Perennially Yours

Page 24 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down

Perennially Yours - Page 24 Empty Re: Perennially Yours

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:49 pm

Thanks you two. Rig and Tomi.

Will look into that tomorrow when the temp will probably drop. I'll be lucky if any remain at the store.

Gives me something to start with.

Appreciate it.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:21 pm

If you have trouble finding one, check out drug stores, after we bought ours at a big box, I started seeing them in most of drug stores we were in.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:48 pm

Those fans are great, I used to have one.
The Walrus
The Walrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:33 am

Your time away sounds wonderful. Smile Glad you had a great time.

It wouldn't be for me, yet I love the way you fill your days with lots of enjoyable activities and people. Ditto on being away on holiday and coming back to a jungle...

Self-acceptance doesn’t mean that you’re no longer allowed to change anything about yourself. It means that you love yourself without condition, regardless of your flaws; that you can be both okay with yourself and committed to change, at the same time. - Sean Croxton
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Rig....Found a Pelonis fan that was a 9 inch fan. However, the whole contraption is too big for my window opening. I am so bummed. It was under $50 too!

My window opening is 33 wide by 10.5 height. The package does not indicate the opening needed to insert. Phooey.

~~Lunch with mom. She wants to go buy sandals but wasn't in the mood today. I'm glad as the last time we bought them (she says that was 5 years ago) it took over 1.5 hours to find something. We went to a good shoe store and they cost her $250. She does not remember that and calls them ugly. The ugly comment came up because I said she should use the expensive sandals we purchased way back when.

She broke her ankle 5 years back and has difficulty bending over to put on socks/shoes so these Velcro straps were better than nothing. At that time it seemed there were no shoes/sandals that she could simply push her feet into.

~~My breast cancer friend had an issue with the tires/wheels on her vehicle last night when she drove to our hiking friend's house for a little soiree. Turns out the some lug nuts had broken off and some where just going around and around. She had to spend the time there because she needed to get help to the vehicle. Way out in the country.

Just before Memorial Day weekend she had work done and we figure someone was in a hurry and messed up big time. We are lucky the wheels did not fall off and cause an accident.

This morning's breakfast was near home today. Yea for that although I still had to drive into town for mom duties and purchase that fan even though I do not need the fan right now as the weather is a very pleasant 59F.

Life...
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:01 pm

1.5 acres mowed again and catching the grass this time. Looks so much better. It was so long I could not cut it down where it needed to be on Tuesday.

Raked up all the leaves still in the beds out front. Of course they have been bothering me ever since the snow disappeared ... but then ... so did winter and here came spring. Oh. Don't mention my vacation.

Now need to eat and then burn those leaves and take, yet, another shower.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:06 pm

That happened to my old car, the lug nuts broke off and needed to be drilled out - luckily covered by the warranty. Something about the metal expansion while heated, as happens when one drives. Hmmm...would think that would have been taken into account by the manufacturer....
The Walrus
The Walrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:28 pm

So thankful your friend wasn’t injured with the wheel issues.

Bummer about the fan, happy to hear it’s cooler now.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:29 am

My friend reported back yesterday afternoon.  The dealership provided a loaner vehicle and will take care of her.  

And, yes, thank goodness she made it to the party without incident and that there were menfolk around to help make the decision to stay put.  I can't say for sure that us hikers would know to check the other wheels.  

Never made it back outside to burn the leaves and I'm bummed as it is pouring right now.  They were so nice and dry too.  Sad

Looks like I need to clean the house today since going outside presently is out of the picture.  Darn.  

Need to prepare for Monday's drive and overnight with our friend who moved north about a year ago.  My BFF and her hubby will be there and I need to find peace with the comments they made that upset me so.  Being that it is a group I do not want to bring down the event if you know what I mean.  

Still doing well on primal.  Not doing keto even though I know from past experience that starting with keto gets things moving.  Just do not have the energy to try that right now.  I feel good, am sleeping better and obviously the longer sleep is helping with morning bathroom relief.  No past issues other than not relieving myself first thing in the a.m.  That changed once I put myself to bed at 9 p.m. and began sleeping longer.  Interesting.

Today is graduation day for my step-granddaughter.  Will be nice to see everyone again -- I hope.  It has been a good 3 years since I've spent any amount of time with them all.  I have continued with holiday/birthday presents but gave up asking to take them camping like we used to do.  Oh well.  

Yea, big bummer about the fan.  I was so excited.  I have googled and googled trying to find a smaller one after yesterday and there just doesn't seem to be any.  One problem is most of the fans do not give the opening needed especially the height.  Another Oh Well.

Off to check out my Osprey site.  I think Walrus got me hooked on it about 3 years back.  The 2nd chick hatched within 24 hours of the first.  It is amazing that they begin eating fish right away.  They are ugly cute.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:25 am

Pam I sure hope you can find peace with your BFF. Maybe take her aside when first arriving and let her gently know that her comments bothered you greatly. Reminder her you don’t want to lose a life long friendship, but that comments such as those will create cracks. She may not even realize or have even thought another thing about it.

Happy to hear sleep is helping elimination. Sleep is so important.

So sorry you can’t seem to find a fan that fits. Maybe call the manufacturer about the needed window opening.

Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Pam, if your total window opening is 33 wide by 10.5 height I doubt seriously that you will find anything to fit. My fan needs about 12" height to work it into the window opening, then close the window down on it.

An alternative is a whole house fan, installed in a central area in your 2nd story ceiling and venting into your attic. Several hundred bucks to buy and then probably need someone to install, but these move a lot of air and would definitely cool things off overnight.

Good luck with your BFF, hopefully she will not realize how offensive her comments were. And the lug nut thing is really scary.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:03 pm

The lug nut incident reminds me of when my brother thought it would be funny to loosen them on one of my tires. I went about 2 blocks when I thought something was off, so turned back towards home when the wheel came off. I was not a happy camper and was more angry when he didn't get in trouble for the stunt.

Hoping the friend meeting goes okay.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:56 pm

I just got an idea to use that fan in the downstairs bedroom pulling air from upstairs. I'll try that when the weather gets super hot again.

Thanks for all the comments.

~~More to the going away story. Mom called this morning identifying herself (using her full name...huh?) and telling (once again) that her aids are not working. She cannot hear a thing so don't bother calling.

She didnot know I was leaving for a 2 day one night excursion tomorrow. I drove right into town as the step-granddaughter's graduation ceremony was today. Could not help her. We communicated using paper/pen. I hope she tries that with her friends. If I can get her in for an appointment -- Wednesday will be the only day. This will overshadow my time away as I feel bad. However, this trip has been on the books since February and the out of towners will not be coming back.

Hopefully I'll be able to get her an appointment for Wednesday or perhaps Tuesday afternoon if I can figure out when I'll be getting home.

I feel bad deserting her like this. She did not remember that she was supposed to clean the ends of her aids often. She said no one told her. Sad Bad memory. Then I could not find the booklet instructions. We finally dug them out but the tools they gave her she has no idea where they are because she didn't keep everything together in the case they give you. Man....

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:52 pm

patience PPam. I know it is hard and I am heading there quickly but learning from you. Patience is the key.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:39 pm

Pam, I so understand what you are going through with Mom. As you know my dad was here for almost 2 weeks and he was always looking for something, however there is more to the story.

He had been plugging in his electric razor while here, and had even put the charger in my nightstand at one point, so I made a point of it getting into his suitcase when he left. Well a couple of days after him being home, my mom called to see if I knew where is was. It was eventually found on his end table next to his chair. He must have carried it into the living room. Meanwhile he said someone stole it. Not sure I want to get old.

Hang in there.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:10 pm

Not sure I want to get old.

This!

As with so many things that afflict the aging human body, dementia's are strongly linked to inflammation and elevated blood sugar/insulin. Yet another reason to watch what goes into one's mouth.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:27 am

I made the hearing aid appointment for today.  I called mom's home and had a note delivered to her telling her the time.  

She called back yesterday....to my surprise she did not sound angry.  I am sure she is so glad to have this appointment.  

In speaking with the hearing aid receptionist, what I tried to do was what she should have been doing all along.  When I checked out her aids on Sunday lots of evidence of wax.  I am hoping they can clean it while we wait.  When I tried changing the item she should have been doing once a month it sunk into the aid.  Hmm.

~~Trip away was short/somewhat sweet.  Being that it was my friend's birthday I did not bring up my issue with what they were laughing about concerning my mom.  Plus I did not want everyone to know about it.  Well the friend (hostess) who is always up early like me asked me some questions.  She said it was noticeable that something wasn't right.  I tried.  I sat at dinner between the two of them and I felt uncomfortable as they are the ones that chose their seats.  Oh well.  Thankfully on the way home with the other 3 of us no one asked any questions.  One of us has a big problem with telling everything and giving her judgment.  I felt uneasy on the trip in the beginning but no one asked a thing.  The hostess promised keeping the secret as I did tell her what happened.  If she tells it will become obvious eventually.  I do not feel the need to justify how I feel.  It is how I felt when those words were spoken.  I do feel I need to tell them (the people who said them) how I feel but this wasn't the proper time.  

We slept in the host's camper that way having a little privacy and to get away from all their dogs.  They live in a small 2 bedroom home and have 4 untrained dogs.  My shorter pants allowed the dogs to jump on my leg and one was a licker.  What a pain.  So glad I brought socks and I used them in sandals (the horror) to fend off the licker.  

Time to get ready for mom day.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:41 am

Pam - hugs. I’m so sorry you had a rough get away. Those type are never fun and quite draining. Hopefully you’ll get the change to talk with the offending friend and put this to bed.

Good luck with the hearing aid issue.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:43 am

I think everyone has one of those people in their lives - the judgement "friend". I also find it's better to just keep things to yourself around such people. But I am glad your one friend was perceptive enough to know, and care, that something was amiss. She sounds like a keeper.

Do you not like dogs?

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:00 am

NM:  Not sure I want to get old.
---
M2M: This!
As with so many things that afflict the aging human body, dementia's are strongly linked to inflammation and elevated blood sugar/insulin. Yet another reason to watch what goes into one's mouth.
As an official Old Fart, I can say that getting old beats the heck out of the alternative. Do all you can as M2M says to keep yourself mentally sharp. As I've said before, fading out mentally is my biggest fear as I age.  M2M is an exercise junkie and doesn't mention physical activity, but I'd throw it into the desirable mix as well.

PP: With your Mom's next MD visit, you might want to have them check and remove ear wax.  Sorry your trip and visit were awkward, but you definitely should not feel bad about your feelings. The incident shows that they have a problem, not you.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:45 pm

Rig - that is what I did today. And, it was the wax buildup as I thought. Unfortunately when I tried to fix them I was unsure of myself so I could have left her better off on Sunday. Oh well.

Now I know and will check her ears more often. Another thing to put on the list.

I had not paid attention when she got her aids. I did not realize the ends were so different than my own.

When I begin to think that taking care of my yard is too much..... I need to remember that all this hard activity and getting dirty while doing it is good for my mental health!

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:09 pm

When I begin to think that taking care of my yard is too much..... I need to remember that all this hard activity and getting dirty while doing it is good for my mental health!

Yes! And there are those that would say, eat a little something while you still have the dirt on your hands as that is really good for you too!
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:16 pm

Sad I'm not the cleanliness person. I definitely have eaten with dirty hands -- not interferring but definitely not washed either -- sometimes. I understand my mom caught me eating my poo as a youngen'. Wonder if that helped me. JAT. My new acronym. Just a thought.

I find shortcuts difficult. Those in the know.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:17 pm

Ontario I missed your question about dogs. I do love dogs but not dogs that are constantly jumping up my leg when I have short pants on. There was no getting away from them so I found my solution - socks in sandals. haha

Took the DGDog for a walk this morning at our NEW place that I tried last week. No traffic and she is free to run. She always looks so happy when we do something like this. I just had to see how far it is -- only a mile. Take one-half hour - the other half is the drive to and drop off my granddog.

I need to get back outside to rake up the pile I left yesterday and then start another leaf fire. I actually hate those but have so many tall trees there is no alternative. I have placed loads of them in the compost pit but it filled up fast.

My clemantis is making its way up the single rope I have put up. I purchased some twine I will use to provide 2-3 more places to grow. I should do today but it will happen tomorrow.

I had cut back the roses and clemantis at my son's house (where the granddog lives) last year and they are so darn happy this year! I would like to dig out that one as it is my favorite deep purple color.

Still hanging in there primally. It is not like this is a long time but good to keep at it.

My osprey parents now have 3 chicks. They are so ugly and helpless. A wonder to watch the whole event of return, sex, eggs and now chicks. Hopefully they will make it. Last year the Great Horned Owls got a couple and an Eagle injured the last one. That one is now living at his forever home in FL.

Softball tonight and I am providing the hotdogs/buns. Least I could do.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:43 pm

hey Pam, just checking in - good to catch up. The usual ups and downs I see. Life, eh?!

My garden is also rapidly getting out of control. Each years as spring begins, I think this year will be better, and I feel that little bit closer to having it under control, and then before I know it, its all gone wild again!
AutumnTiger
AutumnTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum