Tomi found her way - and the quest continues.

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Re: Tomi found her way - and the quest continues.

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:16 pm

Thanks for posting in my thread. It's good to know there are still communities in this country that work really well together to protect their neighborhood. Hate reading about the break-in and theft. That's an added stress that just doesn't have to be. I agree with you, no regards for lowlifes that disrespect others.

tomi1000 wrote:^ that being said - I am concerned that I might not get the weight loss benefits of Keto if I increase my carbs.  But it is what it is.  I won't make myself sick just to try to lose weight.  With my health issues - I might just be stuck at this weight for the rest of my life.  Sad  Rolling Eyes

I want to feel good - period.  And maybe if I can improve my overall health I will be able to resume some form of movement that will burn some calories.  

I totally get your frustration with weight and feeling not at your best. I've read that oftentimes weight won't budge until internal health reaches a sustainable level. My understanding is you've struggled with a seriously harsh physical illness for a long time. However, you're doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing with the protocol and supplements to support your immune system and heal you body.

I'm about 25 pounds overweight. I have several basic things ( controlling carbs, rarely eat over 1700 kcals /day, lots of walking) in place except for my sleep pattern. I have issues going to sleep before 3am. Researching I found this one factor, lack of adequate sleep (body needs adequate time every night to detox), will be enough to keep the weight on for a huge number of people. The body knows what's important and prioritizes what it will currently work on. My guess is this because I'm still overweight.

15 years is a long struggle, but, perhaps the deeper heath issues had not been discovered and addressed during that time. You've got the ball rolling and now it's consistency and patience. You WILL get there because you're staying on track and the body is amazing at healing once it's given what it needs but the body needs time. I think a bigger part of the picture (def for me) is allowing more mind space to relax and not over worry about stuff. Doing things to be loving to yourself exactly where you are over wanting to fit the body into a desired form. Stay positive. You WILL get there in time.

Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:05 pm

Thanks, HFF Smile Yes - I'm going to stay the course for sure. I hope you get the sleep dialed in. I have had really good results from taking tincture of Skullcap. I used to take Valerian also. Skullcap is an anti-anxiety type natural supplement. It really relaxes me and helps my brain shut down (unless I'm really troubled by something). Valerian helps you stay asleep.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Sleep was amazing last night! Bed at 10:15, went right to sleep! Up at 2:00 to pee - barely awake at 6:30 when hubby kissed me goodbye - awake at 9:00! It was heavenly! I actually feel rested today.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Ah, the elusive good night's sleep! Wink I'm glad you had a great night - they're so few and far between.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:47 pm

So pleased for you on the good sleep. It makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it?
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:15 pm

ONTARIO wrote:Ah, the elusive good night's sleep! Wink  I'm glad you  had a great night - they're so few and far between.

Thanks! It is so rare that when it happens I want to dance like nobody's watching! Wink
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:15 pm

Meant2Move wrote:So pleased for you on the good sleep. It makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it?

Boy it sure does! I feel ALIVE for a change! Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Awesome with the sleep.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:12 pm

send some of that sleep my way....
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:42 pm

Pedidoc wrote:send some of that sleep my way....

I sure would if I could figure how! Wink
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:19 pm

Easy peasy fix on the washer pump out thingy! I ordered the part on Amazon and hubby can fix it in a flash! Smile yeah! I was not prepared to buy a new washing machine. The dryer isn't working so great either - but works good enough for now. Maybe we'll get new appliances when we do the remodel? The fridge is pretty new and so is the cooktop -- just need washer/dryer and dishwasher.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:36 am

Sounds like we will now have a rash of washer breakdowns. Smile. Happy to hear yours is an easy fix and replacement not necessary at this time.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:31 pm

Yes, NM - lets hope this is a fix for the long term - at least until we do the remodel in 5 years.

Boy, hubby and I both got sick last night. Right around 3 am we were both nauseous and using the toilet. I really wanted to throw up because I was so nauseous - but didn't. We thought maybe we had eaten something bad for dinner, but we had a friend over for dinner last night and he said he was fine. Then when hubby got to the shop he found out that both our employee's had the same thing and so did some of their family members. My friend A was also sick with this the past 2 days. Very weird............. We're better now. Accept I have zero appetite so will hold off eating for a bit.

Speaking of dinner - I haven't been documenting my daily food intake. Well, at least no here. I do track in MFP. Same as always......... protein drink with coconut milk powder and greens, then a protein with veggies for dinner. Plus fat of several different types and a little carbs.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:58 pm

Feeling better, but still have no appetite. I ate some cashews through out the day, then hubby brought home dinner. I ate about 1/2 of it. Going to bed early for sure!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:00 am

tomi1000 wrote:Sleep was amazing last night!  Bed at 10:15, went right to sleep!  Up at 2:00 to pee - barely awake at 6:30 when hubby kissed me goodbye - awake at 9:00!  It was heavenly!  I actually feel rested today.  
Awesome! My goal is to have more of these in a row. Smile
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:50 am

Hope you feel better when you wake up.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:31 am

Hope the tummy feels better today!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:54 am

Hope you’re feeling better and refreshed.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:46 pm

Thank you all - I do feel better. Not as great as I did after that amazing nights sleep - gosh, that was a wonderful day! Energy is low today. I have my ladies dinner tonight - so will need to conserve what I energy I have for that. It will be a quiet day (so whats new?) I need to decide what I'm going to have for dinner......... I'm leaning towards opening a jar of soup.

Bed at 9:45 last night. Asleep right away. Up 3 times to potty, but the last one could have waited Wink I was more sleep pee'ing than really awake. Haha! I woke up at 8:30. I'm going to adjust what pills I take at bedtime, move them to dinner time - hopefully to go to bed with less water in my tummy. That could help the sleep. I'm only taking 1 pee pill - as it seemed taking 2 didn't really make a difference, and the dry mouth is just horrible with 2 pills.

Its raining Smile The plants need it. We have had a very long, dry summer. I am so thankful for the well - free water (except for power costs). We only use it for irrigation as it has not been tested for buggies. Although - the fish seem to do quite well with it, as we don't put the city water in the pond at all. Too much chlorine and fluoride (do they still put that in municipal water supplies?) We are looking in to getting a pressure tank for the well so we can use it with an in ground sprinkler system. If our dream to RV around the country comes to pass when we retire we will need it.

tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Glad to hear you are feeling better today.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:54 pm

I'm really proud of myself for keeping my diet clean for so long!  I'd like to see better results - but I know they are happening in ways I just can't feel or see yet.  My gut issues were much better before I went keto.  Easing into the higher fat was ok, but going full on at a 70-75% level has messed me up again.  I will get it sorted out somehow.  

Hubby took me for a buggy ride after dinner.  It felt really good to get out in the fresh air.  I didn't want to go cuz my tummy was feeling icky, but he really wanted to go so I mustered up the energy.  I'm really dragging today.  

Feeling kinda down.  I really thought I would be feeling better by now, but its not happening.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:33 am

Hubby is going on his annual guided fishing trip today. He takes the employees and usually one more guy. They go up to Tillamook Bay on the north coast of Oregon. Its a good place to salmon fish. The bay is fairly shallow in the inland areas, but I would guess they will be fishing in the "jaws", what they call the jetty area of the bay. I get nervous when he does this type of thing. My fears........... So I woke up when he was getting ready to go at 3:45 - and I couldn't go back to sleep. It is now 5:35. I will surely need a nap at some point today.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:40 am

Tomi things will happen in their own time. One thing I do know, have experienced and know is true. Stress can cause weight gain (or inhibit loss) even if everything seems to be spot on. You can read about it.

My thoughts are you’ve been facing multiple stressors, some from outside yourself. Getting broken into, Mom issues, the homeless etc and others from within. Constant fret about sleeping, and you gut issues and what you are eating etc. Yes, they do count as stressors even if you don’t think so.

Not sure if you practice mindfulness, or meditation, but I would suggest you start. It might bring down your stress level and allow your body to do it’s thing.

Just some thoughts and things I face myself.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:57 am

Tomi, NM is sharing great wisdom.  What about some gentle stretches or an easy yoga tape  (I found one on Amazon called yoga for people who don't do yoga or something similar)?  Worry about DH (boy do I have experience with that and add 2 sons in the same career), while I do not have the abandonment background, I do know a similar worry.  On top of praying, I know in my heart that DH will do whatever is necessary to come home to me and that if he does not, it was not his choice but God's.  When it is our time to go nothing we do will change that.  It took me a few years to reach relative peace about sending him off to work every day.  Now the day to day no longer bothers me, it is only the unusual (SWAT call out) that makes me have to work at not stressing about what is happening.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:25 pm

I went back to bed at 8:00 and had broken sleep until 2:00. Up and ate some eggs/bacon. Feeling a little nauseous. My energy is at about 40% today.

Thanks, NM and Pedidoc. Yes - I am stressing over things that are out of my control. I woke at 2:00 from a dream about my son. The family had gathered for Thanksgiving and I didn't think he was coming, but I turned around and he was sitting on the sofa. I started crying - he stood up and I hugged him around the waist and cried hard - but he was mostly unresponsive. Just kinda stood there. So - I woke up feeling quite emotional. Not a good day to start the day.

I have been thinking about all the things that I am allowing to steal my joy..............

FEAR - mostly fear.
1. Fear of being alone ...... Fear of never seeing my son again .......... Fear of losing my husband, best friend, soul mate ......
2. Fear of being a burden to hubby due to health issues
3. Fear of never regaining my health and having a "normal" level of energy and functionality

I think, as I'm writing this, my fear is coming from a sense of having NO control of what is happening in my world. At least, not enough to feel like I have a handle on any of it. I can't do anything about what is happening between my son and I right now. And as each day passes the belief that "men leave" grows stronger. Which I suppose is messing with my fears of losing hubby as well. I can work through these feelings if I stop and get out of my emotions and rationalize things. But sometimes, the emotions are too strong. I will really work on this.

I do understand that things will happen as they will and my stressing will not change a single second of that. If hubby is going to leave this world before me - I can't change that.

My health is something else I have little control over. I can't remove the viruses that are sucking the energy out of me. I CAN - eat properly, get enough sleep, and try to move as my body and energy will allow. I feel like I have a terminate illness - although - I understand the viruses themselves cannot kill me. I do have a chronic health condition - I don't think I have yet accepted this fact. I do try to do the mindfulness thing. Each night when I go to bed I turn on the "sleep music" and I empty my brain. I listen to my breathing and my heart beating. I can almost always fall to sleep within minutes now that I have been working on this for several months. I really should start the day doing this in some form. I have been wanting to start doing a yoga type thing, but when I have enough energy to want to do anything I usually focus on doing chores around the house and getting to the bank or store. I forget to do things that are good for my body. I will work on this.

I probably have more stress happening "beneath the surface" than what I am consciously aware of.

I want to thank you for your honesty and trying to help me "see" myself. And for your patience. Honestly - what is happening in both your world's is far more stressful than my own. It is my childhood damage that is causing all my emotional troubles now. I thought I had worked through it all - but I see I have more to do. Time to start using the tools my counselor taught me.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next