Moving Forward Toward Better Health part 3

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health part 3

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:09 am

I am up and on time getting ready. So far so good on the stomach front. Will be taking it easy food wise today. Busy first day of classes and site visitors on campus in 14 days. More when I get home.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:43 am

TW - you have me cracking up this morning.

Pedi - yes I think TW nailed it with the boss.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:12 am

Glad you are feeling better and getting back to things. Hopefully your day will go smoothly and you can hold on until you get back home and get some more rest.

Your boss is an idiot. How does someone get to that position and NOT know how to get a bloody key made? I think she has people doing her bidding because she feigns ignorance. I mean, really, how could anyone possibly be seriously that stupid?

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:24 pm

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Your boss.......... goodness! PIA isn't even a strong enough term.

Hoping you have a good day!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:42 pm

Agree, if the boss was useless, that would be an improvement.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:08 pm

Narrowminded wrote:TW - you have me cracking up this morning.

Pedi - yes I think TW nailed it with the boss.

Yes, it was a good laugh!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:09 pm

ONTARIO wrote:Glad you are feeling better and getting back to things. Hopefully your day will go smoothly and you can hold on until you get back home and get some more rest.

Your boss is an idiot. How does someone get to that position and NOT know how to get a bloody key made? I think she has people doing her bidding because she feigns ignorance. I mean, really, how could anyone possibly be seriously that stupid?

I made it until noon. The keys did not work, so I took them and the lock with me when I left.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:11 pm

tomi1000 wrote:I'm glad you're feeling better!  

Your boss.......... goodness!  PIA isn't even a strong enough term.  

Hoping you have a good day!

I got the books settled into the new bookcase and rehomed some to other faculty. I got files put up. Made it through the face to face meeting.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:13 pm

Rig D wrote:Agree, if the boss was useless, that would be an improvement.

The best was she did not understand why I was taking the lock when the keys did not work.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:23 pm

So right before the scheduled 90-minute phone meeting, my stomach decided to rebel. I was about 5 minutes late to the meeting, much to her distress. There were 5 other people at the meeting, so really it was not a big deal. Meeting went well and there was clarity on both sides, which is a great thing.

I left after that. Got keys fixed. Picked up a package that was left at a UPS store since it needed a signature. Got home and crashed for about 3 hours. I am pretty much right back to where I was Saturday with symptoms. I am working from home tomorrow. I have so much on my lists of lists of lists that have to get done before Mom's birthday and the big accreditation visit in 13 days.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger Yesterday at 3:14 am

Oh, Pedi. I sympathise entirely. Must be something in the air with upset tummies. But I don't have your list of lists - maybe this is a stress reaction?
Wishing this resolves quickly for you.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 Yesterday at 5:13 am

Sorry for the setback on the tummy. If this is tummy bug......... I'm wishing it to hit hard and with a vengeance on that boss of yours!!! I think she needs a little humbling and good case of the trots!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Yesterday at 7:29 am

Pedidoc wrote:

The best was she did not understand why I was taking the lock when the keys did not work.

Rolling Eyes

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Yesterday at 8:12 am

How did your boss get to be your boss. Really?? But not unusual sometime, people are book smart but no common sense.

So sorry about the belly. Wondering if it’s a new reaction to the shots? Wondering too if the shots are really necessary? I know they are melting scar tissue, but does it have to be melted?

Hang in there today.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Yesterday at 9:31 am

AutumnTiger wrote:Oh, Pedi. I sympathise entirely. Must be something in the air with upset tummies. But I don't have your list of lists - maybe this is a stress reaction?
Wishing this resolves quickly for you.

Thank you, AT.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Yesterday at 9:32 am

tomi1000 wrote:Sorry for the setback on the tummy.  If this is tummy bug......... I'm wishing it to hit hard and with a vengeance on that boss of yours!!!  I think she needs a little humbling and good case of the trots!

I am not sure I could stand to listen to her complaints when she comes to work with the issue.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Yesterday at 9:33 am

ONTARIO wrote:
Pedidoc wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Exactly! The first thing the locksmith said was a good thing you brought the lock as it will make this much easier to correct.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Yesterday at 9:39 am

Narrowminded wrote:How did your boss get to be your boss.  Really?? But not unusual sometime, people are book smart but no common sense.

So sorry about the belly.  Wondering if it’s a new reaction to the shots?  Wondering too if the shots are really necessary?  I know they are melting scar tissue, but does it have to be melted?

Hang in there today.
Thanks, NM. I really do not want that position.

I honestly think I either got a bug or ate something that did not agree with me and then added stress to it.  In the past, I have had a virus plus stress go to microscopic colitis that will last for weeks. This feels very similar. If this is the case, I will need to eat a clean, autoimmune type diet, although I am not really hungry.  The only positive thing is the weight loss that inevitably occurs when one cannot eat or what you eat goes straight through.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Yesterday at 9:48 am

Decent sleep. Got up a couple of times. Was hoping to get moving on my list about an hour ago, but I slept a bit later and have been dealing with random issues as they came up while I caught up with the tribe.

For those who are wondering Trainer J is still in contact with me, but the sessions have been put on hold until my stomach will behave. At this point, I think it will be homework until the accreditation visit is done.

I am drinking my usual coffee and hoping it stays in. So far no nausea, but I will get stomach cramps if I eat or drink something it does not like. Well enough avoiding starting the day. Off to slay the lists!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Yesterday at 10:12 am

The only positive thing is the weight loss that inevitably occurs when one cannot eat or what you eat goes straight through.

Laughing Well, that's one way to get the weight off!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Yesterday at 1:29 pm

Really hoping you start feeling better soon and don't have to deal with this for weeks.  

Are there other family members who could take on some of the prep for your mom's bday? Share the load??  

I wish you well!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 Yesterday at 4:11 pm

Pedidoc wrote:  The only positive thing is the weight loss that inevitably occurs when one cannot eat or what you eat goes straight through.

Oh if that were true........... after 12 years of chronic diarrhea I should be a stick figure!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Yesterday at 4:16 pm

ONTARIO wrote:
The only positive thing is the weight loss that inevitably occurs when one cannot eat or what you eat goes straight through.

Laughing  Well, that's one way to get the weight off!

The scale is definitely down a few pounds.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Yesterday at 4:17 pm

Meant2Move wrote:Really hoping you start feeling better soon and don't have to deal with this for weeks.  

Are there other family members who could take on some of the prep for your mom's bday? Share the load??  

I wish you well!

Unfortunately, no. I have the carnitas in the oven and the chicken in the slow cooker. Both freeze very well, so I will cook, cool, and freeze to be thawed and reheated before the party.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Yesterday at 4:19 pm

tomi1000 wrote:
Pedidoc wrote:  The only positive thing is the weight loss that inevitably occurs when one cannot eat or what you eat goes straight through.

Oh if that were true........... after 12 years of chronic diarrhea I should be a stick figure!  

It has been for me. The last time I had the microscopic colitis I dropped 30 pounds in about 4 weeks. Way too fast, but it was definitely not by choice.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next