Perennially Yours

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Re: Perennially Yours

Post by Lovebird on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:19 am

JJ Virgin has a problem with balsamic vinegar as it is made with grapes... there are plenty of other, even keto promoting, people that don't have any issues with it. Check labels for authentic balsamic vinegar though.

Considering one only uses very small quantities of it, and not every day/meal I wouldn't worry about it. JMHO.

Decluttering... so nice once it's done, but during it's like you've made/got more mess than before. Rolling Eyes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:49 am

I find the best authentic BV at Home Goods (I got avocado oil there while Costco was closed due to flooding).

Decluttering - I've got some areas in the house I need to focus on after I finish decluttering myself.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:03 pm

Pam sounds like some good plans for the week.

Hopefully the aid issue will be easy to resolve for you.

Do take care on a ladder in snow and ice.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:36 am

Lovebird wrote:Decluttering... so nice once it's done, but during it's like you've made/got more mess than before. Rolling Eyes

I opened a Pandora's Box today.  Every little piece of info was interesting and something I want to remember.  However, I need a way to condense my interests.  Reason being:  this box has been looking at me for over two years and each and every component flicks my interest button.  

While I got the sea glass situation moved, I still have that Office to contend with (where I put the sea glass).  Again, there are stacks of interests that I need to get a handle on.  Woe is me.  

~~
Never did the ice dam work.  When I roof raked yet another time I discovered ice dams everywhere.  Since it is going to rain on Wed/Thur I decided to let nature take its' course.  I have pretty much decided to have a new roof and gutters this summer.  I should get on that (yet another interest for the pile) soon to at least get it scheduled.  Scheduled so that I can still vacation at my favorite times.  

With my last roof replacements I did not get a permit. The permit would have informed me that an ice guard resistant material was missing.

~~
Finished up the cauliflower soup.  
Grapefruit and almonds (nuts suggested to halt the insulin response)  I think.  I have been combining them ever since I read that.  
Steak, potato, fried onions, brussell sprouts

Dried cherries and choc chips.....not good I know.

~~
Today is my massage.  Gathering all my tax info to be prepared for Thursday.  

DGDog walk?  Perhaps if I get my act together soon.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:54 pm

Hoping your day is excellent. How sensible to schedule the roof replacement now when you are apt to have your pick of dates.

When talking with MIL about getting rid of stuff in her house, we've focused on her limited energy and prioritizing what she would like to do when she can do something. Painting is her first love, so I remind her of that and she finds it easier to let go of other stuff that she won't ever actually do. Sadly, I'm not certain she will paint either, but I'll never say that out loud. Like you, she has many interests, so we encourage her to focus and make time for the things she loves best.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:57 pm

M2M - Good advice.

Still off:
Diet Coke
Fake Sugar
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:00 pm

Pam I feel your pain. The amount and types of crafting things I have is insane. I love them all. It’s hard to say what I will and will not do again as so much is tied up with what is possible right now with DH.

I’m sure you’ll get it all figured out.

I agree scheduling the roof now is a really good idea
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:03 pm

Woe is not you. You have interests, many interests. You enjoy them and it keeps your life spicy and varied. This is a blessing. So many people can't seem to find enjoyment in anything. Too bad if it's a bit messy at times. Sure, declutter to make room for you and the things you enjoy most, and to get rid of anything that is weighing you down. But keep the treasures. Pretty please.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:23 am

Annie - you are so right!

~~
Today is a busy day with mom.

Mom always complains about the number of times she has to get up at night to use the restroom. Going on for years. At her drs. appt. he brought up what time was she taking a certain pill. It should be taken in the morning. Because I had another appointment I did not have time to go up to her apartment and check.

Today is her hearing aid appointment.

Take her glasses into an optomitrist to screw back on the lense she thought she lost.

Compile info for our income tax meeting Thursday.

Call in her new credit card and make sure she signs the back (although I do not know if that makes a difference these days). Have you ever had anyone look at the back of the card you use? nada

Fantastic Sams - whisker removal - she does not like me using my little shaver.

Grocery store - or maybe that can wait until Thursday. then no Saturday again this week.

I still need to cut off and hem her new pants. they are 60% cotton and seemed tight to me when she put them on.

I hope to find time to walk the DGDog before leaving for town. I did not walk her yesterday other than in her yard. She was very confused and really wanted to go into the car. She did remember the bone I put into the house when I arrived and was willingly chewing away when I left.

~~ Keeping Track

Neck pain/soreness subsiding.
Morning digestion relief.
Sleeping 6.5 hrs and through the night becoming common
No fake sugar; meaning no Diet Coke or Ice Polar chewing gun --- really addicted to both

Bad Pam:
Had fast food yesterday

~~
Massage therapist and I realized yesterday that my neck was not all tight and messed up. How could I forget how much time she always has to give to my neck and shoulders? It occurred to me later in the massage when I mentioned it to her. She said goodness gracious you are right our neck was mushy today.

~~
I am constantly looking at the weather forecast for a Winter camp. It was not Official in December as it was still considered Fall when I camped. Jury duty may end up messing up my chances prior to Spring.

~~
I sent a black light flashlight to my sea glass friend down in FL. She is the one who showed me how to use a Dremel last summer. She is geeked now too.

I found more glowing glass last night. I have not been through all 28 years of glass yet. haha.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:25 am

Annie - you are so right!  

~~
Today is a busy day with mom.  

Mom always complains about the number of times she has to get up at night to use the restroom.  Going on for years.  At her drs. appt. he brought up what time was she taking a certain pill.  It should be taken in the morning.  Because I had another appointment I did not have time to go up to her apartment and check.  

Today is her hearing aid appointment.

Take her glasses into an optometrist to screw back on the lense she thought she lost.

Compile info for our income tax meeting Thursday.

Call in her new credit card and make sure she signs the back (although I do not know if that makes a difference these days).  Have you ever had anyone look at the back of the card you use?  nada

Fantastic Sams - whisker removal - she does not like me using my little shaver.

Grocery store - or maybe that can wait until Thursday.  Then no Saturday visit this week.  

I still need to cut off and hem her new pants.  They are 60% cotton and seemed tight to me when she put them on.  

I hope to find time to walk the DGDog before leaving for town.  I did not walk her yesterday other than in her yard.  She was very confused and really wanted to go into the car.  She did remember the bone I put into the house when I arrived and was willingly chewing away when I left.  

~~ Keeping Track

Neck pain/soreness subsiding.
Morning digestion relief.
Sleeping 6.5 hrs and through the night becoming common
No fake sugar;  meaning no Diet Coke or Ice Polar chewing gun --- really addicted to both

Bad Pam:
Had fast food yesterday

~~
Massage therapist and I realized yesterday that my neck was not all tight and messed up.  How could I forget how much time she always has to give to my neck and shoulders?  It occurred to me later in the massage when I mentioned it to her.  She said goodness gracious you are right your neck was mushy today.  

~~
I am constantly looking at the weather forecast for a Winter camp.  It was not Official in December as it was still considered Fall when I camped.  Jury duty may end up messing up my chances prior to Spring.  

~~
I sent a black light flashlight to my sea glass friend down in FL.  She is the one who showed me how to use a Dremel last summer.  She is geeked now too.  

I found more glowing glass last night.  I have not been through all 28 years of glass yet.  haha.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:29 am

I read about your adventures with your mother and see that in my near future with my mom. She turns 80 next January.

Great news about the neck.

Good job on avoiding diet coke and ice polar gum.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:42 pm

You certainly had a busy day.

I would say eased neck due to sleeping in bed vs on the couch?

Hopefully, if your mom can move her meds she will wake less at night for the bathroom.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:37 am

Turns out mom is taking that med in the morning. Oh well.

She bought new hearing aids yesterday and will get them in 2 weeks. Mom's learning curve is going to be while I am on jury duty.

Dr. exchanged a piece in mine saying my issue was a known one. Good grief. 2 weeks old and finding that out.

Took the DGDog out for a hike yesterday. She just loves rolling in the snow. It is such fun to watch.

Turns out the rain forecast has been changed. Darn. I was hoping for free/easy assistance with the ice dams. since the dr. saw me yesterday perhaps I'll get my butt out there today. Just the thought makes me sit. haha

Slept 7 hrs.
Breakfast was salad and left over steak
Lunch/Dinner was Bi Bim Bop. Steak, spinach, cucumber, slaw over rice with loads of hot sauce.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:48 am

I am sure the GDDog had fun and that you moved around while out with her.

Food sounds great.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:15 am

Pedi, the DGDog did roll around in the snow even with the crust of ice on top. She simply loves it.

Not much accomplished yesterday. Seems as if I need a catch-up day following a full day of duty.

~~
I need to send in my mandatory IRA withdrawal form. I will try to fill it out today after gathering all my tax information for today's appointment with my financial adviser. I may go to town early to piecemeal mom's info although it is altogether currently.

~~
Last week I did some 2nd hand store shopping. Purchased a new winter coat that looks very nice on. Not a dress coat. And for $0.50 I purchased a deep purple velvet robe. I was going to put it in the stack for the 12 days of Christmas. I washed it and put it on yesterday. It fits me perfectly. The robes of past 12 days of Christmas gifts given to me have always been way too big, arms too long and bulky at the end. This robe is perfect and I think I am keeping it.

As you can tell by the price, we use our $ sparingly. haha. The store was just getting rid of winter stuff and I lucked out.

~~
Very sunny day yesterday but not sunny enough to melt the ice in the gutters. Unfortunately. Guess I am just leaving it.

~~
The igloo awaits more work. Hmm. I see now how I went around its beginning in a circle thereby making the snow throwing much easier. I need to get back at it before it melts.

~~
Another 7 hr sleep but waking up at 4am isn't great either. Bed at 9.

Need to plan something for meals today.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:21 am

First the junk mail contained a newsletter from (supposedly) RigD. Today I received an email that Primal Blueprint has begun a new website. Interesting.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:12 am

PPam: I posted this fix in the Login Problems thread:
In fixing this up on the Popular Contents email thing, I noticed that in the very top bar, where the social media icons show, the "Welcome <user>" is no longer visible. So just mouse over to the right of the social media stuff until your mouse pointer indicates a link and click it then go to edit Profile.

In the edit profile, click Preferences, one of the options listed is Allow newsletters "Popular contents" : . I've turned this off and expect it to cure things.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:33 am

Great find on a 50 cent robe! I got the email about primal forum restarting too. I did not click the link.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:42 pm

Pedi---I did not click the link either.  What with their lack of information and letting us linger when they had no intention of fixing the original site---why go through that again?  It doesn't seem morally primal.  

~~
Took the DGDog for a long walk.  I pulled out the leash and strapped it around her belly and mine.  She walked beside me the entire time.  No pulling!  I'm flabbergasted.  And happy.  

~~
Took in the old laptop and purchased a screw driver to open it and grab the hard drive.  Have already taken it apart.  

~~
Called mom a 2nd time to inform her of the time changes due to a call today from my financial person that she messed up and could make it at noon.  I actually expected push back since I had originally phoned her today to mention I had messed up the days.  

~~
Made an appointment with my hearing aid person and was told they may need to send in the appliance.  No way.  I want new one.  We'll see how far I get with that request.  It only seems fair.

~~
Veggie omelet with spinach, onion, brocolli, swiss cheese.  Very filling.  

~~
Good news for me, the warmer weather continues and the ice dams have melted away.  

Bad news for me, my driveway (which is shaded) is nothing but ice, ice, ice.  Very tricky for someone my age.  This has bothered me for some time....as I am not getting any younger.  The drive needs to slope away from the house and the road has added loads of dirt and rocks over the years.  Now it all bleeds into my driveway next to the road. Home ownership causes issues it seems all the time.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:43 pm

Sad It seems to be lightly raining and my igloo will be a thing of the past by morning.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:14 pm

I didn't get the email about the new and possibly improved MDA site. Do you still have the email? If so can you post the link they sent?
Thanks, Rig
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:33 pm

perennialpam wrote:Sad  It seems to be lightly raining and my igloo will be a thing of the past by morning.  

Darn. Sounds as if it was unfinished. Still with this crazy winter, you are apt to get another big snowstorm that will let you try again.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:57 pm

Rig D wrote:I didn't get the email about the new and possibly improved MDA site. Do you still have the email? If so can you post the link they sent?
Thanks, Rig

Can't do as it contains my real name and all. Sorry Rig.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:00 pm

Darn it, I clicked. Tried to copy it.

This is where it took me:

https://www.primalblueprint.com/account/activate
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:04 pm

perennialpam wrote:
Good news for me, the warmer weather continues and the ice dams have melted away.  

Bad news for me, my driveway (which is shaded) is nothing but ice, ice, ice.  Very tricky for someone my age.  This has bothered me for some time....as I am not getting any younger.  The drive needs to slope away from the house and the road has added loads of dirt and rocks over the years.  Now it all bleeds into my driveway next to the road. Home ownership causes issues it seems all the time.

Good news on temps helping you out there.
Wow, sounds scary. How do you handle the ice on the driveway for walking? Do you use ice cleats to get by there?
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum