Tomi found her way - and the quest continues.

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Tomi found her way - and the quest continues. - Page 40 Empty Re: Tomi found her way - and the quest continues.

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:11 pm

ONTARIO wrote:The peeing.....have you had your blood hormones levels checked? Ask your doctor if he can write you a requisition for some blood work. In particular look at sex hormones estrogen (in its various forms), progesterone, and testosterone. Also, your blood sugar might be good too.

I haven't had hormones checked in years - I'm 58 so they are pretty low anyway. Last check was about 5 years ago and that doctor said I am basically flat-lined on the hormones. I just had blood work done a few weeks ago and am waiting on the results. My fasting finger sticks have been running at 85ish. My A1c is perfect as well. So no diabetes to fear.

Annieh wrote:Personally, I would give up rice before nixing the apple.  Both are high in carbs but rice is so boring as not to be worth wasting a carb count on.

I love rice Smile a bit bland yes.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tomi found her way - and the quest continues. - Page 40 Empty Re: Tomi found her way - and the quest continues.

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:07 pm

got my blood work results - every thing is good except of course my cholesterol is high. But - I have pattern A so thats good. My triglycerides were only 91. Smile B-12 was high. Normal range 200-1100 - I'm 1824.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Tomi if your sex hormones are low one of the symptoms is fatigue.  I know you have CFS, but I would want them measured and treated if it would make me feel better.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:50 pm

What Pedi said. Wink

Also, low estrogen can cause incontinence and/or frequent and urgent urination.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:18 pm

I have talked with my last doctor and current NP about HRT - but because I have been post-meno for so many years they both have said its too late to start due to increased risk of cancer or something. I don't quite remember the reason, but I'm thinking it was breast cancer. I should have started right away - but I didn't want to because it felt so unnatural. By the time I asked my previous doc 5 years had passed and she said it was too late to consider that route.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:36 pm

I guess I need to start a new journal................
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40