Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return To Primal - Support Group

+9
Narrowminded
tomi1000
Meant2Move
ekba
ONTARIO
Pedidoc
Nightly Orange
FrogPad
Lovebird
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Return To Primal - Support Group - Page 2 Empty Re: Return To Primal - Support Group

Post by Narrowminded Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:19 pm

Today was better than yesterday. No grains. I did have some chocolate. Meals were pretty stellar. Nice improvement.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Return To Primal - Support Group - Page 2 Empty Re: Return To Primal - Support Group

Post by Narrowminded Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:34 am

This thread too seems to have been abandon.

How is everyone doing?

To be honest I have struggled up until this week, which is starting a bit better. It still needs work, but at least now I’m conscious of what I’m doing or not.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:46 pm

Train wreck!  Letting work stress get to me, and bread at home just keeps happening. 

I am just going to try and limit the damage until our annual conference is over next week. Anything else is just too hard right now.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightly Orange Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:11 pm

On low protein keto, I've learned that I can still build muscle/get physically stronger when eating only 0.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. That's about 8oz of cooked meat a day, a far cry from my previous diet of 2-3 lbs per day, but it's definitely easier on the wallet.
Nightly Orange
Nightly Orange

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:30 am

Following along............ I'm not quite 100%. Nature Valley Granola Bars.... Oats and Honey. Right now there is not much in the house to nibble on.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:37 am

I'm doing okay. However, I am also eating a few more carbs - on purpose. Mostly rice and potatoes. I was feeling pretty lowly after my recent gyno problems and feel like my body is trying to repair and replace a lot of blood loss. In short, I'm listening to my body and right now eating a few more carbs makes me feel better.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:25 pm

M2M - it’s stress that killing me too. GRRR

NO - glad to hear he lower protein is working for you.

Tomi - oats are not the worst thing

Ontario - I am glad you are taking care of you.

I messed up good today had a cinnamon roll at my volunteer thing. Even tasted too sweet, but it had been bought for me, so instead of wrapping it up to take home and then tossing, I ate it. Well my colon responded by letting me know it was NOT the right thing. Live and learn and repeat.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:45 pm

Had to laugh at "live and learn and repeat" - seems like even when the lesson is harsh, sometimes I don't learn and do repeat.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:54 am

Well my lessons continued through the night as I got so very sick.

Yesterday, while trying to have “something”, I did east some GF toast, applesauce and bone broth.

This morning I’m feeling much better and started with eggs and sausage and a slice of GF toast. Only ate 1/2, but was worried about too much fiber from veg. We will see how I do.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:37 am

Just a thought, as this is supposed to be the support thread, rather than the confession booth... : would you please start to recognize and give yourself credit for each and every one of the things you DID accomplish, so you’ll feel empowered to keep doing good things for yourself, be it going to bed on time and sleep enough, actually walking/moving yet another day for at least 30 minutes total, eating a good meal preferably at your table with no electronic distractions, writing in your gratitude journal, meditate... all of it counts.

Rather than focusing on the negative, I'd like for you to give yourself credit every time you do something good for yourself. So what if you ate something off plan? You deserve a pat on the back for getting back on track and staying the course.

Return To Primal - Support Group - Page 2 Giphy
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:47 am

LB - thank you for the reminder.

In honor of your request

Yesterday I got in my N2R, and all three meals were totally primal
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:27 pm

Way to go, NM!!
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:32 pm

Thanks Annie.

Today’s food basically as good as yesterday. I do have in my 10,000 steps already.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:26 am

Breakfast of bacon and eggs, with 1/2 banana and mint matcha tea.

My N2R run is in as well.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:05 pm

I made a lovely broccoli soup for lunch. Ate it, cleaned out the InstantPot from the soup and tossed in a beef roast for dinner.

I'm also drinking more water today as I realize that is something I often fail at.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by RedComet Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:53 pm

I'm back to eating well after a long period of putzing off. Today I had a good bit of homemade chicken soup. Roasted chicken, carrots, onions, garlic, celery and hearty stock. Some dark chocolate for dessert. It was really good. I've been pounding collagen like crazy and supplementing beef liver as well. Also eating in a condensed window, ~6 hours. Putting off that first meal of the day till late afternoon/early evening. Trying to get back to a reasonable state of health. I'm 30 and I feel like I'm 100. It's got to stop.

Something I've been doing lately for the sake of convenience is smoothies. I take a token piece of fruit, then a handful of broccoli sprouts, spinach, avocado and whatever else I have around and liquify it in my Vitamix. I skipped it today but will probably have one tomorrow. I find I feel a lot better drinking them on the regular.

RedComet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:11 am

This thread needs some attention... Spring is right around the corner  Smile (date wise; for some, especially those up North, it'll take some time longer to see the sun emerge than the 20th...  Sad ) but don't let that detract you from living your healthiest life possible.

It's not about fitting in your bikini/speedo this Summer... Very Happy however nice that might be, it's about so much more... your brain health and being able to move freely, feeling strong and connected to your loved ones. Focus on the basics: protein/veggies/healthy fats, add some extra's: fruit/nuts/seeds and/or starchy veggies/rice. Go for a walk, remember to fast on occasion (healthy gut/brain) and get in some exercise/movement. Have fun! Embrace life!

Yeah, everybody needs a peptalk on occasion... Wink
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:56 am

Thank you LB, that was an uplifting video, especially as I look out at the dreary day. Smile

RTP eating hasn't been much of a struggle for me. Moving is. I do find myself walking through the house faster and not avoiding bending lifting movements etc... All of that is helpful, but not the goal. I need to be more active and begin stretching out the kinks.

Once upon a time, I had a brief stretching routine I did every morning as soon as I got out of bed. I am committing to doing that every morning for the next week, beginning now. That felt good and creaky. Shocked I need to add something to it for my knees and whatever muscle that is around my shoulder blade.

Thanks for the pep talk!
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:26 am

Spring is in the air! Very Happy

Thanks Shelley, you're welcome. Good for you on the stretching. You may want to check out this 4 minute workout for that: https://primalforums.forumotion.com/t148p25-what-was-your-workout-today#15715 Build it up slowly and you'll be amazed how quick it works!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:03 am

It's not about fitting in your bikini/speedo this Summer...
That is a scary thought, me in a speedo. One thing for sure, I'd have the beach all to myself. Very Happy
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:43 am

LOL. Well, that would be one way to get some alone time. Smile

Thank you for the 4-minute workout video. I will check it out.
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:51 am

I had a question about IF. I only eat when I am hungry, i.e., stomach growls or feels hollow. I am typically eating two meals, sometimes just one, a day. It depends on what I eat and what time I eat it. I would say there is a 15-20 hour stretch between the last meal of the day and the first one the next day. It varies and is not consistent. Is this considered IF? My brain tells me it is not because I eat when I am hungry. Do you need to work through periods of hunger for it to be considered fasting?
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am

any time you go more than 12 hours with no calories its a fast. So I would say yes, you are IFing as long as there is absolutely no calories being consumed.

I IF during the week and then eat according to hunger or that empty feeling on the weekends. I have read that its good to mix things up but I haven't seen any science to back that up.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next