Perennially Yours

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: Perennially Yours

Post by perennialpam on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:32 am

NM -- Unfortunately this was my BFF from HS.  

This is not the AZ BFF whose husband made those comments that they both laughed at.  Predicament.  I offered forgiveness on that one once we spent some one on one time together.  

I am just anxious to get to that next chapter as the reason for the hyster was pre-cancerous cells.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:48 am

Well I’m happy it wasn’t the same person. But not good overall.

I know you anxious, just letting you know how long we had to wait. Hugs
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:00 pm

If you remember mine took almost 6 weeks each time.  I'd rather they take their time and get it right.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Good advice, Pedi and NM.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:32 am

I'm sorry your friend is being selfish and inconsiderate. It is truly in our deepest times of need that we discover who those we know really are. And it's always sad to find out someone is far less caring toward us than we assumed. Give your energy and thoughts to those that show up and care for you and don't give another second to those that don't.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:07 am

Ontario - such a sweet sentiment.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:56 pm

Very wise words from all the ladies!

Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:34 am

Sometimes I do not know what I would do without this tribe!

Thanks for all the support and comments; it helps with my sanity often.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:13 am

I am excited to get behind the wheel of my new used vehicle today.  Haven't driven since before the operation.  Sounds like a long time but really is only 14 days....yep the 2 week mark.  Have been off meds over a week now.  Got approval from my dr. to drive to Lake MI as long as I take breaks and pay attention to how I am feeling.  That drive is contingent upon a sunny day especially with the shorter daylight.  

Going to see A Star is Born with my BFF who was so upset that I had not answered emails and texts.  The funny part is that I did answer her emails but then she responded to that answer with information.  I honestly did not think it was important to acknowledge that 2nd email.  There were not "texts" in the plural form.  And when I called her on Sunday after noticing a text on Saturday, I was unprepared for her anger.  And then I got angry after the call and reading yet another email she had sent that morning.  People are thinking others need to respond right away.  That is unfortunate as it might not be a good time for the recipient.  

May even try to do some laundry today but that entails carrying it and paying attention to the poundage.  While the laundromat allows for bigger loads (and cheaper and faster times), those loads will be too heavy right now; not to mention carrying up and down flights of stairs and into the place.  

This 10 lb limit....hate it.  I definitely want my insides to heal properly so I will honor it.

Missing my DGDog.  May make a pass over to her house today for a walk in her neighborhood.

Happy Halloween.  Unfortunately it has been years since I have had kiddies stop by.  There was a local party for our association last Saturday and also there is something in town where the kids can get loads of candy.  Our neighbors are few and far.  

Lost power last night for a little over an hour.  Of course it happened after it had been dark for a bit.  It is not fun to try to read by flashlight/candle light.  So I gave in laid down on the couch.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:48 am

People are thinking others need to respond right away.  That is unfortunate as it might not be a good time for the recipient.  

I chalk this up to our new, immediate gratification, expectation. Society seems to have this need to know everything right here and right now or they might actually die waiting. It's insane. I'm with you - not everything has to happen right NOW! Gosh, remember when we all had rotary phones and NO answering machines!? Shocked  Goodness, how did we ever survive? Laughing  If someone wasn't home we just had to call back later. Our sense of patience and ability to wait for an answer, or inline, or waiting our turn is a dying skill set.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:23 pm

So true, Ontario. Step back, slow down, turn off the tech now and then. The sun will still come up tomorrow!

So glad your life is getting back to normal, Pam. Being able to drive ourselves really makes a difference, doesn't it? After 5 weeks, T is starting to chafe a bit at not driving. He tried a little something around the property today and realized he is still not ready.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:44 pm

Pam you are perfectly within your right to respond when you are good and ready too.

Yes, not sure our young people would last with rotary phones and no answering machines.

Happy to hear you have permission to drive again.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:40 am

Interestingly enough, both my BFF and I are still at odds about the lack of contact following surgery.  Best to just let it go now as when I tried to explain my end....she still said I did not answer her emails.  Oh well.  I have my past texts and email messages and answers to prove my point but have decided...it serves no purpose.  

A Star is Born -- I find it difficult to believe some of my friends saw it twice.  Difficult to watch I an alcoholic/drug user lose their battle.  Alcoholism is in my family and perhaps that has something to do with it.  Guess I did not remember the movie I may have seen in the past.  

Driving was nice.  Still so much to get used to with the workings, etc.  Will not be driving to Lake MI until the sun comes out.  That may end up being winter for all I know.  The forecast for snow keeps changing...for MI...light snow or heavy.  Of course I am hoping for light until I can start shoveling again.  Shoveling is such a good exercise and gets you outside when you may normally hunker down.  

Today my son is transferring the title from my crashed Toyota.  I will be picking him up and bringing him over here this evening to grab the vehicle.  We are going out to dinner...his treat.  

Considering driving over there early today to see the DGDog as I did not yesterday but I need to travel into town to sign off the title to the Subaru I initially purchased.  

Still feeling great and it is so understandable to have limitations since I can barely stand not being able to do certain things around the house.  I know, I am a broken record.  

Since the operation I have begun to cook more often.  I know most of you do and I applaud you.  I know it is healthier.  I guess I like being with the public vs. at home.  

I'll be delivering candy to my neighbors today in order to get rid of it.  I felt I should be prepared in case little ones do show up.  

Happy November!
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:01 pm

I am so very sorry your BFF cannot understand you circumstance. I hope things can level out there.

Happy you got to drive a little and will again today with DS. Enjoy your dinner with him.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:26 pm

The transfer has occurred after my dental cleaning.  Turned out I was not yet hungry so we did not go to dinner together.  Some other time.  

I'm bummed to hear my son is thinking about opening the back.  He has a friend . . .  blah blah blah.  Was told at the place I took to check it out NOT to open the back.  If it gets opened it may never close again and will be unusable.  Up to him.  

Thanks RigD for the input on the McAfee.  First time I logged in it told me the subscription was over.  I'm confused since this is a new computer so perhaps I had a few months trial or something.  

Got a card from a friend today.  That was nice.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:45 pm

perennialpam wrote:  

I'm bummed to hear my son is thinking about opening the back.  He has a friend . . .  blah blah blah.  Was told at the place I took to check it out NOT to open the back.  If it gets opened it may never close again and will be unusable.  Up to him.  

Oh, come on, don't you know that kids know everything? Silly you. Rolling Eyes

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:15 pm

Hope you and your BFF get this worked out - I hate being at odds with anyone.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:41 am

Your BFF's behaviour is sad and I hope she comes to her senses and smooths things over. 1) You're the one who just had surgery. No one should expect anything from you. 2) I'm not sure why anyone things that others have a responsibility to answer texts or emails at all, much less in some arbitrary time frame. Rant over.

LOL the sleeping pillow story - would be great at The Moth!

Don't open the back...just no.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:54 am

On a new computer you probably have a short term freebie from McAfee to use the software, which normally is unseen because it runs in the background. On expiration you will then need to sign up. In your systems tray, click the McAfee icon and follow directions to check the account. More directly, you can go to McAfee.com

It sounds like your friend is kind of clueless when it comes to understanding other peoples' priorities in life. Sorry you are having these kinds of highly annoying ticky-tacky issues.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:09 am

To check your current McAfee status: When you click on the McAfee Icon, it should pop open a menu, on it click  MyInfo. You'll get something like this (partial screen shot):

My biggest issue with McAfee is when they want to renew your subscription. In my case, you see my subscription expires next October 24. If I leave my credit card info on my account, they will hit me up for the renewal around the first of August. I find this early time to re-up quite annoying.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:34 am

Thank you for the great visual.  You must realize I am a visual person.  

Problem is when I search for McAfee it says that the app has been moved or changed.  Guess I simply need to go to the website.  

Thanks RigD!!
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:38 am

TW -- that was my thought too, I had the surgery.  Thank you for your supportive comments.  Helped me get my head around this.   

When we lunched I noticed (very quickly) her connection to her phone.  She opened and answered texts when we only had an hour of time prior to the movie.  I had informed her that I am not one to be looking at my phone all the time.  And I proved that while we lunched as I kept getting calls.  Just ignored them.

Have been listening to TedTalks recently.  Sometimes fun and often informative.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:27 am

Is there no icon on the systems tray for it?
Look on bottom right of screen for it, possibly will have to click "show hidden icons"(shows on screen as the ^ character on my win10 system).
If it doesn't show, I'd guess that your subscription is truly expired.
You can also see if anything McAfee is running on your system. Press ctrl-alt-del simultaneously, then click task manager. When the tasks display, click the name column to sort all tasks alphabetically and then scroll down. I have a whopping 16 items for McAfee that show up
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:41 pm

Thanks Rig for all the help.  What  were the names of the free items you had me put on one of my old computers?  I simply cannot recall.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:48 am

Pam, the programs are Ccleaner (formerly known as crap cleaner) https://www.ccleaner.com/home and
Malwarebytes https://www.malwarebytes.com/

When you load them, run Ccleaner first, then Malwarebytes. I wonder how much junque they will find on your new machine.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum