Post by perennialpam on Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:00 am

Nope 100% rain there.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Perennially Yours - part 2

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:30 am

Anything that is sealed could go to a food bank. That is how I purge my pantry.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:56 am

You mean my cookies?  Really?  I'd feel much better doing that and not having that temptation there.  I imagine I would need to put my name on the packets.  Hmm.  Wonder about my privacy doing that though.

I have started eating today.  Am eating up the shrimp and veggies and some olives.  

I do not know if the weather will cooperate but I may go for a very long walk.  Perhaps I'll pick up the DGDog as his owner is working today.  He received a temp promotion due to a retirement.  If he works out, he will get the nice raise that accompanies it.  Hopeful.

Am continuing my Primal Bluefront read. Had another Epsom Salt bath; yes, I am addicted.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:03 am

You could put the cookies on a plate and take to your local fire or police station as a thank you.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrogPad on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:01 pm

Hi PerrenialPam, I also need to sort through and get rid of foods we don’t want to have around. I sent some away with people, however there are still a few temptations around.

FrogPad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:53 pm

I just froze those cookies and doubt that they'll be any good anyway.

I have had a good food day. Mostly vegetables and nuts and a good portion of shrimp earlier. Awaiting the gizzards as they were not done when I initially pulled them out of the IP. Hopefully they will be tender the next try.

It has rained all day. The dirt roads are icy from the discussion on the community website. Glad I am simply staying home. Took an afternoon nap of perfect length. You know, the kind where you wake up refreshed vs. groogy.

Hi Pedi and FP.

Happy New Years Eve all. Will probably be fireworks at midnight over the lake.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:00 pm

Have a great NYE!

I love gizzards too! They are really good for you too.
We are doing a quiet night too.
Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Vh67 wrote:I love gizzards too!  They are really good for you too.

I ate a boatload of gizzards when I was pregnant with DS1.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:36 pm

Happy new year, Pam. May the rain stop so you can enjoy your fireworks.
Annieh
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:12 am

Hope you rung in the New Year pleasantly and w/o rain. We had a ton of rain here as well. Blah.

Sorry about the lack of CD players, but you may be able to get a portable one that will connect to your dash in your car.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:42 am

Good to hear from you Annie.  Happy New Year to you also  

As far as the rain went I do not walk down to the lake anyway to see the neighborhood fireworks.  Even though they woke me up!  

NM, same.  Do not know if I am in the market for more technology just yet.  My youngest DS suggested Pandora which was a surprise.  We'll see.  

More later.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:44 am

Food going well. Just keeping cbs under 100. Nothing drastic. Since I have thyroid issues doing keto has been suggested to be avoided, so I will.

May need to take mom shopping today/tomorrow since I plan a drive to Lake MI later in the week when the sun will be shining. I have recently entered a FB group for beach glass in Manistee. It all started on another site when I mentioned I'd like to make some friends in Manistee and voila! Excited as they give lake shore updates and will be able to tell me if there is snow on the ground. The idea was really, for me, to meet some folks in Manistee and it looks like that may happen this year.

My NY goal? Clean out the refrigerator. One of those jobs I seem to put off. Glad that is done now.

Need to grocery shop today to keep me legal and all. Apparently the dirt roads and even the blacktops are slippery this morning. Will wait a bit.

Although MyFitnessPal is not synched with Primal eating it shows what I need to know. Doesn't like the "fat" intake. Also looking up food is much better this go around. Used to be a pain to find what you were looking for so they have improved their listings.

Started the Zach Bush exercise program for real. But....I should do this 3 times per day not just one. But, hey, it is a start.

Will try to fit in a DGDog walk today.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:08 am

Slow but steady with the Zach Bush program.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:15 am

Today's plan just changed! haha

No DGDog walk this morning. Going into town and taking mom grocery shopping and out to lunch. Will be having Beef Bim Bop and using the "free" coupon they gave us last visit. Sweet. And BBB is pretty fair primal stuff. Beef, scrambled egg and loads of veggies and Kimchi. There will be rice eaten.

Stop off at the my hearing aid place to pick up more wax guard items for myself and mom.

Must fit in the Zach Bush program before leaving.

Bye.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:33 pm

Happy New Year, Pam!  
Hope lunch was yummy and that your planned drive to Lake MI works out.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:21 pm

Sounds like a good day planned for you. I hope you managed everything you wanted to do.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:45 am

Last night I tried to enter information but my heart was not in it.

Today I have a headache and am wondering if I have the CB Flu. I do not know if that is possible while still eating 100 cbs per day. I also had a bad unload in the middle of the night. Perhaps it was something I ate but cannot put my finger on what it might have been.

I always thought it takes more than one day for food to go through your system or I'd blame the BBBop from yesterday.

My niece had mentioned to me that mom said she wanted a new coat. Here we go again. Looking for coats and/or shoes with mom is awful. She has this vision and will not sway. I am considering picking up a coat and taking it to her. I have tried this before with no success as she does not like my style. I think she wants a coat just like the one she has but new.

When I brought up looking for a coat, at first she said okay but then backed out.

She is having trouble putting on her coat and mentioned being worried about falling. This was the first I've heard of it but she says this has been going on a long time. We have to fill out this form on her wellness visit and I always ask her the questions before completing the form. She said she is not "dizzy". Time to schedule with her dr.

Life.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:21 am

FWIW, I've had numerous occasions where last night's dinner is out of the digestive track the next morning.
Rig D
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:24 am

My mom gets dizzy spells more often than not. Elderly folks can tend towards dehydration which may contribute. Doc, of course, can better pinpoint.
Also, Pandora is pretty cool for a long playlist, esp. when on the road.
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:50 pm

I would totally suspect the BBBop!  Very easy to get something extra from a restaurant. 

I hope it is minor!
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:02 pm

Hope you are feeling better at this point. Never fun
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:18 pm

Tonight will be my 3rd night of tent camping. Drive up was sunny and has been ever since. The evening sky is full of stars as well as the morning when I remember to look. Last night it was 23F....darn forecasters were wrong. 38F would have been fine.

Beach glassing is good. Unfortunately my solar radio is not working which makes for a long night as reading in the tent is difficult even with my book light which was a 12 Days of Christmas present. Needs new battery and a small screwdriver to get to it which I do not have. Sad

Bed real early. Been managing to sleep longer which may mean I should just stay in bed at home and fall back asleep.

Had another day, yesterday, of the same bathroom issue except I was on the beach. Life as a senior.

The minute I got here I had a message from mom. She was going to be out of a certain med. 5 phone calls later I think she is taken care of. She sounds awful. Always come winter she gets this awful cough and perhaps it is always following the great grandchildren visit; yes, one was sick. I managed to get the pharmacy to deliver some cough syrup to her. I know she has some at her place but she said she could not find it.

I imagine there will need to be a dr. visit on Monday. Perhaps I should try to make it today.

Glad I came and mom doesn't know. it is just much easier than answering each time we talk when I am going. She seems to get nervous about it.

Two things that have saved me over these last few years: --- Lists ---

List of meds
List of drs.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:25 pm

Happy you are getting in a winter camp. Sorry it was interrupted with Mom issues.

23 is a bit chilly in a tent. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:12 am

Narrowminded wrote:Happy you are getting in a winter camp.  Sorry it was interrupted with Mom issues.

23 is a bit chilly in a tent. Smile

+1

Glad to hear you came prepared though. Live and learn. Wink
Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:19 am

NM and LB --  you can bet that the 23F morning got my attention.  The inside of the tent was all glistening with sparkles.  I believe that is due to carbon dioxide from breathing.  

The evening temps were:  37F (Thur); 23 F (Friday); and 33F Sat).  The beaches were good for beach glassing but I found that I had to limit myself to one area due to icy sloped paths to some of my favorite areas.  No need to fall and get hurt.  

Bummed my solar radio was not working but did find the warranty from its purchase and hopefully it will be replaced.  I only purchased it last year and had kept that piece of info in a ziplock bag in my backpack.  

Asked about the guy from McDs that works the counter; Russell.  I have seen him for years when I go in for my unsweetened iced tea.  He was strange but very competent at his job.  That is not a fair description.  He had his speech down and was always friendly.  I am going to miss him.  

They have redone all the McDs with those kiosks where you are to do the ordering vs a person at the counter.  And the seating has changed too.  Interesting.  I was surprised that it even happened in Manistee...a small town.  

The library is a life saver when you just can't walk another step on the beach.  I wear my Keen boots when walking they are heavier than, obviously, barefoot like summer or simply tennys and my body was telling me so while I was there and even today.  As usual I walked the beach 3 times a day (full days) and the first evening and last morning.  My butt is sore too as well as my lower back.  It is either I am not up to full speed from the operation yet or the boots.
to
I did make a drs. appointment for mom and need to call her today to let her know. I'll call her this morning to see how it sounds. I do have an appointment for this morning. I now need to cancel her hearing aid appointment for Wed and/or see if I can switch hers with my own scheduled for the end of the month. Hope I can switch.

Had scheduled mom's wellness appointment and her heart dr. appointment just before I left. Hard to keep track of when I need to make these appointments as they do not like to schedule them when you are leaving after an appointment. She has to see all her drs. every 6 months and it would be so much easier if I could make those appointments following an appointment. Oh well. I am sure people forget and that is the reason.

Unpacked the vehicle right when I got home. The tent is drying in the basement. I forgot about a winter camp meaning the tent will get damp. After mom's appointment today I will need to go he laundromat. I have quite and load and fully intended to take care of that last night but my back was talking to me.

Back to reality.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next