Re: Perennially Yours

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Happy Birthday Pam.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:43 pm

Happy BD, youngster. Glad to have you join me on the journey through decade 7.
'47 must have been a very good year!
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Lovebird wrote:Happy Birthday Miss PPam!

May many healthy years follow!

Oh, I knew it was soon, but didn't realize it was today...

Happy Birthday, Pam! bounce
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:24 pm

Hey, happy birthday!!!!! cheers

I used to LOVE lemon lush. Lemon bars, all things lemony. A little harder to do now, which is probably a good thing.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:57 pm

Happy Birthday Pam. Do enjoy your dinner with Mom.

Prayers for your friends husband. Not an easy path I'm afraid.

Grok on my friend!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:37 pm

Yes, sometimes need to shore up reserves for helping a loved one with support. Strength to you in your visit with your friend.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:35 am

Thank you LB.  Glad to see you here.  

Extremely busy day yesterday but I fit it all in.  I even am helping my friend who's guy is in the VA hospital taking care of her contributions for today's 12 Days of Christmas Big Reveal -- meaning we will not only be opening all the gifts but will learn who our secret santa is.  

I am almost done with my own food contributions and am considering broiling the chicken that is my friend's contribution so that it is ready for our salad.  I still need to clean out the vehicle from my helping my breast cancer friend yesterday.  I kept all the rose bush trimmings in addition to the tall grass plant she wanted gone.  

I have also offered up the child's desk that I have had around here far too long.  I will give to the hostess's daughter today.  

I am exhausted.  It seems that drinking alcohol may be over for me.  I have found that the combo of alcohol and bread (yes) causes an uneasy sleeping situation.  This occurred Tuesday and last night.  It is not acid reflux but similar.  I feel very unrested.  Sad

Dinner with mom was nice and I only had one beer with some bread tidbits.  She always wants to go to one restaurant that provides a free meal for the birthday person.  I started this practice with her birthday years back and it is continued with my own.  

70  is good.  Honest.  haha

Last edited by perennialpam on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:27 pm

It seems that drinking alcohol may be over for me. I have found that the combo of alcohol and bread (yes) causes an uneasy sleeping situation.

Smile Goodness, when will you learn --Ya just gotta stay away from that BREAD. So terribly non primal.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:03 pm

Rig D wrote:
It seems that drinking alcohol may be over for me. I have found that the combo of alcohol and bread (yes) causes an uneasy sleeping situation.

Smile Goodness, when will you learn --Ya just gotta stay away from that BREAD. So terribly non primal.

For me, it would be the alcohol - actually bread is a gateway food to alcohol for me.
Take care, Pam
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:30 pm

Happy to hear you enjoyed your Birthday dinner.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:42 pm

<< hiding in shame >>

I know.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:20 am

Pam, you turned 70! Congratulations, and I choose to believe you that 70 is good. May the year bring many joyful times. Grok on girl x
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:21 am

perennialpam wrote:<< hiding in shame >>

I know.

No use in hiding PPam ... live and learn. Smile

Improve, Appreciate, Connect, Protect.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:41 am

The group enjoyed our 12 Days of Christmas Big Reveal party. It was difficult with my AZ BFF being far away. We could not get Skype to work so went to Facetime. I have no experience using either. It was difficult for my AZ friend I am sure as the phone was passed around and we could not see her that much unless we held the phone. Sad

We only played one game. We could not believe it but opening 12 gifts does take time. The hostess's grandson joined us in a game and he beat our butts! It is not like we were letting him....he actually figured out how to play and was so proud. I should mention he is only 7.

We stayed the night and it is a good thing as the roads were awful come morning. May have been bad driving home in the snow covered dark roads most of us were unfamiliar with. The drive to my mom's place in the morning was stressful. Accidents all over the place and vehicles in the ditches along the sides of roads. Sad First snowfalls are always the worst.

Baby shower (yes, again) today. I am so over participating in showers as they seem to be huge on invitees and long on watching the person opening gift after gift. Whiny 70 yo here. Smile

It was not a wet snow so no snow men yet. However, if I manage to find some time today there is the back hill for a slide or too. I hope the snow remains so I can partake.

Have a great rest of your weekend.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Pam you always make me smile. I love all the things you do at 70. I personally don't fee that is old, but I know too many people that are in their 70's that live like they are 100. They limit themselves. I am thrilled that you do not.

Hope you got to do some sled riding today.

Grok on my friend!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:57 pm

NM, I wish you could have some time to do things such as I get to. That is so sweet of you to think of others considering your own situation.

Hoping for good things for you in the future.

~~~After walking up the hill to give the chickens some leftovers I decided against a sled down on the hill. It was very difficult walking up and I was afraid I may slip when coming down. Need to wait for more snow....but I will do this and in all reality more than once.

Back from the boring shower....we even played games. Sad
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:11 pm

Pam - I get to live vicariously through you and others on the board. I just imagine myself doing these things with all of you. Someday I will also partake. The harder part is trying to keep myself in shape while stuck inside. Smile One thing I definitely plan on is having a few chickens. Can't have them here even if I had the time, it's against the "rules"

Grok on my friend

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:59 am

Well, don't make my mistake.....I logged off of the MDA message site. There is no place to log in now. Wasn't using my common sense yesterday apparently. I can still see the general categories just not the msgs left by those I used to follow. Stupid mistake.

It continues to snow here. Not that deep but still causes accidents.

Still have some Christmas shopping to do. I have taken care of the main people which is good. As usual, just not in the mood.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:07 am

perennialpam wrote:Well, don't make my mistake.....I logged off of the MDA message site.  There is no place to log in now.  Wasn't using my common sense yesterday apparently.  I can still see the general categories just not the msgs left by those I used to follow.  Stupid mistake. 

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Ib0d9cwBJLQJ:forum.marksdailyapple.com/online+&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nl

Don't know how long it's available... but there you go! Wink

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:29 am

Why aren't you an admin here too like Ontario and RigD? You are amazing! thank you.

I will not signout of MDA again. No one was there but if someone shows up, I'll be able to see.

Thank you Lovebird. Again.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:50 am

This works to let you see posts while not logged in, but doesn't give you a way to post to MDA Forum.  It should continue to work even after LB's solution times out eventually:
http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/advanced_search
Use "from" and "to" dates to pull up any newer posts and I sort 'em by descending date.  I tried it this AM for 12-1 through today and there were less than 10 total since 12/6.

The advanced search also has options for searching for members' posts, searching for text, etc. I can't imagine finding anything in the vast amount of info on MDA without using it.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:59 pm

Why aren't you an admin here too like Ontario and RigD? You are amazing! thank you.
Very Happy Ontario just added a Moderators usergroup, and LB is included. There have been some PM's on her getting involved over the last week, glad it is finalized.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:05 am

Great news indeed.

Update on the signin at MDA. I find this morning it has expired again.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:19 am

I was able to get back into MDA and continued copying my journal. I made the changes as suggested in earlier posts about extending the views/page and have gotten half way through my journal.

I somehow, accidentally, copied more than one page. I switch back between Word and my journal pages easily at the moment. Versus having to copy each page/view separately. I wish I could tell those who are copying theirs how I did this. It will mean loads of deleting various components but that is worthwhile in my opinion.

~~~We got a boatload of snow last night. I must get outside and begin shoveling while it is still dark. I love being out there at that time of day/night when there are no other people out. So quiet. So lovely. Out I go.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:50 am

Rig D wrote:
Very Happy Ontario just added a Moderators usergroup, and LB is included. There have been some PM's on her getting involved over the last week, glad it is finalized.

Not quite. But I'm sure Ontario will figure it out. It's not like she has only the forum stuff to deal with. Cool As delighted as I am with having my own usergroup Laughing, I'd rather be in the moderator group as planned/promised to be able to deal with non-behaving guests... Wink

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum