Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Re: Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:23 am

In the scheme of things, that was not a "down" post.  Hope your day goes well.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:26 am

Thank you Pedi. It felt down to me. Smile

Better get moving, lots to do since it’s a payroll weekend. uggg
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:16 am

I agree with Pedi, not a down post at all. Just listing whatever is going on in your world and the occasional rant (not now though). That's what journals are for, sharing what's on your mind. Smile

I've been meaning to share this with the (sleep) tracker babes; you/Pedi/M2M/TW and anyone else that's interested:

https://ouraring.com/stages-of-sleep/

Should probably post it somewhere more visible... as it will get buried here soon enough. Cool

Good luck with your busy weekend.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:21 pm

NM,

I think that was more honest than down. I hope payroll went quickly and was painless!
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Thanks V. It took a while as I had to update the healthcare info. Ours starts in Dec. Then I could run payroll. Not too bad. Had some other things to do for work, but the FB game was on and DH was watching that while I was semi-watching and doing work.

Day has been going better today. Hopefully we are past the hump and things will continue to improve.

Food was very good today, so that’s a plus.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:37 am

Sleep 8h 7m, 1h 1m awake, 2h 4m REM, 4h 18m light, 1h 45m deep

Not bad. Feeling ok at the moment. Still a little tired, but that could have to do with getting used to the Celexa.

Started my day with my hash and coffee w/CO. Went full caf this morning as it seemed to help yesterday.

Man my back is really tight from the exercises DS had me doing on Friday. Hopefully I’ll find time for some yoga today to loosen it up.

Have to do DH’s bath and that should be interesting when moving is difficult. Smile

I think lunch will be a left over burger from last night and I have to figure out what dinner will be.

I’d also like to get my hash made into a casserole as I have done in the past. Then I can just scoop, heat and eat. Makes mornings so much more doable.

Have a great day all
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:10 am

Hope your day goes well.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:24 am

Fully caffeine based coffee is IMO the only way to go. Your breakfast hash casserole idea sounds like a real winner.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:42 am

Sleep 7h 28m, 1h 1m awake, 1h 28m REM, 4h 47m light, 1h 13m deep

Not as good as yesterday. Woke twice to use the bathroom. Getting rid of inflammation is always good and always a pain. Smile

I think I figured out part of my back issue. My little dog jumps up on the bed at night and the past 2 nights has wanted to sleep at the small of my back. I think that’s part of it. Tonight, if he gets up, he’s getting moved to the other side.

Day went ok, busy though with DH. Had some stuff that needed doing for him, with leaks and such.

Didn’t get my casserole made. Maybe today?

Yesterday lunch ended up being keto pancakes and bacon, which
I had leftovers of for breakfast today.

Dinner was leftover burger, oven fries, apple and keto mug cake.

Got the laundry done as well, some of it is hanging, so that needs moved this morning and put away.

I also learned something from my Versa. When my Charge 3 arrived, was when I attempted getting back on all clean eating. My resting HR was about 63-68. However, w/ life etc, I got back off track right about the time I switched to the Versa. My RHR jumped to the 70’s and was landing about 77. Ok, not good. I also had had some wheat and dairy and sugar in the mix. Embarassed

Well the past two days have been completely clean, and don’t ya know my RHR is back down. So, for me, I now have a new way to see if something I’m eating is not agreeing with me. If my RHR goes up, better dump the offending food. It was really interesting to note.

My MIL will be here today and I need to finish up payroll and work on some other work stuff. So I’d better get moving.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:53 am

Glad your change resulted in such a quick result. Glad, too, that you have an easy way to find out.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Very interesting that RHR is effected by something you're eating. What a good observation!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:23 pm

Thanks girls.

Lunch was my hash since I had the pancakes for breakfast.

Dinner is cooking now, left over burger and acorn squash. Depending on if I’m still hungry, maybe a mug cake.

I did get my payroll stuff done and some other work. More than I thought I had left to do.

My Mom is going back to get drained again on Thursday. Will go to visit on Wed.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Super cool about the RHR and eating connection! I love my Versa, BTW, and I wouldn't have bought it if it weren't for you and M2M. So thank you!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:01 pm

TW - I’m so glad you are loving your Versa. You can really get some good info from it if you pay attention even just a little bit. Of course I think most of us here pay far better attention to our bodies than the general public at large.

I have found that if I put my Versa on the charger while showering, it never gets to where it needs a long charge. I’ve made it a habit to turn it off before putting it on the charger. That way I keep any crossed wires from happening requiring a reboot. So easy and always ready to go.

My last post got interrupted and now I can’t remember what else I was going to talk about. Oh well, if I think of it later I will report back.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:48 pm

Great idea about charging while showering!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:04 am

Thanks Pedi, but I can’t take credit, I read it from someone else. Smile

Well it seems we now have a new issue with DH. Actually kind of saw it coming, but still. It seems the ALS has now affected his eyelids. He can’t keep them open for very long and it’s making communicating much more difficult. He can’t use his computer himself. We tried the letter board last night and that wasn’t working either. Really don’t know how this man is hanging on. He is definitely a fighter.

I seem to be doing a better. Maybe the Celexa got into a good place, or maybe just getting my diet clean again did it or a combo of both.

The inflammation is leaving and that always makes one feel better. However that will stop after a few days and the harder work will begin. I am now at the crossover point. Was very hungry this morning, but stuck to my guns. A few days of this will have me over the hump, just have to press on.

DD burnt her hand/wrist last night making coffee. She says she’s ok and is being careful, but I wish she would have gone to get it checked. Fortunately the guy she’s been dating is doing his clinical in a local burn unit and so has been taught very well about burns. He was able to get more across to her of course. Smile

Well, the snow missed us last night - YEAH, but I know it won’t miss us forever.

Lots on the To-do list to today. Esp for when DS is here. Need to pull the battery on Mom’s car that will soon be DD’s car. It’s dead so we need to replace. Also need DS to help me turn my mattress. Back was bothering me again this morning and Dpup didn’t sleep with me.

DH’s bath, work stuff and general keep the place moving.

So I’d better get moving.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:29 am

Still praying for you & DH.
I also don't know how he's hanging in there.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:28 pm

Thank you Rig
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Gosh, he is a fighter! I don't know how he's hanging in there, either. He had a lot of will to live, that's for sure. It's really too bad that he can't communicate. I would imagine that will be particularly hard for all of you. What will he do with his time if he can't even watch television? Books on tape? Honestly, it will make for very, very long days for him. It's a terrible disease.

I am glad you're doing better. Sorry to hear your back still hurts. Have you ever seen a chiropractor?

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:23 pm

I hope the mattress flip helps your back. With all else you're dealing with - an aching back is certainly not needed!

So sorry about DH eyelids Sad Maybe this is only temporary?

Praying for you both everyday.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:51 pm

Interesting note about RHR and what you are eating. Overall, mine reads higher than it did with the Garmin, but the algorithm in use is different, so not a surprise.

Hugs to you!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Meant2Move wrote:Interesting note about RHR and what you are eating. Overall, mine reads higher than it did with the Garmin, but the algorithm in use is different, so not a surprise.

Hugs to you!

I also thought that was interesting and have started watching mine now.

I would love it if you, Narrowminded, shared your future findings on this.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Chiming in with the RHR observation - mine goes up if I increase the levels of carbs in my basic diet, even if they are the better/right carbs, i.e not wheat or sugar. I'm so glad I'm not alone in this observation!

Sorry to hear about DH. Hugs.

I too hope your back eases up soon, nothing worse than when it tweaky; I'm careful with mine but the simplest of wrong moves can set it off - moves that only have that effect on that occasion is so annoying and hard to deal with.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:47 pm

Hope moving the dog helps your back.  DH is a fighter.  Keeping you and family in my thoughts and prayers.  DD needs to keep it clean and if she can get some silvadene cream it works well for burns.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:39 am

Keep on keeping on, dear Sue. Thinking of you.

Glad to hear some things are improving. Sad that others are not. *hugs*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next