Rig D -- 2019 Health Campaign.

Go down

Rig D -- 2019 Health Campaign.

Post by Rig D on Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:07 pm

Hello to 2019 and a new effort to improve health and reduce excess bulk. I'm one of a number of us trying to do so and hope that we can all provide moral support to each other to make it happen.

I'm closing down my 2018 thread, at 2018 health & weight

2018 was a modest win, with the w in win definitely lower case. I had minor improvements in both weight and tape measure of key dimensions and hope I can significantly improve on that in 2019.

Below is the opening stat sheet for 2019
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rig D -- 2019 Health Campaign.

Post by ONTARIO on Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:55 pm

Rig D wrote:Time to close down this 2018 thread and move on to 2019. The new thread is 2019 health

Final 2018 Stat sheet:

I consider the results to be a most modest win, I improved some but not nearly as much as I wished.

Considering you had a bum knee and then had the surgery and recovery time I would call 2018 a win.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:19 am

I agree with Ontario.

Also I consider any loss a win no matter how small. You ended the year smaller and lighter. Congrats. I wasn’t so lucky.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:54 am

NM, you had so many things going on, having a success on the scale wasn't really much of an option for you. I hope your new year fares better.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:07 am

Narrowminded wrote:I agree with Ontario.

Also I consider any loss a win no matter how small.  You ended the year smaller and lighter.  Congrats.  I wasn’t so lucky.

NM, I'm sorry you didn't end on a loss. But, honestly, this was an incredibly stressful year for you. And I know you know all about how the body works so I won't go into the whole stress/cortisol/adrenal/weight gain schpeel but it's real and I am sure it was working against you. This year will be better for you - I pray that it will!

Rig, I am with NM in that ANY loss is a win. None of us, here, as regulars on Primal Forums, is young. We're all in the 40s or older and that also means that age is not in our favour. The slowing down of metabolism, the lesser muscle mass, etc etc means that I consider any loss and any improvement in health a win.

Whenever I get to thinking I am not doing enough for my health I go to Walmart. Seriously, I do! Walk through Walmart and just LOOK at the people there. People literally who hang off of their carts while walking, people who look 20 years older than they really are. People who are truly obese. It's so very sad. Take a walk around Walmart and it will not only make you realize you're doing okay but spur you on to do even better.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:22 pm

I agree --- you had quit a year in 2018! Extend yourself grace and gear up for a GREAT 2019! I agree on the Walmart walking idea. It is so very sad.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:28 pm

Yes, my year was beyond stressful and due to my folks, not much relief at the moment. However, I gained back a very large portion of what I had lost yet year prior. Now, I’ve got to turn that back around.

Walmart, yup a crazy place for sure.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:26 pm

New Year, new you, Rig!  I know you will make progress this year.  

LOL Ontario! Walmart - yep, that is a scary sight to see.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:26 am

Winter has come.
Ralph, the under-being in charge of weather has decided we need a good dollop of the white stuff, 4 - 6 inches or so today. I've got "to do's" this AM so have already shoveled about 3" off the drive. S'posed to go till around 4 pm.
I'm afraid this is the first of a long series of snow dumps this year, may winter end early.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:35 am

I'm with you on the "may winter end early". Luckily we don't have anymore snow coming this weekend - just really cold. It's supposed to get down to -18 (about zero degrees Fahrenheit).

It sounds like a good day to cozy up and watch a movie.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:15 am

Rig we are getting some of the white stuff to and I agree completely may winter end early.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:33 am

I wonder which group I'll be in...I got a Walmart order pickup next week.  Very Happy
I like snow, so pretty and clean, but, I think, I would not want to live in it just visit it.  Hope you don't have too much shoveling as the winter storms progress.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:28 am

Gosh and here I am hoping for some snow and the exercise it provides. Don't even have to drive anywhere. Ha
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:11 am

We were s'posed to get 6 or 7 inches. Judging by my patio table in the back yard, we have just over a foot. I hate this stuff.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:02 am

I am sorry you got so much! But I have been up since 5 am watching it snow here. We are only supposed to get a few inches but it makes the world so bright and pretty. However, I am ok with an early spring!
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:23 pm

Rig so sorry you got dumped on. I’m right there with ya.

Have you ever thought about moving south again to avoid said snow?
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:55 pm

You could consider to moving to Oregon as well. Since you do have family here Smile I'm in the central Willamette Valley and we haven't seen a snow flake for a very long time. I think we got a little in 2013 - maybe a couple inches. The last good snow we got was in 2008 and that was around 8 inches. P-town gets more bad weather than we do. Its very mild here. Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:33 pm

Yes, we've thought about relocating, but two major reasons why not, 1 We can't afford to move, and the cost of living around here is really quite low compared to most other areas I've been to. 2. The only two grandsons are here as well as one son, and they will be here for at least another 3-6 years due to son's divorce arrangement on childcare with his ex.

If we were to hit the lottery, a move would more than likely occur.  Moving south would be the move of choice.I'd consider three areas to move to: 1 Back to my early childhood home area of the Florida Panhandle where I have a lot of extended family. 2. The area of the Appalachians running from Northern Alabama/Georgia up through western North Carolina & eastern Tenn. 3 The area between Atlanta and Charlotte along and to the west of I 85 including Greenville/Spartanburg. Some overlap here with #2. First choice probably the mountain area, just 'cause of the trees and low mountains, beautiful country.

While I've got daughters in Oregon, I don't know how stable that will be, they have no real "anchor" in the area and both have made dramatic moves at unpredictable times in the past. Also, as I said somewhere, Oregon, while a very pretty state, has something about it that just feels off to me. Not sure exactly what that is but I'm not "warm n fuzzy" while there. I haven't been to Tomi's area, only the western area, up & down I5 and over to the coast, where the beaches are scenic but not to my liking for a good summer day at the beach, if for no other reason than the sand is brown/grey in color, not the pure white sugar sand of the Fl Panhandle, along the Redneck Riviera, AKA the "Emerald Coast"
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marcadav on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:53 pm

Rig, you were about 25-30 miles from Tomi and I when you went to Silver Falls. We are just off I-5.

marcadav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Yes --- you were very close! My dislike of Oregon only comes from the exceedingly LEFT political control. When I was growing up - Oregon was a very conservative state. Now we are controlled by the Portland and Eugene liberals. Conservatives are very much the minority now.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:51 pm

Rig I’d vote for the FL panhandle as well. Love it there when at my friends. Hot, yeah but not excruciating and it does get cool in the winters there, so some type of seasonal change. While not large, still noticeable. Course you know that far better than I. Smile

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Today at 12:42 pm

Aah, winter. 3 days after the big snowstorm and a little (not much) snow melt, a view from my sliding door in the back

One from the driveway:
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger Today at 1:37 pm

I can't believe you haven't put footprints out there on the patio - I guess I'm just showing myself up as a snow virgin Very Happy
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Today at 1:49 pm

I do my best not get in the snow. Shoveling is as close as it gets. My bod doesn't like cold weather, and an opportunity to get cold and wet isn't appealing at all.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Today at 1:58 pm

We have about the same amount of snow... more to come. I'm ready for sunshine!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down