Moving Forward Toward Better Health part 3

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health part 3

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:19 am

According to C2, I got 6 1/2 hours of sleep with 91 minutes REM, 5 hours light, and 2 minutes Deep. Awake almost 2 hours, but I don't really remember that.  Tomorrow is an early start, so am going to try and turn my brain off earlier than usual and get more than 3 hours sleep!

As discussed above, I am pretty sure the stomach, lightheadedness, sleep, and whatnot are all by-products of stress.  I am trying to be reasonable about what needs completing and what can be delayed so I can have some "me time."

I have a long list for today, but what I absolutely must get done:
1. review the next 8-week classes and make sure they are ready to roll (they open next Sunday, so I have put it off as long as I can)
2. fill out the faculty's evaluation that I am meeting tomorrow to get signatures from
3. review a new MSN course syllabus
4.  complete my part of a survey about our school that the Dean asked for

I have 6 other things on my list, but they are things I need to get done, but today is not their drop-dead due date.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:11 pm

I have done two loads of laundry and had a nap.  I feel better, which was my hope.  Now to chip away at my short list.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:42 pm

Happy to hear you took a nap today. You have a pretty long short list. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Happy to hear you took a nap today.  You have a pretty long short list. Smile
I did 1 and 2 decided to move 3 and 4.  Razz
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:48 am

Sleep 4 1/4 hours with 43 minutes awake (Very Happy), REM 22 minutes, light 2 hrs 38 min, and Deep 73 minutes (Very Happy:D).  I would have had an additional hour but DH got up at 3 and I did not really go back to sleep once I heard his alarm go off.  I actually got up about 15 minutes before mine was due to go off.

Today is busy at work. Two hours of PNP applicant interviews, a student advising appointment, a faculty evaluation appointment, and a classroom observation.  I need to stop by the grocery on the way home.  A late afternoon phone conference and then fill out 4 faculty evaluations before I crash and get to go to bed.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:53 am

I agree with your thoughts on stress. There is such a strong connection between the gut and our brains. I was recently reading an article about the amount of serotonin created in the gut. It was very interesting. Point is, there's definitely a connection.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:32 pm

ONTARIO wrote:I agree with your thoughts on stress. There is such a strong connection between the gut and our brains. I was recently reading an article about the amount of serotonin created in the gut. It was very interesting. Point is, there's definitely a connection.
I think many symptoms can be attributed to stress.  I am working on keeping my stress level manageable.  I need to find the book I got on why you need stress and start reading it.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:39 pm

I canceled the classroom observation, as the faculty had one last year and I really did not need to do one. Completed the interviews, submitted 12 names for approval, which we got, so letters will be sent out to 12 new PNP students to start Spring 19.

Since I canceled the observation, I came home early and took a 2-hour nap.  I now feel much better.  Got word that the BSN program is going through a mini-accreditation next March, which means the self-study will be due in December.  I had been saying I could relax after the MSN accreditation visit in January, but now it could be March!

Last edited by Pedidoc on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:58 pm

Eek - more deadlines is not what you needed.  
If the stress book is by Kelly McGonigal, I recommend it. We do need stress, but we need to manage it. Your organization skills are outstanding and the mindfulness surely helps, but you seem to do the work of at least 2 people which is hard to fit into an also full life.  

Yep, pull out that yoga disk, and remember to EXHALE before you try to breathe. Sometimes we've already taken in more than we can manage and first need to push something out.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:23 pm

I have agree with M2M on what you do and how you do it. And to EXHALE before you start. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Meant2Move wrote:Eek - more deadlines is not what you needed.  
If the stress book is by Kelly McGonigal, I recommend it. We do need stress, but we need to manage it. Your organization skills are outstanding and the mindfulness surely helps, but you seem to do the work of at least 2 people which is hard to fit into an also full life.  

Yep, pull out that yoga disk, and remember to EXHALE before you try to breathe. Sometimes we've already taken in more than we can manage and first need to push something out.
Thanks, M2M.  We have sat down and looked at what I am doing right now and we think it is closer to 4 different jobs between university and clinic.  That does not include wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, and mother-in-law or just being me.  Yes, that is the book.  I got it but never got down to reading it.  I will pull it out again.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:24 pm

Narrowminded wrote:I have agree with M2M on what you do and how you do it.  And to EXHALE before you start. Smile
On the Charge 2, there is a 2 minute relax that leads you through some deep breathing that I try and do at minimum daily if not more often.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:09 am

since I don't see you find plenty of time soon to read that book.

((hugs))

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:51 am

Yes, my new Charge 3 also has that breathing, which I need to try today.

However, I think maybe M2M and I were both referring to getting something off your plate Wink. I know I was. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:14 am

Narrowminded wrote:Yes, my new Charge 3 also has that breathing, which I need to try today.

However, I think maybe M2M and I were both referring to getting something off your plate Wink. I know I was. Smile
Scheduled a meeting with the Dean tomorrow to strategize and plan.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:17 am

Better sleep last night: 7 hours 51 min, 73 minutes awake, 99 min REM, 5 hr 43 min light, and 29 min Deep.

Today I have a hair appointment and then a spa appointment afterward.  I hope to be able to stop by the grocery store in between.  Leftovers for dinner.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:30 pm

Enjoy the spa! Gotta love a good spa treatment!

I'm with the other ladies - maybe you need to take something off your plate. You seem to do A LOT! You deserve some "me" time in your life as well.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:53 pm

ONTARIO wrote:Enjoy the spa! Gotta love a good spa treatment!

I'm with the other ladies - maybe you need to take something off your plate. You seem to do A LOT! You deserve some "me" time in your life as well.
I did enjoy both the facial and pedicure.

I am not sure what can actually come off my plate, but will try to share the wealth tomorrow.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:02 pm

It took me a long time to really internalise breathing techniques despite trying very hard - probably trying too hard! But it really does help.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:52 pm

Happy to hear you are going to try and share the wealth tomorrow.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:37 pm

How was your meeting with the Dean?

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:45 pm

ONTARIO wrote:How was your meeting with the Dean?
We sat down and I wrote the 3 projects down and then when they are due.  I then plotted when they need to be to administration for review, revision, and signatures.  She felt the need to give me a list of 6 things that she needs to complete, which are all due by the end of this month, as is everything else on my list that is not one of the 3 projects.  She will take the lead on the BSN self-study, another person will take the lead on the new program prospectus, and I will keep the MSN self-study.  I pointed out that I have faculty asking what they can do to help and she got very negative.  Half my job is keeping her positive, which can be exhausting!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:51 pm

Slept 5 3/4 hours, with 77 min awake, 29 min REM, 5 hours light, and 17 min deep.  In bed at 8:42 and awake at 3:44.

Got 2 more faculty evaluations complete with signature and one more class observation done.  Met with a new faculty and oriented her to the online class she will be teaching.  Got the spring MSN book orders in.

Then I had a follow up with the surgeon.  She injected my abdomen with a new medication that is supposed to dissolve fat, clots, and some scar tissue.  I stopped counting after 20 pokes.  Not only am I in pain, but my abdomen is now swollen to about 6 months pregnant, which is very attractive let me tell you.  I have the 50th gala nursing luncheon tomorrow and have no idea what I will wear.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:29 pm

OUCH! I would guess something loose and comfy. I hope the pain doesn't last too long. The melting fat part sounds awesome!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:44 pm

Pedi all I could think of was human pin cushion. Ouch. I’m crossing my fingers that some of that inflammation will be gone by morning and you’lol no longer looke prego
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next