Perennially Yours - part 2

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Perennially Yours - part 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Perennially Yours - part 2

Post by perennialpam on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:09 am

I believe I have a keeper for a therapist.  Have to skip next week but am going for weekly as she suggested.

I managed to let DS1 take care of his own situation.  Apparently the vehicle is now running.  Thank goodness.  Of course I am curious to see what it looks like.  It was hard letting it go but I managed without knowing if he was able to work yesterday.  Small victory for both of us.

Today is The Moth with the theme:  Gumption.  I work and have been somewhat considering a talk but there really would not be anything that would catch the audience.  Unsure.  There should be stakes and I have plenty of instances I could speak on.  Depends on the crowd and if we get 10 signed up.  

Taking the GDog with me to the dentist and then we'll have a romp.  Like Annie.  Well, not really but I like the term she uses.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:04 am

The oddities keep showing up.  This time it is connected with mom's phone.  

On Wednesday I got another call from Guardian Alarms, the independent living's Life Alert.  It happened during mom's shower so I called her phone since that is how I find out what is going on.  Mom had called me prior to the shower.  

Last week there was another Guardian Alarm call and I spoke with mom afterward and she was having trouble with the electronic contraption that Guardian Alarm uses and was unable to tell them she was okay.  Thought nothing more about it.  Then Wednesday happened.  

I called her number and there was no ring and got a message that her mailbox was full.  I then spent loads of time on the phone with Xfinity/Comcast and (hours) trying to get to a real person.  Eventually I did and was able to schedule a service call.  That is today between 8 and 10 a.m.  

I had to call the front desk of the independent living place to get a handwritten note up to mom.  One time to tell her what was going to happen and then, yesterday, a reminder about today again handwritten.  Hope this clears up whatever it is that is going on.  

It is awful to deal with utility companies these days.  Not fair to have it so difficult to get a person and then to have to try to speak with a foreign accented person.  Hard for hard of hearing folks like me.  

Yesterday was a good day.  The high school friends had been invited to one of our classmate's house for a luncheon.  Her home is very, very, nice....so out of my comfort zone re: hosting a luncheon myself.  

Then last night I got a ticket from another group of women (not familiar with all of them) to dine and then go to the Purple Rose Theatre for a Sherlock Holmes play.  What a fun group these women are.  Their commonality is golf.  I used to work with one of the women in that group and my BFF from AZ was part of this group in addition to the Lake Huron friend who offered the extra ticket.  All intertwined in so many ways.  Cool beans.  

Today I will do my best to get my pontoon covered for the winter.  The DGDog will get another long walk.  Other than that I hope to get a phone call from mom that her telephone is working again.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:31 am

Hoping you get a phone call from mom and your chores done.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:56 am

Please don't feel uncomfortable hosting a luncheon simply because someone else's house is so nice. I can assure you that SHE does not think twice about things like that. I'm going to be honest here and I hope it does not sound braggish but......I live in a very nice house. I would absolutely hate it if someone were to feel uncomfortable inviting me to their home. I grew up very poor so I've lived a whole spectrum of levels of houses. In the end they're literally just bricks and mortar and it says nothing of anyone's character. What's more important are the inhabitants. So, host the luncheon and feel proud to do so.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:31 pm

^ ditto that! Smile A house is just a box full of things that the owner probably doesn't need anyway. I'd much rather sit in a space that is modest and homey and without a hint of pretense!
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:22 pm

Thanks for your input peeps.

The phone was troubleshooted and the problem is the "Guardian Component" which is what I figured. The great Comcast employee contact the Guardian company. After that I received a call back and a fix was scheduled for tomorrow between noon and 3.

I did get the DGDog walked.

When I went outside the pontoon was covered in a thick frost and the sun was not shining there. Now the sun is shining there and I am attempting to go outside and take care of this job. Not sure if my idea will work. Hope I do not get too frustrated. haha

Thanks OT. It is difficult because a good portion of that hs group are very well off. I'll consider again when my mom duties get better or when they are gone. I need to apply some energy to my home again which I am failing to have ambition for. Part of the reason for the therapist.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:34 pm

Pam I’m so glad the therapist seems to be a good fit. I love mine.

I hope you got that pontoon covered without too much trouble. And that the idea did work.

So sorry about all the Mom issues. I know how rough that is.

Hugs
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:34 pm

Isn't it nice when an employee goes above and beyond like the one from Comcast.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:54 am

Pedi: yes it was. So glad he took the time to troubleshoot. Now for the Guardian Alarm appointment today. Sure hope I do not need to stay for the full 3 hrs but being there may help when it comes to clarification since mom has no idea what is going on.

Never got outside for the pontoon work. I have been tired during the day again and took a nap. Think it has something to do with the lower dose thyroid meds I began after my August physical. I'm cold all the time too.

~~Loaner car. I am still putting the keys in my pocket for using the push button start on this vehicle. Then I have to dig them out. I've had the car since Monday. And, I SOOOO miss the heated seats. Of course this had to happen in the cold weather. I am grateful for the loaner....do not misunderstand.

~~For entertainment I have moved from one Osprey camera to another. The one in Maine still works but has little going on. The one in Montana is great for someone like me. Of course, the Ospreys are long gone but a variety of birds still show up there. The variety is great but the most important ones are the Great Horned Owls. There is a pair and there are juveniles that show up and serenade. Plus in the early morning hours there are the coyotes (can't see them) howling. I have liked listening to the out-of-doors since I discovered the original Osprey cam a few years back.

~~Breakfast with the hikers this morning.

Enjoy the weekend all.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:50 am

Glad some things worked out well. Always good when you get a good employee like that Smile

Liking that you feel comfortable with the therapist. I'm convinced we all need someone like that in our lives; that objective perspective and with training on how we might move in the direction we want.

Hope you have a lovely weekend getting done any chores that are necessary and getting out with the DDog. Enjoy the breakfast Smile
AutumnTiger
AutumnTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:20 pm

Well, the phone saga continues. The Guardian Alarm woman worked with me. She kept saying the unit was fine and I kept saying the Comcast guy said it was interfering with mom's phone.

There is now a new unit that works and I need to talk with comcast again as the Guardian Alarm person said Comcast (or other companies) always try to blame it on their unit. Oh well. Round and round we go.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:50 pm

Telecom companies....they are never fun to deal with. They sure are frustrating.

I'm glad you have the opportunity to work things.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:46 am

So sorry about the phone saga, and yes they always want to blame the other guy. Hopefully it resolves quickly.

I too am used to a pushbutton start in my car. Hard when there is not now.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:47 am

Managed to cover the pontoon boat at the last minute yesterday. I just could not get myself to take care of it before the last minute. It is not the greatest job but glad I started as it was sprinkling with snow forecasted. I even put my lawnmower away. At first I simply moved it down to the front yard and then when I read/heard there might be a snow storm, decided I might as well put it away. This year is the first year I left it outside vs. putting in and out of the drive-in basement.

Other than a meet up with friends on Tuesday, my week is wide open. Hoping the snow holds off so we can get together. This is the group I go to Lake Huron with. The few of us who still live in the region get together once a month. We were to go to Lake MI for a beach tramp but they chickened out on the predicted cold. Then yesterday the forecast changed to 5-6 inches of snow in that area. No way to find beach glass with snow. haha

Misc agenda: Laundry, house cleaning, redo gutters (depends on the snow depth). Not having any ambition really puts me back.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:03 am

Happy Veteran's Day to USA veterans.

Going to ask my veteran to lunch/breakfast if he is free. Should have yesterday---oops
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:22 pm

Heavy, wet, snow. My boat coverage is lacking. Did climb under the tarp one more time and lifted up the tarp and tried moving the jugs full of water at better angles. It is not going to work. If I get a chance I will move the tarp more toward the front and use more supports. An umbrella would work. Sure wish I would have purchased that outdoor umbrella at the Restore last weekend. $20. I would serve my purpose very well. Live and Learn.

I have only shoveled the steps and broomed the boat top. I have 2 more jugs to attach. Problem occurred with this project due to my extra rope is in my vehicle being fixed at the shop.

My back is yelling at me. Something newer this year.

Just came in for lunch and a break. Afraid to drive the loaner to do laundry. Still considering though. Have not retrieved my cutting board and knife from the association building. I kept forgetting about it and now with all the snow I am afraid I would not be able to make the hill down there. Especially with this loaner. Thinking I need to take it out just to find out if I can drive this thing in the snow. It is low to the ground, so different than my SUV.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:59 pm

How big a boat is it? We always store son's boat inside (it's a Laser) as I know that inside storage is always preferred in winter climates. Something about minuscule amounts of water get trapped between the fiberglass and then freeze and expand.

Sore back? Have you tried a chiropractor?

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:45 pm

ON -- this is 11" so far of wet snow. And I have a huge driveway, deep and long. It is important to get it all cleared out and today I have been unable. Sad Change from last year although by the time we got a snow like this I was in shoveling shape.

Too bad I put off the laundry yesterday....in need of going.

Tomorrow's fun and games may be cancelled. One person wants to cancel, one wants to go and the other one just doesn't want to drive a loaner vehicle up my slick roads. I have not felt that comfortable driving it yet. And, never in snow. Holy smoke.

It is a pontoon boat, no bemidjgi top....I do not have saw horses. I do not have place in doors. It is what it is and has been. I just have not tried covering it in a long time.

I also roof raked my house. got some real exercise for a change.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Wow, that’s a lot of snow for a first real snowfall of the year.

Happy to hear you do have a little something over the boat, even if it’s not perfect.

I’d stay safe and snug inside if I were you.

You’ll get in shape.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:48 am

I need to get outside and shovel where the plow left snow last night.  That is always the worst.  

My neighbor, who normally takes care of the  hard stuff, is out of town with his 4wheeler for hunt camp.  Thankfully his wife called to inform me that I'm on my own.  I tried to shovel more yesterday but knew the worst was yet to come and it has arrived.  

The boat is  not as covered as I would like.  The tarp shifted and I had hoped to rearrange it yesterday but the snow was so  heavy and I could not bring myself to crawl under the tarp inside the boat again.  I had done that a couple of times.  I did not make the tarp smooth so the snow would simply fall off.  I thought I had but with the wet, heavy, snow I found out I failed.  Life with a boat!

Today we are trying to make a trip to our friend's house for games and girl time.  Hoping we make it.

Last edited by perennialpam on Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:57 am

Stay warm and drive safe.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:08 am

Unless all this snow melts, no ability to try to fix the boat tarp.

I roof raked again yesterday afternoon and saw some siding pulled away from the house (2nd story) with snow inside it. I do not know what to do. No way I want to get ON the roof nor my sons. Hmm. This is a time when being single with no one to discuss with becomes real.

I have recently been sleeping 6 hours if you don't take into consideration the falling asleep on the couch. That is 1 hour better than I had been. I go to bed so early though and what wakes me is the bathroom. The walk down the stairs just wakes me up. Yep, still a 1 bathroom house. Is it worth it to put in a 1/2 bath upstairs? Probably not the solution to the length of sleep.

Yesterday's meet up did not happen. I got my ingredients prepared and now I have to use them. IP pot boiled eggs and BC dressing. Oh well.

Will do some more shoveling this morning to enlarge the open area. I had hoped my DS would come and save me but he apparently did not see the FB post in that regard. Yep, I should have really contacted him.

It is 6F here this morning. Guess I'll await the sun.

Badly need to do laundry and may take care of that prior to today's proposed meet up at a bar/restaurant. No games. Sad

A dog lost its life in the lake yesterday. Ran out onto the snow and down it went. Owner had no way to reach. So sad.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:33 am

Brr, it is COLD! How much snow did you end up with? We had about 3 inches, not bad. Temp around 10F this AM.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:00 am

Hard to say how much but nearby 8". It always seems like more though.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:05 am

Hope you stay warm and safe today.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content