Moving Forward Toward Better Health part 3

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health part 3

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:53 pm

Thanks, Tomi and NM.  I took 2 T3 that I had left from the surgery so was able to get semi-comfortable to try and sleep.  Tracker makes it look like I had 11 1/2 hours of sleep, but I did get up at 8 to try and get ready for the luncheon thing.  I was making my coffee when I got that feeling like I was going to pass out.  Aborted the coffee and hustled back to lay down.  I just really got moving about an hour ago. So between last night and this morning, I have 91 minutes awake, 93 minutes REM, 8 1/2 hours light, and 82 minutes Deep.  

Pain level is better now but I am still swollen (she injected about 60 ml or so between skin and muscle of the abdomen).  I look maybe 4 months along now.  Although since I did not really show with the boys until I suddenly looked like I was smuggling a beach ball under my top.

So I am going to continue to take it relatively easy for the rest of the day.  No more sleep or I won't sleep tonight.  I had hoped to bake some goodies for the Saturday skills class and tomorrow's lecture.  I think I may still be able to do so if I modify a bit and only do the coffeecake and brownies.  Maybe the rice crispy treats - we will see.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Wow, the injections and the aftermath sound truly dreadful. I sure hope there is long term benefit! Take care.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:58 pm

All that and you are still baking goodies for others! Here’s to healing and feeling better fast.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Meant2Move wrote:Wow, the injections and the aftermath sound truly dreadful.  I sure hope there is long term benefit!   Take care.
It is to help fix the issues caused by the hematoma that had to be drained for so long.  Unfortunately, I was warned it could take 3 rounds to achieve maximum results.  The surgeon's nurse just called to check on me and is pleased that I am feeling relatively okay.  Frankly, the actual injections followed by the drive home was the worst of it.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:50 pm

The Walrus wrote:All that and you are still baking goodies for others!  Here’s to healing and feeling better fast.
I cooked dinner tonight.  Nothing strenuous, just hamburger patties, fresh tomato slices, and some potato slices cooked in butter in the oven.  I answered several emails and had a phone conference this afternoon.  I actually feel fairly okay as long as I do not put any pressure on my abdomen.  I've been cleared to wear a compression garment tomorrow if it makes me more comfortable.  I'm not sure about that!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Double batch of brownies and an almond flour sour cream coffee cake with a cinnamon pecan swirl are in the oven. By 8 everything will be cooling and the kitchen will be closed.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:06 pm

Sure don’t know how you do it. Here’s hoping the morning is much better than today.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Sure don’t know how you do it.  Here’s hoping the morning is much better than today.
Thank you, NM.  I guess I've always been stubborn and if I decide to do something, I usually get it done.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:07 am

I’m a lot like you in that way Pedi, but when feeling ill, I’ll generally succumb unless it’s something I HAVE to do for DH. Give your body a chance to heal, just like you tell others here. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:15 am

The shots in the abdomen sound dreadful. Hope that one round does it for you and you can get back to normal asap.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:41 am

Narrowminded wrote:I’m a lot like you in that way Pedi, but when feeling ill, I’ll generally succumb unless it’s something I HAVE to do for DH.  Give your body a chance to heal, just like you tell others here. Smile
I hear you NM.  I had promised to bring breakfast Saturday morning and that is why I needed to make the coffee cake.  I suppose I could have bought something, but with the stand mixer, it really only took about 10 minutes to put together.  I cheated with the brownies and used a mix that I added some cocoa and expresso to, so maybe 5 minutes with the mixer.  The longest commitment was staying awake while stuff baked.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:41 am

Rig D wrote:The shots in the abdomen sound dreadful. Hope that one round does it for you and you can get back to normal asap.
I am hoping for 1 round also, Rig.  Now that I know how painful they are, I really prefer to avoid them if possible.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:46 am

C2 says 7 3/4 hours sleep with 1 3/4 hours awake, 82 minutes REM, 5 1/2 hours light, and 59 minutes deep.  I feel fairly alert, but I could have slept longer.

My abdomen is no longer painful, just tender in spots when touched.  The swelling is still there but now I just look fat, not preggo.

DH is driving into work with me.  Today is fall break, but the MSN students are on campus for a surviving an active shooter/stop the bleed lecture today and skills check off tomorrow. Some of the students are going to dinner with DH and me after the lecture tonight.  We will not be staying out late. Tomorrow, I have to get up early, which sucks.  Sunday I can sleep in a bit.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:10 pm

Glad you're doing better Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:52 pm

Whew, you have been through the mill. Take care, and I hope you get another good rest tonight.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Hang in there Pedi.  Sorry this has caused you pain.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:45 pm

Thanks, Tomi, Annieh, and PPam.  The day went well.  I did 4 interviews for adjunct faculty and passed them all up the chain for further review.  I did not get my office cleaned, but I did get my bookshelves thinned out.  Lectures went well.  Had dinner with 4 of the group.  Home ready for bed.  Trying to relax so I can go to sleep.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:13 pm

Happy to hear of belly improvements
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:25 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Happy to hear of belly improvements
Thanks, NM.  It swells at odd times and I guess I will just have to get used to it until it goes down again.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:29 pm

6 1/2 hours sleep last night, awake 90 minutes, REM 63 minutes, light 4 1/2 hours, deep 57 minutes.  I was in deep sleep when my alarm went off - quite the rude awakening!

Got ready and out the door in about 30 minutes.  Stopped and picked up the coffee I had preordered.  Was first to arrive, so had to call campus police to unlock the building.  The day went well.  Got some good talk time in with the Dean while we got some steps in. I ended up staying later than I planned because I was on a roll getting courses put together.  Probably a late start in the morning.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:39 am

Sounds like some nice progress was made. I double checked when you posted this as yesterday was Sat. Guessing you were trying to catch up while campus was more empty?
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Sounds like some nice progress was made.  I double checked when you posted this as yesterday was Sat.  Guessing you were trying to catch up while campus was more empty?
Yes, I was and the students were on campus for their skills day.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:06 pm

A bit over 7 hours sleep last night.  For about 2 hours, I was too restless for the tracker to pick up.  Awake 48 min, REM 50 min, 3 1/2 hours light, and 31 min deep, which is probably why I 've been tired all day.  

Got several things on my list done today.  This next week will be busy.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:27 am

Tracker says just shy of 4 hours sleep, but I did turn out the lights about 10:30 and proceeded to toss and turn apparently until 145 am when it says I went to sleep.  53 minutes Awake, 11 min REM, 3 1/2 hours light, and 10 min Deep.  Again I was in deep sleep when my alarm went off, which makes it really hard to get started.

Still very bloated from injections.  I was going to go to try and find a fancy dress for a formal dinner honoring nurse leaders (one of our faculty won), but I have put it off 2 weeks hoping things settle down by then.

The Dean has called out sick today, so I will be holding down the fort when I get in.  We've spoken already today.  I have a fairly full schedule with 1 faculty evaluation to complete and get signed, 1 classroom observation, 1 student advising, and 1 meeting to attend.  In between stuff to do in office.

Okay, off to finish getting ready.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:56 am

Sounds like 2 rough nights in a row. Hopefully your belly will start feeling better and your sleep will improve with it.

You’ve got your hand full today.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next