Perennially Yours - part 2

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Go down

Perennially Yours - part 2 Empty Perennially Yours - part 2

Post by perennialpam on Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:27 am

Just setting this up at LB's suggestion.

How do I insert the previous journal at the bottom of the page like I see so many do?
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Perennially Yours - part 2 Empty Re: Perennially Yours - part 2

Post by Lovebird on Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:30 am

perennialpam wrote:Just setting this up at LB's suggestion.  

How do I insert the previous journal at the bottom of the page like I see so many do?

You could add this: http://primalforums.forumotion.com/t32-perennially-yours to your signature, but since it's posted on the first page now, and I'll add a link to the new one at the end of your old one, there really is no need, unless you want to.
Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:36 am

I have to say, I am always SO impressed when someone has to start a new journal thread. Honestly, that is forum dedication! Love it! cheers

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:52 am

Yep I am online too much. ON

The veggies are now cleaned, cut, complete. Working on the fruit salad.

Organizing what items need transport to my DSs like the relish trays, etc. Cornstarch, misc items.

The Moth was great last night. I signed up 19 people. Only 10 get to tell their story. The winner was the last person who beat out my pick from the first 9. The winner was an excellent story teller. To tell the truth, though, I have been trying to remember just what his was about and I'm having a problem. Not even the gist of it but I did agree that his was the best.

Looks like I'll have time to walk the DGDog today. It is quite cold and the wind is making it seem colder.

Organized some beach glass, the Dremel, snow flake paper (No NM, I did not fold), games to take. I believe I'll deliver that today when I take the DGDog. Additionally all the helpful supplies. No room in the refrig for the items I have made.

Looking forward to tomorrow. My DS's GF's children will all be coming. Last year the youngest did not attend.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:44 am

Sounds like you are already to go Pam, that’s awesome.

Welcome to part 2 of your journal as well. I must be online more than you since I hit that a while ago. Smile

Hugs
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Great news about the relaxing of restrictions, Pam, and the healing and about the possibilities of winter camping. I love hearing about the enjoyment you get from it. You are absolutely right about the clothing of course, but the chilly trips to the bathroom in those conditions are just the final straw for me, and somehow thinking of the pain it will be makes me want to go all the more! Haha!

You sounds all geared up for tomorrow - Happy Thanksgiving for when it comes Smile
AutumnTiger
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, Pam. Wishing you a lovely day with your family.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:35 pm

Welcome to the Part 2 Club! Laughing
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:45 pm

Thank you LB for alerting me that I needed to set up Part 2 and help with signature line. You are so helpful and always there when I need you.

ON, NM, AT, M2M and Pedi -- thanks for noticing my new digs.

~~~The craft projects have been delivered along with a variety of games.

~~~Household needs like, huge butcher block, kitchen towels, can opener, sugar, items to bring home extras (hoping).

~~~Just made my first pumpkin pie. Will whip the cream tomorrow morning as we had issues last year.

~~~Will try to make the cherry pie later this evening.

I'm pretty bushed and glad to not have to clean house. Saw my DS' today -- boy he has a lot of work to do but I know he'll accomplish it.

Took the DGDog for a walk. Good for my back. Incorporated proper walking by engaging the butt muscles which helps support the pelvic floor. Just read on one of MDA pages.

Thanks to Rig for the idea to go back and read his stuff. Have listened to many Podcasts.

Happy Thanksgiving one and all.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:30 am

Gosh I baked that pumpkin pie at least 30min longer than the recipe said because the center was swishy. Hope it turns out okay.

Then when fixing the cherry pie filling it did not set either! They both used flour as the thickener... However, once the pie cooled, it seemed set. Will find out when we start digging in.

The shrimp cocktail sauce made.

Now for the whipped cream.

Leave at 11 to drop off some recycling, purchase gas (I hope) and pick up mom.

Best wishes for a successful celebration to those who do so.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:32 am

Happy Thanksgiving Pam. I’m sure your pies will be just fine. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:36 pm

All sounds so yummy - have a great day Smile
AutumnTiger
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:22 am

Well even though the cherry pie did not set, we called it cherry soup and ate it anyway. And, lo and behold, mom told me my pumpkin pie was the best she ever had. A miracle.

Nice gathering yesterday. Mom realized that she is the old person who just sits in a chair. She mentioned on the ride home that when she was young at family gatherings there was always this old lady that came and sat in the chair. I felt bad and tried to sooth her but reality is difficult.

Mom can barely walk (much worse after my 5 weeks of not taking her places), cannot clearly hear a thing and has trouble seeing. So many people where she lives have recently passed away. Seems to be all she speaks of.

I now believe she needs that surgery her cardiologist has been pushing the last 2 years. A new valve. They go in through a artery and insert in the failing valve.

Need to research possible complications. My DSs were shocked at the difference in their grandma. They do not see her much so I am not surprised.

Am considering a drive over to Lake MI...sun, less wind but I'm also considering the fact that I am tired from prepping for Thanksgiving and then T day.

No crafting was accomplished yesterday aside from looking and sorting some beach glass which gets involved and is enjoyable to my DS's gf.

Now I need to retrieve all the items I took over there and start the carcass simmering.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:06 am

Pam be careful if you go to the lake they’re calling for some nasty weather up there.

I have a carcass to cook as well. Should be tasty with the marinade that DS used.

I feel bad for you Mom and am not looking forward to being “that person” either.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:09 am

NM -- I am always careful and not planning any winter camp until after the first of the year. When I am currently speaking of a drive to Lake Mi, it would be a beach walk and a drive back home the same day. Thanks for your concern. You get my gist of the "lady who sits in a chair" that I am on that route myself.

My broth has been eaten (some) and frozen (most). It is so good. I only ended up cooking 1/2 the carcass and took the rest up to my neighbor DS. He said yesterday his soup is made too. Smile

Sad / some angry/ crowd watching the OH and UM football game yesterday. Watched it with both DSs and their father and his gal. A friend of my oldest DS was there with his girl. The men are all loud and very vocal about their ideas mostly over-talking each other. That gets me until I settle down and laugh about their communication tries. Only us introverts hear their opinions but keeping track is impossible -- not that I tried.

Knabbed a free wheelchair yesterday my neighbor put by the side of the road. with mom's difficultly walking long distances I felt it may be useful. I may end up donating it though and actually purchase a transport chair which is really what I may need. She refuses that too though.

Today is laundry day as it has been put off long enough. Yesterday I ran to the Transfer Station (dump) to rid myself of recycling and trash. With all the bones, it was imperative as I do not like picking up trash cans that animals have invaded.

Hoping to hear back from my contact at the JFK Presidential Library and Museum. This the 55th anniversary of his death I decided to try again. My contact is a volunteer who took the time to send me only MI speeches that were made for his presidential bid.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:36 am

Good call on the wheelchair. Transport chairs are so much easier to maneuver and get in and out of the car, but any kind will do in a pinch. Donating it will be awesome, so many in need w/o funds to cover.

You may just feel good enough to winter camp after the 1st. I would not rule it out just yet.

I was talking about the drive to and from yesterday as our weather forcast was calling for a horrible snow event for you all this weekend. Guess that didn’t happen. Smile

Good luck getting to the transfer station and I’m going to be doing laundry as well.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:21 pm

Did my laundry. When I returned home I found I had left the front door wide open. For 2 hrs! Trying to tackle too much at once. Thankfully I have a huge shrub that conceals that dumb move but the heating bill may show this.

Have finally prepared and packed the Elf's gifts for taking care of the 12 Days of Christmas. I will deliver tonight hopefully before the rain. Perhaps right now as it is just beginning the loss of light.

Mom has made an appointment with the place that takes care of her stocks. In all the time I have helped her with her life she has not made any changes. I am worried and now have to attend a meeting in town when I already have to go to town later in the day. From what I can tell the person contacted her and she agreed. I am thinking that we should change the time of the meeting but I bet she does not even know who the meeting is with since her normal person left last year. Need to get my name on the account in case she needs to get money out. With her obvious failing health it is more important than ever. On one hand having the meeting is very timely and on the other, a conflict for me. Wish she would have asked me before setting the time.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:16 am

perennialpam wrote:Did my laundry. When I returned home I found I had left the front door wide open. For 2 hrs! Trying to tackle too much at once. Thankfully I have a huge shrub that conceals that dumb move but the heating bill may show this.

That must have been a scary moment when you got back! Too much going on is very likely, but still something to be more mindful about.

Sorry to hear of the issues with your Mom. So much to do, so little time. Still, annoying to adjust your plans all the time. She should have talked it over with you, as you are supposed to accompany her.

Your beach walks sound so nice... hope you can find the time to go soon, if weather permits. Smile
Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:04 am

The up and down of the deck steps and thinking I had everything collected in the vehicle. Yep, too much going on.

Found a way to deliver the Elf's gifts due to years of experience. He has a light that comes on with movement and in the past I learned the hard way. Never got caught but fell and knocked the wind out of me. Bruised my knees on rocks too. haha

Yesterday I went when the lights would not come on and hoped I could sneak around the house somehow. I hoped he was sitting in his chair watching tv but soon discovered movement in the kitchen window. I had to get low and sneak around the other side of the house. Then, when I got to the place I could leave the presents, no Elf so they went on his porch. Since it was to rain and snow they were placed in plastic for protection. The hard part is waiting to know when they were discovered. #12 will be delivered on 12-11, the evening of the Big Reveal gathering for the women's 12th gift too.

Today is lunch with the Original Four people who always got together since high school. Our larger group just had lunch; it has grown from the 12-15 people we used to do everything with in hs to additional people we all have made friends with over the years. With my hearing issue I prefer the smaller group.

Need to put away the laundry. Carrying it down to the vehicle (a few trips up and down stairs); same with the laundromat; all that includes -- I was tired last night. I am paying attention to how I am feeling.

Snow shoveling will happen today. I believe it will be wet snow again which means heavy. This Thursday I can begin to lift heavier things. Hold off snow. (hoping).

Long time until a beach walk. I can survive just knowing I can.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:07 am

Very heavy, wet snow. Glad I started as it is still coming down. Supposedly only 1" today but by the looks of my backyard, much more to come. It is beautiful!
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:02 am

Sat was a tough day for U.M. fans. As usual for "the game", I was rooting for the refs to have a bad day, but OSU was on fire and a few bad calls wouldn't have made much difference. Pam, you may take some solace that if OSU beats Northwestern next week for the B10 championship, they may squeak into the playoffs, where if luck holds, they will get to face Clemson. OSU is 0-5 lifetime against the state of South Carolina in bowls (0-3 vs Clemson, 0-2 vs So Car) Their last game was a true disaster where Clemson trounced them a couple of years ago.
Rig D
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:41 am

Pam I’m sure you are tired, that’s a lot. Please take it easy today and recover other than your needed meetings in town.

Rig - OSU came out of nowhere. What a game, so unexpected.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:57 am

Narrowminded wrote:Rig - OSU came out of nowhere.  What a game, so unexpected.

You can say that again.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:58 am

I'm torn. Should I drive over and take the DGDog for a walk before my lunch date? Exercise for both of us.

If I do, I should go now.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:57 am

I did drive over and walk the dog.  Thing is, when I went back to drop her back off and began my drive back home, the road was blocked by a huge fallen limb!  The wet snowrain was doing numbers on branches yesterday morning.  Had to wait for some young whipper snappers to move the log so I could get to my lunch with friends.  

Thing is, how close was I to having that limb hit my vehicle?  I was saved that answer.  

Lunch was wonderful but loaded with medical issues.  Sad but true.  Thankfully I have no medical issues going on at the moment.  

Today will be another DGDog walk.  She looks just like Daisy (vh67) and they look about the same size; 100 lbs of love.  

Wednesday evening is my volunteer activity for The Moth's Grand Slam which is the culmination of all the past winners.  The good news is that their stories are new and fresh.  Do not happen to know the theme.  

Trying to make myself do some crafting but my heart isn't in it.  I still need to figure out last ditch gifts for the Hikers, The 12 Days of Christmas folks and Christmas Eve.  Then there are the family members.  It is overwhelming to me mainly because I just do not have the imagination some do for gifts.  

I had purchased a few items for my DGD but she tells me she wants money for Christmas supposedly to save.  That's a new one from her which is fine.  She will be coming north but I am unsure of the dates she will arrive/depart.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next