^^ You're funny.

See, that's an excellent choice. Wink

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Perennially Yours

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:52 am

Love the avatar.

Sounds like some fun and busy days. Neat history too.

Hopefully they’ll be able to fix the Endomotsaurus for the new museum.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:08 am

http://www.eartharchives.org/articles/edmontosaurus-the-great-american-duckbill-dinosaur/

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:51 pm

Thanks for the picture. The one my grandpa worked on was laid out looking like the land it probably lived on. I believe it was 32 feet long. Took him 3 years to assemble.

Lovebird you are such a good researcher.....

Wish I was related to Dan Buettner....he is a good looking man.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:59 pm

Nice avatar Pam.
Still think it's cool your grandpa found a dinosaur.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:17 pm

Thanks for the pic LB. Nice to see what we are discussing.

Pam I can imagine the length of time to put that puzzle together. Great work.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:47 am

Troubling interactions with mom the last 2 days. She did not recognize her niece’s last name when they called on their way yesterday. Additionally, she called Friday asking when the relatives were to arrive. She seemed surprised that it was the next day.

Ham
Potato Salad
Coleslaw
Fruit Salad
Veggie Tray
Applesauce
Avocado Dip
Shrimp/Cocktail
Magic Moment Cookie Bars
Lemon Lush
Bread
Potato Chips/Doritos

Supplies for serving and feeding everyone.

I cannot wait for this holiday season to be over.

Happy New Year all.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:33 pm

Pam, you have done so well with the prep, hope it is all appreciated and that in amongst the rush you have some special moments with some of your special people. Happy New Year.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:50 pm

Sorry about Moms forgetfulness. My dad is having similar issues. It’s hard.

Have fun today.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:40 am

Day went well and all were in attendance for the entire time (my sons).  I thought they may breeze in and out but they stayed the entire time.  

Some game playing and holding a 6 mos old Great Nephew.  His older brother would have nothing to do with me with this year.  Last year he was a cuddler.  

I think my nieces went out for New Years.  They asked me what bar to go to.  I have no idea.  haha  

Hope their drive home today is uneventful.  6+ hour drive in frigid weather is a worry.  My nephew did not make it this year.  He had to work...

Now to bring up the left over food that I left in the vehicle last night.  It'll all be frozen.  

My breast cancer friend cannot get a break.  Her Parkinson DH is going downhill and not being cared for as she wishes.  She has made her request known numerous times that he needs to be up and dressed daily.  Additionally he has had a UTI and she feels he has one again.  Then their son was gone skiing and broke his collar bone last weekend.  He is a dentist...hmm how will he work?  The break will need surgery.  

I have offered to go with her to see her DH today as much as I'd rather stay home.  I have yet to hear back if she would like company.  

Did I mention I made a little Christmas Tree for my son's GF?  She has a very small house and cannot fit a tree.  I have tried for years to find something suitable and did this year at an estate sale.  I dropped if off on her deck in hopes that she did not see me.  She didn't and eventually asked if I was behind the tree via a text message with a picture of it (in the house) and a You? message.  She said it was the Fish ornament that gave it away.  I had thought it would be the one and only seaglass ornament I was able to make before my dremel conked.  

Still need to work on the dremel.  

My other friend who's guy is seriously ill was the recipient of a Christmas box prior to the holiday.  I think she knows who her secret friend is since she posted on our private group about it.  

I love doing secret things for people. Sometimes I never know if they figured out who was the culprit.

Am glad to be here this New Year and looking forward to what adventures I can reach for.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:59 pm

Pam sounds like a successful day. I hope those traveling home. Add it safely.

You had mentioned about the tree. I’m so happy it was well received.

You are such a blessing to your friends.

So sorry about your friends DH and now son being down as well.

Have a blessed day
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeangenie on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:26 am

You are a good friend, Pam!
jeangenie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:14 am

Thank you NM and JG for your thoughts.

I need to unplug my lighted Christmas Wreath out on the back apple tree. I so love it but it is time.

Today should be laundry day. We'll see how much I accomplish in that regard. Remember I need to walk outside down to the basement for this task. Michigan basement is what they are called. Not to mention that I have procrastinated this task over the last 2 weeks....needs to be done. Perhaps that is the only way I'll get to it in these frigid temps.

Would like to have some time for a walk with DGDog. I let that task go as the temps plunged and my DGDaughter was here.

Have a plan to visit the Soc Sec. Office tomorrow to get things looked at. Had called the office and wished to pursue over the phone but they suggested a visit. Taking a book for sure as it is normally like going to the Sec. of State. Long waits.

Received my new Cabelas credit card. No need to call in and assure the company that I received it. This is bothering me since I live in the country, our mail has been screwy at the end of the year and I would have no way to know the card had been delivered. What was the company thinking about this procedure...or lack of procedure?

Been tackling inserting known items in my 2018 pocket calendar. I have discovered there are dates written for upcoming events with no info about what they are for. good gravy...I thought I was on top of things.

Off to the basement.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Hope that going up and down the steps kept you warm. I'm fairly sure you are in the freezing part of the country. Glad the holiday party went well, perhaps your mom was extra confused because of the schedule changes. I see that a lot with my MIL - she does not do well with change.

Happy New Year, Pam.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:58 pm

Good luck figuring out your calendar. I messed up mine for today, so hopefully you’ll do better

Would not have wanted to go into your basement today, way too cold
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:38 am

The Moth needed me last night; the theme "Ambition". Another great bunch of stories. Some of the regulars did not make it. Perhaps they procrastinated purchasing tickets.

Got home, turned on my phone and immediately heard a message from mom. Due to recording The Moth event we are asked to do that and I forgot to turn it back on while in town.

Of course, her message was short: I'm having trouble. So I called at 10 p.m. and let the phone ring and ring. She is yelling that she cannot hear and she wants to see that guy: my hearing aide guy. Guess who has an appointment today? Me. My left hearing aide has been giving me problems and I am going in to find out if I now need new aides.

Mom does not remember (and I think I do) that there is nothing he can do for her any longer. I'll be able to check about that today with my visit.

She demanded I give her my appointment but I refused. It is only a 1/2 hour appointment to check out the aide...not normal length for an indepth one.

I feel bad for her as I keep having trouble when in groups myself especially with that left one acting up. She announced when at the holiday party that she was feeling sorry for herself because she could not hear. Of course, everyone at the table told her to change her batteries and did not listen to me about the past appointment outcome. I do believe it was last summer; perhaps the prior summer.

I had a difficult time going to sleep after that.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:14 pm

I hope your appointment helps you get sorted with your hearing aides. As for your mom you are probably right. Once you double check you will be able to stand your ground. How very frustrating though, I wish it wouldn't keep you from sleeping. Glad you enjoyed the stories.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:27 pm

Some good things for me today. My aid guy replaced a part and it is now working. Such a difference. With it not working well for a bit, the sound becomes 2nd nature and you forget what things really sound like!!! yea for me.

Then I went to the SS Office. By waiting until I was 70 to hit up my own SS, I will be paid almost $1,000 more! The only place you are assured of an 8% interest on your account. Sure paid off for me.

The aid guy did provide me with a part for mom's aids. She said she had already replaced those ends. I still should have double checked....like I did not do at the museum. Will check it out this weekend.

Took DGDog for a hike. Warming up 15F.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:17 pm

Took DGDog for a hike. Warming up 15F.

Eek! Far from toasty, but a big improvement over below 0 values. So pleased about the improvement to your hearing, it is so critical to being able to participate in social gatherings. People don't realize how isolating it is when they are missing out on so much.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:17 pm

Happy to hear you got your hearing sorted out, hopefully you can do a bit for your mom as well.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:02 am

Time to try to make my mom's dr. appointments.  I started in December but found they had not opened their 2018 books yet.  Then the holidays took over my life.

Still have laundry to do.  Sad  

Need to KonMari my clothing and get a box ready for donation again.  I have so many pieces of clothing that I rarely pick to wear and it is time to simply void myself of even looking through/at them.  

Brought up some branches that the Edison company cut down due to a power outage.  They left them hanging out into the street and in traffic.  I do not understand that level of incompetence.  I had not lost power but the other side of the street did.  Had no idea.  

And, in this weather, it is critical to have power.  We remain in an arctic plunge and I see that many parts of the nation are having freeze warnings, like where my DGSons live in MI.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:10 am

Yesterday was a lost day (for me). I made many 2018 appointments and one for mom to have her ears irrigated. This time the woman who worked so hard managed to get them really clean. Chunks of wax were removed. I figured I'd hear from mom last night about how much better she can hear but did not. Oh well. These appointments ruin my day. I was gone mid-day for 3 hrs.

I am coming down with a cold. My throat is sore, my eyes feel burdened. Darn it. Am on a discongestent as of this morning.

May be taking the DGDog for a walk (short) today as I failed her yesterday. We are under Heavy Wind Chill warnings until noon. I will do my normal items prior to the actual hike. 30 minute limit at that time.

Much to do inside the house. Good time to do it.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:04 am

Sorry to hear you are feeling sick. Hope the decongestant works. Try to take it easy on yourself and drink lots of fluids.

Great job on getting appointments for 2018 lined up. You take such great care of your mom. I hope she can hear better after the wax removal and part change.

Have a good walk with DGdog.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:20 am

Healing vibes coming your way Pam. Take some time to rest in there to let your body heal too.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:38 pm

I'll just echo the drink lots of fluids and rest, Pam. I hope your bug is a short-lived one.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum