Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:05 am

Good Morning all.

I did get shipping notification on my Charge 3 yesterday. At first it stated delivery on the 6th now saying the 8th. We will see when it actually arrives as it’s just coming from OH, which should be 1-2 day ship. According to UPS it left Marmee at 6:30 this morning. Should hit my area well before noon, which could still mean tomorrow.

DH was more awake yesterday. Still no facial expressions, but that’s happened in the past after these episodes so we will see if today is better. Definitely more output and the diaphoresis is now gone. All positives.

I did get steps done again yesterday sitting at 276 days until today is over.

I did get work stuff completed and mom and dad’s financial stuff and mine as well.

Kitchen table still needs work. Dining room table is now better shape. Got the stuff from mom’s put downstairs for the spring yard sale. Not sure I’ll set up a table myself, but donate to the clubhouse.

Had to change DH’s sheets again yesterday, along with the mattress pad. The washer again did a commendable job, even though it took about 1:45 to complete. That will take some getting used to.

DS will be here shortly, plan to get my WO in first thing. Then some other house stuff and off to visit mom after lunch I think.

Have a good one all.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:03 pm

I got a notice today that the Charge 3 had shipped, but it must be coming from Timbuktu as the estimated arrival date is Oct 15...

Hope your day goes smoothly!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:13 pm

M2M - happy to hear your 3 shipped. I ordered from Best Buy, did you order direct from Fitbit?

Day went fairly smooth. Got my WO in with DS first thing was getting stretched when our work insurance man bopped by. I was a sweaty mess. Well if you don’t call first.... He’s a great guy so not really worried about it.

The only thing that did was kind of mess up my day a bit. I was hoping to get to Mom this morning, but that turned it into after lunch. However, it turned out better as some women from her church stopped by

I took my hair stuff, helped her shower and gave her a trim. She’s been wanting her hair washed and cut for a while now. They have a salon there she could have called, but she hasn’t. She was thrilled with my visit and my surprise to get her hair in shape.

On the way home I stopped off at the grocery for a few items.

I did get some financial stuff done, but my table sits unchanged.

My steps are in and I need to go spend some time with DH.

Have a great night all
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:37 am

Its going to be a tough day to get in steps. DH is not doing well today. His fever is back, his lungs sound horrible. If I had my guess, pneumonia. It’s also rainy so no steps with the dog this morning.

Kids are aware. Well heard back from DD, not DS yet, but he was here yesterday.

DD is headed home Wed for Fall break.

Sitting here next to DH checking in with my tribe.

Have an awesome day all.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:41 am

In our thoughts, as always. ((HUGS)) So sorry... Sad
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:23 am

^ +1 And in my prayers for both of you.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:48 am

Thoughts and prayers for you and family.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:53 am

+1 to all of the above. Don't forget to take care of yourself today.
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:20 pm

I swear, I don’t know why I bother to write updates on DH. After some Tylenol, Tussin and a Tubby he is a different man. Fever is down, we will see if it stays that way.

Lungs sound so much better. The right is not clear and has not been for months. The left sounds like a different lung than this morning. He’s listening to his computer and we will be putting on football here shortly.

Some days I feel like I’m losing my flipping brain. I know I’m not imagining any of this, but really those listening must think otherwise. Smile

So I guess my steps will be happening after all. Getting to that as soon as I finish my lunch.

Will be back later with another update. Since the roller coaster is headed up another hill we will have to see if it goes back down or pulls into the station for a bit.

Thanks for listening and being here for me. Could not do this without my tribe.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:52 pm

Oh NM, roller coaster is really the best analogy to describe your experiences. It sure is a bumpy ride for you. Thinking of you and yours today.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:36 pm

In my thoughts and prayers............
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:52 am

Thank you both. DH isn’t really up yet, but his early morning check has all systems decent. We will see once he officially gets up.

As for me. Well I’ve got tons of work to do. I got on the scale today. It’s been 4 weeks I’ve been off and it has not been good. I am up. I am now officially 20lb up from my year of W30. This is not good.

Why? Stress. That in and of itself and then my choice to use food to deal with it. This roller coaster has me stopping at the sugar shop, treat shop way too often. That ends today.

My Charge 3 should be here tomorrow. I will declare Tuesday as my actual new beginning (first full day of the new tracker), but I am actually starting today.

Something has to give. Clothes don’t fit and I’ve done it to myself.

I changed up my Celexa today to the morning. I’ve been taking it at night, sleeping mostly well, but about 3 pm it’s like whatever is there has now left my system. We will see if this makes a difference. That is when I seem most likely to overindulge.

I started today with my breakfast of champions. My sweet pot hash.

Wish me luck

I also have some things to get done today. Cleaning the kitchen table is still on the agenda and will happen today. Trim my roses bushes and weed and do Brian’s spreadsheet.

BBL to update
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:00 am

I am confident that you will do great on your eating plan.  Hoping DH has a good day and you are able to be productive and clear your to-do list.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:49 pm

DH has done well today.

I managed to get my laundry done - forgot to list that. I did get the table cleared and the spreadsheet.

Forgot about football, so I did not get to the roses or yoga - yet.

Steps are nearly in, so that will happen as well.

Just finishing dinner, so hope to wait about an hour and try for the yoga. Will see how DH is with me going out to start attacking the roses.

Lunch was steak, raw carrot sticks, a few olive and a Oui yogurt.

Dinner was hamburger, coleslaw, some of the ice cream I bought the other day, which I have to say, I’ve only had 1/2 c at a time and only 1x/d and not every day. Not paleo/primal in the least, but will have it tomorrow and then it hits the trash. Coffee/CO. Oh and 1 oz Swiss cheese. Yep, fell in a dairy pit. Smile

Over all much better day. No snacks.

Have a great night all.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:33 pm

Glad DH had a good day.  Nice going on food.  Hope you both get good rest tonight.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:35 am

Hey NM, that's a great start to better eating. I must join you, my weight also back to what it was before I went primal, ie up 14 lbs. Like you, clothes don't fit and I've done it to myself.

Here's to our New Beginning on Tuesday.

Glad DH had a good day.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:46 am

Glad DH is stable. I agree that your food is moving in a positive direction. I hate this time of year when we have to start purging the garden. It looks so boring and dismal.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:03 pm

Glad to visit here and find everything status quo! Hope it stays that way for awhile.

I've adopted your sweet potato hash for brekkie, you reminded me that I used to make a similar concoction that was a great start to the day. Even Dream likes it, and he always balks at savoury breakfasts. Not that I try to force him to eat anything, but he can't get over the fact that I simply cannot eat cereal or oatmeal or such in the morning - if I do, I am starving all day long.

Looking forward to hearing about your Fitbit Charge 3 adventures as it will be awhile before I can get one.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:23 pm

Good for you for making a stand, I know you can do it, you have great strength of will.

My weight is good, but I still need to make a far more concentrated effort at putting the sugar monster in the closet and padlocking the door. A Tuesday start works for me! I ordered my Charge 3 direct from Fitbit but via an insurance company discount. I just checked the shipping info which is still reporting an estimated arrival date of Oct 15, but I noticed the package is already in AZ so I suspect it will turn up Tuesday. Not sure I'll be in the office to get it (T has a couple of appointments tomorrow).
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:29 pm

I am thinking a Tuesday start could work for me too.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:06 pm

I’m thrilled so many of you are joining me on getting back on the straight and narrow. Smile

This morning I had a hair appt, since I had a nurse today. On the way there I realized I will be near the running store, so after my trim I went and purchased new running shoes. All of TW’s talk about her C25k has had me dreaming of getting back to mine. Like her it was never much 3 miles a few times a week.

Then home for a quick lunch and off to get groceries. DD will be home Wed for fall break. Needed some additional food. Smile

Then back home again. Haven’t gotten anything done around the house. Will have a pile of work to attack tomorrow.

Yoga never happened last night as my SIL’s called to come visit. It was more important they visit their brother than me get in yoga. Generally happens about 1x a month

When I got home from groceries my Charge 3 had arrived. Had to see the nurse out before I could play with it. Online some have complained that they were losing steps when they would sync. Most had other Fitbits connected to their account.

Based upon their reviews, I sync’d my zip, then removed it from the account. Then did a hard reset of my iPhone. Then I connected the charge 3. So far I haven’t lost a single step when syncing.

Only 2 issues so far I can find. One is the screen time out button isn’t showing - guessing a software misstep as it’s listed in the manual. The other is it’s telling me I can’t turn on auto-pause as I don’t have any workouts that fit that use. Um, running, walking, elliptical are all chosen shortcuts. For both I sent a message to fitbit via twitter, we will see.

Over all 3 hours in I can’t complain too much. HR seems ok so far, but no WO to test it yet. And stairs seem to be working well. Will know much better on everything tomorrow.

My steps for today are in.

B - hash
L - tuna salad/coleslaw/apple
D - pork chop/coleslaw/end of the ice cream Smile

Have a great night all

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:33 am

NM wrote:I’m thrilled so many of you are joining me on getting back on the straight and narrow. Smile

+1 It shows what great example you set, continuously. Wink

Good luck with New Beginnings today!
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:39 am

It's more fun together. And making it fun gets the job done Smile
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:02 am

Annieh wrote:It's more fun together.  And making it fun gets the job done Smile

That too. However it seems more like it's the right time for a number of folks to make changes as they are fed up with the situation. No better time than the present! Smile
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:02 am

So happy the tribe is with me. It means more than you’ll know in support.

Sleep - Wow I can tell mine like Pedi - Awake 42 min, REM 1 hr 22 min, light 4 hr 35 min, and deep 47 min. I personally felt restless, and the awake minutes prove it.

So got the Dog around the block this morning and added in a bit of running/jogging. Almost like doing some sprints, but no where near sprint speed. Did 3 intervals of that on mostly level ground. It felt good to run. The shoes seem to agree with my body.

Hash for breakfast - will record my meals later.

Today’s to-do - Work, lots of it, get out and trim roses maybe? WO with DS later, Work on Beeswax wraps. Check on Mom, she’s being drained again today. Make 50/50/50 burgers before DD gets here and freeze. Make some CO chocolates for when I don’t get enough fat in a meal. Figure out tonight’s dinner and lunch.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next