How do you substitue stevia for honey and its hydroscopic properties?

Go down

How do you substitue stevia for honey and its hydroscopic properties? Empty How do you substitue stevia for honey and its hydroscopic properties?

Post by ToddAndMargo on Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:28 am

Hi All,

Sweetness wise, I have no issue with substituting stevia for honey.  But I have no clue what to add to stevia to make up for the missing hydroscopic properties (and others) of honey in baking.  Anyone have a rule of thumb?

Many thanks,
-T
ToddAndMargo
ToddAndMargo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How do you substitue stevia for honey and its hydroscopic properties? Empty Re: How do you substitue stevia for honey and its hydroscopic properties?

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:22 am

What about liquid stevia? I have no idea of its viscosity as I have never used it but I know they sell a liquid variety.

Last edited by ONTARIO on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How do you substitue stevia for honey and its hydroscopic properties? Empty Re: How do you substitue stevia for honey and its hydroscopic properties?

Post by ToddAndMargo on Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:04 pm

ONTARIO wrote:What about liquid stevia? I have no idea of its viscosity as I have never used it but I know they sell a liquid variety.

I have used the liquid before, but I prefer the straight 100% powder as it has no weird chemicals. Honey holds water, so as to add moistness to baking.  Add more water?  Add more butter?  Add more eggs?
ToddAndMargo
ToddAndMargo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum