the last of them. They didn't start till I was 15, now I am 53. Within range of normal I presume.

This is so true! I kept a notecard on a bulletin board and just noted the start date. More than once I approached that magical "it's been a year, it must be over" timeline and then presto, I was back into semi-regular cycles for 2-3 months. It took a few years before I finally made a full 12 months but for what it's worth, once I made the full 12 I was done. And I went almost another full year before I started having hot flashes.

Not sure I think of you as sparkly, but I do think of you as having a lovely energy and enthusiasm for life - be it music, gardening, or hiking.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Much better sleep tonight. I made sure to keep away from the pasta and so forth yesterday, although there were beans in our chilli mince and some corn on the cob. As well as getting to bed at a reasonable hour. It all helped, no more staring at the ceiling for half the night.

I've not been getting exercise either. Rain has eased off, so maybe today.

Making a fruit platter for family lunch.

Arm is getting tired of lugging this cast around, but bone must be growing stronger day by day, can do more and more of the tasks that could not be managed before.

Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:22 pm

Happy to hear your bone is healing. Hopefully by the wedding you’ll be good to go.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:54 am

All good news Annie.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:43 pm

I have drunk tea for three decades.  Consequently my teeth are not as white as they once were.  I have been offered teeth whitening before the wedding.  However, I feel weird about it.  I don't like the idea of having all that peroxide or whatever it is in my mouth and working away at my tooth enamel. I don't like the idea of lying in a chair with someone fiddling with my teeth, heck I'm not even fond of going to the hairdresser, and massages etc YUK!.  I don't actually mind that my teeth aren't white, I feel like the whitened ones are fake, not that I can say this to people who get it done and think it is an improvement.  I'm even a bit offended at the offer, although I know it was not intended to offend.  I just feel bad about it.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:42 pm

Hmm that’s a tough one. As a long time coffee drinker, I have the same issue. And yes there are days I wish they were whiter. However, I too don’t want to give up precious enamel for the sake of white teeth. Here’s hoping you can make a good decision and the person who offered won’t be offended is you choose not to
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:22 am

Annie, I have always had yellow teeth and was teased about in excess as a child. So I know how you feel.

I tried the whitener once and found that people noticed. "Once" is the key word here. I decided against doing it constantly and have never done again.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:32 am

I too have had yellow teeth my entire life due to tetracycline exposure while I was a fetus. It didn't bother me until I was older and people started commenting on it, resulting in less smiling in pictures. I've never tried professional whitening.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:05 am

Thanks for the feedback, I was feeling a bit alone on this, but not so much now.

In some ways I don't care what people think, but in others I don't want them to think I haven't made an effort, so consequently I will be booking myself a hair appointment on the day of the wedding. It means missing out on some of the prep, but I will have to trust the bridal party to pull together the things I have planned out.

My eldest dd has a super system going so we don't lose track of anything important. It's based on the Getting Things Done philosophy and it is really working!

Today I woke up with bad cramp in my left calf, it has been feeling tight all day.

Better get some sleep, another full on day of prep tomorrow. HOpefully WEdnesday will be less busy, before Thursday and friday go full steam ahead!
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:21 am

What is the wedding date Annie?

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:56 am

Sounds like things are moving along nicely with wedding prep. That’s always good to hear. I’m glad you booked that hair appt., sometimes it’s hard to not be there for everything, but letting others help is good.

Maybe take some magnesium for your calf?

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:00 pm

Thanks for the hint, I didn't think of magnesium but there is some that I bought for my youngest still in the cupboard, I could use that tonight. Slept much better last night.

Is cloudy today which will make life easier with all the moving around a lot and lugging heavy things that we are doing.

Wedding date is Saturday 13th, Pam.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:16 pm

Oh wow, that date is coming up quickly! I was thinking it was a bit farther out. That seems quick too for the cast to come off.

I went the tooth whitening path once... didn't care for it and it made my teeth really sensitive.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:31 pm

Like M2M I had no idea it was so close! Goodness.

Enjoy your weekend celebrations. A new family member and some outlaws to boot. haha
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:45 pm

Happy to hear you slept better last night. I too did not realize the wedding is this weekend. Calm and peace vibes coming your way as the day draws closer.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:31 pm

Flowers are so pretty.  We took samples from a friend's garden yesterday and arranged on kitchen table to make sure they last at least the required time.  They still look lovely this morning, even the ones I had doubts about.  Will go back and pick on Friday, pop into place at the hall and hope everything still good when we arrive on Saturday evening after the ceremony.

I am wishing I could be the one who had flowers to share with people, and also that I knew how to arrange them.  I think this is going to be one of my new goals for the year.

I also kind of wish I knew how to style my hair, but since I will probably only need this skill twice more in my life after this, I am happy to pay an expert.

Today is our day to breathe, lol.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:14 pm

Hey Annie, glad to read your arm is on the mend. Seeing the small progress milestones everyday is the best. Hope you get the rest you need for the big day.

I always thought that our flower avatars go well next to each other. ;]
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:30 am

Hey, yes they do, purple and white flowers together. Smile

We cased out some more flowers today, they are growing in the retirement village where my parents-in-law live. The gardener says we are welcome to cut some yellow rose buds on Friday, but the weather forecast is for heavy rain so hopefully there will be a window of opportunity to do that.

My sister who is an excellent gardener made positive comments today about mine, which is encouraging because I really am not very good at it, but I do want to get better and now I have greater hope.

Tired, better sleep.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:38 am

Down to the wire. All the organization and planning soon to become a reality.

Yea on the flowers....big umbrella in someone's future?
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum