Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Re: Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:39 am

Good Morning Tribe

Sleep 6h 43m, 38m awake, 1h 30m REM, 4h 5m Light, 1h 8m Deep

Well I think I spoke too soon, my sleep pattern last night was similar to before, although a lot less awake time which was huge. But deep was at the beginning and REM at the end again. Will be interesting to see how it goes moving forward.

Rig when we first moved here, I got Cable for DH and used an antena for me. Mostly because we watched TV together and what the heck did I need a box for that would just sit there and cause me money. I did ok with channels, but mostly I don’t watch networks, other than FB or hockey, in the summer American Ninja warrior and AGT. I don’t even know what’s on the networks.

That’s where the rub comes in the shows I would and do watch are all cable ones. That’s where sling would come in, if needed. Probably after I made it through all the episodes that some of the channels have on Netflix.

My biggest problem is hockey. Of course my team is one of the very few that you absolutely cannot watch any other way but through a specific channel on cable. However the app does have a radio button, so I could just listen. I usually knit while watching anyway, so don’t see all the plays.

Maybe I will work on tv issue on Monday. And the cell line too.

Today I will head to see Dad and join him for his buildings Christmas party this afternoon. Will stop and see mom first.

I also need to stop and get coffee and I want to hit the local yarn shop for a gift for a friend.

Yesterday and the day before I got DDIL and DS’s gifts ordered. Now to do DD. Waiting until she leaves this morning, as I don’t want her sneaking up over my shoulder.

I will get DS to help me pull the tree up from the basement and get that up while DD is away. She wanted to decorate last night, but we were both too tired. There is so much stuff here.

Time to check the other journals and get moving.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:55 am

Good Morning, NM. I'd like to see some "me time" on the list. I fear you are go, go, go and not totally processing everything that has changed. Of course, I could be entirely wrong as this is based only on reading your posts and everyone processes differently.

That being said, enjoy the day with your parents.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:05 am

Pedi there will be plenty of me time.

Going to the yarn shop among them. I’ve been wanting to get there for ages, but their open times and my free times have not lined up.

After the Christmas party, it will be just me. DD will be back at school, our friend won’t be back until late this evening, so I can just sit and be me.

Tomorrow I will go to church, the first time in years. That will be very precious me time. Then the rest of tomorrow is open. Nothing on the agenda.

I will sit and process. However, not unlike you, when there are things hanging over my head I need to get them cleared before I can really relax and be. Since those are now basically done, I can move forward with relaxing.

Thank you for caring about my mental state. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:06 pm

So good to read about your new activities! It’s like a Christmas present for me!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:15 pm

Glad to hear NM. Enjoy your outings.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:31 pm

Good afternoon all,

Sleep 7h 12m, 53m awake, 44m REM, 5h 8m light, 1h 20m deep.

Not enough REM but I’m feeling ok today.

I did get up and go to church, that was awesome. So good to see everyone and get my spirit filled up.

Just had some lunch. Now I plan to walk a bit then chill.

I do want to search a few things. I cannot find the title to Brian’s van. I have someone interested. So very crazy. I keep those in a special place and every other one is there but that one. And I can’t find the bill of sale either. That’s really weird because I found every bill of sale for every car we ever owned but that one. So I have to go on a hunt. So very crazy.

But I’ll probably knit some as well.

Also trying to think about how I want to arrange things too. I know there’s time, but I like to formulate a plan and roll it over in my brain for a while before making changes.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:48 pm

Just a suggestion........... check the glove box (or whatever its called in your area). Hubby would have stuck it in the glove box and forget about it Smile I hope you find it - having missing things drives me absolutely nuts!

I'm so glad you were able to go to church! Enjoy your "me time".
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:05 pm

It sounds to me as though you got it out for some reason that you have forgotten. Funny coincidence that both the title and bill of sale are missing. It is easy for this sort of thing to slip your mind - if you haven't found it already, think back and maybe remember why you would have needed those documents. BUT I hope you have already found it!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Did you have a place where you kept all things pertaining to DH? Did you include it in the year you bought it's income tax file if you took it as a deduction?
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:10 pm

Thanks all. Found the bill of sale and loan doc. Now I will see if I have the satisfaction letter for the loan. That’s next to hunt for, based on those results, I may call the bank and make sure they closed the loan. It could be we never got the title for some odd ball reason.

I would not need the title for anything, so it should be in with the others. Never kept those in the glove box. As long as I can find the loan letter, I can order a new title if need be. A pain, but possible. Haven’t given up yet.

We bought the van in 2009.

I have done basically nothing today and it’s felt wonderful. Watching FB and will knit shortly.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Glad you found the bill of sale. Good for you doing nothing!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:31 am

Glad you found the bill of sale too.

I was wondering if there had been a time you were considering selling it to someone and got the paperwork together and then things fell through or you decided you should not sell yet.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:31 am

NM, you've been in my thoughts these last few days and it's with sadness I read the news.  I am so so sorry to read of his passing.   You've been through so much and witnessing your amazing love and strength displayed since he took sick has been incredible.  I offer my deepest condolences and love to you and your son and daughter.   Give it all to God to carry you through this and may peace and comfort envelope you during this painful time.  

I'm glad you're checking in and posting so we can see how you're doing and can offer our support.  
Big long tight hug for you, dear lady.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:14 am

Here's hoping the title turns up with a little more looking. When found will you have to get new ones issued anyway in your name?
I'm happy to hear you made it to church and it was good. As you get back into circulation, you may find the church has some small groups that will be of interest.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:40 am

Narrowminded wrote:

I have done basically nothing today and it’s felt wonderful. Watching FB and will knit shortly.

^^^ THIS! I am soooo happy to hear this. Very Happy

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:00 am

Well sleep was goofy. Woke around 3ish and was up for over an hour.

Sleep 7h 26m, awake 1h 7m, REM 1h 19m, Light 4h 50m, Deep 1h, 17m

When I woke the two things I’m missing kept going through my brain. After checking the folder for the van, that had the bill of sale, I’m still not sure we even took a loan. I can’t remember ever making payments. Now I have to try and dig through banking stuff to try and figure that out. I will be digging through the one box again. After payroll that is.

I think if I can get those things figure out I’ll sleep better again.

HFF thank you so very much. Yes, it is all in God’s hands.

Rig - we have a very small church, so no small groups other than a ladies Bible study that meets 1x a month. I would like to get back to that at some point.

Never did knit. Our friend got back from his day out and we chatted a bit before bed. He is going to attempt to leave today, but he’s headed to eastern TN. Weather isn’t so great that direction.

Well off to get my work started. Will catch up more later.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:45 pm

It might be easier to just go to DMV and apply for a lost title replacement. I think all you need is the registration.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:11 pm

Good news, I found the title! This time I completely emptied the box and there is was. Praising God that is one thing off of my plate.

Now I have to make a call tomorrow to double check on something in regards to that policy I received a letter about. Then that one can get in the mail and be done.

I finished my payroll and other work stuff. I do have some other things for work that need to happen, but none of those a immediate. They are more maintainance things.

I did put a dent in the Thank you’s but a ton left to go. Got another delivery today from Harry and David. I’m going to turn into a pear. Smile

Need just under 2000 steps for today.

Tomorrow I plan to stop in at work, that might be harder than I think, we will see. Then, you guessed it, more thank you’s

I also hope to visit a friend tomorrow too. Big plans, little time.

Have a great evening all.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:42 pm

You seem to be doing pretty well - from what I can tell from what you write. I can understand how going in to work could prove to be a bit difficult. Deep breath!

I hope this doesn't sound bad - but I'm sure the freedom you now have to come and go as you please brings a bit of pleasure to your day. Maybe just makes everything feel a bit lighter.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:08 pm

I am glad you are getting things settled and found the title. Put the woman's bible study on your calendar. Hope you get to knit and that you sleep better tonight.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:26 am

Hi NM. So good to read your journal and the new items that are taking up your attention.

Glad you found that title. I am the same when something important is on my mind I can't sleep well.

Have a good week and do not rush into work until you feel prepared.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:35 am

Yay on finding the title!

I like Pedidoc's suggestion of putting the Bible study on your calendar. That way you don't accidentally schedule other things at that time.

I am glad that you are seeming to balance the things that need to be done and with some you time. People will understand if the Thank You notes take a while.
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:40 am

Good Morning all,

Sleep 7h 15m, 56m awake, 1h 34m REM, 4h 31m light, 1h 10m deep

Feeling ok this morning, but was up a few times to potty. Letting out inflammation again from wrong foods over the past week.

It’s interesting, I now can leave the house whenever I please, but I can’t think of a place I want to go. Smile. That’s good for the finances though, but I do have some Christmas shopping to finish and such. No desire, but nothing I need to ‘get a break’ from either.

I won’t be staying at work. Just popping in to pick up work to do here. Have to start desensitizing myself. Also, trying to train the puppy for me being away. Other than 2 hospital stays for DH, he has never been in the house alone in his 5.75 years.

When I got home from church on Sunday he was shaking. So this is going to take work on both of our parts.

I have a phone call to make today, well 2 actually and then DS is coming this afternoon for my WO. We will also set a price for the van and I can let my friend know. Oh, 3 calls, have to check if we have to transfer the title twice to make the sale.

And I need to work on Thank you’s. I need to get those out of my hair.

I’d better get moving.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:56 pm

Ah, NM, you are doing so well. Picking up the threads that have had to be let go for so long. As time goes by may you settle into a fresh groove.

Your poor puppy, she is adjusting along with you.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:13 pm

New habits, new routines...takes some time! So glad you found the title.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next