Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be part of a study while understanding how your body works

2 posters

Go down

Be part of a study while understanding how your body works Empty Be part of a study while understanding how your body works

Post by ONTARIO Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:27 am

https://mycircadianclock.org/?fbclid=IwAR3LAsCHomICmiQht-aAMg9qA5qLPZwmmXLnw1mDn5fo5SxrKA3ITRleDj4#about-study

This is an interesting study. They are looking for participants. From their website:

Welcome to myCircadianClock. Research has shown that our daily eating, sleeping, and activity patterns can affect health and determine our long term risk for various diseases. This app is part of a research project which uses smartphones to advance research into biological rhythms in the real world, while also helping you understand your body’s rhythms.

myCircadianClock helps you keep track of daily behaviors important for maintaining a healthy life, such as eating, sleeping, moving, and taking supplements and medications. Data that you share through the app as part of a research study will help researchers understand how daily timing of the behaviors influence health and wellbeing. At the same time, the app provides personalized insights into your daily rhythms.

Who is running this study
The sponsor of this study is the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in La Jolla, California.

One thing I noticed and thought of LoveBird.....part of this app is to take a picture of everything you eat. Some sort of analytics are involved here based on the picture.

I realize that those of us who have FitBits pretty much are already privy to the same info and analytics this study would provide us but it's still pretty interesting - especially to those who do not use activity trackers. I would be curious to see how their study will compare to the loads and loads of data FitBit now has from its users.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Be part of a study while understanding how your body works Empty Re: Be part of a study while understanding how your body works

Post by ShelleyM Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:07 pm

Thanks, Ontario, I will have a look. it sounds interesting.
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Be part of a study while understanding how your body works Empty Re: Be part of a study while understanding how your body works

Post by ShelleyM Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:53 am

Has anyone else looked at the study above? I can't get past the enrollment page. I complete the form, and I receive feedback that says all fields are mandatory. They are all filled-in, except the values for age, weight, and height are gray instead of black.

Was anyone else able to complete it successfully?
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:34 pm

I haven't because my FitBit app does all this. But I'll try it out tomorrow at work on a real computer and get back to you.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down