Tomi's on her way - journal 3

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tomi's on her way - journal 3 Empty Tomi's on her way - journal 3

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:54 pm

I continue to feel that my health is improving - it might be in tiny increments - but progress is progress! Smile

I'm feeling stronger - even in the hours where I feel my energy is lacking - I'm no where near as weak and lethargic as I was this time last year or even 3 months ago. I am actually feeling like I could take over the grocery shopping again. Smile

Yesterday my carbs came in at 61. I don't think I will be able to get them much lower because 2 of my super foods are cranberries and carrots. I am drinking a cup of 100% cranberry juice and having 2 large carrots in my daily salad. There's 40 carbs right there. The rest coming from the other ingredients in my salad. I think that is a good number of carbs for the day. Not too low - not too high. I'm trying to keep my insulin levels low. Dr. Jung explains all the reasons why this is so important.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Tomi's on her way - journal 3 Empty Re: Tomi's on her way - journal 3

Post by Lovebird on Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:33 pm

Not to rain on your parade... but that 100% cranberry juice, is that Ocean Spray or some actual pure cranberry juice, which is really sour? I happen to like it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it would be the real stuff.  Smile

If it's Ocean Spray however, it's 100% juice, containing cranberry juice/grape juice/apple juice and pear juice... all from concentrate. None of which is adviced by Viome.

https://www.oceanspray.com/Products/Juices/By-Type/100-Percent-Juice/100-Percent-Juice-Cranberry see nutritional info

Whereas Lakewood for example appears to be pure cranberry juice: https://www.lakewoodorganic.com/products/premium/premium-cranberry-pure/

Also: 28 grams of carbs (Ocean Spray) vs 19 (Lakewood)

Don't think you should worry too much about the carb count of your meals for the time being though, just give it 45 days eating a variety of nutrient dense foods, especially since you're feeling so great and getting actual results, on many levels. Smile
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:20 pm

Oh my gosh............ I knew that the juice had concentrate in it - but since it wasn't "cocktail" I thought it was all good. Darn it! I will make sure to get the Lakewood kind next time. Thanks for the heads up!
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:57 pm

Meanwhile, no need to let the perfect become the enemy of the good. You are doing very well.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:07 pm

^ What Annieh said.  

With all the bioidentical options out there, I think you should revisit the question with your NP.  I am not saying you have to do it, but thinking has certainly changed over the years and I would hate for you to not utilize all the tools available to you.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:08 pm

Annieh wrote:Meanwhile, no need to let the perfect become the enemy of the good.  You are doing very well.

I love that!  Smile  Thanks!  I am feeling really great about my progress!

I decided to use the energy I had flowing and I ran over the to store and got the cranberry juice Smile  YEAH ME!  It's a tad on the expensive side - but I suppose its worth it Wink

Now - I'm drained.......... time for some brainless Netflix........
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Pedidoc wrote:^ What Annieh said.  

With all the bioidentical options out there, I think you should revisit the question with your NP.  I am not saying you have to do it, but thinking has certainly changed over the years and I would hate for you to not utilize all the tools available to you.

Thanks, Pedidoc! Smile I will try to talk to her about it at my next visit.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:10 pm

tomi1000 wrote: It's a tad on the expensive side - but I suppose its worth it Wink

No, YOU are worth it! Laughing
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:14 pm

cheers Yes I am Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:56 pm

I just love it that you sound so confident, and encouraged! It makes me smile.
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:22 am

tomi1000 wrote:I decided to use the energy I had flowing and I ran over the to store and got the cranberry juice Smile  YEAH ME!  It's a tad on the expensive side - but I suppose its worth it Wink

Very Happy It'll even out as you'll drink it in smaller quantities because of its tartness. Smile While searching further today I found that Trader Joe's also has a pure cranberry juice, not from concentrate, which should be less expensive, due to not being organic. But yeah, you're definitely worth it!

While I agree with not needing to be perfect about this, it would be wasteful to spend so much money on Viome and ruining it by not following the rules/recommendations as close as possible. Apple/pear/grape juice are all very high in sugar, not comparable to eating the fruit itself.

It's a shame the season for cranberries is over, otherwise you could experiment with relish (fresh) or homemade cranberry sauce... ofcourse you could try frozen ones... just need a healthier substitute for the sugar.

Superfoods sidedish: https://www.lazycatkitchen.com/maple-roasted-carrots-cranberries/ Wink
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 am

Lovebird -- I agree totally on the need and desire to stay as pure as possible to the guidelines of Viome. I did invest a lot of money in the learning and testing. I'm trying very hard to stay within the guidelines - cranberry juice mistake aside. I will take a look at the that recipe Wink Traders Joe's is a good 8-10 miles away so I doubt if I will get there any time soon but its good to know that is an option. I will also look online for less expensive options.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 am

I didn't sleep enough. I woke up when hubby was saying goodbye at 6:30 and could not shut off my brain to go back to sleep. It's only 8:00 and I'm already feeling sleepy. Nothing says I can't go back to bed and try to sleep more.

Nothing on my schedule for the day. I am struggling with being patient with this healing process and last night was feeling a little low. Started with a stupid comment from hubby when he got home. He meant nothing by it - was just being his usual light and funny self - but I needed something more gentle and loving at the time so it stung a bit. Sometimes I wish he was just a bit more sensitive - I suppose that is a common wish that all women share. One of the reasons I fell in love with him is because he makes me laugh - I love his humor and his lighthearted silliness.

Anyway - just a small blip in time and emotion - and this too shall pass. Smile

I oiled up my scalp with castor oil last night and I do need to wash it out so a shower is a must, and very soon. I cleaned up the kitchen and started the dishwasher. I need to check for ants in the dining room - it is spring infestation time! I have Home Defense sprayed on the perimeter of the room and each morning I have to clean up the poor dead ones. YUCK!

I started this Viome plan and the IFing on Feb. 17th. My weight has been stagnant for 2 weeks. Sad So I'm guessing the initial slight drop was nothing more than water weight. I record each Sunday just for the sake of tracking but I'm not really expecting things to be happening in that department since my body has much healing to do before it will let go of the fat stores. On that note......... I have to express some frustration with others around me who so easily drop the pounds. My friend A did a couple months of Keto and lost 12 pounds. My sister C started the "eat every 2 hours" plan a month ago and has lost 14 pounds. Me? I intermittent fast for 20 hours a day and my calories never go above 1200 a day for the entire month - and I lose 4 pounds. UGH! It can become very discouraging but I refuse to allow my emotions to go there. It is totally self defeating. So - I chose to soldier on and stay the course - fully expecting and anticipating the rewards of good health and a leaner body will be my prize!! Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by marcadav on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:53 am

Tomi, I put Terro ant stakes around the perimeter of my house, changing them every 3 months, and my house stays ant free. If I don't use the stakes ants invade my pantry.

I get them at Lowes.

marcadav

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:57 am

marcadav wrote:Tomi, I put Terro ant stakes around the perimeter of my house, changing them every 3 months, and my house stays ant free. If I don't use the stakes ants invade my pantry.

I get them at Lowes.

oh, I didn't know they made stakes! We use the liquid when they start coming in the house. I'll tell hubby! Thanks!
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:00 pm

Tomi wrote:So - I chose to soldier on and stay the course - fully expecting and anticipating the rewards of good health and a leaner body will be my prize!! Smile

*thumbs up*

Did you take the time to measure your waist when you started? Or are (any of) your clothes feeling looser? Yes, your body is healing and it shows by your energy levels being up much more often than before. And obviously your spirit, we can all see that. Indeed simply trust the process. Now go back to bed and make sure you get plenty of those healthy hours, letting your body do the necessary work. Wink
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:16 pm

Tomi - while you may be discouraged by 4lbs in one month, that is 1lb a week and a very healthy weight loss speed, not prone to return.

You are doing so much better than you were a month ago. We can see it in your posts, things are really looking up.

And now that you’ve switched cranberry juice, it will help even more with the healing. It is tart though.

Hugs my friend
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:25 pm

I agree that 4lbs is a healthy loss.  If you have not measured, measure now for a reference point in the future.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:18 am

Tomi wrote: the rewards of good health and a leaner body will be my prize!!  Smile

This! Absolutely!

It has been reported that it is better to carry a bit of extra weight but have all the other health-influencing factors dialled in than it would be to be slimmer but have poor life-style factors.

Being kind to your body will be its own reward.
AutumnTiger
AutumnTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:20 pm

Smile thanks, all Smile I sure appreciate all the love and support. flower

I did not measure. My body is so sensitive to bloat and inflammation that measuring has never been a reliable method to determine anything. But I do go by visual. When I am shedding either fat or inflammation it shows in my face first. Then in my tummy. So I am gauging my progress with my eyes and the mirror. Smile I am seeing a very slight improvement. And a few people have told me that I'm looking "healthier" - more skin color and less puffy.

I was so close to breaking last night -- the snack monster was beating me over the head with my goodies recipe book. But I held strong! I ate an apple instead. Tuesday will be 30 days on Viome recommendations and IFing 20 hours M-F. I'm am still trying to not feel guilty for not having goodies for hubby to snack on in the evenings - but all I have to do is look at his Buddha belly and the guilt goes away. He can fend for himself away from home if he wants to eat crap.

I'm trying to assess my energies today - I'd like to get outside and enjoy this beautiful spring weather! I really need to fertilize my Rhodies and Hydrangeas and there is some other little jobs to do. Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:08 pm

I have been doing misc chores around the house - so yard chores are getting pushed to tomorrow or next week. I'm all pooped out.

Big step for hubby - I offered to make him cookies with chocolate in them (so I couldn't eat them cuz its death by chocolate for me) -- but he said no! He said he wasn't going to sit and eat cookies in front of me! Smile What a sweet man.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:08 pm

You are an inspiration. Keep keeping on!

Sent from Topic'it App
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:05 pm

ShelleyM wrote:You are an inspiration. Keep keeping on! Sent from Topic'it App

Thanks, Shelley Smile

Not feeling it today............. feels like I'm walking through mud today. I have a stiffness in my body, head to toe.

Going to get outside in a bit - its a beautiful day! Hubby got fertilizer for the rhodies and hydrangeas. So we'll spread that and do a little clean up here and there. I just want to be outside! Smile

Sunday is my weight track day -- SIX pounds Smile Happy Happy! This is the most progress I've made in this area in such a very long time! cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers

Happy St. Pattie's Day!
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:31 pm

Congrats. I know that makes you happy. Smile
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:36 pm

Way to go, Tomi.  Hope the sun helps you feel better.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum