Tomi found her way - and the quest continues.

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tomi found her way - and the quest continues. - Page 22 Empty Re: Tomi found her way - and the quest continues.

Post by Lovebird on Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:33 am

I do hope you'll get useful answers through this and a way to work with your body instead of against it. It sounds very promising.

Did you download the free book at Viome (or perhaps it was included in your Interconnected kit)?

Hope the re-roofing will solve the leaking issues and that you'll feel better soon.

I do agree with the others that you should make movement a higher priority. Get on that bike and do something, listening to your body for the amount/intensity, make a commitment every day to get some sort of consequent exercise in, be it a short walk or whatever. Your health depends on it. Those among the tribe that walk 10.000 steps or more per day all started small...

Marcadav wrote:I think it would be helpful to think in terms of baby steps when it comes to all things being implemented and expected.

This. In the Interconnected series they also talk about adding, at the most, a spoonful of something new to give the body time to adjust to it. This goes for lots of things/changes... too big a step might be to invasive/disruptive, while small changes can grow habits over time.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Tomi found her way - and the quest continues. - Page 22 Empty Re: Tomi found her way - and the quest continues.

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:37 pm

Lovebird - Yes I did download that ebook.  Plus the resources page has a number of other ebooks and other stuff to read.  
I did receive an email saying the are working on responding to my question.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:40 pm

I sent another question to Viome because after I registered my kit I noticed that my kit number is not that same that comes up as my Sample number.  I just want to make sure there was not some kind of error made in my registration.  

Today is a crash day.  I slept 10.5 hours with only 2 wake ups to potty and maybe 2 other wake ups that I remember.  But my energy is tanked out today.  It is even a struggle to just keep my eyes open.  I knew it was coming cuz I have had a couple days with decent energy and brain clarity.  Today I am having trouble just getting my fingers to hit the right keys.

I took no supplements yesterday - and I am wondering if that could be effecting me today.  Is it possible that my body is that dependent on the supplements I put in it - or is just a bad day?  It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few days.  

We had a graduation party to attend today - hubby went alone.  Sad  Not that he minds too much - he's a social butterfly!  Smile  So he has a great time with or without me.  But it bothers me that I have to miss out.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:03 am

Hubby enjoyed the party, it was a 2 hour open house. He only stayed about 45 minutes as there weren't very many people he knew, and lots of strangers. I was missed by those we knew, which felt nice - as I figure by this stage of the game most people expect that I won't show anyway.

I'm having trouble sleeping tonight. Went to bed - laid there for an hour - still wide awake so I came downstairs so my tossing and turning wouldn't disturb hubby. Sometimes my sleepy pills and Skull Cap just don't work.

No answer yet from Viome customer service.

No biking today due to the fatigue. NP says no exercise when my tank is empty.

Christmas is just around the corner now. We will have our family gathering on hubby's side this coming Saturday - then with the kids at our house on Christmas morning. They usually come around 9 or 10 and stay until mid-afternoon. Still no contact from my son. Sad

I'm starting to feel angry at him............ I get that he is working through stuff - or so I assume. But it hurts that he doesn't seem to take into account what this is doing to me, to us. Hubby is hurt as well, and confused by the sudden shut out. I think my son is behaving very selfishly - and is being very immature. All this could have been avoided if he would have just sat down with me (us) for a good heart to heart. I have stopped trying to figure out what caused all this to happen. At this point I'm thinking this is all just so stupid. He's my son - I'm his mother - we need to talk it out and explain any misunderstandings. However, I don't see that happening. It has been 5 months now.

One valuable lesson I've learned in my 58 years - is never to chase after someone's love. Either they love you and want you in their life - or they don't. And if they don't - then you must let them go. Even when they are your own flesh and blood. It hurts, but its true.

I am still struggling with the "men leave" issues - but only a very tiny struggle. Maybe I'm just learning that this is a part of life. People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:43 am

Tomi, I am sorry about all of this. I know that doesn't help but I do understand. It must hurt so very much. Hugs.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:26 pm

Thanks, Ontario. Smile Yes, it hurts. But what can I do? Nothing. By your statement I assume you too have been through with a child?

Had an off day - another very empty tank day. Was sleeping very soundly when someone drove up to our house - the sudden wake up got my heart pounding and it didn't stop for several hours. Needless to say - it was another do nothing day.

The person in my drive left a card on the front door - a property appraiser with the county. Apparently they are waiting with baited breath for our new shop to be done so they can raise our property taxes. GRRR.

Speaking of that........... more delays. Good thing we are patient people. The builder had some "loose ends" to tie up - at a very good friends house. Hubby's best friend actually. He remodeled M's moms house and it just sold, so you know, the new buyers had "stuff" they wanted fixed. He was supposed to on our tear down last week - but no sign of him yet. I'm guessing either this week, or not till after Christmas.

I admit to not being very good with my diet the past 2 weeks. But - I'm not having ill effects, other than some weight gain and bloat. I guess I have gotten lazy knowing that when my results come back I will likely have a whole new set of food lists to follow. In the testimonials many people said their staple foods that they considered very healthy foods were on their avoids list - especially foods that contain oxalates. Spinach was a big one. I'm very anxious to find out what foods I thought were good for me will turn up on my avoid list. Sample will go in the mail on Thursday. That will be 4 full days without any of my supplements and no antiviral.

Two of my sisters are going to be retiring in Feb. That will make 3 out of the 4 of us retired. Technically I'm still working since I am employed by the boat shop as the bookkeeper, and I do get a paycheck. But, I don't really feel like I have a job since I do the work on my terms and at home.

We are supposed to have a very big rain and wind storm tonight. Thank goodness we got the new roof on before this one hit, or we might be making a claim to our insurance for soggy carpets and a ruined knotty pine ceiling. We found one other place that was leaking prior to the fix - water was running down the dining room wall in a few places and it left dark stripes. Will need to wash that down. Thankfully I use semi-gloss paint - very washable.

tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:08 am

Don't you just love how the "powers that be" are keeping such a close eye on your home improvement. Never miss a chance to increase the revenue stream.
Best of fortune getting all the construction issues resolvedm and in a timely fashion. Hope your guy shows this week.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:30 am

Hopefully you will get the answers you need from the test to move forward in a positive way.

Actually I think avoiding the supplements for several days is good for you. I don’t take much, but I do try to avoid them every so often to give my body a break.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:39 am

Rig D wrote:Don't you just love how the "powers that be" are keeping such a close eye on your home improvement. Never miss a chance to increase the revenue stream.
Best of fortune getting all the construction issues resolvedm and in a timely fashion. Hope your guy shows this week.

Thanks, Rig Smile Yes, they don't miss a beat do they. The builder is a really great guy and he is a one man show for the most part - so patience is needed and offered gracefully. Smile

Narrowminded wrote:Hopefully you will get the answers you need from the test to move forward in a positive way.

Actually I think avoiding the supplements for several days is good for you.  I don’t take much, but I do try to avoid them every so often to give my body a break.

I agree. I actually am very surprised that my gut is as stable as it is since I'm not giving it any digestive enzymes.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:47 am

My best friend send a message this morning that her dad has been admitted to the hospital due to extreme anger issues and is in the Psych ward. He is in the later stages of Alzheimer's and is living in a care facility. She is on her way to the hospital - an hour drive for her - and will let me know what is happening when she gets there. I have showered and am ready to go should she need me. The hospital is only 15 minutes from me. Praying it won't come to that.

I slept pretty soundly last night. Energy is okay, as always I still feel like I'm about tanked out.

tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:08 pm

tomi1000 wrote:Thanks, Ontario.  Smile  Yes, it hurts.  But what can I do?  Nothing.  By your statement I assume you too have been through with a child?  

No, my parents. I haven't seen them or had any contact with them since Christmas 2012. And even before that it was spotty, at best. They were never great parents. But once my grandmother's estate settled (and I my sister and I got the bulk of it) that just ended it all. It hurt me at first because I never knew WHAT I ever did to make them not want to be part of my life. Even my kids, their grandkids, refer to them as "Mom's mom and dad". It took me years to get over it but eventually I did and I realize that it's THEIR loss. I can't control how someone else behaves and I refuse to own that. I just focus on my own little family.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:51 pm

I'm so sorry, Ontario. That has got to be really painful, for you especially, but for your kids as well. I get it - my mom was never much a mom either. And she is nothing as a grandmother. None of her grandkids have any desire to see her and although she asks about all of them often, she makes no effort to be a part of their lives.

Family is messy. You can choose who you want to have a friends - and something that group of people is fluid - some new ones entering, others leaving - but family is family. We are connected in a very unique way to these people that we might seriously LOVE - or might seriously NOT love.

Hubby told me last night that he had called my son. Of course he didn't answer the phone so hubby left a message saying he really hopes we can sit down together and figure out what is happening and work on how to fix it. He said we miss him a lot.

Christmas is a week away............ I'm not holding my breath.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:55 pm

Just watched a youtube vid interview with Naveen Jain. The interviewer was saying his wife had used the Viome screening and then followed the dietary suggestions - she had a gut similar to mine - totally F'd up! She was down to eating nothing but 3 types of meat! UGH! After following the suggestions he gut is beginning to heal and she can now eat many different foods and not have the problems. She is in the healing stage - but is getting better. It is accounts such as this that is giving me hope!

My gut is unhappy today. Hurts and is making me run to the potty far to often!
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:56 pm

Tomi...it's one thing for it to be the parents but I can NOT imagine how hard it must be for a parent to have to deal with this. I could not imagine not having contact with my kids. I don't care if they're 50 years old - I need to know they are okay. So I honestly feel for you in this situation. It must be terrible for you.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:33 am

Tomi wrote:No biking today due to the fatigue. NP says no exercise when my tank is empty.

There are plenty of options for movement aside from riding your bike or walking. Not all is meant to get your heart rate up or break a sweat... which is what your NP refers too... some are gentle and easy, but still make your body healthier/stronger over time.

Ofcourse you need to listen to your body and rest/recover when needed.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:13 am

Yoga, gentle stretching, walking up/down stairs.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:25 pm

I do those things every day Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:14 pm

tomi1000 wrote:I do those things every day Smile  

Then you are exercising every day! Laughing
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:20 pm

I received a response to my question concerning supplements. I was told if I am taking long term supplements that I don't need to discontinue prior to testing. But if they are short term then I can discontinue for 2 weeks prior testing - but it isn't necessary. Since everything I take is definitely long term I think I'm safe with only being off everything for a few days. I was going to do the test tomorrow - hopefully I will feel strong enough to drive down to the mail drop. I do need to make a bank deposit so - it will be tomorrow or Friday that I do the test. Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:33 am

Sounds like a plan.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:11 am

Woke up early - didn't sleep well. Took me about 2 hours to fall asleep, woke several times, then I was awake before hubby's alarm at 5:30. I might have slept 4 or 5 hours in all.

I think I'm a little stressed about the poo test. Silly thing to be stressed about - but there is a lot riding on the results. Two years ago I was feeling the same about the TCM - that was 9 months of wasted time and money. The magic potion of herbs helped control my symptoms, but didn't cure anything. Goodness I have spent a lot of time and money trying to get my gut working properly. This has to work....... I'm going to do exactly as I'm instructed with my diet. I am well practiced in following strict diets so it shouldn't be too difficult. Smile I'm ready. It says it takes 2 weeks to see the results posted in my app - but I have read a few complaints about it taking much longer. Fingers crossed my results will be prompt.

I received a response to my question concerning the registration numbers --- I have been assured that everything is correct. However - his answer isn't quite in line with my question. I might need to verify.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:16 am

Good luck with the poo test! (huh, I just realized I have probably never formed that sentence before! Laughing Laughing Laughing )

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:35 am

ONTARIO wrote:Good luck with the poo test! (huh, I just realized I have probably never formed that sentence before! Laughing Laughing Laughing )

HAHA! Smile it is an odd thing to say for most people. In my world - talking about poo is pretty normal. Smile Unfortunately.

I read the response again - and it doesn't quite fit my question so I send a reply to Sam, my customer service contact, and explained my question with a bit more detail. I'm still going to send the test today.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:59 pm

Sample is in the mail. Smile

Sam replied to my email and said he checked my account and everything is as it should be. So - no worries. Now I wait for the results. Oh my goodness - I have such high hopes for this! I know it will take time to change the balance of bugs, and there will be adjustments with each time I test. I don't expect to be all fixed in a hurry. At least I have something to put my faith in again - something that is specifically tailored to my personal gut environment. I hope I don't have to wait more than 3 weeks for the results. I'm ready to get started.

tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:57 pm

Tomi found her way - and the quest continues. - Page 22 Img_1210
Tomi found her way - and the quest continues. - Page 22 Img_1212

Here's a visual on how much hair I've lost..........  This is probably 1/3 of what I've really lost - the rest came out in my brush and in the shower.  It has pretty much stopped, I think now its just normal daily loss.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum