Perennially Yours

Page 32 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

Re: Perennially Yours

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:56 pm

Pam - Before you get to carried away, which is easy due to all the friends you currently have with cancer. They are not always correct. In my mom’s case they have now biopsied at least 6 times. They keep saying it looks like a duck. Well every one of the biopsies came back negative. It may look like a duck, but in her case it’s a goose.

M2M has some great advice for relaxing and being prepared for surgery and recovery.

Lyft or Uber are ones you can call. However, you really need someone with you after you get home.

Hugs, my thoughts are with you.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:08 am

Off for my one night camp at Warren Dunes on Lake MI. Only 2.5 hrs away. I'll get there early today and have all day today and tomorrow to hunt beach glass and fossils.

Time for some list making while I'm thinking of it.

Happy Labor Day Weekend. I will be going with my oldest DS on Sunday for fireworks on my lake. Looking forward to it.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:23 am

Have a fun camp.
However, you really need someone with you after you get home.
Strongly agree
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:55 am

^ add me to the list.  You MUST have someone at least the first 24 hours.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:26 pm

Pam, what a nasty shock. I pray you will stay calm and do what you need to do. Love xx
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:02 pm

The echo you hear is me repeating everything said above. If you are talking about using Lyft to take you home after the surgery, it is likely they will not release you without someone to stay will you.

Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you! Big hugs.
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:24 am

I hear you all. We'll see about someone staying with me. Perhaps I'll stay with my DGDog's house vs. her at mine. She gets hair everywhere! I can sleep in my DGDaughter's bed.

It'll work out.

~~
The day away was wonderful. Makes me realize how much I love my peace and quiet in Manistee. The state park is just too close (and there was only someone across the street) if the sites were all used. And, the road noise was loud.... However, when I laid down my head at 8:30 on Thursday night, I fell asleep until 5 the next morning. Then I felt back asleep until it was time for coffee and breakfast.

Got back to my favorite park before 8 a.m. and did not have to pay. $10 on Thursday and they would have collected another on Friday! Good grief. I walked the beach 3 times on Thursday and once on Friday morning.

Had to get out of the sun...is was pounding down. I have found later in life that I do not like spending time out under the sun. In year's past, we would take advantage of every sunny day and spend it out on the water.

~~
The lists I intended to make were cast aside.

Lots of beach glass, pottery shards,and all the people just like me scanning the sand/beach pebbles. I found a bunch of Indian Beads (crinoids). This is the beach where I found out just what I had found at another beach years back. A woman walking around with a baggie full of them explained that to me. They are circular with a hole in the middle. My first one's hole was shaped like a star. The rest have only been holes. They are actually animals not plants as I had been thinking. They are not pretty in the least just a fossil....340 million years old fossil.

~~Today is mom day. Next weekend I will be unavailable due to a music festival. I will be taking her to her heart dr. this week for the 6 month checkup.

The following week is her low vision clinic visit where she'll purchase another pair of glasses.

~~My Lake Huron friend must be doing better than I thought. She has invited me to come for dinner although originally it was simply for a visit. She is also working tomorrow. She is the one with the aneurysm that needs watching. She is talking about Lake Huron....so it is a go.

~~Tomorrow my lake is having a fireworks display. I have never been around for one. My son is bringing the boat down the chain to see and I will be joining him and whoever he has coming along. I hope it is not his BFF but will deal with whomever it is.

Breakfast with the hikers today.

I am keeping the C issue to myself with most people. I do not want sympathy or advice. It never fails when someone comes up with a story that does not end well and makes you wonder why they told the story to begin with. I have witnessed this with others.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:26 am

I hear you all.  We'll see about someone staying with me.  Perhaps I'll stay with my DGDog's house  vs. her at mine.  She gets hair everywhere!  I can sleep in my DGDaughter's bed.  

It'll work out.  

~~
The day away was wonderful.  Makes me realize how much I love my peace and quiet in Manistee.  The state park is just too close (and there was only someone across the street) if the sites were all used.  And, the road noise was loud....  However, when I laid down my head at 8:30 on Thursday night, I fell asleep until 5 the next morning.  Then I felt back asleep until it was time for coffee and breakfast.  

Got back to my favorite park before 8 a.m. and did not have to pay.  $10 on Thursday and they would have collected another on Friday!  Good grief.  I walked the beach 3 times on Thursday and once on Friday morning.  

Had to get out of the sun...is was pounding down.  I have found later in life that I do not like spending time out under the sun.  In year's past, we would take advantage of every sunny day and spend it out on the water.  

~~
The lists I intended to make were cast aside.  

Lots of beach glass, pottery shards,and all the people just like me scanning the sand/beach pebbles.  I found a bunch of Indian Beads (crinoids).  This is the beach where I found out just what I had found at another beach years back.  A woman walking around with a baggie full of them explained that to me.  They are circular with a hole in the middle.  My first one's hole was shaped like a star.  The rest have only been holes.  They are actually animals not plants as I had been thinking.  They are not pretty in the least just a fossil....340 million years old fossil.

~~Today is mom day.  Next weekend I will be unavailable due to a music festival.  I will be taking her to her heart dr. this week for the 6 month checkup.

The following week is her low vision clinic visit where she'll purchase another pair of glasses.  

~~My Lake Huron friend must be doing better than I thought.  She has invited me to come for dinner although originally it was simply for a visit.  She is also working tomorrow.  She is the one with the aneurysm that needs watching.  She is talking about Lake Huron....so it is a go.  

~~Tomorrow my lake is having a fireworks display.  I have never been around for one.  My son is bringing the boat down the chain to see and I will be joining him and whoever he has coming along.  I hope it is not his BFF but will deal with whomever it is.  

Breakfast with the hikers today.  

I am keeping the C issue to myself with most people.  I do not want sympathy or advice.  It never fails when someone comes up with a story that does not end well and makes you wonder why they told the story to begin with.  I have witnessed this with others.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:26 am

Pam,

I understand your reason for keeping the C issues to yourself. People love to share horror stories no matter the health issue. Just remember, there are lots and lots of good outcomes, including me! Just going through the testing process is stressful but you are a strong woman and we don't know yet if there is anything to worry about.

I like your idea of staying at your DGDogs house! Sometimes being away from home is a little more restful since you are less likely to feel like doing chores or projects.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:35 am

Pam it sounds as though you are getting a plan in place for surgery. That is a good thing.

Your walks on the beach sound so relaxing. I’m glad you found lots of glass and beads and has some time of quiet and reflection.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:18 pm

What a lovely day away, enjoy your breakfast with the hikers.

Fireworks sound fun, I hope you get there.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:52 am

vh67, NM and Annie - thanks for stopping by and the encouragement. vh67 -- I totally agree, we do not know that "C" will be the outcome of the colposcopy test.

~~As yesterday wore on my DS kept texting me with times to come over. It kept getting earlier and earlier. Way good with me as I had been ready way too early. hah

Decided to do the entire trip vs. just being picked up on my lake. The crowd was small. I was surprised as was my DS. We were right under the explosions of colors. It was amazing. Was home by 10:30 or so. We were not cold once the sun set nor on the cruise back down the chain to his lake. It was peaceful and very enjoyable.

Today I hope to get my butt outside for some work with mowing being the major thing. I pruned my redbud trees before I left town on Thursday. Those trimmings should be good and dry to burn.

Tomorrow I am attending The Moth with the theme being "Rivals". Before I left last week I asked if she needed a volunteer. Nope. When I decided I could not be gone 2 weekends in a row, I decided not to go camping over Labor Day as it is always crazy busy anyway.....not to mention my recent issue there.

Also the Lake Huron group of women will be getting together for lunch and decisions about what we are taking north in October. Out little group has really fallen in disrepair since our two folks moved away. It is sad and such a loss. We will all be together in a month though....once again walking the shores of Lake Huron, playing games, visiting thrift stores....all the things we traditionally do while there. Mostly we just stay put....why leave that house?

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:39 pm

The sunset cruise sounds beautiful and relaxing.

I've been under fireworks going off once and the view is fantastic.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:14 pm

So happy you could have that good fireworks position and display. What a wonderful time you had.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:34 am

Last night's The Moth was excellent. They were desperate for 10 stories and I was happy to see my favorite volunteer fill out a form. And her story tied with anothers. Sad So in order to choose a winner they see which one had the highest individual score and she lost. There were two 10's last night by different teams.

I received my second magazine of the Glassing Magazine. I took it to the show and managed to read the entire issue. Thank goodness because I left it on my seat (yes, I was sitting on it). Sad I still wanted to double check some suggested websites. The issue was devoted to orange glass (of which I only have one tiny piece) and driftwood (that I have loads of) and what to do with it (the driftwood).

Today I will try to get in a DGDog walk. I also hope I can stand to mow the lawn after I get back from the dr. visit with mom. 90F with high humidity. What a summer this has been. Good grief.

Trying to decide when I will leave on Friday morning. It'll mean being on a line of vehicles once there. Should I camp where I always do; closer to the music or find something further away. Something different. I guess I'll make up my mind as I go once there.

Made the triple bean salad for mom that she had an inkling for over the weekend. She had no recipe and balked at the price of vinegar. My smart phone helped and she would have had to purchase so many things I suggested I'd make it for her. Then I pulled out the recipe card I had. Goodness it was incomplete. I guess I did not make it much. haha

Mostly, I hope I don't forget it. As I'm not eating it for sure.

Got some laundry done yesterday but still have the darks to do. Will put them in my DS's washer while I take DGDog for a walk. Works for me.

Tomorrow the day is mine so anything last minute that comes up I can handle.

I am toying with the possibility of leaving the music festival and driving over to Manistee. I have to be back by Tuesday night as on Wednesday I have a consult on fixing my torn holes for earrings. I had decided some time back to go for this once I saw the episode on tv about how it is done. I can handle that and then be able to re-pierce and wear all my cute earrings once again.

Still daily emailing with my breast cancer patient. It is difficult to do because she is always full of advice. Although I've told her about my hyster I have not explained anything further. As far as I know she has kept her mouth shut with the hikers....as far as I know. I hope she manages to keep this silent.

I listened to the song LB just shared in her journal. After the song a selection came up for an Oprah interview about our soul. Somehow I had seen this before but I still listened carefully. I believe I'll pick up the book she spoke of. Intentions.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:38 am

I put in a call to the venue -- they called back and I can pick up my magazine today! Woot.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:37 pm

Happy to hear you can get your magazine back. I’d be bummed too.

I used to make 3 bean salad years ago. Couldn’t eat it now though and it would be way too sweet. Remember to the the one for your Mom

I hope you can enjoy the music festival and maybe a side trip to Manistee too.

Here’s hoping your friend stays quiet.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:09 pm

NM -- I took the entire recipe with the exception of what I could not fit in the jar I used for transport. I also had to taste it since it has been forever for me too. And sweet it is! Have to admit I do like it....grew up on it I guess.

Picked up the Glassing Magazine on the way to mom.

Mom's dr. has suggested the valve being replaced 3 times now. Not open heart surgery type but through her artery. Sorry I am medical terminology deficient. Each time I hold my breath and let her make the decision. I think he wants me to support the surgery. All I can think of are unexpected medical problems with or without the surgery. Quite a choice to make. Makes me feel guilty and unsure of myself.

Taking care of last minute things tomorrow. I have not mowed the lawn. 90F and 90% humidity. No way I want to be in the sun. Such a summer it has been. Good news is I just realized the weather is taking a turn this evening. Yea.

And, there's always tomorrow!

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:56 pm

I still love three bean salad! Although I don't make it as sweet as I used to. Beans beans!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:17 pm

It is your mom's decision to make, no reason for you to push her one way or the other!

On the other hand, good for you for deciding to have your ears fixed, what fun to be able to wear earrings again. I think they make a lovely difference to every day... of course, I often forget and go for months without wearing any.

Safe travels and have a wonderful time!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:40 am

Agree with M2M on Mom's valve. I'd try to be as fully informed on risk/reward of the replacement and be able to provide an informed opinion to Mom if she wants it.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:59 am

Thanks for stopping by everyone. Makes me feel supported with these corners I seem to get backed into.

You are all the best!
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:15 am

Pam we push one thing on the ALS forum and that is letting the patient decide their path. For ALS patients it is basically the only thing they have control over. However, it makes total sense.

No one here would want another person telling them them have to do X for the most part. Let your mom decide and in your heart support whatever decision she makes. You’d feel horrible if you pushed for surg and something happened during, if you knew she really didn’t want it.

Hang in there. Those decisions are tough, believe me I know.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:56 pm

I felt it should be mom's decision but then had doubts.

~~got that lawn mowed in the sprinkles. The tires loaded up with cut grass as I did not/could not catch it today. I hate leaving the grass on the lawn.... Glad it is done.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:05 pm

Just lost a long post.

Rear-ended last night.

Car totaled but drivable.

Checked out for safety and was assured it was fine.

Scheduled to drive a couple friends north.  Will they care?

I will be losing money big time.  I just put in those new locks/keys in because of the key in my stolen wallet.  

Just put a new tire/wheel on the back.  It appears to be fine.  I need to make sure it is usable.  Need to talk with my insurance connection.  

Then with my son's suggestion I emptied out the vehicle.  I wanted to keep track of my jumper cables, set start jumping cables and the tire inflator.  Then my camping gear that I like to leave in the vehicle: ropes, rugs, misc. that I would rather leave packed and not in my house.  Decision taken away from me.  In the house taking up room.  

Need a new water pressure tank.  Not enough water for a Epson salt bath.  3" of water in the tub.  Toilet flushes, showers ok, washing dishes ok.  Lucky for me.  

And, it is now such a pleasant temp outside.  Must get busy.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum