Perennially Yours

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

Re: Perennially Yours

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:38 pm

Thanks Rig. My guess is they saw the exodus.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:54 pm

Pam wow, so many things. They should make that hearing aide right.

Hope the driveway issue can get solved this summer

So sorry about your igloo. Yeah for the ice dams though.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Rig D wrote:Ok, so MDA has reworked its Primalblueprint.com website. I was never a signed in member there, so no big deal. It just looks like they've warmed over whatever was there, nothing new.

Maybe, but it is much better laid out. At first I thought, oh just a shop for supplements etc, and how non-primal that is. But then I found the podcasts. I don't like podcasts, would far rather read an article. But they are well sorted by category, so I searched under "barefooting" and immediately found a few by Katy Bowman. If only they had transcripts, but there's a summary so you can click and go to a question that interests you, which I think could be quite helpful.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:49 am

Happy to read you all checked out the new forum at MDA.  I may peep over there but I will definitely stay here.  

~~
Taxes and hearing aids today.  

Hoping I can talk mom into doing some of her usual "Saturday" stuff today.  The stores will be emptier and perhaps I can get her into Fantastic Sams as she requested last minute last week.  

I will do my best to hand-write the list she needs to be cleaned up.  She would not, absolutely, give me the sheet to type.  I'll tend to that handwritten list today and make notes on the old sheet so I can still type it up.  It will be handy to have if I ever need to contact those friends.  

~~
Slept 7.5 hrs.  
Still wake up at 4--- 4:30.  Wish I could creak the going to bed to later.  I have tried to change from 9 to 10 but I still awake at the hours listed.  
Offal meal of giblets.  I truly love giblets.  And rice, asparagus and lettuce salad with radish, cauliflower, onion....forgot the orange pepper.  

Ice dams completely gone and another higher temp day in store!  40F  yea.

~~
Time to purchase the food for my cabin adventure in a week.  I have begun gathering the items I am responsible for.  Since we began have an assignment it has made it easier to re-assign tasks/equipment when people move away....like 2 of us have done.  

I used to have a shelving unit I found by the side of the road for use in the cabin.  It works well for all the food and picnic supplies we bring.  It got so wiggly that I had to trash it. I purchased a rather nice one a couple of years back.  I also take a tall lamp as the lighting in the cabin seems more romantic than useful.  We can't see the color differences in the games we play without it especially as daylight ebbs.  

I always take a big bag of charcoal and as much fire wood as I can fit in the vehicle.  I found wood earlier this month and it is in the basement staying dry.  We will need more wood as we all like to play with and have fires so will need to purchase some.  Everyone is supposed to try to bring some wood.

I also bring the family game bag.  It includes all the games we play at the cabin and more if we get bored.  

Still need to fill out the form for my IRA MRD.  I hate forms.  Always worry that I'll screw them up....and have.  

Need to review my income tax documents to make sure all is there.  

Laundry to finish up.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:09 am

PPam: There is no forum function on the new PrimalBlueprint.com site.

Annieh:I didn't explore the new PB.com podcast capability as I get all the PB podcasts, and also the Primal Endurance Podcasts via an RSS download. They are part of about 6 things I get daily via RSS (assuming new material available) and they come in an mp3 format, I put them on my mp3 player so I can listen using headphones while on the go.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:13 am

Took a peek Rig.  

~~
Turns out ear wax was interfering with my aid!  I know the dr. always mention my ears, I try to clean without harming my eardrums.  Looks like I need to do for me what I have done for mom.  Drs. appointment.  Drudgery.  At least the aids are fine.

~~
Gave the tax info for both me and mom to our tax person.  Glad it is being worked on now.  

~~
Took mom to Fantastic Sams.  Good to get that out of the way.  Also wrote out her phone list.  Why she would not let me take is a wonder.  I have the original list now and can type it up for her.  

Took her to lunch and then went grocery shopping for both of us.  I did mine after I dropped her off.  I did not want to be rushed.  

~~
Breakfast with the hikers today.  The quilt has been laid out.  It has not been sewn together but we all got a pic of what it will look like.  Considering, this was a pretty fast project.  After sewn together it will be quilted which we will all pay a portion of.  

Hope I am around when it is presented to our ill friend.  She is coming to breakfast today after her first liquid chemo.  She was not feeling well last week afterward.  

~~
The other hs friend has had a Seroma which is fluid building up to help with healing.  It is a problem as it is under her arm, gets in the way and is causing pain.  Her friend, my hs friend and hiker friend, is not at all understanding which I find disconcerting.  

The woman with the Seroma lost a sister to breast cancer and it is no wonder she is crazy scared.  

~~
Today is the lake community's chili cookoff/winter carnival.  At least it got cold again.  It would have been pretty muddy if it had not.  So hard to plan a winter event these last few years. I will be arriving later in the day for the bonfire as I am not a chili fan and it would keep me from the other food that may be around.

I also need to let out my DGDog twice today as my DS is ice fishing a long way from home.

~~
Purchased some of the food I need for next weekend.  I will make choc chip cookies today for my driveway elf.  He has a sweet tooth.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:48 am

Pam, busy as usual

Im So happy to hear the aide is fine and a good ear cleaning resolved the issue.

Sounds like things are coming along nicely for your camp next weekend.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:40 pm

NM, thank you. You misunderstood....I have not done the cleaning of the ears yet. Just bought the kit. There is a part on the aid that you need to replace.

Wish I was camping next weekend...the cabin has all the luxuries we need. Haha - electricity, heat, refrig (small one), coffee brewer, toaster. Double beds and futons - enough for 7 but we only have 4.

~~Baking cookies right now. The dough seems wrong. I had put in too much flour and I fear when I realized that and left off the extra 1/4 cup, I grabbed too much of the baking soda. Oh well. It's the thought---right?

~~Break for DGDog but she sure wanted to got for a hike. I felt bad. Her dad left on the television for her. Football---normal for that house. haha

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:29 pm

Sorry Pam. But do see about the ears.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:21 am

Now it's my turn to smile. A football-watching dog, hehee.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:52 am

Drove to Lake Michigan yesterday. Long beach walks, sun and fresh air. Stopped along the coast at places I have meant to but never took the time in the past. Gone less than 12 hours. Walked the beach at least 4 hours.

Beach mostly snow covered. Nothing anywhere close to the actual water. Still dangerous, probably more so, to walk on the ice cliffs.

Slept 6.5 hrs last night.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:24 pm

Good for you in slipping in a day of adventure!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:51 pm

Your day out sounds entirely therapeutic.

I have never seen snow on a beach.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:18 pm

Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing day
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:23 am

Took the DGDog for a hike yesterday at the State Park where we go often and where the cabin we'll use this weekend.  I put the adirondack chairs on the covered porch since it will be raining all week.  (Helps to live nearby.)  Grabbed the wood logs I have been watching over the winter in hopes of using them this weekend.  

Not a good day food-wise.  Need to get to the grocery store again.  

Tonight is The Moth.  I am a paying customer this go around.  Just can't seem to keep away.  The theme is:  Secrets.

Will be walking with the DGDog again today if the rain is not stormy.  Thunder and lightening suggested.  There is always am umbrella.  I'll consider that.  

Laundry on the docket and planning what to take this weekend too  

Just irrigated both ears.  A solution of equal amounts of water and white vinegar.  I probably should do this every morning until I can see some result.  Not hurtful but not enjoyable in the least.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:22 pm

Pam, have fun at the Moth tonight.

As to your ears, I have to do DHs and he had to do the, regularly prior to getting ill. One suggestion is try to get the solution to just slightly above body temp. Not sure if you did but DH always did and has me do as well. The other question is what are you using to get the water in there? We use a baby enema syringe I’d you will. Perfect sized tube and the bulb on the end makes it easy to squirt in and not too hard. Also, we do each ear until we get something. Now the caveat is I can look in and see if there is anything that needs to come out and if we have it clean or not. You’d need to have your DS stop down to look in yours. Hope some of that helps.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:33 pm

I will admit that snow and ice caps on a beach are a beautiful winter sight. But, yes, they are risky and not worth risking walking on or near.

The ear wax removal....just go lightly on that. It can really irritate the ears if done too harshly or regularly.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:24 pm

I'm bummed. I can see the writing on the wall for my volunteering for The Moth. They had a skeleton crew last evening and an announcement about tickets only being available online now. That will mean the folks who work the door may not be needed. Last sentence is my idea....not part of the announcement.

They had another 24 people sign up to tell "Secrets". And boy were they all good stories. One of my favorite story tellers won. The first story was very well told but did not get good points. I believe if she would have told later her points would have been higher.

Had a good time and met a nice couple who ended up sitting next to me. Their first visit and at the end they mentioned they'd be back. They drove an hour to attend. This is not cheap entertainment. The tickets cost $11+ and then there is the parking nearby. I park for free at my old place of employment (County lot) but it is apparent that more and more people are realizing the free parking there.

~~Took the DGDog for to get her nails done yesterday. This is the 2nd time I've decided to do. I stayed back and let the person lead her in. Brittany was not all nervous this time. I guess I should stay back. I could see her and she was a trooper.

We then went for a hike.

Been raining here, like everywhere else. Muddy time of the year for dog walkers. I have been having to rinse off her feet upon entering the house and she does not like it.

~~Mom received more tax info in the mail. I told our tax prep person. Then I received a new form from my previous employer about my health insurance. Things must have changed as far as the "deadline" to get people forms. I thought I had everything. Something new?

~~Another DGDog walk today. Like yesterday, when on leash, she did not pull. I am thankful for this change in behavior especially since she has run at people within the last 2-3 weeks (once) and she ran after some rabbits yesterday when I decided to put on her leash.

~~Finished a book about WWII. Long, small print, hard read. Not a true story but I am sure the facts were. Difficult read from a Jew's point of view.

~~Took care of donations, a UPS mail return and found some "reduced" porterhouse steaks.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:54 pm

I had to do my ears a few times in the past - I got pretty good at it after the first time. So weird to find out what's in there! When I was swimming a lot, ironically my ears were dirtier.

Hope you get to stay on at The Moth, such a cool thing to do. I used to listen to it all of the time.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:12 am

TW, thanks for stopping by.  I am not finding whatever is coming out of my ears.  I do use Qtips in the outer parts of the ear and have seen some wax.  I use a solution of equal parts water and white vinegar with a blub thingy.  Of course, I have no idea what is in there and will keep trying this procedure.  Hope you find a way to listen to The Moth where you live.  

~~Today will be involved in reorganizing my vehicle and starting to load it up.  I take a few large items; one being the metal shelving and a tall lamp for better vision while playing games.  The light in the cabin seems to be subdued.  Also the wood I have been picking up along the road. The places to buy are not always filled up this time of year. Looking forward to some fun.  

Another of our women may not be in attendance.  Her hubby just had surgery reconstructing his foot from a motorcycle accident last year.  A bone graft was involved which I did not know about.  

My breast cancer friend from HS had her mastectomy yesterday.  Had to stay in the hospital due to pain meds.  It is odd that both these patients were to go home the same day.  Guessing they like to get people out due to germs and costs.  

~~Have been drinking a tsp of Bragg's Organic vinegar every day.  It really helps with the acid reflux.  

Sleeping much longer most of the time now.  Do not reach 8 hrs but close.  I'd say much better than 4-5.  

Still have not filled out the form to begin taking my required distribution from my IRA.  Must get on that today.  

Ordered new slippers from Cabelas and they were too small.  Bummed as I was going to take them to the cabin.  Sent them back on yesterday's duty mission.  

Still have not tried to fix my Dremel.  What is wrong with me?
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:58 am

Still have not tried to fix my Dremel. What is wrong with me?
When you do, be sure to apply my time tested rule of thumb for estimating the repair time: Make your best estimate of how long it will take. Double it. Go to the next higher unit of measure.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:01 am

Way to get me to procrastinate Rig!
Laughing
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:32 am

Forewarned is forearmed.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:56 pm

Sounds like a productive couple of days.

Hoping you can stay on with the Moth.

Happy to here DGDog is doing well on lead.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:07 am

Rig -- Newspaper article said the same thing....forewarned. . .

~~I take equipment to our adventure. That being a metal shelving unit for our food and supplies. Well, I put it in the vehicle and was vacuuming out the rest of it. Got cold and decided to go inside to warm up. Shut the back door and wham....I broke out the entire back window. I "thought" I had the shelving unit in far enough.

Then came the insurance agency talk and the finding of a place to fix. Was talked into going to the Safelife place in my mom's town. Said they were expecting me. Turns out the admin person must have called another Safeline business. The man who was to "temporarily fix" was angry and said he was expecting me an hour ago. I said I was told it was set up I could come. Regardless I had a fit and got the temp fix done. They were going to leave all the glass and simply put up plastic. Well, they cleaned up the glass, vacuumed and put on a better quality plastic after I was angry. Must have been an administrative combobulation as the guy ended up saying I was probably talking to someone in AZ. Got my way in the end.

Came home and loaded the wood and misc other stuff into the vehicle. Paying out of pocket vs insurance company. This part of life where $ isn't so tight is nice. No $ worries.

Only slept 6 hrs last night but I'll take it.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum