Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:39 am

LB - good catch. I LOL’d and had to scroll back and see I actually made that blunder. Smile

Sleep 7h 19m, 55m awake, 1h 13m REM, 4h 44m Light, 1h 22m deep
Woke in the middle of the night, not just to potty, kept me up a bit, not sure why.

Church today and then I hope to attack something else, probably M&D financial stuff, and maybe clean something, then relax and hopefully knit.

I didn’t end up knitting as the 2 shows I watched, I needed to actually really watch and not half watch. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:17 am

Have a great day. Out of curiosity if you could have any vacation, retreat, renewal time/place what would it be?
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:15 am

Sleep 6h 32m, 48m awake, 1h 38m REM, 3h 33m light, 1 h 21m deep

Stayed up to watch the end of the hockey game that started an hour later, I’m feeling it this morning. Smile

Pedi - that’s a really good question. I love to camp, so I think somewhere woodsy that I could hike/walk and connect with nature sounds really good. I’ve also thought a lot about something like a Primal retreat with good food prepared and exercise thrown in etc. I’m not a big beach person, but I do love the water, just not the sand.

Yesterday got a bit disrupted but I got done, most of what I wanted to do. I did do M&D’s finances that needed doing. I also got their file cabinet cleaned out. I still need to make new file labels, as I will file things a bit differently than they did. It will feel good to have it organized to my taste.

My SIL stopped by with the paperwork from Mom’s discharge, so I now have a copy. We had a good chance to chat for a bit, so that ate into my day a bit, but I do need to reconnect.

Today’s plans are payroll - however, it’s on hold for the moment. My home connection to the time clock is messed up as our router at work apparently reset. Waiting on a call from my BIL w/the new IP so I can log in. The rest I can do here at home, but I need the time sheets.

I took the dog out and jogged a little, then came home and got on the TM for another 15 min to finish out my exercise for the day. Tossed in a couple of 30 sec jogs there too. Then some quick stretching.

I also need to go to the bank today for me. I have a couple of checks that HAVE to be deposited. I also want to get the labels on M&D’s files. Then I need to clean out my own files and get those re-organized. And I have some Thank you’s that need written for stragglers with condolences.

So I have a good slate of things to take care of today.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:29 am

Wow your 2019 is certainly launching with a lot of things needing to be addressed. I hope it is a great year for you.
Rig D
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:47 am

Thanks Rig. Unfortunately I don’t see the parental things getting easier this year. Probably just more complex. The good news is my DB wants me to be selfish a bit after all the years I’ve been through with DH. Don’t know how long that will last, and my own make up won’t let me lie still either.

I’ll feel better once I’ve gotten the house sorted. So many things that were let go while all this was going on. It’s going to take time to tackle it all. It will happen and I’m not rushing, just taking it one day at a time.

Have a great day all - off to do payroll BIL called.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:11 am

At least with your parents situations you have extended family that is also responsible to help so that should be better for you despite the fact that you won't "lie still".

I think a primal retreat would be awesome! Honestly, you should do that for yourself. Do ONE thing for YOU.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:48 am

Yea, where is this primal retreat? I may join you.

Being outside in nature is so important to reconnect with yourself. I hope you find a place suitable to tackle an adventure of that nature.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:33 am

perennialpam wrote:Yea, where is this primal retreat?  I may join you.  

Being outside in nature is so important to reconnect with yourself.  I hope you find a place suitable to tackle an adventure of that nature.  

Yes, do tell! Very Happy I only know of/found paleo/primal retreats in Costa Rica and in the UK. There ought to be more, especially in the US, however they may advertise using different names. Ofcourse there are plenty of places that offer activities all over the world.. it's the food offerings that seal the deal. Wink
Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:04 pm

I hope you have a great day! I know the daily steps is what you have always done "for you" -- but I would love to see you adding to that. You seem to spend so much of your time and energy doing for others and giving of yourself in so many ways. Its time to nurture YOU - something that you have not been able to do for so many years!

How about: Take a weekend and get away to someplace that really brings joy and peace to your soul!

OR, have a spa day with your daughter or a close friend?

Make it a priority to do something each week that is totally selfish and self-nurturing. You so deserve it and you need it.
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:41 pm

Thank you everyone. As to the Primal retreat, the only one I’ve seen is the one LB mentioned in Costa Rica. Haven’t spent much time looking for that yet, but thought maybe there could be one sometime in the furture.

There is a state park about 2 hours from here, that I wanted to take DD to last spring before her summer classes. You can rent a Yurt, so I wouldn’t have to lug the tent, and it has heat, so DD would not have to complain about the cold at night. Otherwise, pretty much just a tent. Anyway, there are lots of hiking trails there. I’m hoping she will have a week break again and we could do that together. I’ll take our food and since DD is primal too, no worries with that.

Actually I hope to get to FL to visit my friends there, either Feb or March, esp since the trip there last June was less than relaxing.

Well, I finished up M&D’s file cabinet, did the payroll, visited with my neighbor, went to the bank, stop at walmart for Dog stuff and couple of other items. Didn’t get to my own files. There is always tomorrow for that. I also read for 30 in and I practiced my Spanish.

I’m trying to do Duolingo everyday to get my Spanish up to speed. I’m hopeful DD and I can go to Honduras next Christmas to DDIL’s family home. I’d like to be able to converse a bit more in their native language. This is something I’ve tried to do over the years, but always ended up getting put aside. Now I’m trying to make it a priority.

Tomorrow I have to mail a few things, and I have a hair appt late in the day. And some of the neighbors want me to come down to the clubhouse for Bunco. Never played and know nothing about it. A google search coming up to learn a little. I may go down and watch and learn tomorrow. That’s tomorrow evening.

Food wise it’s been a decent, but different day. Just mixed things up a bit.

Off to the Dollar store for some readers, down to my last pair. Then I will relax and knit.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:05 pm

It sounds as if you are starting to sort out a life for yourself, which is wonderful!  So great to see you planning ahead for possible getaways and even just that you are getting out a bit each day to tackle things as the need or want arises. I know you still have lots of challenges and much to process, but I am so happy for the degree of freedom you now have.

Hugs!
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:02 pm

Not a retreat but I always thought the conference sounded good PaleoFx
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:20 pm

I love to hear of all the possibilities for travel coming up! Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:03 am

Keeping busy I see.

You are amazing, NM.

I hope you enjoy your "game playing" at the clubhouse. If you do not end up liking Bunco perhaps they play other games occasionally.

And dreams of getaways are always nice. Something to look forward to puts a spring in your steps.

perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:25 am

Thank you everyone

Sleep 8h 4m, 46m awake, 1h 35m REM, 5h 41m Light 48m deep
Not enough deep, but feeling ok this morning.

I thought of PaleoFX and BurningMan, yes both conferences, but who knows, something for the far future there.

I did go last night and picked up and OK pair of readers. I just wanted a spare something just in case. Don’t you know, last night I found them pair I thought I lost. Had fallen in my PJ drawer Smile

I did knit a bit last evening too. So close with this one project. I need to get it off the needles, I’m ready to move on to the next one.

Heading out to the shop to drop off and pick up, will take the dog for a ride.

Then home to do whatever work is handed to me and then I want to do my files and get those sorted. Then I can put tax stuff together.

Post office run needs done as well. I can do that on the way or way back from the office.

Not feeling like visiting the folks today, so may put that off for tomorrow. I’m so burnt of being in the caregiver role it’s a tough go. With Mom it’s not so bad as we talk on the phone. Dad though can’t so that one is harder.

Have a great day all
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:37 am

If I remember, your friends are in Chipley Fl, that's pretty much out of the way of the snowbird crowd, but I recommend you avoid a Feb. visit as the weather will not be the best. On the other hand, it should be quiet and relaxing. I'd vote for March or April, March would be pushing it if you want to try for a beach visit, that water will be really cold from the winter.
Rig D
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:20 pm

Well yesterday went to heck in a hand basket. The trip to the office was the worst one yet. It really hit me when I got home. It was DH’s pride and joy. Waterfall ensued.

Just as I was getting over that, had a call from Dad’s care facility that they may not be able to take him back telling me he was pulling his foley out and insurance may not approve him if he’s not improving.

DB spoke with the rehab and they are doing another culture for a new UTI, as he was completely different than over the weekend when we all saw him at different times.

Also spoke with the PCP that is at the facility before finding out about the possible new UTI to see if we could get the foley out before his appt w/urology on the 24th. He’s OCD and he will obsess over it until it’s gone.

So many calls. Then DB and SIL stopped by after seeing Dad and said he was a mess. Then we went out to dinner. Missed my hair appt as I completely forgot through all the mess going on.

This morning I spoke with the Social Worker and the Psych Dr. We have plan, lets hope it works. Changing up some meds to try and get him some good quality sleep, and hopefully deal better with the OCD issues. Good new is I expressed to the Dr that we are not looking for miracles and are willing to take the risks with psychotropics to keep him comfortable and give him the best quality of life for what he has left. That I know, put him at ease.

It’s been a rough 24 hours. I’m done, I’m just cooked. I just can’t deal with all of this right now, on top of what I’ve just been through.

Food has been less than ideal in the last 24-48 hours as well. Dinner actually was good as it was a steak place, so steak and salad. Can’t say about the oils, but...

Have a great day all.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:21 pm

Oh, vacation - not looking to go to the beach, just chill away from all the hubbub here and enjoy the company of friends. Heck, it will be warmer than here, that’s a plus. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:55 pm

I'm so sorry - from one hurricane to another. The watershed of tears was difficult I'm sure - but necessary. You must grieve - you must feel it. Sounds harsh, but it is true. And with all the crazy stuff happening in your world, you need the emotional outlet. Crying is good. If your feeling angry - get a baseball bat and an old pillow or couch cushion - and beat the bloody hell out of it! Sounds weird - but it works. (I've done it) Find things that help you find your place of peace. I turn on soft classical music when I need to calm my nerves.

Praying for you...........
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:53 pm

Oh my dear lady, I’m praying for you and your family. So glad you have DB in the trenches with you now, hope that helps.
The Walrus
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:08 pm

The breakdowns will happen at the wonderous of times. After my sister passed from a long bout with leukemia and she failed a bone marrow transplant and passed, I saw the word Angel in the license plate ahead of me or a post on the back.....I burst out and it has been a very long time. I just felt like it was my sister poking me....a connection.

So perhaps you had a connection too at the shop.

Sorry about the dad issues. You know so much.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:35 pm

NM, I am so sorry that the world is not at least slowing down for you to catch your breath. i hope you are able to go somewhere for a little peace. If people are willing to take more of the burden on your parents, please let them. You need some time to care for yourself.

Yout and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:07 pm

Great to read that your DB wants you to take a big break. I know that your strong sense of family and love will push you to keep going with responsibilities towards your folks, however, I agree with suggestions to let others take on more than you. Without your strength you cannot help as well as you could. Make you a priority as much as possible these days.

I'm keeping you in thoughts and prayer that your load lightens soon. Huggs!!

Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:07 pm

NM, I worry about you. The moments are to be expected, as you need to grieve. Unfortunately, with the mom and dad issues, you are not able to take the time you need to sort yourself out. I really wish you would take a few days and focus on just you. I feel like your energy stores are running low and you need to recharge. I am praying and sending thoughts of strength your way.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:53 am

+1 to Pedidoc's post.
Rig D
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down