Perennially Yours - part 2

Page 21 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 43  Next

Go down

Perennially Yours - part 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Perennially Yours - part 2

Post by Rig D on Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:15 am

Driving through Chicago is a misnomer. A better description comes from a co-worker from years back: "metallic ballet." All too often a real mess disguising itself as a parking lot. Consider looping around the city on the toll roads, will cost about $10-15 -- take along plenty of singles and a roll of quarters, will be a much longer mileage, but quite likely shorter time to get there, and definitely more enjoyable if you hit the city at the wrong time, even if you don't have the electronic pass on your car and have to stop at every stupid toll booth en route.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:00 pm

So glad you are able to go and visit your niece.

Good luck navigating the cities.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:15 pm

The Charge 2 is on sale at Amazon right now. 
All your work outside sounds really rewarding.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:57 am

M2M - thanks for the info. I'll check it out

Yesterday was a small gathering of the high school crew. Much easier to hear everyone and what they have to say.

~~Got information on my volunteer gig to check on an Osprey nest. It happens to be nearby which works best. I only need to visit the nest 3 times during specified periods. I will get my fanny out there probably today. I am excited. What I cannot tell from the instructions is if it is an active nest. Turns out there may be more than one person doing the monitoring.

If you did not know I have been watching a cam of an Osprey couple for about 5 years now. Of course, the cam is ideal as you really get to see how it all works. This is the cam: https://explore.org/livecams/birds/osprey-nest

I like simply having it on and hearing the waves and the squeaks of the Osprey and various other birds. I really am excited about this new volunteer activity. I would also like to participate in the Sturgeon protection program but it would require specific times and a week long camp. That is something to do when my mother responsibilities change.

~~Today will take the DGDog for a walk. What with rain and raking I only did M, T. She will be happy to see me.

~~Remember when businesses closed down for Good Friday for a period of time? Things sure have changed. The same with alcohol on Sundays.

~~Starting to get ready for my niece visit in that I am going to put my old duffle in a washing machine to perk it up a bit. I noticed last use that it is stained and I have no idea from what. So, Dawn dish soap applied to help clean it up. We'll see.

Have a nice weekend, all.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:00 am

Pam what an exciting and interesting job with the Osprey.

Yes, I remember closed stores and no alcohol. Things have changed.

Have a blessed Easter.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:04 pm

Thought I had the day off from a mom visit and then I received a call when I was on my way home. Mom's scooter was down to one red charge. Well, turned around and found that her scooter was, in fact, NOT down to one. And the new common refrain, you never told me that was uttered.

Her scooter was totally charged. Sigh.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:48 pm

Mom won and we went to a restaurant. Got there at 11:30 to beat the crowds and we did.

Then we took her scooter around the building for a ride so I could see how she does. She cuts corners too sharply. Unless we continue this weekly I doubt she will do this on her own again. Fine by me.

Beautiful day here and I am trying to motivate my fanny off the chair and outside. I know I cannot burn leaves but I have such a huge pile from the other day. My flower beds could sure use a rake. I'll probably do them and save the burning for tomorrow.

~~I messed up my colonoscopy prep already! They had changed my appointment from early April when I read the entire sheet. Yesterday I realized I should read the info again. I did, AFTER I had 2 cherry tomatoes, some strawberries (small amount) and popcorn. I called the "answering machine" today and left a message. We will see what they decide tomorrow. Don't have to start the actual "stuff" until 5 p.m.

The items I ate had small seeds and are on the don't eat list. Sad Bad Pam May have to postpone once again. My friend even remembered and texted me today about picking me up. I was not going to ask again!
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:01 pm

Doc called. I can go ahead with the procedure tomorrow. I need to drink extra water and I will.

DGDog taken for a walk.

Laundry done. Need to put stuff away.

Car washed (it looks so nice). Now for vacuuming it out.

Hope to start burning the leaves but my neighbor is out by the road working on his boat motor. Am rather time limited as at 5 I am to start the "good stuff".

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:15 pm

Productive day!
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:37 pm

So glad you didn’t mess up your prep. However, I don’t envy you with it.

Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:21 am

This is the cam: https://explore.org/livecams/birds/osprey-nest

I like simply having it on and hearing the waves and the squeaks of the Osprey and various other birds.

Thanks for reposting the cam link. I can relate.

Good luck with both the prep and the procedure. Nice incentive to restart clean eating and feed your gut bugs only the good stuff. Wink
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:37 pm

So true LB.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:44 am

The Osprey gig sounds cool. When do you visit your niece? Is the this the one moving away? Have a great day!
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:25 am

I am now speaking with the program coordinator who called and told me where this nest is. Turns out the nest was dismantled last year. Why? She did not say. But they are rebuilding it and I should now be able to see it. She also wants to drive me around and show me all the other nests in my area. I may take her up on it or not.

I am going a day in the future. Yes, she is the one moving to CA. Shelley, I do not announce anywhere online the day I leave.

Torn about what to do today. Leaves remain to be burned and the there is only 3mph wind at this moment. I should get out there right now. Problem is, it will take a long time since it is a huge pile.

Want to go visit The Pines without my DGDog. I hear ticks are really bad this year and we would be walking close to tall grass and through it too. My friend told me how to check for ticks. I have never done this on a dog before and, truth be told, rarely even check my body.

Just vacuumed and sorted the last remaining beach glass I collected last trip. I had sorted all before the last day. but ended up going to the beach once more that trip.

I just realized I am missing some towels and I have a bad feeling I've been missing them for a while. Who knows what else may have been in that load! Need to go check out the back room as they do save items. Problem is I do not know how long ago I made this blunder. Must slow down and quit pushing leaving so fast.

Have a great day all.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:33 pm

So sorry you are missing items at the laundry mat.

Yes heard about the ticks here too. Definitely need to take care.

Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:47 pm

There are oral meds that you can give dogs for fleas and tick. The vet has to prescribe them. You should check yourself for them after each walk too. I used a repellent with picradian (I think that is the spelling) and check myself carefully after walking in grass/brush. I have found ticks crawling on me before. We take Daisy on paved trails this time of year.

I hope the procedure went well!
Vh67
Vh67

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:47 pm

I’m staying away from the tall grass myself. My Oreo can’t take the oral stuff, doesn’t agree with him. Just got his new collar today.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:33 am

DON'T BOTHER READING THIS LENGTHY ADDITION.  More just for me to see what is going on.

Lots to attend to.  Had raked all the street front gardens, road side, and piled it up ready to burn on Wed.  Was planning on a burn yesterday but the neighbor was working on his boat right across the street.  Held off and now I have no idea when I can get to the pile.  

Today is a chiro appointment and helping the Conservation District with tree dispersal.  

Was hoping to go shop for bathing suit and new jeans.  Been a long time since I actually spent money on new clothing.  Hope I can fit that in after the volunteer activity is done.  

Finally found the Osprey nest.  It is at the top of a cell tower and, unless you know it is there, not visible to the naked eye.  It is on a busy street.  Looking up for long periods of time is difficult much less using binoculars.  I seem to have trouble focusing and then holding them still for any length of time.  Perhaps this new "volunteer" activity is not for me.  I will complete my duties and probably not do this one again.  Good to stretch your life though.  I have been pampered with the online nest I watch.  

Tomorrow is hiker breakfast, mom duty, and if I am unable to actually shop today I have the ability to try tomorrow when I am actually in town.  Wish me luck.  Tomorrow evening is a night on the town seeing my favorite band The Sun Messengers. I only get to see them in the summer at AA's summer festival. I have changed my camping activities to be there for sure. One of the reasons for purchasing some new clothing.

Sunday is the memorial service for a former colleague's husband.  Am picking up my buddy and his wife and off we go.  Dinner out afterward.   

As usual, putting too much on my calendar.  Has to be done though.  I'm tired just thinking about it.  

Have been getting lakefront estimates on a new seawall.  I will have 3 by the time I make my decision.  And, yes, this is an expensive proposition but will give me so much happiness to have something that is safe and complete.  Wish I had never changed the first wall which was simply stacked concrete pieces.  it worked  just fine.  My son and his buddy decided one day that there would be a new wall...without any plan.  they worked hard and it looked fine for a while.  However, they did not know the proper technique for sea walls vs. landscaping.  I learned that from one of the companies providing estimates.  

There is more but this is already too long.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:44 am

PPam wrote:DON'T BOTHER READING THIS LENGTHY ADDITION. More just for me to see what is going on.

There is more but this is already too long.

Sure. Laughing We like reading what you're up to... very entertaining and interesting.. and to leave us hanging like that ain't nice at all. Wink

Hope all went well with the cleanse & check up.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:31 am

PPam wrote:Yes, she is the one moving to CA. Shelley, I do not announce anywhere online the day I leave.
Sorry, I should have been more precise with my question. I got behind in reading posts, and I really wanted to know if you already took the trip and I missed reading about it, or if it was still upcoming. Enjoy your time with her when you go. Smile

I too like reading aobut all the things you are up to. Have a great weekend.
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:13 am

Hope you get to check everything off your list and that the swimsuit and jean shopping goes well.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:59 pm

Shelley, Pedi, LB -- thanks.  

I had a very successful day today in so many ways.  

My morning started off with the chiro and then I stopped by my Osprey Nest.  Still having trouble with binoculars but I thought I saw one.  It turns out I am not very patient sitting by the side of the road looking up.  Hurts my neck.  However, I saw one fly to and land in the nest.  then the one I "thought" was an Osprey also flew around.  Then there may have been a third one or the original one I saw fly in.  I am so excited about this.  I should take off right now to check it out again.  

I went to the Conservation District Tree pickups and worked the 3  hour shift.  That was enough!  My back was killing me from pulling the trees apart.  The roots get all tangled up.  In the past I have worked longer but glad I simply signed up for shorter duty this time.  

What was cool is that the intern I was working with is a docent for the Natural History Museum where my grandfather was a paleontologist and had put together dinosaurs and was a professor at the UM.  I will look for her when I make it up to the new museum which just opened.  There are a couple of smaller dinosaurs that bear his last name.  I could only find one of them my last visit.  It is called Buetteneria.  He put together a huge display that broke when they were moving from the old museum.  I had read that they would only be displaying the head....but the intern told me that things have changed and they will be redoing it exactly as it was!  So happy about that.  

Then I  headed to the mall.  Found jeans, a couple of tops, a swimsuit and coverup.  Hmmm, and I also purchased one of those contraptions to hug in those muffin tops.  We'll see if it really works.  Really it is a girdle! I don't know what it is called but I think they changed the name from girdle so the milennials would buy them...

I had requested the publication that comes out in Ann Arbor to change the door opening time.  It does not go over very well in the winter months when people come way to early and have to stand outside.  They really fixed it!

Very pleased with my day...as you can probably tell.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:04 pm

Good job getting to so many of the items on your list today. Awesome!

So happy to hear about the dino’s being put back together.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:53 am

Hiker breakfast. Mom duties. And, if I can fit it in, pedicure.

I'd like to wash the new clothing before wearing tonight. Going to see my all time favorite band with my hairdresser. It will be a long drive but will be nice to go out for a change.

Have a great day.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:49 am

Good luck on getting the pedi done! Smile Would be a nice way to pamper yourself before going out tonight.

Really it is a girdle! I don't know what it is called but I think they changed the name from girdle so the milennials would buy them...
LOL, probably very true!
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 43  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum