Perennially Yours - part 2

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

Perennially Yours - part 2 - Page 41 Empty Re: Perennially Yours - part 2

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:00 pm

Hope you got to the laundry mat and got your washing done.

We mostly got a dusting. Was 15 here this morning.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:18 am

Got the laundry done. Had a nice thing happen as the clerk offered the her soap for my use when I stated darn it.

Also got to a lunch with the friends who cancelled Tuesday's get together.

It has warmed up here. I have just finished my driveway. It seemed like the snow got lighter.....or my snow muscles are better now. Unfortunately I have noticed an ice dam by my front door. This is a place where it occurs often. I truly thought I got on the roof raking quick enough...apparently not.

I have decided to go pick up my DGDog and take her for a walk. Don't know how difficult it will be for her but we (her and I) are willing to try. It will help if she has been housebound

I may also stop by the Dollar Tree for my ziplock type bags. such a cheap way to stock up.

Made some bone broth earlier in the week and then added onions to the broth. Sure tasted good. Been a while since I've made the broth. Must get back on making soup again.

Time to pour some of the snow melt in my gutters and hope to open the draining. Hate this part of the winter jobs. I keep meaning to get those electric deals that go onto the roof that take care of the melting for you. Saw them again at my dentist's office yesterday and was mad at myself.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:36 pm

Glad your laundry is done.

I put that electric wire on part of my front that never gets sun. Now I don’t have a sidewalk skating rink to my door. Really does work. Make yourself a note for either a warm breather. Yet this fall or first thing in the spring.

Your broth sounds good.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:52 pm

Feeling off today. It could be due to no good sleep last night. Fell asleep on the couch for a couple of hours. That was it. I went up to bed and could not settle my mind. Got up and read for 2 hours. Tried to sleep on the couch. No good. Stayed up.

Michigan Football was good today. Sometimes it was boring but being that they won and had some big plays I am glad I managed to stay awake during the game.

Went to mom's yesterday due to the game being in AA and traffic. She was mad that I did not want to come to AA. She did not feel good today either. I can tell her breathing is more labored. This is due to that valve she did not want to have replaced.

NM, I like your idea of entering that electric wire entry in my appointment book for 2020.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:16 am

Hope you’re feeling better today.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:43 am

^ + 1
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:19 pm

NM and Pedi --  I had a scare yesterday after feeling off most of the day.  I had some pains near my left breast and went to lay down on the couch with phone in hand in case I needed to call 911.  I would have had I needed to.  Thank goodness whatever it was settled down fairly quickly but I was sure scared.  Thanks for your support.

It has warmed up, 39F, so I will be going outside to redo the boat tarp.  I'm proud that it held up.  When I put it up at the last minute and did not have all on hand I needed, I had thought I would redo.  Well, then the 2019 blizzard showed up and I figured that all the snow will be here forever and, truthfully, it may be.  

However, most of the snow has fallen off the tarp. I checked the milk bottles filled with water and they are loose enough that I will be able to move them and get on board. Then I will move the tarp over equally side to side and front to back.  

Am still glad I decided to move the lawnmower into the basement.  All winter in the driveway covered in snow would have been a pain.  No visitors.  haha

Got most of my Secret Santa gifts wrapped only to discover I need one more.  Darn.  Actually, I kept one for myself because I liked it so my own fault.  I will deliver them by the 22nd of November.  If I deliver earlier I will ask our "distribution Elf" if he would hold off informing people until all the gifts are there since many of us know who already delivered.

He gets presents too BTW.  I used to include 12 silly gifts for him to open. I noticed he displayed many of those gifts each year so I asked the rest of the gang to find 2 presents each to wrap and provide.  Then 2 of our 12 moved away, so I have picked up 4 more.  No problem.  The Dollar Tree helps in that regard.  haha

Trying to set up the 2020 Cabin Adventure early since I am going on that cruise.  One person is not helping in that regard.  She babysits her grandchildren and doesn't want to do a weekend.  Others can only do weekends because of responsibilities and/or work.  I went ahead and looked at the cabin vacancies and pretty much we could have our pick if we reserve now.  We'll see how that goes.  This group is also the Secret Santa group.  Jan./Feb./March dates.  Enough time ahead to make alternate plans.  Personally I feel the mother of the children should give grandma a break and take on the responsibility of a backup.  I am not saying this to her.  

Off to get clothed to work outside.  haha
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:09 am

Once again, not thrilled with my boat cover. Managing a 30' x 12' tarp is not easy. Need another person. One of the things being single and trying to take care of yourself makes difficult. Not to mention being a short person.

The good news is that the weather is breaking and gradually increasing to 50F by Thursday. Last chance to change would be Wednesday and doable.

Heard my DS while working on the boat. I heard a loud thump. When I went to investigate he has bagged a doe while on his hunting trip. Both my sons hunt for food although the older DS does not hunt like the younger.

Today is my 2nd therapy session which will be more of a session vs. introduction and general talk. For some reason I am not looking forward to it. Some good did come out of that 1st session 2 weeks back (she had something going on last Monday), in that when she mentioned goals...I was feeling odd. And during the time since that meeting I realized I did need to start making some personal goals vs. just staying afloat with my responsibilities. We'll see.

Today may be a clean out the gutter day especially in the backyard where the sun does shine. I never got back for a 2nd leaf removal of dry leaves. Hope I can get to it one of these 3 upcoming days.

Have a great day tribe.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:00 pm

For what its worth......... I am in awe of all you do! You are such a strong woman and I love how you just do what needs to be done. I grew up without a man in the house and my mom was the same, but not as strong and bold as you. Smile

The therapy stuff is never easy and it takes great courage to delve into feelings that make us uncomfortable. I know - I'm still dancing around my own baggage. I hope you find it to be a time of comfort and healing.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Thank you Tomi.

Family issue started my day. Something I am trying hard to let it be and let the person take responsibility.

Unfortunately for me I was just getting started for my therapy session and, even though I did not want to explain this morning, I did. Then there was a building evacuation. I was let go to go home since by the time we'd go back inside her next patient would show up. We are going to talk in the morning to reschedule.

I hope there are some openings this week. However, I will survive; I always do.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:59 pm

Pam - I hear you on being single and trying to do some of the things around the house. I’ve been doing that for years while DH was ill. DS does help, but I do try to do everything I can on my own.

I hope you get that boat cover figured out this week.

Love venison, so glad your DS could get one.

I hope the family issue fixed itself.

So sorry your therapy session got cut short. Mine is tomorrow. You’ll learn to open up if you are comfortable with this person.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:27 pm

NM, I try to take care of things myself too in hopes that when I really need help I'll ask and receive or hire if necessary.

The therapist called me back since I left a message. I have an appointment for tomorrow. I had just told her what my family issue was when we had to depart the building. I'll find out tomorrow if this was a drill or real.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:16 pm

too bad you had to cut your therapy appointment short! I hope the building didn't burn down!
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:11 am

Tomi -- the entry above your statement says I managed to get an appointment. And it is today.

Forgot to mention that I volunteered at The Moth last night. The theme was Landmarks and proved to be an excellent subject as getting the required 10 people was fairly rapid. That does not mean I get to sit down...but that we can start on time.

Took the DGDog for a walk again yesterday.

I never did get back outside to take care of the pontoon tarp. I think it will work but just look like someone who doesn't know what they are doing. ha.

Just realized today that I need to go Christmas shopping for mom for the WI family this weekend and write all the checks she normally gives unless there is a change this year. Not that I know of but I should not figure she will.

This is it for today. Thanks for reading.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:00 am

PPam wrote:However, I will survive; I always do.

Yes you will.  Smile However, I hope you will have your health checked just in case it's something more serious going on, not just the 'episodes' you mentioned, but also the unfamiliar chest pain you had. You're a tough cookie and a strong woman, but the reason women live longer than men (aside from good genes, which you've obviously got) is that they don't ignore symptoms, in general ofcourse. It could be simply a warning sign to take better care of yourself (since you mentioned nothing showed the first time they checked it), be it sleep/rest/hydration, so you could try watching that more closely first.

Hope your therapy session will be a good one and help you put Pam first for a change. ((HUGS))

Have a great day!
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:50 pm

I hope you had a great therapy session today.

Glad you think the tarp will work ok, even if it doesn’t look pretty. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:23 am

I intend to pay attention to the same areas you mentioned LB.  Thanks for the support.  As far as another round of those tests I took so long ago, I'm not going there yet.  I will mention the pain I had to my family dr.  I have not had them since and explaining them will be difficult.  It did not feel like it was in my heart...but what do I know?

Thanks NM.  Unfortunately I had the wrong time on my mind and was unable to meet with the counselor.  I had the time of my real session time in my  head and did not re-look at my appointment book.  It is odd that I did that.  Too much on my mind.  

My youngest son got on the roof yesterday and fixed the siding that had come loose.  I had gone up to give him the extra tarp I had but could not use for my pontoon and he was fiddling with his boat cover himself.  He even let me help him.  Haha.  He is much like me and has an idea of what he wants to do.  Regardless that was nice.  When I asked him to take a look at my siding he said he'd be down when he was done.  

He came down prepared; hammer hanging from his pants and siding nails in his pocket.  He said the company that did the siding really skimped on the overlap.  He said normally there would be 3" side to side or something like that.  

We caught up on family stuff meaning the family issue I will not bring up here.  

I did not have a chance to find out if he and his girl are coming to Thanksgiving.  So much was discussed and that was last on the list.  

My next therapy session will be next Monday at the time slot that I had in my mind.  Whoa is me.  What a stupid mistake I made.  It was right in my appointment book which I failed to pull out yesterday.  Am so disappointed in myself and surprised I made that mistake.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:43 pm

So sorry you missed your session. I’m sure Monday will work out well.

It was very nice that you could spend sometime with your DS, get things fixed, his and yours and discuss whatever family issue that bugging you.

We all make mistakes, don’t beat yourself up about it. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:17 am

NM wrote:We all make mistakes, don’t beat yourself up about it.  Smile

Couldn't agree more.. treat yourself with kindness.. goes for all of us.  Wink

How are you liking Firefox so far? Smile

Here's more info on how to find and install an adblocker and make your internet use safer as well: http://primalforums.forumotion.com/t401p25-to-pay-or-not-to-pay-that-is-the-question#29698
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:53 am

I look forward to reading about your day, PPam. You have a way of turning the most boring chores into an adventure!
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:52 pm

Pam, nice to have your son do that for you and spend some time talking about things.
Hope your appointment works out this time and is helpful.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:39 am

I am tired of accidentally erasing my entries.  Happened the other day and again this morning.  

Pedi - my gutter adventure is over with nothing that would make you chuckle.  I was surprised, though, at how many leaves ended up in them again and leaves remain on trees for this weird fall.  

I am uneasy with conversations with both sons and have decided it is not necessary to bring it up with the counselor as the sessions are for my issues not theirs and I feel bringing them up would convolute my issues.  I feel like since the initial session when we were getting acquainted....that we still need to keep going on to get to know each other and the issues I presented with.

Am up in the air about my family Thanksgiving.  One son is hosting the other has not answered if they will participate.  Am angry that I need to pester to find out.  Or should I say hurt?

Today is hiker breakfast and I look forward to seeing everyone.  My favorite person will be there today.  She has gone on cool trips and family visits so it has been quite a while.  

Did not take my DGDog for a walk yesterday as her sister doggy was there from my DS's children from a previous marriage.  That dog is a handful and I do not particularly like her.  He is sitting the dog for them and warned me to stay away for which I am thankful.  

The Secret Santa gifts were dropped off at the last minute yesterday or I would have been late.  With all that is going on I kept thinking I had all next week to take care of that.  Thankfully I had wrapped them all last weekend.  The reason for today being the deadline is that our upper MI participant will be on town for a grandchild's birthday.  

Have a great weekend everyone.  And those who are prepping for their Thanksgiving menu....good luck.  The stores will be crazy and I am not looking forward to shopping especially today.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:23 am

Am angry that I need to pester to find out. Or should I say hurt?
I understand your position and sympathize. In a similar situation some years ago, we decided to act on "in hand" knowledge and the non-responsive one showed up to find they had to eat out then come join the family get together as it was made clear that by not responding we all assumed they weren't coming and limited the portions accordingly.
Message was learned.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:58 pm

Rig - good way to handle it.

Pam I’m so sorry your two boys are not talking for whatever reason. Hopefully they will get over it and make the holiday a pleasant one.

I also understand your feeling about it, but I’d let it go.

I agree with not talking with your sons. You will know when and what is right to share should you ever decide to do so.

Hugs
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:43 pm

Outside for about 3 hours picking up branches, little and large, and burning up the limb that fell off a couple of years back. One DS dragged onto my burn pile and I am making progress burning it into separate limbs. Yes, it is rather large. Beautiful day outside.

I had to really push myself outside. This is unusual for me. No ambition like I used to possess.

Is this part of "depression"? Don't know.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum