Moving Forward Toward Better Health part 3

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health part 3

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:14 am

AutumnTiger wrote:Big hugs to Juliet, that's a lot to go through. Hope she's okay.
Do I recall correctly that your pooches are Schnauzers?

Yes, that is correct. They do not shed, so that is good with my allergies and asthma.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:25 am

Long day. Arrived on campus about 0530 and left at 1900. Did not get the final faculty in, as I am still waiting for them to make an offer to the person we want to hire. School starts Monday People! I've been working on this since Octobers, seriously frustrating. I've hired about 25 adjuncts since I took over the Dept. Chair role, but not all of them want to work or can't work when I need them. We were down 4 faculty when I took over and each faculty teaches 4 things, so that was 16 things I had to cover in the fall. Then we had the faculty leave mid-semester. I feel like getting everything covered is a moving target. The good news is I have it figured out if they hire her.

Spent about 7 hours talking during the new MSN student orientation. It seems like a good group. A bit quieter than the other 3 cohorts. I am T - 18 days before the accreditation visit. I would have gotten much more done if my boss was not distracting me. She is worried because the resource room is not put together. I told her we have everything, I am trying to organize, label, and cross-reference as needed. I also have a preliminary "walk through" to see if everything is there and a final one the Friday before the team arrives on Sunday. I blocked that weekend in case I need to really scramble.

Mom's birthday is T - 10 days. We are going to have about 40 people in our home helping her celebrate. I am cooking pork butt carnitas, shredded Mexican chicken, a corn salad, beans, and guacamole. There will be all the fixings and people will be able to put together a bowl, salad, burrito, or tacos. I did something almost identical when DS4 graduated from the police academy.

Okay, I am going to finish up here and go to bed. If I am lucky I will get 6 hours tonight.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:28 pm

Wow what a crazy day and crazy weeks coming up for you.

Happy to hear Juliet is doing well.

Xing fingers all gets done as needed and the they hire the new faculty and you can get some of that moved off of your plate.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:41 am

Narrowminded wrote:Wow what a crazy day and crazy weeks coming up for you.

Happy to hear Juliet is doing well.

Xing fingers all gets done as needed and the they hire the new faculty and you can get some of that moved off of your plate.

Unfortunately, I got very little other than staffing for the semester accomplished today. Sad
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:25 am

That's a a LOT to handle. A moving target of other people and their schedules, I'm sure makes it harder to tie down. Good to see pup is in recovery.

That canritas feast sounds awesomely delish. Reminds me to try my hand at chicharrones, the puffy ones.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:08 pm

Heuristicfireflower wrote:That's a a LOT to handle.  A moving target of other people and their schedules, I'm sure makes it harder to tie down.   Good to see pup is in recovery.

That canritas feast sounds awesomely delish.  Reminds me to try my hand at chicharrones, the puffy ones.

The schedule is particularly difficult because we are down 2 full-time faculty.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:14 pm

Felt off most of yesterday and had a horrible low backache by the time I got home last night. Did not feel like eating yesterday and now I know why. My stomach is not happy today resulting in many trips to the BR.

Sleep was decent, but I am still tired. Instead of going to the board meeting I was supposed to go to, I am calling in. I have got to go pick up our CSA and get the key copied for the resource room. Then I need to start working on what did not get done yesterday and plugging away at what I had scheduled for today.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:16 pm

If you’re not feeling well, maybe try taking it a bit easier today? I know you cancelled a meeting, but easier than that.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:25 am

I hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself!
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:28 am

Narrowminded wrote:If you’re not feeling well, maybe try taking it a bit easier today?  I know you cancelled a meeting, but easier than that.

I absolutely had to get the keys copied as the boss specifically asked before she left Friday. I asked her if she wanted to do it, but she said, "I'd have no idea where to go." Really? So after the phone meeting, I hauled myself to the Locksmith and got the keys made. Came straight home. Took some sips of water and crashed in bed. did not really wake up until 4 hours later when DH came home.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:31 am

Did a BR trip with same results as the morning and went back to bed for another 3 hours. My stomach does not hurt, my back is still sore, and the fluids I am sipping to stay hydrated are going straight through me.

I rescheduled everything planned for today, which I am trying not to stress about. Mom's birthday is next Sunday and the site visitors are on campus in 15 days. What a Face

I hope I feel much better tomorrow. If not I will have to cancel my massage. Sad
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:22 am

Now that is worse than canceling a meeting! Hope you feel better!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:36 am

Hope you feel better soon.

Your boss is hopeless....
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:51 am

Pedidoc wrote:Did a BR trip with same results as the morning and went back to bed for another 3 hours.  My stomach does not hurt, my back is still sore, and the fluids I am sipping to stay hydrated are going straight through me.
(

Perhaps adding seasalt to your water will help you stay hydrated. I know it works for me when adrenals get taxed. Hope you feel better soon.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:24 pm

The Walrus wrote:Now that is worse than canceling a meeting!  Hope you feel better!

Slight improvement this morning. Waiting to see how I feel closer to noon.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:24 pm

perennialpam wrote:Hope you feel better soon.  

Your boss is hopeless....

Thanks, PPam.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:25 pm

Heuristicfireflower wrote:
Pedidoc wrote:Did a BR trip with same results as the morning and went back to bed for another 3 hours.  My stomach does not hurt, my back is still sore, and the fluids I am sipping to stay hydrated are going straight through me.
(

Perhaps adding seasalt to your water will help you stay hydrated.  I know it works for me when adrenals get taxed.  Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, HF.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:30 pm

Slept fairly well. Did not have to get up during the night. Same issues first thing this morning, but I'm hopeful based on the second trip.

I will rearrange my tasks to stay home today and do computer work. I did get my Mac working again on Friday. IT came to my office and spent probably 2 hours of problem-solving before they got it working again.

Mom invited us for a steak dinner tonight. I have told DH, but am pretty sure I am a no.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:43 pm

I hope this resolves soon.  A steak dinner normally would be yummy but probably not today!  I know that you eat pretty low carb but white rice in broth usually helps with angry intestines for me.

Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Vh67 wrote:I hope this resolves soon.  A steak dinner normally would be yummy but probably not today!  I know that you eat pretty low carb but white rice in broth usually helps with angry intestines for me.

Thanks, V. That may be dinner.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:08 pm

Canceled massage. I need to stay home. Laundry started, as it cannot wait. That exhausted me, so no driving to massage. Getting ready to take a nap and then I hope to be able to do some computer work.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:30 pm

Hope you are feeling a bit better this evening. Sorry you’ve got the creeping crud.

I agree with Pam, your boss is useless.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:54 am

Narrowminded wrote:Hope you are feeling a bit better this evening.  Sorry you’ve got the creeping crud.

I agree with Pam, your boss is useless.

I had a sweet potato for dinner and so far no urgent need for the BR. I feel minimally better, so I am hoping tomorrow will go well. It will be a long day.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:23 am

Boss is psychotic. Okay, maybe just a sociopath. I believe the clinical term is “pain in the ass.” Smile
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:08 am

The Walrus wrote:Boss is psychotic.  Okay, maybe just a sociopath.  I believe the clinical term is “pain in the ass.” Smile

Yes the "PIA" gets much use when I am venting to DH.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next