Post by Rig D on Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:49 am

You are really sounding on top of your game Tomi, keep it up
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Tomi's on her way - journal 3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Tomi's on her way - journal 3

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:55 pm

Thanks, NM and Rig Smile I feel like a new person! Smile

As I was driving to the bank at 9:00 this morning I was thinking......... remember when leaving the house before noon was not even an option? Then after I crashed in October of 2017 I would drag myself out of bed, and something as simply as taking a shower would leave me with NO energy and done for the day - leaving the house at all was a rare event for the next 2 years. Even 6 months ago it was a challenge to just get to the grocery store or drive through the bank drive up window. In the past 6 months my health has taken an enormous jump forward! Now I am out of bed and ready for the day, I'm living my life again. Smile

Yes, NM, this builder is definitely on my never again list. Sad, because I really like him. I just don't like the way he provides his service. Today he is supposed be here with a rolling compactor - it is 10:20 and still sign of him. Instead of pouring the concrete floor right away he will be erecting the walls - only because the scissor lift is reserved for Monday and it is hard to schedule out so he has no choice. So - the floor will come after the walls. Head scratching on that one........ screeding will be more difficult with walls in the way. OH - just got a text from him - how he isn't coming to compact until tomorrow. And he asked me to put sprinklers on the site for a couple hours. UGH!

I'm counting my blessing today. There are so many!
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Tomi's on her way - journal 3 - Page 30 67648710
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:30 am

Tomi that is ridiculous. I’d definitely be holding money back on this one. And write down all the times you did “his” work, like putting the sprinklers on. Charge back for what you had to do yourself.

Love the cartoon.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:03 pm

NM - that is the way we should be doing things.  Sadly, the way K does things speaks volumes to his poor work ethic.  

I'm hoping today will be a flurry of activity around here.  K the building should be here with the compactor.  And the tree guy said possibly today to remove the Sweet Gum tree.  Fingers crossed both happen.  

Yesterday I removed a large root that was right in front of the clump birch - it bothered me when I was digging the hole for the planting, but it was hot and I didn't feel like taking it out - but it has been bugging me because I know it would impede the root growth of the tree that was planted right up next to it.  So, I dug it up and then gave the new clump birch some much needed mulch.  

Today I'm going to start the process of laying the new grass border.  I can't do much yet, but the section where I took out the gravel and weed barrier can be done.  Its about a 20 foot span.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:01 am

Great job on the continued yard work and the hard work you are doing at that. Digging out roots isn’t for the faint of heart. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:20 pm

Tomi's on her way - journal 3 - Page 30 Img_1411

Why did it load sideways?

Tomi's on her way - journal 3 - Page 30 58699212
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:46 pm

Well - true to form - builder K showed up at 4:30 pm -- without the compactor, but with a fork lift thing. He said he had the compactor reserved, but they gave it to someone else. I imagine he missed his pick up time. UGH. So nothing got done yesterday - again. Now we have a new plan - again.

My weight is being stubborn - no movement down just bouncing up and down since the birthday cake happened 2 weeks ago. I have been IFing for a shorter amount of time because my tummy seems to do better if I don't get terribly hungry. So, nothing after 9:00 pm, and an Epic bar at noon or 1:00. 15-16 hour fast. Weekends are more relaxed.

Not sure what is happening today. The weather isn't great for going to the lake.

Can't do anything more on the yard project. Things have to happen in a certain order from here......

1. K takes the large landscape rocks
2. the stump and roots are ground down on removed Sweet Gum
3. we get the tractor back and finish leveling
4. we bring in top soil
5. we build the fence
6. we finish the grass border
7. spread out the piles of top soil
8. lay sod
9. Plant hydrangeas, dog woods, tree to replace the Sweet Gum, and ??

Lots to do!

I have decided it is time for an eye exam. I've been using Foster Grant Multi-focal glasses for several years - but it is time for real ones. My vision is different now in each eye. So - best call for an appointment.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:27 am

Tomi so sorry to hear the builder was a no show again. WOW, how does that man stay in business?

Have a wonderful day.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Tomi so sorry to hear the builder was a no show again.  WOW, how does that man stay in business?

Have a wonderful day.

Thats a very good question. The friends who recommended him are very very sorry and they say they will never recommend him again.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:11 am

Hi and hugs Tomi! Hope you have an amazing week.
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:24 pm

Weight: 198 - Up 4 pounds - why? well, I'm guessing inflammation. My leg muscles are sore from all the garden work - and I had a really super bad gut dump Saturday night. That was the first in 17 days. I think the cause was going too long without food, and then eating a large meal. It was so bad and I was so exhausted afterwards! I just fell asleep on the sofa at 7:00 pm - and then went to bed at 7:30. I slept until 8:00 am Sunday morning. So - I'm hoping things will setting back down over the next few days.

We got a lot done this weekend. Saturday after work (noon) Hubby brought home a cooler full of freshly caught tuna - 20 fish! They were cleaned a filleted, but needed some clean up before I could vacuum pack them. So, I spent many hours standing in kitchen putting up 80 loins! We have an entire shelf in our deep freeze that is filled with tuna! Smile yeah! While I did that, hubby brought home 5 tons of wood pellets for winter heating. Then Sunday we did some more work on the front yard project. Hubby helped me lay about 15 feet of grass border blocks. This will be all we can do now until the other things on the list happen. I'm hoping to see the stump grinder today!

I'm also waiting to hear back from the appliance repair guy - our fridge water is not working. I think the valve inside the fridge needs to be cleaned or replaced. Hubby has checked all the supply lines and everything is clear - and we've changed the filter twice.

I'm also waiting to hear from the pellet stove guy - its time for his annual cleaning - he is supposed to be calling me to tell me when he can come. Hubby asked him a month ago to get us on his schedule, but I think he must have forgotten.

K is here.......... sorta. He has the sprinklers running on the gravel and is letting that run while he rolls out the new gravel drive that the neighbor put in last week. I have my doubts that much will happen today - he said he has lumber scheduled for delivery - but there is no where to put it so................ ???

My energy is a bit low today so I will be taking it easy.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:04 pm

You sounds like you are doing very well. I'm so happy that you have your life back. Your contractor, on the other hand, sounds like a nightmare. I hope he at least does a good job when he does finally show up.

Good find on the tuna. I'm not a fan but I know a lot of people really enjoy it. And it's expensive so a freezer full of it is a nice thing to have.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:04 pm

Thanks, Ontario Smile It feels really good to have energy again. Smile When I get my gut under control I will feel I fully have my life back! Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:18 pm

Most of the time, your tummy seems to behave. You usually know what you have done to set it off (or at least the deviation in your routine).
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:43 am

Wow, what a great tuna haul. That will have you set for quite a while.

Did the pellets come and the stove guy call about cleaning?

Sounds like a lot of things to wait for yesterday. I hope they all arrived.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:39 pm

Pedidoc wrote:Most of the time, your tummy seems to behave.  You usually know what you have done to set it off (or at least the deviation in your routine).

Well - sorta. Sometimes it just acts up and I can't figure out why. Like yesterday and today --- its been bad and I have no idea why. Maybe it just needs to balance out after that bad gut dump on Saturday?

My weight was down almost 2 pounds this morning so something good is happening.

Narrowminded wrote:Wow, what a great tuna haul.  That will have you set for quite a while.

Did the pellets come and the stove guy call about cleaning?

Sounds like a lot of things to wait for yesterday.  I hope they all arrived.  

Hubby got the 5 tons of pellets on Saturday while I was vacuum packing the tuna. The stove guy did call and we're on the calendar! Smile Today the guy came to grind down the stump and surface roots - so, one more check on the list! If K the builder would get the rock pile loaded in his trailer then there would be nothing stopping our progress. Hubby is going to talk to the owner of the tractor to see if we can barrow it for another couple weeks. We'll need it to level, spread top soil and maybe for moving rolls of sod. Hubby is going to use his nephews hand auger for the post holes instead of the tractor auger cuz most only need to be 1 foot deep. After walking around the yard with hubby over the weekend we decided not plant any more trees. So the dogwood have been taken off the plan. I'm not sure about the Black Lace Elderberry bush - that's still a maybe. We're going to wait until spring for the hydrangeas so we can buy them fresh and see the blooms. But we will amend the soil and get it ready now. We need to till in something to break up the hard soil that we have. Maybe some sand, and definitely some good compost. We will ask our yard man what to do.

After the sod goes down --- we are going to buy a riding mower. Smile So I guess I will have to start walking the park again. Wink

I have decided to back off just a little on the CBD oil. I noticed when I increased my bedtime dose my sleep was not as good - so, back to 50 mg in the morning and 25 mg at bedtime for now. Since my sleep has not been as good - my energy has also not been as good.

Everything else - remains the same. Smile

I sent in my retest to Viome. I hear they are slammed with orders and have needed to expand their lab and add staff. Must be doing something right for the world.

I tweaked something on the left side of my lower bad. Hurts bad. I have a fusion of the tailbone and the last vertebrae and it causes a lot of lower back strain. I need to be careful what I do - but I think I have been careful enough. My best friends at night at BioFreeze and Tylenol. Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:42 am

unable to sleep tonight. Text from my best friend - her parents are not doing well. The expectation is high that her mom will not be in this world much longer. Her dad's memory is all but gone now. He doesn't recognize his family, only his wife. She feels visiting is fruitless as they both sleep most of the time anyway. I feel strongly that the Lord will take them both home very soon.

My left lower back - more the backside of my hip - is really hurting. This happens every time I carry anything heavy in my left hand - and today I was carrying a sprayer with 2 gallons of liquid around the yard. When I noticed my hip was hurting I changed sides, but obviously had already stressed the area. It will probably take 2-3 days for this go away.

So, between the pain in my body and the pain in my heart - sleep does not come. The BioFreeze is of little help and the Tylenol has done nothing. Sad Sometimes I wish hubby was a physical therapist instead of boat man.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:29 am

Hugs Tomi - if you can take Ibuprofen or Aleve, that might help better. Actually i’d Prefer you take Tumeric. All are good for inflammation. Tylenol doesn’t help with that.

Here’s to a better day.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by marcadav on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:23 am

Tomi, have you considered going back and seeing Ashley at Therapeutic Associates?

marcadav

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:57 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Hugs Tomi - if you can take Ibuprofen or Aleve, that might help better.  Actually i’d Prefer you take Tumeric.  All are good for inflammation.  Tylenol doesn’t help with that.

Here’s to a better day.

Ibuprofen hurts my stomach so I got rid of all of it. Hubby can't take it with his RA meds so I found no reason to keep it in the house. I have some turmeric - I will take it right now. I will have to look up the suggested dosage.

marcadav wrote:Tomi, have you considered going back and seeing Ashley at Therapeutic Associates?

Hi Marcadav Smile I haven't. But maybe I should think about doing that since my back is constant trouble spot. Thanks for the reminder.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:07 pm

I slept okay once I finally fell asleep. I made myself stay in bed as long as possible. My back/side is a bit better this morning.

Looking up turmeric. uh oh............."Kidney stones: It’s high in oxalate, which can bind with calcium and cause kidney stones formation (22Trusted Source)." Not going to risk that. Sad
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:18 am

Sorry you can’t do tumeric. I’ve had kidney stones in the past, but Tumeric has never given me any trouble. Oh well.

Hugs
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:07 pm

Yesterday I woke up with the world spinning again. It went away, but recurred multiple times through out the day - getting worse with each episode. Bending over seemed to be the trigger. I bent down to look in a lower cabinet and had to hold tight to the counter top. After dinner I bent down to wipe up something off the floor and it hit hard again. I almost had to sit on the floor so I wouldn't fall over, but I grabbed on the counter and was able to get to the dining room chair. It was all down hill from there. The spinning would not stop. Extreme nausea, diarrhea and dizziness. I went to bed at 9:00 once I felt I didn't need to use the bathroom anymore. All night the world was spinning. Today I feel like I'm walking on moving ground. I sent a text to NP and she told me to take the Meclizine. So I took a tablet about 15 minutes ago. Hubby has a good friend with Vertigo and he has to take it all the time, he says it helps with the dizziness too. Fingers crossed. NP says it could be related to allergies and to take loratadine. But I already take that twice daily.

I'm feeling very frustrated about all this. I was just starting to feel like I was on the road to recovery. Am I going to have to deal with this on a recurring basis? UGH!

tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:15 pm

The meclizine seems to be helping - I feel a bit more stable.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum