Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Re: Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:23 am

I am amazed that he doesn't have any ulcers.  You have done a fantastic job!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Pam that would definitely be nice to have more help.

Thank you Pedi. He gets a complete in bed bath every other day - his choice on the timing. I coat his back down with Coconut oil. Works wonders, at least so far.

TW - Turns out there is a neb setting on the vent. Had to read through both books, but the only thing that setting does is change the sensitivity of the alarms so that are not a nusience. However, I’ve never had an issue running a neb.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:56 pm

My thought is that the increased flow is uncomfortable for him, so if you turned down the flow from the vent accordingly he might tolerate a neb. Or put the neb on really low, which will take a long time but he might like it better.

I’m amazed he has no ulcers! And shocked that one has to actually HAVE ulcers before one gets a decent mattress. So lame!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:34 pm

TW I don’t know how I’d turn down the neb. The machine I have is on or off, not adjustments. Guess insurance only covers a basic generic machine.

Yup, you have to have ulcers to get a mattress, why prevent them? I can’t understand those that determine these rules. So many of them actually cost them more in the long run.

DH has had a rough day. More anxiety again. His sisters came to visit tonight. And listening to his lungs, not for the faint of heart. Barely any movement in that R lung. Now it doesn’t really sound junky it just doesn’t sound at all much.

We will see what tomorrow brings. Supposed to go to the Caregiver’s overnight next weekend. It’s put on by the ALS Assoc here. Local ski lodge about 1.5 hours away. Always a really good time. Still planning on going, but....

Hhave a good night all
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:51 am

Thinking about you NM.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:27 am

Thank you Pam. You were up very early today.

Sleep: 7h 1m, 29m awake, 1h 58m REM, 4h 5m Light, 58m deep

Woke feeling pretty good, but I could tell my HR was up. Sure enough woke in REM. Pretty cool to have confirmation why I woke feeling as I did.

I do hear a bit more air in DH’s lung this morning an so far, not anxious yet. He will be getting his meds shortly though so hopefully head anything off at the pass.

Today’s agenda is get my WO from DS, shower, visit the folks, hit the store as I forgot dog food and I need a BD card for DH. Tomorrow is his BD.

Not sure I mentioned last night, I had found a Duck Breast at the local Fresh Thyme market. So I picked one up. I had never had duck before. Made it for dinner last night. Followed the cooking instructions from the package. It was very good. Not inexpensive, but an occasional treat will be nice, if I can find it again.

Breakfast this morning was Corned beef hash w/easy over egg, coffee CO.

Planning an early Nov W30 with DD. The overnight is the 3-4th. They’ve already ordered me GF, DF lunch for the dinner we have Sat, but I am positive, it won’t be W30, so I can start the 5th. I will comply the 1-2nd. Such is life. I need the away time more.

Have an awesome day all!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Thoughts and prayers for a good day for you and DH.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:06 pm

Thanks Pedi. I think he was ok with DS today.

Got my WO, then Needed to help DH, then showered. Too late to visit the folks before lunch, so I got my work stuff done and then did my Walmart run. Had lunch, then over to the folks.

First stop was with Dad. They had just set up for an accordion player visit. So I watched 40 min of that with dad. Sang along and clapped and helped him enjoy. It was very good.

Then off to visit mom. She and I had a nice visit and then fought traffic back home.

DH and I will watch Gold Rush tonight. He loves that show. I think he has watched every season.

Hope to get some knitting it, but first I have to finish my steps.

Have an awesome evening all
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:59 pm

I love duck! I like to get them whole. That way I can skin it for fat and crispy duck skin, have the meat cooked whatever way I want and then use the bones for broth. Of course all of that probably takes more time than you have at the moment.

Sounds like you had a great visit with your parents and they both seem to be enjoying their new living arrangements.
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:00 am

Happy Birthday to DH, dear NM!

Thank you for the sweet message in my journal. *hugs*

So nice you finally managed to find some duck breast & enjoyed it. Pairs nicely with cranberries (as it's the season for them now), so I hope you'll get lucky again once more. Ofcourse there are cheaper (poultry) options to be found, however, not many tastier...

It's great that you got to spend some valuable time with your parents and could give them each your attention.

Good luck with your (and DD's) Nov W30 and I hope your upcoming weekend away will both happen and be a good one.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:47 am

V - that idea sounds wonderful. I will keep looking. Maybe with the holiday I will get lucky.

LB - it’s great to see you. Thank you for the wishes for DH. I did find they have a case up there with some other meats. Unfortunatly most of them are ground. While that is great, I’d love to try a steak or chop or breast in the other meat for more of a good tasting. However, I’d like to try something new each week. Next week I will try some ground Elk. None of these are in expensive. Most are 10.99/lb or more for ground meat. I can find grass fed beef for half that cost, even lamb for less. It is what it is I guess.

Yes, I’m in desperate need of a good W30.
~~~~

Sleep: 6h 47m, 39m awake, 1h 48m REM, 3h 45m light, 1h 14m deep

I’ve been experimenting at night. Last few nights with better sleep stats, I’ve been listening to a podcast before bed. Well I’m in bed, but listening for about 30 min before shut eye. Guess it’s relaxing me an that’s good.

DH woke ok, and then got anxious. Currently sleeping. I will spend the day in there doing work or knitting, watching College FB. I do want to get in some yoga first though. Will be a tough day getting steps, but I’ll make it work. Currently working on day 299.

DS and DDIL will stop by later to wish DH HB. DD will call. I have to give him his card.

Have some finances to do for both me and Mom today as well. It’s the weekend before payroll so lots to get prepped for Monday.

Life goes on.

Planning on Chicken thighs and spaghetti squash for dinner.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:53 am

Happy Birthday to DH.

I am sure you will get your steps in.  I am trying to get my 250/hour which looks odd sometimes in the hotel.

Dinner sounds yummy.

Last edited by Pedidoc on Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:04 pm

Happy Birthday to hubby - I hope you have an enjoyable day together.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:29 pm

Thank you both.

DH had another anxious day today and his BP is back up through the roof again. Hopefully he will sleep well tonight.

It’s been a very down day. If you listen to national news, you may have heard about the mass shooting in Pittsburgh of the Jewish “Tree of Life” Synagogue. So very sad.

Both of my kids best friends are Jewish. We had many in the community that they grew up in, and they are all connected with those in the community that was hit today. In fact our Christian Church is not far from the Synagogue that was targeted.

DS works just a mile from there. DDIL work fairly close as well.

I spent some time tonight on the phone with a good friend, actually the mother of DD’s friends (twins). She went to the vigile tonight. So far only 2 names are known and one she knew well, very nice gentleman and one she grew up near but didn’t really know. Has left a very sad note on the community here.

There will be an official rememberence service tomorrow. Tonight’s was more spontaneous set up by some HS Seniors from a local HS.

DD FaceTimed her Dad today and DS and DDIL were here this evening.

Well, I’d better get some rest.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:06 am

What an awful event.  So many families and people in your community affected by this tragedy.  I've been thinking of my friend in CA.  I should email her.  

Little late on the DH birthday wishes but I had them all the same.  Sorry to hear he is anxious again.  Perhaps knowing it is his birthday and another milestone?  

Glad to hear about the Facetime.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:23 am

Thank you Pam.

Sleep: 7h2m, 45m awake, 1h39m REM, 3h56m light and 1h27m deep

Woke feeling well. Didn’t go to bed/sleep as early as I should but the news of the day had me awake for a bit.

DH woke anxious again this morning. Still need to do this bath, but he’s resting peacefully, so I hate to wake him. I will wait a little while.

I did get him to let me run and albuteral neb for a few minutes. Didn’t do the whole thing, but hopefully enough got in to help open the airway a bit. Maybe later I’ll see if I can do it again. I’m doubtful he will let me though.

It’s going to be rainy again today, so not really in the mood for much of anything. Kinda down today. DD’s post on FB for her Dad’s BD brought me to tears and I can’t seem to shake them.

Life goes on

Pedi - I am always getting in my 250/hr. It does seem funny if someone where here to see me. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:50 pm

Very much hoping for peace for you and DH and no anxiety. Are you able to get albuterol inhalers? They can be given through a vent with a little attachment. I don't know if insurance would pay for this, and I don't need to tell you they aren't cheap. It would be better than nothing, in fact it might work well. (That old individual thing again...)

I've had trouble getting in my 250/hr as I've gone to a couple of lectures and to church - just can't get up and walk around!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:00 pm

TW - I didn’t know you could do an inhaler through the vent, that’s interesting. I’ll have to ask the Dr. about it. Who knows about the insurance.

Yes, when I had to do the business lunch, I missed an hour that day. That was tough mentally.

So the anxiety continued all day. A couple of small naps for him. Made my day rough.

Then poor DD, the gal she helps with that has ALS has not been sleeping. She is on tons of meds and her SATS are not great, but she won’t use the bipap. She is not vented. Her anxiety is through the roof too.

Today was 300 days of 10,000 steps. When I make 1 year, I will up my goal a bit.

Time for bed.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:11 am

I don't really stress about the 250 an hour. I just make sure that over the day I get in my 10,000 steps. I tend to walk between patients at the office so sometimes I just can't get in 250 in an hour. And, like you said, it would look pretty weird if patients saw me walking around doing laps at the office.

I am sorry to hear DH is anxious a lot again. I hope he can get that sorted out. It must be horrible for him to feel that way.

I think it's pretty impressive that you are going to go an entire year of getting in your steps. That's fantastic!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:43 am

Thank you Ontario. It’s my way of getting some exercise due to DH.

Sleep: 6h49m, 42m awake, 1h37m REM, 4h24m light, 48min deep.

Not enough deep last night.

DH woke a bit better this morning. We will see how the day progresses, but so far - better.

It’s been a busy morning finishing up payroll, doing DH’s laundry and other work tasks, along with taking care of DH.

Weather is up and down. One minute it’s raining the next its sunny. I don’t think it knows what it wants to do.

Have an awesome day all

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:34 pm

Hoping for smiles for DH!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:53 pm

Thank you TW, however it was not to be.

Anxiety big time again. Can’t hardly leave the room.

Praying for a better tomorrow.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:40 am

I’m praying too.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:56 am

Thank you TW.

We will see where today takes us. He woke ok again. However, long term that seems to mean nothing at all.

I did reach out to his Dr and we are going to increase his Zoloft. Hopefully that will help as it will cover more hours.

~~~~

Sleep: 8h 11m, 1h 9m awake, 1h 32m REM, 5h 31m light and 1h 8m deep.

I so needed that. Have to admit it was helped with meds.

After so many days of this, my anxiety was up as well. I took some of my quick acting in the middle of the night. And I also emailed my Dr to up my Celexa. I really hate to do that, but I can feel myself struggling. We will see if that helps. Just waiting to hear back.

BBL
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:32 pm

I hope today continues to be better than yesterday. I hope both you, and hubby, settle some and can enjoy an easier day.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next