Perennially Yours - part 2

Page 39 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

Perennially Yours - part 2 - Page 39 Empty Re: Perennially Yours - part 2

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:18 pm

IMHO, I think Rig is onto something. Migraines can cause one to "pass out" and the relaxation of the sphincters can cause the "wetting." Worth checking out anyway.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:31 am

Rig, I need to go back to my appointment books and HOPE that I entered the last time I had one. A long time back. Very infrequent. If I had not had all those tests I would be more worried but perhaps it is time for another round.

I am with you on the nausea and feeling off. No distorted vision, etc. And I do feel tired the next day but not always like I did this time. I do not always wet myself either. I normally will lay down and try to think of other things to get my mind off what I am feeling and worrying about (meaning what happened).

My close friends are used to me laying down and getting my mind off of the worry about it happening.

~~The memorial for our hiking friend was nice. I had intended to speak for a minute or two about things about her but with being out of it Saturday did not put together anything to speak of. It would simply have been a ramble.

~~Today I had trouble getting into this forum. Had to use a completely different .com called primal place. This after LB warned last week about Edge (browser) users having issues and I could not remember what she said I should use. Oh well. Got here. It is the darn Windows 10 that keeps loading and I keep losing all my Favorites. I had gone to Best Buy and tried my best to explain to the clerk but he got flippant with me and did nothing. Hmmph.

~~Today the temps will get up to the 60s again. I will mow again as with all the rain we had on Saturday the leaves have let loose.

I did get the eavestroughs all cleaned out Friday. It turns out that I had not taken care of that in the spring like I spoke of doing. I can tell due to the debris under the dryer leaves. Also got a lawn mow in that day too and felt so accomplished....then my Episode.

~~Also need to go to the laundromat, big time. May take care of that this morning since the dew limits mowing early anyway. Also a DGDog walk is order again. I did a longer one on Friday morning and intend to keep doing the longer ones. We did The Pines; one of my favorite places that I have rather neglected the last couple of years. It is right down the street from me but so much further when I take into account driving to and from my DS's place.

Have a great start to your week all.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:45 pm

That episode sounds very scary! You should probably let your doctor know it happened again. Have you been able to find a "common denominator" between events/circumstances and the episodes? ie: what you ate, or drank, emotional stress, or like RigD said, maybe season?

I'm glad you're better and it seems to have all passed.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:57 pm

Tomi -- I mentioned the common events in an earlier entry: I seem to have these Episodes when dehydrated, tired, excited and drinking. No, I do not drink loads.

I just received a call from the therapist and an appointment is scheduled for next Monday. I sure hope it is a nice fit.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:01 pm

Oh sorry - I did read that!
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:21 pm

Good luck at the therapist.

I hope you got your chores done.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:14 am

Have a great week.
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:40 am

Got everything done but the DGDog walk. I will make up for that today if the weather holds. It is supposed to rain.

My BFF from MI is having bowel problems. She has Crohns. Her symptoms seem strange as she is constipated, has diarrhea sometimes and has pains in her intestines. She is extremely fatigued. Thank goodness an MRI had been prescribed and is on the books for this Friday. She also has fibromyagia. She has done very well with both of these diseases until now.

This Friday my Lake Huron friends are getting together at the house of one friend's father to hold an estate sale. All the work of organizing and gathering has been done. Have to admit I was worried that would be part of the bargain but the daughter (our friend) has done a marvelous job of it. I saw pics on FB. Three of us are helping. Her father will be there which will be nice in some ways....to meet him and worrisome in others....he'll think his treasures are worth way more and they will not sell.

Mowed part of my lawn yesterday and will try to accomplish the other part today. I need to prune, cut down, small trees that were growing under that huge Norway Spruce I had cut down a couple of weeks back. That tree sure shielded that part of the lawn from neighbor's eyes and seems like a big addition to my lawn mowing now. Oh well.

I looked back 6 years of my records (I should do more) to see how often these Episodes happen. In 2017 I successfully voided one using my tried thing of thinking of something that absorbs my thoughts. The first time I did that it was thinking about my lake front and what I wanted to happen there. Many years back before the lake front I have now was built. It works if you can manage to get to a place somewhat alone. I know now I should have alerted someone about my issue but was not thinking correctly due to being with people I hardly knew. Excuses, excuses.

I FINALLY know when mom's OT sessions are: Tuesday/Thursday around 11 a.m. I did not know that when I made her dental appointment last week and her pastor was at her house the other day. I can work around that when making her other appointments now. Always working in the dark it seems with her life and things she does for fun. There are always activities at the living situation but getting appointments on the books seems more important than trying to figure out what events she is going to miss or be involved in.

An appointment is scheduled with the therapist for next week. Somewhat looking forward to it and feeling positive that this will be a good match.

Have a good day.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:43 am

In 2017 I successfully voided one using my tried thing of thinking of something that absorbs my thoughts.
PP: I think you are on the right track here, get as relaxed and soothed as possible. Do you happen to know how your blood pressure was when you had the episode? There may be a correlation/causation thing between the BP and the episodes.

What I do when I feel the onset of my migraines is a little woo-woo, but I try to focus my mind on making my hands and feet as hot as possible. The idea being to get your bod to divert some blood flow from head to extremities, lessening pressure in the head.  Seems to work for me, I finally knocked my pain levels way down doing this. It is something you could try with no downside. Getting to a quiet, dark environment helps with the mental focus.

On the PC front: have you tried using some other browser other than a Microsoft product? I use Firefox a lot and never had any issues with it. I'm just very down on Mr. Softy's bloatware products. By trying a different browser, you could narrow down your issue, clearly defining it as a "PC"/Win10 problem if the problem still occurs with the Firefox browser.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:28 am

Rig, so would I uninstall the Windows10? I paid BestBuy good money to work on my computer but they now have a week lag time. Perhaps I should just go for it and have them d/load firefox and delete Win10.

Thanks for trying to help me but my understanding is very low on how to do this.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:04 am

NO!. W10 is your operating system, it will still be there. Don't do anything to mess with it being there.
Installing Firefox is a DIY thing. You will need go to Firefox.com and download it. It is just another program, in this case a web browser.  

Here is how:(using internet explorer as the browser you start from, my guess is Edge would work the same)
1. Go to Firefox.com. It should show a Download Now button, click it.
If instead of "download now" it asks you which version to download you will want either Windows 64 bit or Windows 32 bit. If your system is newer it is most likely 64, but if you don't know for sure you can verify it by doing this tedious process: Click the Windows 4 pane icon at bottom left on the normal screen display. A pop up will open, find the scroll bar on the right side (it will get bigger when you hover over it so you can see it better.) Click & pull the scroll bar all the way down the scrolling region to Windows System, click the pull down arrow to the right of Windows System and then click Control Panel. Control Panel will open. Click System & Security, then click System. On this display, in the System section it will show System type. that's the info you need.

2. When you click the "download" button, Internet Explorer will display a new Firefox screen and show a window at the bottom asking "do you want to run or save" and display "save" with a pulldown, click the pull down and select "Save and run".

3. Just answer any questions as they come up. Accept all defaults. If asked if you want an icon on the desktop, say yes.

4.Once the install is completed, just double click the desktop icon and start trying it out. Operation of all the browsers is pretty much the same from a "how to use it" basis, so you won't have a huge learning curve.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:13 am

My eyes are glassing over. Thank you so much Rig. I will print this out and do later today.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:22 am

Smile It's easier than it reads. You will do fine.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:09 pm

Hey Pam,

Hope the weather and timing worked out for a dog walk.

I sympathise with your BFF as those symptoms sound very familiar - I can't imagine how she is coping with Crohn's and fibro as well.

Good luck if you tackle the PC problems. You do amazingly well with technology. My mum is far worse and she's had quite a lot of training, and has me for her daughter and I've been into computers since my early teens (albeit I rely on DH these days out of laziness Smile)
AutumnTiger
AutumnTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:47 pm

Pam I’m glad you have a bit of a schedule with DM now. That will relieve a bit of the stress as well.

Once you do as Rig has written, it’s all very easy. You got this!
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:08 pm

Well, the new format/coloring has arrived. Difficult to look at all the red. Sorry for our admins to deal with this if they can.

Rainy day. Busy with needed errands. Ran into someone I'd rather not when looking like normal. haha

DGDog got to go for a long ride but no walk because of the rain. I had hoped that it would slow down.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:27 am

Forecast? More rain. Hoping for some slow down in that regard to get my DGDog out and walking. She looked confused as to why we did not walk yesterday. Long ride in the car.

So glad I got those gutters cleaned out. With the rain they must be shining brightly. haha

Still need to cover up the pontoon boat with some cover to keep off the leaves and then snow, etc. Have to admit that none of my attempts in the past worked wonders. What is missing is a good, solid, top with footing that stays in place regardless of the wind, rain and then snow/ice. I need what my son uses.

I probably mentioned that I was gifted the use of the quilt we made our hiker friend who passed. By gifted, I get to keep it for a while. Since I did not go on the last hike I do not know the decisions about this that were made. I have no good place to display the quilt and have put on top of my bedspread. It really is lovely and I am very happy to have such a good look at it and the work that went into it. I have decided to take it back to the Hikers on Saturday morning to share with someone else. It really needs a wall to show it off.

Other outdoor work includes needing to do some major pruning down on the lake lot to be prepared for the seawall work next year. I had kept putting it off and would have gotten to it had I gotten word they were coming. Also need to shovel up the ashes from fires over the summer. I'll spread that over the clopped up leaves I have already gathered in an attempt to mulch it all together.

Hoping for a good day. Went to bed at 9:30 and woke up at 3:30....6 hours of sleep. That is a big deal for me. Tried going back to sleep after the bathroom and not in the cards for me.

As far as the forum goes, I would not mind helping with the probable cost but wonder how we'd go about sending money, etc. I feel bad that Ontario has carried the burden of the annual fee. We should reimburse her somehow.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:47 pm

So neat to have that quilt for a bit.

Yes, much rain here too and to continue.

I hope you can get those projects completed before the snow fliers.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:21 am

How lovely to have the quilt in your home, and a nice plan that it spends time with everyone in the group - maybe it will continue to do the rounds rather than finding a permanent home.

Hope the last few days have gone well, and the weather has been good for anything needing doing outdoors. I hope DDog has had a good walk by now too Smile
AutumnTiger
AutumnTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:05 am

Hope you had a good weekend.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:24 am

The weekend had its ups and downs and did not start off great on Friday morning.  

DS1 had an issue the night before and had called me but left no message.  One of those times when you know something is wrong but not what it is.  He is always on FB and when he did not answer my texts and did not show up on FB the mind went bad places.  The worst is that I had a premonition on Thursday night when I noticed it was snowing and know that  he travels a long way to bowl.  He is safe, the car is not.  I have tried to learn that I cannot solve all issues and am making him figure it out for himself this time.  We'll see if I can follow through.  The vehicle is currently undrivable.  

That was at 5 am in the morning and you can imagine the fears one can create.  You see, I do not take my phone to bed with me and I can't hear anyway as you do not sleep with your healing aids in.

You know that 6 month fund you are to keep in case of emergencies? He has never managed to save any $. I told him Friday night that I am sad he has such a difficult life. I'm trying to let him figure out his next steps himself. I may not make it as I surely want him to have transportation.

The other fear was mom called again saying her pills were messed up.   You see she really misses that Big Red Antibiotic pill that she took for her UTI.  So, I laid down the law yesterday and have set up her pills for 2 weeks (just in case something occurs that I cannot get there for whatever reason).  We got the bill for  her showers and I think they did not mess it up.  It is difficult keeping track and it took me a bit to make sure it was correct.  Had trouble with that company when mom had her BP checked and they over charged her.  

Working the estate sale Friday was fun and exhausting.  I think I came home with too much stuff.  Her father is an outdoorsman as much as I am an outdoorswoman so I could not I resist.  

Went to my hs mini-reunion last night.  Almost did not go but am so glad I did.  Talking with people who's face I recall from hs but never really knew.  Also made contact with others who showed up who have not come to many reunions.  That made me particularly happy as I reconnected with someone I did do things with in hs.  

Home early....thank goodness because I had already forgotten it was fall back time even though I changed all of mom's clocks.  

Have a good rest of your weekend all.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:54 pm

Glad DS1 is safe, mom's pills are straightened out and the billing is correct, and you found some good stuff at the estate sale. Your mini hs reunion sounds like fun. I went to my 10 year reunion and have not been to one since. I keep touch with a couple of girls on FB. Good think you remembered mom's clocks - I can just imagine the calls you would have gotten if you had forgotten. Very Happy
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:54 pm

So much going on! I've never gone to a reunion, although I have meant to. Couple of years ago was my 40th! Eek!
The Walrus
The Walrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:48 pm

So sorry about DS, but you are doing the right thing. He will never learn if you don’t.

Glad you could catch up with some old school mates. Neat.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:06 pm

Glad you found some outdoor gear bargains. So hard to resist!
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum