Dreadful article about the dangers of red meat

Go down

Dreadful article about the dangers of red meat

Post by breadsauce on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:56 am

They seem to be out to get us! Confusing processed meat with red meat, and wrongly stating that cattle farming is bad for the environment

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/nov/06/taxing-red-meat-would-save-many-lives-research-shows?CMP=share_btn_fb&fbclid=IwAR0J3682UtuGI7ZZAWZ8jVy76SyZkqRJXawW_Mdr_py9ZrJc5yhsRfVksvY

When in fact sustainable farming is beneficial

https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2014/aug/19/grazing-livestock-climate-change-george-monbiot-allan-savory

breadsauce

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dreadful article about the dangers of red meat

Post by Rig D on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:28 am

Not to mention that the proposed "solution" is essentially to raise the price to the point no one can afford to buy it. Then we can pave over the farms and build condos for the 60K lives "saved."
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mudhenny on Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:27 pm

That is why I hate the idea of "sin taxes" on any type of food at all. I don't trust ANYONE besides myself to decide what foods are good or bad for me. In fact I believe most people don't really have a clue, especially in the government!

mudhenny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by breadsauce on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:09 am

Me too. I hate being told by researchers - who may be vegan for all I know - telling me that red meat should be taxed. Or that rearing animals for meat is bad for the environment, without specifying if the cattle are living outdoors and eating grass, or intensive indoor farming (which I'm sure probably is bad for the environment). It may be poorly researched and poor journalism - but when it is widely reported it can still swing public opinion and persuade politicians that they need to intervene.

breadsauce

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down