Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Re: Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:32 pm

Today turned out to be fairly decent day.

Last night my brother called as they got back into town. I gave him the updates on the folks. This morning they called the Dr and Mom will be getting her belly drained again on Tues. They requested the drain be left in longer since it’s been less than 6 weeks since we just did this. Not sure the Dr will comply with the request.

This morning I got a good WO from DS. Then took DDIL out for her grad gift. She came home with a Samsung Gearfit pro 2. Seems to have the metrics she wants in a tracker. We will see after she gets it set up and tested. She’s a Samsung girl, so it should pair nicely with her phone. We also did lunch.

On a rather annoying note, she was supposed to start work on Monday. However, Pitt doesn’t have her credentials together so she can work before taking her NCLEX. Found out today that it may be up to 8 weeks before she can start. They were never informed of this, other than for what needs submitted to take the NCLEX.

Part of the issue was a prof who at first “lost” their final exam in one of the classes. And another who was very behind in grading. When she graduated last Friday, she did not have all of her final grades. The one finally “found” the exams and she did get a grade, but that put all the info submission way behind.

However, since she will not be working Monday, she is going to come over so I can at least take DD out to lunch on her BD.

DH has had a decent day for a change. Hasn’t been as anxious. Not sure what changed, but hey we will take what we can get.

Have a few more steps to get my 10000 today. Should not be an issue.

Food today was decent. Since I was out for lunch, I won’t call it compliant as I don’t know what oils were used, but did my best with choices.

Have an awesome evening all.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:47 pm

That is unacceptable behavior for a faculty.  Our graduating seniors have all of their grades in a week before commencement.  The Monday after commencement, the Dean sends the list to the Board of Nursing of who graduated (certification of degree).  They can then apply for a Graduate Nurse temp license until they take NCLEX.

Last edited by Pedidoc on Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:00 am

So lame! They should have to make up her lost wages (fat chance, I know.). Shocking lack of accountability. But at least she can help you on Monday.

Hope things continue well!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:30 am

Kathi we all know it is unacceptable and they have gone to the Dean over this situation. In fact they’ve seen the Dean a few times during this year long course for other issues as well. It’s so interesting as Pitt has a name for itself with Medicine. Supposed to be “the place” at least here in the NE. When I tell her what you’ve told me, she will flip.

She has already decided that even though she thought that is where she wanted to do her DNP, she is looking else where.

TW - yes it would be nice for them to make up lost wages, but alas that will never happen. Would be nice if someone could force it, maybe they’d learn to get the act together quite quickly.

Woke up hungry today as I skipped dinner due to the large lunch I had yesterday. Made a nice hash and am having my cuppa while I catch up with the tribe.

Have some work stuff to get done, payroll and such so I can go play on Monday with my girl. Then tomorrow we will have our family BD party for her here.

Better get moving and finish catching up
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:59 am

Yesterday turned out to be an ok day other than DH was a bit more anxious again. Sure wish I could figure out a trigger.

Food wise, what I ate was good, just had a bit too much. Continued to be hungry yesterday and today seems to be starting off the same. Have to figure that out, as I’m trying to go down, not up Smile

I’m going to make cayenne burgers for lunch, then dinner is civeche and paella. Not really wanting rice, but it’s DD request for her BD.

Dessert will be a paleo macron like we had for DS BD. So good, but a bit sweet.

Tomorrow I have to hit it hard and watch what I eat. Work to do on that front and I can’t delay, none of my winter clothes will fit if I don’t.

Steps continue will be 230 days assuming I get them in today.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:02 am

Oh my, my eating, while primal, was out of control yesterday. Not sure why I felt like a bottomless pit.

DD and I will be going out somewhere for Thai today. That will be lunch and dinner for me. However, I will have to cook for Dad. Have to figure that out.

Have payroll to finish up here in a few minutes. Then DD and I will head out about 10, visit Mom, go to one of the groceries for some good primal food she can’t get at school. Go to lunch and then she’d like to go to the pool together.

Dad will come in the afternoon, and our friend returns after dinner. Dad should be here 2 or 3 days, depending on what they decide with Mom’s drain. That happens early tomorrow morning.

Our friend will be here probably until the weekend, maybe a bit longer. He has agreed to read Amy Myer’s Autoimmune solution, while here. Not sure he will try the protocol, but he’s not happy with his healing from UC, nor the meds. However, his love of chinese food (noodles) and he penchant for fast food may hold him back. We will see.

I did tell him, she is very big on stating “you don’t have to believe me, just give me 30 days”. I told him that and he said he could do 30 days. He just doesn’t know that that 30 days entails yet. Smile Or the fact that he needs to comply 100%.

The good news is, one of the stories she relays is of a 50’s gentleman with UC, so that could speak to him directly.

I also am seeing him get angry as he reads as to why all his other physicians didn’t tell him this stuff or disagree with what she says. Should be an interesting week.

Well I’d better get moving.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:07 am

With any luck your bottomless pit day will not re-occur. I think we all have those days. Best luck to your friend as he hopefully will embark on the 30 day protocol trial.
You and DD have a successful day with all the running around.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:16 am

Happy Birthday to Dear Daughter! Have fun today!

Fingers crossed your friend will accept the 30 day challenge and give it a shot.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:27 pm

I hope you had a fun day out with your girl!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:21 am

Thank you all for the wishes for DD.

Food was better yesterday. While I’m not sure what exactly was in the Thai food and I did have rice, it was good. Then a small slice of the left over birthday dessert from the day before.

Yesterday was a bit close for comfort. DH nearly went out. And due to a power outage at a store where DD and I were going to stop, we came home in the nick of time. Thankfully he did not go out on her BD, but it was darn close.

When I asked him about it later, he said he was resting peacefully and suddenly the bottom dropped out. His O2 level got into the 70’s and he HR into the 60’s. Both were continuing to decline, as I gave him some meds to make him comfortable, then they climbed back up. Quite the scare.

Dad arrived after dinner as Mom is having her procedure again as we speak. Hopefully it will be just one more night as he is definitely more confused.

Our friend is also back and his ulcerative colitis is acting up. He should not have gone to do what his did over the weekend, wasn’t healthy enough yet for that.

So it’s a circus at my place at the moment.

I’m hoping he will let me make him one of Amy’s protein shakes when he gets up. Lots of bone broth and collagen for protein, CO/milk and butter, along with a bit of fruit. Should be soothing for him, not sure he’ll agree though.

Then I have to get him to start reading the book.

Should be a fun day around here. Smile

Oh and the Fitbit Charge 3 is up for pre-order. I think I’m going to give that a go. It will now be waterproof to 50M and I need that with caring for DH. I get too wet all the time.

Steps continue
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:19 am

Wow, scary event with DH and the power. It is very fortunate you were close enough to get there in time.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:22 am

It is a wonder you have any adrenaline left, NM!

Glad you were able to cease the problems with DH. How scary that must have been.

And now a day of turmoil. Hope you get through to your friend. Try to think in a positive vein about that with love.

Take care.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:11 pm

Rig - we did not have a power outage here at home. That was good and everything he has is battery back up. Also we have a generator.

The power outage was just at the store we were going to go to.

I have a feeling that wasn’t quite clear in my earlier post.

Pam - yeah, I run on adrenaline many days. Smile

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:07 pm

Well, the outage at the store turned out to be a blessing for you.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:41 pm

Yes Rig, it did.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:28 pm

God works in mysterious ways.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Just dropped in to see what's up - wow! I'm very glad you were able to spend DD's BD with her, and that other things didn't happen.

I'm going to check out that book - sounds very interesting. Chinese food - yuck. I can't believe I used to eat that! At least the kind of Chinese food one normally finds in the U.S. And fast food...grrr...but I have my own kryptonite!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:03 am

Sounds like you and DD built some great memories on her birthday.  Glad you were able to turn DH around, good thing the power went out at the store.  I hope you get some sleep and build up your adrenaline stores again.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:55 am

Pam - yes He does.

TW - her book is excellent.

Pedi - yes, there def was a reason it was the only store w/o power at that moment.

Mom’s procedure went well, she’s draining quite a bit of fluid. Hopefully they will keep the drain in longer this time so we dont have to repeat so quickly.

Dad slept better last night, so I did as well. Not perfect, but much better.

Yesterday I asked DF if he wanted my kindle to read Amy’s book - No
He wanted eggs for breakfast, that was good. (Not AIP, but not junk)
Later in the day I told him, DS would be here and if he wanted anything particular to eat, I needed to know now, bc once DS left, no chance for me to go to the store. White bread - the cheapest, whole milk - the cheapest, Campbell’s chunky soup, velveeta cheese, grape juice and gala apples. Food of champions. Smile

Last night he requested soup, juice and cracker - well I don’t have crackers and he didn’t order them, so he had a slice of toast. He said he thinks he will be at the hospital by the end of the week. We will see.

I’m not going to fight city hall. I’ve offered info to help, he has to choose that help.

DH was fine yesterday, very little anxiety yesterday. You’d never know we had the incident the day before. So very strange.

DD is back at school. Feeling a bit anxious today. Found out she only has a 1 hour class today, and her Cardio/pulm class doesn’t start until Oct. That’s a nice little break. Says she has to get used to being on her own again. Told her to use her versa and do the breathing exercise on there.

My steps continue.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:34 pm

Praying for you and all that is happening in your world.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:31 pm

Good of you to try to help. You can lead a horse to water...
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Change is hard, many people just cannot do it. And when one is ill, the desire for comfort food can be strong. Good for you for making the effort and for being a fine example.

Really happy all turned out well for your husband. I rather expected to read his anxiety was higher after that incident, so please for your well being that it isn't the case.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:24 pm

Oh dear, your friend is really doing nothing to help himself. Even apples while wholesome can be pretty rugged on the system. Ah well, not your battle.

As for the drama with DH, so relieved for you and DD that he has settled this time.

Best wishes to your DD, as she picks herself up and carries on.

Bless you.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:23 am

As someone with persistent and serious GI issues, I sort of understand your friend's hesitation. In the moment, those foods do help with the pain so sometimes it is hard to wrap your head around that it is causing long term damage. Plus the medical community is hammering that horrible diet into his head. He needs to come to the realization himself that it is not helping. You have introduced the idea and hopefully he will come around. Fixing the problem, even following the AIP, is a crazy bumpy road. Also AIP can feel overwhelming. Maybe suggest he make a simple change once a week or month?

Your friend is lucky to have you!
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:59 am

V - he has not yet even cracked the book, so he has no idea what would need changed. I’ve kept my mouth shut as he doesn’t take well to others ‘suggestions’. The only thing I suggested was for him to read the book. He is extremely immersed in the idea that his Dr’s know it all and we the plebes should not question. Plus he is one of those men who “know it all” about everything.

Yesterday, he had to go to the pharmacy to get a script. He said he was going to get pancakes while out (McDonalds). I told him I could make pancakes. He told me I was too busy with DH and my dad. Yes that is true, however.... He did his thing.

The funny part about this is, his sleep schedule has always been very messed up. For the second night in a row, he’s asked for food around 9 PM, just as I’m getting DH ready for bed. Could he please have his leftovers, he brought (green beans, mashed pots w/gravy) and a grilled cheese. He was too weak to come downstairs. Water and juice too.

So early in the day I’m too busy to make pancakes, but late in the day when getting them ready for bed, I can cook???

Last night was particularly bad with Dad. He was up and down and round and round all night. Then at 4 AM he came out all dressed including shoes. Finally sat down and dozed for about 2 hours. Then started emptying his pockets and slamming the stuff on my glass coffee table. End of sleep.

Now after a good breakfast of eggs and bacon, he’s sleeping in the chair. My poor Mom. This is just awful. She is my hero, but we have to do something, she can’t live like this, not when she is not well herself.

Yesterday when DS came, I got in a good walk and a LHT WO. I needed that.

I ate too much junk yesterday dealing with this circus.

Mom should be coming home today - YEAH for me, not YEAH for her w/my Dad. Have to call and check on her.

Hopefully I will get sleep tonight. I have a Dr appt tomorrow and my car gets inspected. Then I hope to be back to a regular routine with sleep and food.

Steps continue. Actually over 1000 steps already and most from overnight chasing Dad around.

Have a great day all

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next