Perennially Yours - part 2

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

Perennially Yours - part 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Perennially Yours - part 2

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:48 pm

I hope you can get it worked out without anyone having hard feelings. These matters can be very damaging to families, and it is so sad considering the parents would hate to see the bickering. My husbands family just went through this. In the end I think everyone was happy with the outcome.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:48 pm

I just sent the email. I figure they'll have access to mom when they come here if they do not agree with it.

It is out of my hands. She has other stocks that she had purchased for everyone in my sister's family and me. My children were left out of that.

I feel better just informing them of what the father and I had spoken about a few years back. Everyone who will inherit got the email.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:29 pm

We had an issue when my grandfather passed as well. My folks really didn’t care, but my Dad’s sisters and BIL’s weren’t happy with the outcome. I’m so glad there is just my brother and I for my folks to deal with. And I only have 2 as well so makes things easy.

Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:35 pm

I am not saying there is/will be a problem.....I am a worrywart.  

~~Got a list of things accomplished today.  Recycling, dump, Dollar Store, bank, dropped off items (Goodwill) I have not used in forever:  exercise ball, bowling ball, pilates bands.  Misc. kitchen mugs, etc.  

Physically I cut back more of the Bradford Pear Tree enough to feel fairly certain that the Red Pines are going to be okay.  Huge pile of branches to deal with and more to come with what is left.  Perhaps this weekend I'll have some time to begin to burn it.  I only worked an hour and my back was through.

Changed the grapevine wreath to the roadside post and moved the driftwood lights to the back tree where the wreath had always hung. I'll enjoy it since I can tell what it is....my driftwood. haha

A really nice thing happened when two neighbor teenagers brought over some Christmas cookies.  Unexpected and felt good.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:31 am

I am very happy with the change in my outdoor lights. hehe

Today...first on the agenda is a mammogram. I should have completed the tasks I did yesterday today as I'm traveling to the same town. Did not think that through. Oh well.

Poor DGDog, haven't taken her for a walk all week. Today will be the day and probably on my way home.

Weather contingent on whether I will burn the loads of branches I have from the fallen tree. I would like to get that accomplished. Another idea and physical labor would be to rake up my driveway. I have not done any raking/hauling leaves yet this year. I could have done yesterday but still wanted to relieve my Red Pine Trees of that branch. Priorities...

Mom complained that I had moved away from her town when I stated I drive back and forth so much. I am trying to recall how that convo came about.

Finally received a reply from my BIL regarding the email I sent about the financial additions. It was positive. Thank goodness.

Still trying to think of a good present for my local BFF who always hosts Christmas Eve. Years now. I tried Pier One but nothing really stood out. I have 10 days to figure it out.

Slept 6 hours last night but going to bed at 10 and waking up at 4 sure is a pain in the neck. Wish I could switch this around.

Am considering a return to the Primal eating plan after the holidays. I know what to do, it is just doing it.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:23 pm

"Am considering a return to the Primal eating plan after the holidays. I know what to do, it is just doing it." 

Yep, I am with you on this one.  I've been eating very conventionally and not well (lots of bread and far too many sweets) since the end of September. My body is starting to tell me all the reasons this is not working!
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:50 pm

The Moth Grand Slam sounds like it will be a wonderful event to listen to with all the most interesting storytellers with new tales.
Timing is everything, glad you were safe from falling tree limb while driving. Keep doing what you're doing and keep the health bugaboos at bay.
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:11 am

I very much like your idea of returning to Primal eating. Hope you won't fall for keto which is everywhere nowadays it seems and simply cut the crap and eat more nutrient rich foods (which should include sufficient protein). You can do this as you're an inspiration to all with the way you approach life and enjoy it.
Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:03 am

Heur -- yes the Slams and the Grand Slams are excellent entertainment.

LB -- after listening to Interconnected and visiting various other sites you link for us, no Keto for me. I am on meds for my ongoing thyroid issue and it is suggested Keto is not a good thing for me.

~~My next door neighbor son has been a very successful hunter this year. I heard about a local agency that collects the hides to make gloves for wheelchair bound Veterans and will be taking them next week. I gather gloves wear out fairly quickly for those self propelling.

~~Still have not found "the gift" for my BFF although I have a fall back one. Perhaps next week when I drop off the hides I will have a better opportunity in a different town for some luck in that regard.

~~Sunny day predicted and am hoping to rake up the driveway. I have not taken advantage of any opportunity that arose so far.

~~Need to compose and mail a long list of thank you notes from this season so far. Goodness. Glad I wrote down that list.

~~going to my oldest DS's house tonight to watch 60 minutes with him. They are doing a piece on Midway Island where he was stationed. Perhaps will bring up an interesting convo since we do not seem to talk about his time in the service. He does have PTSD from that period in his life and I try to let him bring up items.

~~He already bought the turkey for Christmas. Wonder why he did not wait for the sales. Glad he'll host again. So far he has held 2 Thanksgivings and this year will make 2 Christmases. A load off my back for sure.

~~Will be composing a note to the neighborhood woman whose husband was murdered last year. This is her first Christmas without him. Meant to write before Thanksgiving but failed to follow through. That will be a priority in the line of handwritten notes to be created.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:08 am

Oh, and looked up my credit card summary to see "interest charged" and "late fee applied". Was shocked. When I spoke with the woman she asked if there was anything else she could do and I (laughed) said take off these fees. And she said to me, that's all I needed to say and removed them. They do not offer but based on the fact that my total payment was 2 days off she did as I requested. So, don't be shy about asking for what you want. They do not offer....you need to ask. Go figure. I am a pay in full each month person. I'll just need to set the date for payment a tad earlier.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:08 am

PP, I'll be joining you in the "return to Primal" campaign in the new year. And I agree with LB that going keto isn't in the cards here, if for no other reason than trying avoid carbs to that degree is much too big a PITA.
Rig D
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:04 am

I will be joining the "return to Primal" plan probably after Christmas Day.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:48 pm

I am waiting until after the first to start Primal. My sister's family is coming from WI New Years Eve weekend. Glad to have others joining in.

~~Haha....no raking. I thought with the temps higher and sun today but totally forget that the driveway is shaded most of the day. I did rake up a little but it was frozen together. Exercise though. Perhaps tomorrow I will have more luck and get out there earlier in the day.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:26 pm

I am also going to be strict paleo/primal after the new year. I have been doing pretty well this month but I have given myself permission to eat what I want from Christmas Eve though New Years.
Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:41 am

I'm also joining you on your getting back to basics plan come January. Good luck! I'm sure we can all support one another.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:20 am

Wow, quite a list of Primal to come:
Ontario
vh67
RigD
Pedi
M2M

Have I missed anyone?

~~Today DGDog WILL get a walk and her pedicure.

~~Watched 60 min with my DS last night. The plastic segment is very disturbing. Why try to recycle when there is no place to send it or way to use it? I recall the first Earth Day. Good intentions. My goodness. And trying to cut down on plastic is impossible. Must think on this.

Will people end up like the Albatross? DS noted many instances of remembering Midway. He was there 9 months.

Laundry done yesterday. Only 8 days left til….

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:07 am

Pam, the plastic thing is very disturbing. I try to reduce how much I use but it is hard. If I have to buy it, I try to buy the biggest bottle they have and get ones that have some recycled content but is not always possible. It is something I need to work on more.

Have fun walking DGdog! Do you do her pedicure yourself? When I do Daisy's, I get the look for a day or two afterwards.
Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:10 pm

vh67 -- no for me. I take her to the doggy salon. Her dad refuses to do it and that scares me when he talks of bleeding.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:09 am

I’m also on the return to strict primal after the new year, so add me to that list. Got off track the past couple of months with the crazies here and I feel it. Started today with my hash. Let’s see if I can keep it going through the day.

I also have considerably reduced my plastics usage. I store all leftovers in glass now and avoid the plastics as I can. The wax wraps help with leftovers that don’t require containers or make lids for something that needs it.

Pam hope you’ve gotten done everything you have planned.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:23 am

Updating the Primal List:
NM
Ontario
vh67
RigD
Pedi
M2M

I started wrapping this morning...well, only one present. I should try to finish prior to leaving today.

Mom again gave me issues last weekend when I coaxed her to tell me what she has in mind for gifts. She did not want me to sign the checks for the family that she always gives. Got mad because I did. Seems like she should have told me while I was writing them. "They'll think it is from you" was her reason. Then I tried to find out (once again) if she is intending to buy that Sees candy she loves for anyone for Christmas. Yep. Last year I had a hard time finding a location in the mall where they have been for years. Called them this morning to find out before I go there and they are not there this year. Sent me on a search and found that they are sold in a better place anyway. Good news as it is on my way to town today. Mom has lost all sense of "timing" as have I. I didn't realize how close the holidays are until this weekend. Yikes.

~~Hoping the doggy place calls back today with an appointment time for the pedicure. No call yesterday. Sad Just called....line busy. Many people like me causing stress for them I suppose.

~~Need to cancel the hearing aid appointment I made today as they seem to be working correctly now.

~~Tonight is The Moth; theme "Joy". Should be filled with good stories.

Need to get moving. Cheers.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:09 pm

I'd say add me to the list - but I'm not sure what my food recommendations are going to be after my gut testing. If they suggest I eat legumes and grains in order to increase the diversity of my gut bugs then I am going to do that. That will obviously make me not primal anymore. I will never go back to a SAD diet - but I may end up somewhere in between.

Enjoy your day! Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:11 am

Primal Folks 2019:
NM
Ontario
vh67
RigD
Pedi
M2M

Possibly: Tomi

~~Managed a hike with the DGDog and we fit her pedicure in too.  

~~Had a shopping plan and managed it all prior to The Moth which was a really good one.  I needed new pads (since the operation I still have minor bleeding).  There are so many different types of these and I have not managed to find the ones I initially purchased.  P.S.  I opened the box and do not like the ones I just bought....no protective cover).  

In that shopping center I took care of many nit-picky things.  You know, those things you think you need but fail to actually search for.  Found some Stainless Steel Straws with their own bottle-type brush.  Excited to begin that.  At TJMaxx I could not find anything for my BFF.  That store has really changed in that there were always household decorative type items to check out.  

Went to the drive-thru ATM to take money out of mom's account there to cover the boxes of Sees Candy she had said she wanted last Saturday.  Found out when I called the Mall that Sees was no longer coming there.  That meant more research to find them and save myself even more trouble.  So glad I initially called the Mall as I found a store in the same area that did actually sell.  She wanted four boxes and that came to over $100 bucks and is the reason why I took $ out of her account.  She will want cash on hand over the holidays so I saved myself another trip this weekend.  

~~Today another walk with the DGDog.  Read the MDA Blog this morning.  Turns out I need to switch up my pace during my walks for benefit.  Not like I did not suspect this.  Will try to incorporate into my routine.  Goodness knows the dog sure does!  

~~Feel a tad more organized regarding the holidays.  Tomorrow I will be joining my high school friends for lunch which will be in another area of town that I rarely frequent.  I will have the opportunity to check other stores for that perfect gift.  I do have a backup but would feel better with something I really would like for myself, if you get my drift.  I will also be near a Michael's craft store and hope to purchase some heart shaped lockets that can hold some beach glass for the teenage girls on my list.  Wish me luck as I did not realize I would be seeing my step granddaughters while my other NC granddaughter will be here for Christmas. I usually just send them a present.

Have a good day all.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:38 pm

Sounds like you fairly prepared for the holiday Pam. Good for you.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:27 am

NM, I wish that were true.  

Mom called yesterday in a panic.  Did not know where I put the checks I wrote out last Saturday as she wants to look them over.  ?  Regardless, I put them where she told me to. That is where she puts her cash, just not on top.  Then she called a second time worrying about toys (or any gifts for her great grandsons).  I had been pestering her for weeks.  She expected me to drive right into AA and shop.  I told her no.  I said we have plenty of time after Christmas to purchase something for them.  there is always Saturday.  It'll be an awfully crowded shopping -- just what I hate.  Oh well.  

~~Today will be some shopping and if I see anything for the g.grandbabies I will purchase.  She wanted stuffed animals AGAIN.  She wants them to have something to play with while here....stuffed animals won't fill that void.  They are boys---mom had girls.  I have already purchased their gifts (clothes and a toy) from me a long ago.  

~~Have to laugh.  I have downloaded Jach Bush's 4 minute exercise program as linked from LB's journal.  I had difficulty keeping up with him and only did the initial 3 sets.  Then I was off to walk with the DDog and change up my pace here and there.  Truly felt I would do the other 2 sets as proposed by Jach but totally forgot when I got home.  

Instead I took an Epsom Salt bath, laid down early (about 6p.m.) and fell asleep until much later in the night.  Trudged upstairs to my bedroom and managed to sleep a little more; was surprised by that.  Thankfully I took that bath because between the exercise program and the faster walk, along with the suggested butt clinching from another reading --- I am sore today.  Good thing, huh?

~~My list of thank you notes enlarged and I had only written one....that I did not send.  I did not send because it was not good enough.  I am an expert at writing them and this one just was not up to par...it was hurried because I was in a hurry while doing my laundry; not authentic enough.  

~~Lunch with my high school friends of which my local BFF is a part.  

~~Wrapping a few presents before leaving and another set of Zach Bush's exercise plan.  

Cheers.

Last edited by perennialpam on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:14 am

Busy, busy, busy. Hope you get your list done today.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next