Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Re: Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:29 pm

Not to worry. Other than dinner out with my brother on Tues, I have done nothing. Well, I’ve read and just did the most minimal of check in I had to do with work.

This morning I did not get out of bed before 9. Took the dog out, made breakfast and I’m checking in here. I do have the forgotten hair appt reschedule for 12:30 today. Depending on how I feel after, I may go check in on the folks.

I have not seen Dad since Friday and emotionally I could just not go, so I’ve been following what my body feels is right. It’s a mixed bag though as I miss him and I don’t want to miss opportunities to at least check on him.

It’s easier with Mom since I can just talk on the phone with her and know she’s ok.

The good news is Dad was approved for another week of insurance covered care at the rehab place. Hopefully the new med will help with his sleep and OCD and actual rehab can take place this week, so that next weeks review will go as well.

I have some paperwork to take care of for Brian and still a few things that have not come through yet. I also need to hit the post office and mail a few things.

I don’t have anything else on the agenda. I’m trying hard to balance relaxation with things I have to do. I’m keeping the evenings to myself.

Last night was a birthday dinner for DS’s BIL who will be headed back home on Sat. I decided I wasn’t going. I stayed home. DS understood. Not in the moood. So while it may seem like I’m not caring for myself, I am. Maybe not enough, but I am.

Well as I completed that last sentence the phone rang, it was my SIL. That was hours ago and as I type now. Mom is back in the ER. The nurse came to drain her but her BP was 84/60, so they called the Dr and she had to go over to the ER. Haven’t heard results yet.

I did go get my hair cut, but did not go get dad. I’m back home. Now I need lunch.

Will update later.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:03 pm

I am glad you are caring for yourself. I just wish things were better with your parents. Big hugs.
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:05 pm

So sorry the stresses continue NM.
A ray of hope for your dad.
I hope all is okay with your mom.
{{Hugs}}
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:17 pm

I'm glad you are taking care of you. Really, I am!

Your mom - have the figured out what is going on? Is she okay now? That BP is definitely cause for concern. She's gone through a lot in the last while.

Your dad - don't beat yourself up about missing a visit with him. I can imagine that visiting him requires a lot of patience and effort being that he is the way he is now. And you're still healing so your emotions are probably not in the best place to be piling more on your plate.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:40 pm

{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:56 pm

Thanks everyone.

So here’s the update. My Bro and SIL took Mom over to the ED they haven’t drained anything yet, but are supposed to do so and get her dry, then send her home tomorrow. She was obviously admitted.

DB got a bit testy with the Dr and the cavalry came. They took full responsibility for Monday’s issue with not having the orders there properly. Also her BP was much better at the hospital and pretty steady. Thinking the cuff they tried to use was too big and the BP not accurate as she was fine, no lightheaded ness even on standing. So, I have a peds cuff here, due to DH and mix up that was sent one time. We are going to try that cuff for her as she is tiny.

Hopefully Monday will bring better results in getting her drained at the home.

No idea about Dad. I’ve stayed away from that, but no phone calls either.

Going to relax for the evening. Need about 2500 steps to complete my day.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:37 pm

So sorry that troubles just keep piling on. Keep taking care of you. 

I feel a bit harsh saying this, but your dad likely doesn't know if you are there are not, so do not beat yourself up about that. Visit when you can and have the energy, but save yourself first. 

Big hug!!!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:35 am

I agree with M2M about dad.

And you, keep taking care of you as best you can.

Amazed at your step continuation.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:38 am

Good morning all

Sleep 6h 18m, 53m awake, 1h 30m REM, 3h 40m Light, 1h 8m deep
Feel pretty good overall. Took some theanine last night.

This morning I deleted an app my brother had shown me. A game that was far too addicting. It’s gone.

Called Dad’s place and they said he must have slept last night because he was in his room and not out by the nurses station. Found out, not yesterday but I’m guess before the med, he had thrown some of his food trays on the floor. Hopefully the sleep will help and the new med is helping with that situation. They mentioned he does have a small bed sore on his backside. I gave the ok, to use the meds to treat it.

Tried to reach mom, but she must be in the bathroom, or they have her somewhere to drain her as no answer.

Since I am feeling a lot more stable today, I want to get to stuff that’s got put aside this week. I also have to pick DD up later as she returns from her trip.

Then I need that post office run that never happened, yet.

Have a great day all
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:19 am

Have a good day, NM.
You still sound too busy, but I'm glad you are feeling in a better place
{{ Hugs }}
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:12 pm

Today was pleasant. I did get a few things done that needed doing and made the post office.

Picked up DD after her trip and will meet her in just over an hour as she has to drop her car off for inspection before she heads back on Sunday. She could do it there, but there is also a recall, so we want that taken care of.

Will call Mom shortly she is supposed to be home, but its her dinner time now.

After getting DD we will relax. Some things I’d like to tackle tomorrow, but we will see how it goes.

Need about 1700 steps to finish off today. They will happen

Food was much better today.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:13 am

Glad to hear you sounding a little brighter, NM. Enjoy time with your DD.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:14 am

Oh good, I'm so glad you are doing well, considering this set of concerns. Hope the new BP cuff gives accurate readings and better results. So sorry to read about your father. I know how that goes as well. Big hug to you and I hope you get tiny respites often throughout these days.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:59 am

Glad to hear you had a pleasant day. Now to add onto that every day. One hopes for you.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 am

Sleep 8h3m, 54m awake, 1h 33m REM, 5h 29m Light, 1h 1m deep

Not quite as rested today, but a longer sleep, hmmm

Thank you everyone. Hoping for a pleasant day again today.

We are supposed to get some white stuff today. Xing my fingers they are wrong.

DD has her grocery shopping to get done, we will have to pick up her car later and she’s hitting the gym. Then laundry and prep for her to leave tomorrow.

Me, I want to get a few things accomplished, like my own files and pulling together the tax stuff. Then, if I can get that all ready to go, I will plan a vaca to FL. However, that stuff has to be done first or I won’t relax.

Not sure I mentioned I dropped a brand new 54oz tub of CO on my foot the other day. And of course the lid it what hit. My foot is still sore and I now have a bruise in the inside right below the joint where the big toe meets the foot. Ouch. Hurting worse today, weird after 2 days.

I also need to clean bathrooms, as yup been a week. Where does the time go. Plant watering and dusting also in order. Those are simple mindless tasks so no worries about them, they just need completed.

If I have time, I also need to pick up some potting soil as I have plants from the funeral that really need to get into pots if I’m going to be able to keep them. Just have to find the dirt as it’s not out in the couple places I checked so far.

Hope everyone has a great day, check back in later.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:55 pm

Ouch on the toe! At least 4 pounds of mass! That's a tough digit holding it's own. Turmeric or curcumin may help tone down the ache and swelling if on hand.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Sleep 7h7m, 46m awake, 1h 26m REM, 4h 50m Light, 51m Deep
Last night was aweful. Went to bed when I was tired but could not fall asleep. Ended up getting up and getting some Theanine, and finally after an hour went out. Wasn’t thinking about anything particular so I don’t know why.

HFF - I take Tumeric on a daily basis. Smile. Maybe I’ll take an extra.

Yesterday I did get get dirt and repotted most of the plants. I forgot about one and need another pot. Watered the others.

Did a bunch of work stuff yesterday too. Just have to send the W2-to the Feds and Work payroll tax stuff will be done

Today DS came over to see DD before she headed back, then upgraded my headlights in my car. He had gotten me brighter and LED bulbs for my car for Christmas and installed them today.

Then a friend from ALS came to get a bunch of supplies for his wife that they can use and have to pay for. I was thrilled to get them out of the house and into that hands of someone that can use them. We sat and chatted for a bit.

After he left I attacked my files and I’m set up for 2019. Another things off the plate.

Now I just need to add up the stuff for my 2018 taxes and I’m good to go. Plus pull the box of recipts I have and get those in with the other 2018 stuff.

Tomorrow I have to hit UPS, grocery shop and maybe visit the folks.

Tonight I will start a new knitting project and just chill.

I’m trying to get a new schedule together for what needs doing and how to split up my time to get things done. Evenings, for now are reserved for relaxation/knitting/etc.

It’s been a good day and food has been ok too. Not that there were not any lapses, but in general I am doing much better than I had been.

Hopefully I can get the folks on stable ground for a bit and I can make some progress here.

Goal is to get the rest of the closet that held DH’s supplies emptied out. I’m really thinking of making that room a craft room. Move my weaving loom, sewing machine, and then supplies into the cupboard that held DH’s stuff. There is room enough in there, if I actually get a quilt top together to set up the quilt frame. And I’d like to get another jigsaw puzzle going and there is room for the card table to hold the puzzle board. All of that is a way aways just yet.

Taking it one day and one project at a time. Small chunks and babysteps.

We did get a little of the white stuff. About 1.5-2 inches depending how the wind blew. Not bad.

Have a great night all

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:43 am

Sounds like some great plans to come along in 2019. Lots of wonderful ideas.

Love how you describe two inches of snow as "a little", we'd be describing that as snow, meaning associated disruption to follow.

Wishing you a great start to the week!
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:50 am

Sleep 7h 31m 56m awake, 55m REM, 4h 55m light, 1h 41m deep
Was tired when I woke, but thinking it was the theanine. Took it about 45m before bed to see if that helped. I did go to sleep faster.

AT - snow is all about perspective. Pam would probably call what we got a dusting. Smile. Those further south would be greatly put out.

I did start a new knitting project last night and it’s coming along nicely.

Heading out to Mom’s, then Dad’s, then grocery here in a few minutes.

Will catch up later.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:26 am

I also take tumeric daily. I started when the bleeding was going on. Apparently not only is it good for inflammation it's especially good for uterine health.

I like the idea of a craft room. It will be nice to just be able to shut the door if you have a crafting mess going in the middle of a project. It will also be nice to be able to leave things out as you work on things.

Please keep the snow to yourself. Wink

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:44 am

Your planned projects sound wonderful! I need to follow your lead and try to start doing some hobbies myself. My sister showed me a beautiful scarf she was knitting (via skype) and it made me really want to learn to knit. I could make my step-Ds scarves for Christmas. Smile I also think taking the space that was occupied by DHs supplies and turning it into a space that is tranquil and pleasing/relaxing/productive will be good for your healing and transition to what is to come.

I hope you have a wonderful day!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:41 pm

Ontario the snow is mostly gone for the moment and I don’t really want anymore back. However, I heard there is supposed to be a big storm coming over the weekend GRRRR. I’m talking 12-18” big. We will see if it actually happens.

I’m really liking the idea of that being a craft room, however there is still a lot of cleaning that needs to happen and still plenty of supplies that need moved out.

I did clean out one drawer of the tool cart we used next to the bed to house supplies for bedside. The I saw his glasses sitting on top. Ok, I was done and left the room.

I went to Mom’s and we (well the nurse) successfully drained her this morning. YEAH! Then my SIL picked her up later in the day to get her blood test for the Coumadin. She was thrilled she could zip her winter coat.

After visiting with Mom, went up to see Dad. He’s better than he was, but not back to his baseline. Spoke with the therapist and she said he was really alert and attentive to task today, so that is an improvement. I’m sure the Abx for the UTI are part of it and sleeping from the Seraquel the other.

Brought home Dad’s laundry and the xxl sheet from Mom’s bed to wash. Will take them back Thurs. Mom wants me to come while she gets drained again.

After I left there I hit the grocery and Walmart. Finally made it home around 2. Had a very late lunch so no dinner tonight.

Then I finished getting receipts moved to the 2018 box. I said, ok enough work for today and went back to my knitting.

Took a break to come visit the tribe.

Steps are already done for today. The streak continues. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Great productivity! I teared up when I read about DH's glasses. I never met him or your family and yet I feel like I know you all very well from your writing.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam Yesterday at 4:19 am

+1. It is those little things that catch up with you.

Glad you were able to visit your parents.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger Yesterday at 4:53 am

Great news for me re the draining and coat.
Glad dad is improving.

Those reminders will creep up on you while you least expect but at this stage it could be considered surprising they are not more frequent.
Still, great work on what you accomplished in the room. Bit by bit will soon begin showing obvious changes.

Steps: fab work as always.

Hoping for a great day for you.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next