Perennially Yours

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Go down

Perennially Yours

Post by perennialpam on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:43 am

I have been speaking of my winter camp in Manistee and it is now about to occur. Leaving fairly soon. The vehicle is packed.

I packed in the dark last evening due to a very busy Thursday. Dog walk, Transfer Station and Recycling, lunch, Dollar Tree stop, Goodwill drop off. Then I called mom to see if she needed anything. Of course she did. Dog and I left at 12:30 and I got her back around 4:30. It was then time to go to our Elf's house and pick up my 12 Days of Christmas gifts.

That meant packing in the dark. I had not packed my tent back up after the Oct/Nov. camp due to moisture. So the stakes and poles were separate on top of the stack. when I went to put the tent in the vehicle I dropped the bag containing them due to the slipperiness of the tent pieces. After all packing was done, I thought, I discovered the bag where it dropped. I do not know why I even noticed but thankfully I did.

One time I got 1 hour away from my destination and realized I left the tent at home. It was once again placed in another room (not its permanent place) after a trip (probably another rainy one) and I never returned it to its proper home. That is about to change. No more lagging that! haha

Looking forward to walks on the beach, no matter the weather. I'll be walking 2-3 hours per day. On Saturday evening I will be watching the Victorian Parade and afterward going to the Ramsdell Theater where James Earl Jones got his start. He grew up in Brethern Michigan I believe.

Off I go. And the temps will reach the mid 40s with lows above freezing. One issue is that it is scheduled to rain in the middle of the night Sunday. That means I may pack up and come home then. Or stay a few more days and hope for drying out the tent. Snow is in the forecast ffor Wednesday so that would be fun too.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Perennially Yours

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:41 am

Have fun and stay warm!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:06 pm

Pam I hope you have a wonderful time. I so love to camp, hearing about your adventures brings me joy. Have fun and stay warm.

Grok on my friend
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:53 am

Have a great camp, Pam.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:02 am

Enjoy your caming, just keep an eye on the weather, it's s'psed to be pretty warm for a few days, then turn bitter cold around Thursday. Probably earlier for you. FWIW, Camping is foreign to me, my idea of "rouging it" is a night at Tom Bodet's place, where they have left the light on for me.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeangenie on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:58 pm

I haven't camped for years! Have a great time!
jeangenie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass Full of Air on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:35 pm

Packing dry is always worth doing, however you manage it. Enjoy!

Glass Full of Air

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:54 pm

Admire how you stay active rain or shine. That cold weather doesn't phase you. Pretty awesome camping inspiration you are.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeangenie on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:59 am

I last camped in 2001 at Glastonbury festival but that wasn't real camping as the kids put the tent up for me and I 'ate out' from the street food available - great fun!
jeangenie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:13 am

Back from my escape. Had a good time. Walked the beach daily and got my exercise. With rain forecasted for the middle of the night Sunday and all day today, I decided to wrap up the camp.

The beach walks, of course, included beach glass and Petoskey Stones. I have decided the beach glass is an addiction that I do not intend to quit. I thought about a drive up to Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes for a trek up but with leaving decided against.

The Victorian Parade was ok. Too crowded. I had no idea that there would be more people than for a 4th of July parade....but there it is. The play was disappointing. Less than an hour in length for an $18 cost. Oh well. Thought it would get me into the mood and that was accomplished regardless.

Laundry is on the docket today. 2nd load in. Must go check on the dryer. Bad Pam....forgot to turn it on. Drat.

Was not faithful to my primal ways while gone. Back on today.

The Big Reveal for the 12 Days of Christmas is this Friday with a slumber party too! Wonder where her DH is going to be.

Poor guy.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeangenie on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:57 am

Pleased you had a good break - a little time off can work wonders!
jeangenie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:08 pm

Welcome back - so glad you enjoyed your time away, and heck yeah - embrace that addiction!

Maybe you will make something stunning with it.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:57 am

MDA officially gone. Sad

I started copying my journal but once I realized the intensity it would take, I have given up. 191 pages is loads of info. I only got to 23. I realized I never really went back that often to double check info anyway. Life goes on.

DGDog walk yesterday. Still warm here at 50F and cloudy/sunny. I saw that my son got a new stove/oven. I only noticed because I demand Ms. Brittany (DGDog) go potty prior to our hikes. She does now but I still have to remind her and stand watching or she'll turn back to get in the vehicle. Interesting.

When I took her back I looked at the stove. He has rearranged his kitchen which gives him more room in the livingroom.

Came back home and raked, raked, raked. Only got the driveway and part of the frontage (a small percentage) raked and piled for a burn. It is an impossible job and I can only imagine if I'll get it done prior to snowfall. I am hoping but not that ambitious.

Working The Moth (theme: Dirt) this evening for the local story slam. It ought to be interesting. I MAY offer to work on the 19th too but am unsure of how busy I'll be at that time. Awful close to the holidays.

It is currently raining which messes up the pile of leaves smoldering if at all. I still need to see if I can ride my mower over the huge rocks the road guy laid in front of my house between me and the lake lot and my major yard. I have to drive around a couple of gardens to get to the lawn. Sad Hoping it is possible.

The independent living place where mom is called to ask if my reservation was on the 30th of December. This is the 2nd call and no it is the 31st! If it gets screwed up we will survive but the visit will be shorter....at least for me. Her place is way to small for the number of family we have. Hoping it works out though as the room is quite large and we only can have it from noon until 6 which is plenty long to be together....IMHO. then I (we, my sons) can escape.

I do not look forward to that event as I am in charge of feeding everyone. Doing so from 25 miles away is not an easy task and last year there was grumbling about waiting on my sons (they had to work) before the actual meal was out. Not to worry it was appetizer day starting with shrimp cocktail, etc. type stuff. I cooked and carved a turkey for sandwiches. This is not a cheap affair either and no one offers to help pay for the meal (not even mom). She just expects it because her royal family is driving in from WI.

Yep....not nice of me to say but is how I feel.

The off track eating has caused some issues. Mostly getting back on track. Awake that "sugar demon" and you are messing with fire. The body and mind does react. Sad

The Big Reveal of the 12 Days of Christmas event (scheduled to open all 12 presents in front of each other this Friday) is bothering me. I do not do good with pretending I like a present as my face gets the better of me. I guess I'll have to practice pretending. There is another thing I could do since the packaging would be easy to remove and see what is in each one.....hmmm. A thought I may go with. But will I be able to fend surprise at the event?

This will seem like an endless baby shower watching 5 other women and 1 live on the computer opening all their gifts. Will we go one person at a time or one gift at a time. I gather that will be revealed Friday. Hopefully we get to play some games.

Enough blabbing for now.

Welcome to our new forum.....can we name it?

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:49 am

Pam I had the thought about my MDA journal, not so much for my words, but those of support from others. Then I thought that I hold the words in my heart and I know with a deep down certainty that my forum friends will reach out again, if I need their support. With that thought I was able to let my 5 year journal go.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:54 am

Your MDA journal is huge indeed. The good news is MDA is planning on keeping it as an archived thing so you can go visit whenever, or until they decide to pull the archival plug on it in another 6 mos to a year whenever they decide that the amount of activity it is getting isn't sufficient to justify keeping it. You can bet on that happening. So if you elect to copy it to your PC, you should have plenty of time. Maybe have a weekly stint of copying say 5-10 pages until it is done
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:10 am

I felt better once I realized they were keeping the journals for now.

Now that I have read your post, Rig D, I may follow through with my copying.

I like what you said Pedi but my journal is older and been through a lot with me. haha

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:55 am

Pam - this morning I went back and copied post from the start of my W30 last Thanksgiving. That is what I would miss the most. Took 31 pages in Word with the most space on the page. Like Rig said, take you time and do some each day.

As to the 12 days of gifts, that is interesting, never heard anyone do that before. I hope you end up with thing you like and will enjoy.

Grok on my friend!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:11 pm

I have a couple of posts (semi-essays) that I may go looking for, but overall, am thinking there is nothing in my old journal I can't live without. I write my R2R2R reports as word docs so I have those, and most of the other hike writeups are nothing particularly special. Anyway, I believe I am just going to let mine go. I'd agree with others, if you want it, do a little each week to save it.

My husband was on a forum for years that shut down. Before they did, the admins offered to export journals as PDF's to the user. I certainly haven't seen that from MDA (haven't looked either), but it might be worth making the request.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:06 pm

...the admins offered to export journals as PDF's to the user. I certainly haven't seen that from MDA (haven't looked either), but it might be worth making the request.

Don't hold your breath waiting if you make that request. Sisson's tech team is so overworked, overstressed, blah blah blah that you will most likely join the extensive list of ignored requests in the black hole of MDA forum.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:55 pm

I remain undecided about what I will do about the journal that began in 2011. Sad But, like I thought I said above, I have not really gone back to review.

The pages I did recently retrieve are the ones where I lost the weight and was so happy with the results. Perhaps the years after those entries are the most critical since I gained it all back.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:33 pm

PP, Sharperhawk had a great suggestion about increasing the # posts that show on a page, might make your copy/paste substantially faster. He has instructions also:
http://primalforums.forumotion.com/t46-how-to-move-stuff-from-mda
his post was today, 12/5 at 2:07 (eastern)
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:37 am

Thank you very much Rig. I'll get over there right now. I do value my journal for sure.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:41 pm

I tried this and swooped up entire pages with everybody's replies and photos. Then dropped them into Word.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:48 am

Busy day coming up.  DGDog walk.  Make blue cheese salad dressing.  Shrimp cocktail sauce for tomorrow.  Bake the base of the Lemon Lush my friends so adore.  Then driving into town to prune my breast cancer friend's rose bushes.  Afterward, dinner with mom for my bday.  

I need to return a call from one of the friends from the 12 Days of Christmas.  The one who invites us up to the Lake Huron house every fall.  Her b/friend actually owns the place and has been ill for some time.  I do not know the actual diagnosis of his previous problems but it does involve his lungs and in the last year he has been on oxygen at home.  

He returned to the VA early this week with bleeding and now a whole host of issues are rearing their head.  He has shingles on his bottom and is in isolation.  I don't know why the isolation other than his immune system is probably shot.  I fear.  

She left a message last night after I went to bed fairly early.  

Stressful for her and with all that I need to do I hope I can handle whatever is coming my way for her/from her.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:56 am

Happy Birthday Miss PPam!

May many healthy years follow!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content