Tomi found her way - and the quest continues.

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: Tomi found her way - and the quest continues.

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:51 am

Sounds delish I sure hope DH liked it.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:07 pm

The casserole was amazing! Smile but the dairy was a bit much for me - I'm bloated today. Stupid dairy! Hopefully it will go away in the few days. I might eat some salmon for dinner instead and leave the left overs for hubby. He really loved it.

I tried on my jeans this morning...... been wearing capri's all summer. They still fit so I don't have to buy bigger ones. All the weight I gained over the winter (nearly 20 pounds) is all above the waist I guess.

I slept okay last night. Had burning feed and fidgeting legs for about 45 minutes, I think I fell asleep around 11:00. Didn't sleep soundly. There was a man working in the park with a very loud weed eater/edger at 7:30. Got up at 8:15. Not enough deep sleep and I'm groggy today. Bummer. Maybe tonight will be better.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:33 pm

I don't think I'm drinking enough water. So I'm trying something today. Since my day is roughly 16 hours between sleeps....... I'm going to drink 6 ounces of water every hour. That would be a total of 96 ounces, plus whatever I drink in tea or with my meds. If we are supposed to drink 1/2 our body weight in ounces what would be just about right.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:36 pm

I'm with you on the water. I also don't drink enough. But my aversion is more about not wanting to use the public washroom. Yes, I'm a germaphobe.

I think it's great your pants fit. But I hear you about the shifting fat areas. I seem to have some shifting happening as well. I think it's par for the course as women age.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:24 pm

ONTARIO wrote:I'm with you on the water. I also don't drink enough. But my aversion is more about not wanting to use the public washroom. Yes, I'm a germaphobe.

I think it's great your pants fit. But I hear you about the shifting fat areas. I seem to have some shifting happening as well. I think it's par for the course as women age.

well, I made the every hour 6 ounce plan from 10 am until 5:00 pm --- then I ate dinner and forgot to reset the timer. However I did drink a 12 ounce glass of water with dinner so I'm still basically on schedule. I'm sure I will drink at least one more 12 ounce glass before bed. Thats a total of 60 ounces. Still not enough.

You could care alcohol wipes with you and use them before sitting.......... or do the old fashioned "squat" over the pot. Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:25 pm

Good thought on the water. I’ve upped mine as well, I was starting to get low.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:13 pm

Correction --- 72 ounces of water. Should be 100. Maybe tomorrow I will increase that to 8 ounces per hour.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:25 am

Tomi I would take your time upping the water, particularly if its a lot, you will be up peeing a lot in that case.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Or shift your amounts so it is more in the morning and early afternoon and less as it gets closer to bedtime.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:21 pm

Pedidoc wrote:Or shift your amounts so it is more in the morning and early afternoon and less as it gets closer to bedtime.

This! Get it in early and allow yourself to be "drier" closer to bedtime. You still need quality sleep to heal, and there is certainly no reason to fight the meds you are already on for nighttime peeing.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Duh - why didn't I think of that............... Smile

Good day! Even though the bladder kept me up a lot last night I still seem to have a fair amount of energy today! Yeah! My friend A came for an afternoon visit - we watched The Book Club. It was very good!

If I'm feeling this good tomorrow I am going to try to drive to mom's. It is a 30 minute drive. I have not seen her since the 4th of July, and I haven't been to her place since March. A might need picked up A at the car dealership and bring her back here, depending on how much they do and how long it takes. So I will have to check on that first.

I have all the shop book work caught up - except for balancing the account and that can be done just about anytime. Its takes all of 10 minutes. I can do it early in the morning when I first get up.

tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Tomi, being dehydrated will definitely affect your energy too so you’re doing yourself a lot of good getting hydrated.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:28 pm

Taking your advice and trying to get in my water earlier in the day.

Yesterday was a good day! Today seems like it is going to be a good day also. I did stay up a little too late last night watching netflix. Ugh! Sometimes I just don't want to go to bed. But I feel clear headed and have a fair amount of energy - might need to take some Tylenol to shake off this headache. Maybe a shower will help Smile

My belly fat seems to be diminishing a bit. Smile I should have measured when I started - but like the scale its just another thing to frustrate me if I don't see changes.

I made those granola bars. I did everything the same as a recipe except I used cashews instead of almonds. And organic all natural PB instead of almond butter. They turned out awesome. Also, I put the Lily chips in the food processor with the nuts.

Tomorrow is our 17th anniversary!!!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:55 pm

Just checked my fasting blood glucose. 81 Smile I haven't seen a number this low in over a year. Keto is working to fix my messed up body.

I'm falling anywhere between 12 and 50 grams of carbs per day.

I haven't checked urine ketones lately.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:12 pm

I found a FB page for Keto women over 50. I made a post addressing all the "slow losers" -- and WOW - huge response!! 120+ comments and nearly 300 reactions (likes or other such thing). Slow losers tend to hide in the shadows instead of posting the before and after pics. I think taking the weight off slowly is much healthier and WAY more common than taking it off like melted butter. I would love to have it all off by next summer........ boating season, that won't happen for sure. But, even if I'm only a little smaller I will still be happy. Its really about health at this point. Feeling healthy is my goal. Weight loss would be the cherry on top. I'm really hoping for a lot of kayak time next year at the lake.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:08 pm

Slow and steady, I'm of the opinion that losing it too fast brings its own set of complications, including a tendency to regain.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:50 pm

I agree, RigD Smile

Dinner tonight was a throw together "hash". Ground turkey, bacon, yukon gold spud, broc and caul, spinach, bacon grease and colby jack cheese. I made a lot, but only ate 1/2. Hubby was going to bring dinner home, but he had to stay at the shop.

Net carbs 48 today.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 pm

Tomi you sound much better today. Keep up with that water Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Thanks, NM Smile I will certainly do that. But I was up every 2 hours to go pee.

I had an energy dump about 9:30 last night. Total drain, got really hot and nauseous. Fresh cool air helped, hubby sat on the porch with me for a bit. I went to bed early. I hate it when this happens. It feels like my body suddenly weighs 500 pounds! Or the gravity has suddenly increased by 4 fold just where I am sitting. I wish it would stop. I wish I understood it better cuz it scares me. It can happen in matter of minutes. I'm fine and then all the sudden I'm not fine. It makes me scared to leave home by myself. I never know when its going to happen. If I'm driving - that could be dangerous. If I'm in a store, well, that could be embarrassing.

I keep wondering if there is something else going on that my NP hasn't discovered.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:57 pm

Tomi, I totally understand that energy dump feeling. It does not happen too frequently anymore but when it does, I need to nap. I am not certain what causes it either but I think it could be food related or just part of the healing process. You have had a lot of testing the last few years, so hopefully if it was something else, they would have caught it.

Try to keep up the positive thoughts you have had the last few days! You are getting better!
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:51 pm

I know the feeling also.  It is when I have been consistently spending more energy out then I am taking in.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:27 am

I get it too. Taking care of DH somedays is very draining and that drain isn’t always physical. Many times is emotional or mental.

You’ve got this
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Thank you, V, Pedidic and NM. Smile I appreciate that you get it.

My NP says the anti-viral is to ease the burden on my immune system, but it only targets the Epstein-Barr virus. I wish there was something to target all 3 of the viruses. She says the EBV causes the biggest problems if it were to reactivate. The meds that target the cytomegalovirus are cost prohibitive, and insurance doesn't cover it unless you're an organ transplant patient. So - it is what it is. Chronic fatigue will probably stay with me unless I can figure how to boost energy some other way.

I'm going to revisit the idea of CBD oil. I know there is no or very little scientific evidence of efficacy or long term effects. But, for now I'm going to do more research.

I wish Judg was still with us - she had CFS and I would love to talk to her about how she is doing. Maybe there is a FB page where I could talk to people about what they do.

NP says no "exercise" in the conventional sense. She says walking at a comfortable pace, not a brisk pace, and yoga type stuff.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:00 pm

Done some reading on CBD oil in regards to CFS/ME. Need to do much more before asking NP about it. Although I did ask her 9 months ago and she said without comprehensive science to support it she wouldn't suggest it. But I might ask her if she would support my giving it a try. This won't be anytime soon though --- maybe in a year if my energy is still as low as it is now. I am praying for much healing to happen over the coming months. I am noticing an ability to digest foods much better.

Oddly............ when I cut out cashews my BMs went back to near diarrhea. A week ago I started eating them again an I am having much better results in that area. It must have to do with providing "bulk" because I don't seem to be digesting them, they kinda go right through me. I wish I could find a cheaper way to get this result.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:53 am

Happy to hear your digestion is doing better. I’m sure you know being well hydrated helps with digestion too.

Water has so many beneficial things to it, it’s a shame we tend to let that one area slip. It’s kinda like sleep. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next