Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Page 10 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

Re: Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:37 pm

^ ditto. I love seeing that, in the midst of all else, you are taking care of you.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:28 pm

Ontario - good thought.

HFF - so great to see you back. Yes, watching Dad go downhill through mind loss is very tough.

I did hear about my washer delivery today. It will be Monday between 2 and 4. At least I know. Wish it were sooner though.

DH has had a good day so far. Will watch football tonight. So far no tylenol.

Frustrated with our HOA - so what else is new? Went back as was reading notes from meetings that are posted online. The notes are vague most of the time. However, other parts are just plain annoying. Don’t like being told what I can and cannot do with my home and what I have to ask “permission” to do. Rediculous. First HOA and it will definitely be my last. If I could move now, I would. Hate that I love the layout of my home.

Have a great night all. - Steps are in.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:33 pm

Awe,  feel real sorry for  your DM.  I am sure this is very difficult for her.  I hope it helps her realize that she just could not keep up with him and take care of herself too.  

I know you will think of something for those hard to gift guys.  

Hope today is going well.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:49 pm

Didn’t sleep well last night. Felt like I had taken a few cups of espresso and nope didn’t do that. Woke still feeling jazzed.

It’s been an ok day, still lots of steps to get done, just not feeling much of anything from lack of sleep.

DS was not here due to being ill. We definitely don’t need any extra bugs floating around. Just will make for a long weekend.

Hoping to get more work done on the wax wraps tomorrow.

Have a good night all
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:07 pm

Hope you finished the day strong.  I am sure you got in your steps.  Sleep well tonight.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:14 pm

It's 5:15 on the west coast so I would guess your day is coming to a close. I pray a good night for you and DH. Sorry DS is ill - wise choice for him to stay away.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:00 pm

Hope you had a good nights' rest again. No doubt you've managed your steps yesterday... Wink

Don't you just love how the tribe shows up to make suggestions whenever needed? Like Ontario's fingerless gloves...  Smile

Right now I'm debating on making these (Craftsy, free download):

as I think these http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTknucks.html are more for somewhat more experienced knitters like yourself...

Whatever you'll choose to create for them, I'm sure they'll appreciate the love and labour that went into making it.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:18 pm

Last nights sleep was definitely much better. Once my Charge 3 arrives (supposedly the 8thish) I’ll be able to add the finer details like Pedi. But for now it felt good.

That was the end of good for the day though. DH has been struggling big time today. Very anxious, lots of air hunger, much meds given for anxiety. Sats are down, so that explains the air hunger. Also tylenol needed twice.

My friend, who is a Dr, was here today. I had her listen to his lungs. Definitely feels that’s the culprit, although can’t dx pneumonia for sure. However, I’m guessing that is what is going on.

I asked him about the hospital, he still says no. He’s complaining of his stomach hurting, so it’s either his diaphragm from poss pneumonia or the Augmentin he’s on. He asked me to stop his food for a bit, which I did. For the moment he’s resting.

I did get my steps yesterday and even though it’s been tougher today, due to sitting with DH a lot, I will get them today. When I do, it will be 271 days which leaves 94 days to goal.

LB - I have only made one pair of fingerless gloves, like your photo. Different pattern and that was this past winter. Actually easier than they look. Just using the small circular needles can be a bit tough getting used to. They could possibly work for the teen boys.

I love having a tribe who can help me out with suggestions. More heads together helps. Smile. Love your new avatar. Beautiful.

Both kids are aware of DH’s issues. I was a bit gentler with DD as she has a big test Monday. Just mentioned he was having one of his episodes. Which is true, never know what tomorrow will bring. DS however, got the finer details.

I definitely cannot wait for my washer to get here Monday, laundry is really piling up. Sure hope I like it.

Have a great night all.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:52 pm

As always - you are in my prayers. Praying comfort and peace over your home and family. Praying especially for peace to fill DH and anxiety to wash away.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:05 pm

I would guess the Augmentin, as it is well known for causing stomach upset.  I hope you both have a good night and that tomorrow is a better day.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:32 pm

Thank you both.

I’m definitely hoping it’s the augmentin bothering his stomach. However we are just 1/2 way through the 10 days, so I will definitely keep my eye on it. However that doesn’t explain the fever coming back, at least I don’t think so. And it’s def his lungs with the saturation. However add in that his lungs are already completely compromised and it’s just not a good recipe.

Hoping tomorrow is a better day, maybe we are turning a corner today. Let’s hope so, but a strange way to turn it.

I have set his food very low so he is still getting a bit of calories. I suggested we still leave the water going (70cc/hr) over night so he doesn’t get dehydrated. He agreed to that.

Tomorrow I will try a bolus of food with his augmentin and see if that helps his tummy issue.

Steps in
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:42 am

So much going on and figuring out.  

Glad you have your ongoing step goal to feel some personal accomplishment if taking care of DH does not fulfill that need.  

You sound like a physician/nurse...  You know so much NM.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:15 pm

Pam - what I know is learned either from watching/listening to others and/or trial and error.

I have one such trial an error to report.

Generally speaking, I give DH Natural Calm Mag nightly to help with his bowels. I’ve been holding it, due to the Antibioic and it’s known propensity to cause diarrhea. It hit me this morning, after much thought, this has happened before (his episode of low sats, high BP etc) and it’s been related to when his Mag has been forgotten (While I was away), or me holding it more than one night or forgetting myself, if he’s not seemed to need it.

Anyway I gave some this morning and by the time I was finished with his bath, he was a different person. Sats were up, temp normal. Resting peacefully. It’s happened about 3 or 4 times now, so I can’t call it a coincidence. I don’t have labs to prove a low Magnesium level, but it sure seems that way based upon symptoms and relief of such when I give him the Natural Calm. And I’m only giving 1/4 tsp, so about 45 mg.

So, this is interesting, I have nothing to prove it, but trial and error suggests a low magnesium level. Given he gets canned food, it might just be it doesn’t have enough or his other meds impact the usability.

As to me, since DH was resting, I was able to get part of my work work done. I still have to do the payroll for tomorrow, since tomorrow is going to be crazy.

I’ve separated DH’s laundry in anticipation of the washer arriving tomorrow afternoon. It’s going to get a good testing all in one day. And we will see just how large the drum on this puppy actually is. Smile
Of course I have my own laundry, but heck, mine all fits in one small basket, where as DH’s got 3-4 and he even had two baskets done this week.

Steps are a bit behind where I like to be at this point of the day, so I will walk a bit before doing payroll. My FB team doesn’t play until tonight, so I’ve got time, I think.

I also hope to get some additional beeswax wraps done, it I can fit it in.

BBL
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:41 pm

Signs of Magnesium Deficiency

The classic physical signs of low magnesium are: 

Neurological:
Behavioral disturbances
Irritability and anxiety
Lethargy
Impaired memory and cognitive function
Anorexia or loss of appetite
Nausea and vomiting
Seizures

Muscular:
Weakness
Muscle spasms (tetany)
Tics
Muscle cramps
Hyperactive reflexes
Impaired muscle coordination (ataxia)
Tremors
Involuntary eye movements and vertigo
Difficulty swallowing

Metabolic:
Increased intracellular calcium
Hyperglycemia
Calcium deficiency
Potassium deficiency

Cardiovascular:
Irregular or rapid heartbeat
Coronary spasms
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:01 pm

Thank you Kathi. I’d say he meets most of the neurological symptoms. Muscular, he has no muscles so I can’t check those. I could check his blood sugar but the others require labs. Cardio, yes he’s tachy.

Today has been another off one, but add in a nurse here, along with my MIL and me leaving for errand and to visit my folks.

Folks are both doing good, and it’s great my mom is scheduled to be drained next Tues as her belly is way up again. It’s just about time.

My washer came early and I’ve been playing with settings with the different loads. So far so good.

Food was decent today. Steps are in.

Got some work stuff done but left things hanging too. Tomorrow will be catch up on that front.

Have a great night all
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:04 pm

I thought the symptoms you could assess where what you were describing.

Glad the washer is working well and that food was decent.

Have a great night.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:20 am

Thank you Kathi. Since you mentioned K and Ca I decided to give him an electrolyte packet I have here. They are very low dose, meant for exercise recovery. Wanted to see if that would have any effect as I don’t want to over do K. No appreciable change this morning from that.

Just finished up my last load of laundry. Either my old washer was failing for a longer than I thought, or it just wasn’t doing a very good job. Wow, my clothes are so much softer. Telling me all the soap wasn’t getting rinsed out.

I will say the length of time to do a load, is a bit long, but if it cleans well, I’ll just adjust how I do laundry instead of in one day. I did add and extra rinse to most things yesterday, I just wanted to be sure based upon the old machine failing. I did not do that with today’s load, still soft.

I use vinegar as my softener, I knew that it wasn’t dispensing properly for a while now. Now I know it wasn’t dispensing at all. Wow, just Wow

Today is going to be a busy one. Bath time, then lots of work. DS should be here later for a good WO, I’m in desperate need of that. Missed all last week.

Have a great day
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:12 pm

Glad the washer is working out for you. Yuck on the old one not rinsing well. You never really think about these things until they actually conk out for good. But I'm glad the new washer is doing a good job and you like it.

How is DH today?

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:50 pm

Good to catch up, and good for you for finding a likely cause of some of the distress for DH.

Having taking a tiny excursion in your shoes for just a day or 2, I am doubly impressed at how calm and strong you are. You do what needs doing day in and day out and still manage to care for yourself.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:31 pm

Ontario - the weird thing is, when something goes like the, it seems insidious. You don’t really realize it happening. I hope I remain thrilled with this machine.

M2M - Thank you. Not much choice really, and we do what we do for our loved ones from that place of love.

DH - well, today has been a weird one. He has been quite tired and very diapheretic. So much so, that he’s not putting out much urine. However, I can see how much has come through his skin. Hoping for a better tomorrow, as it could be a reaction to the antibiotic which is now done. Will know in a day or two if that’s it. Never can tell with man.

I did get most of my work, work done. My folks finances, and some volunteer work.

DS came and I got a good WO, which was much needed.

Tonight is the vote with the HOA and whether we change management companies. My vote is no, but not sure how many others fit into that category. I also hope they are having others observe the count. I would put nothing past this board, esp since the new proposed company has already been making inquiries for signage for our neighborhood. Hmmmm.

Better get a move on still need 4000 steps for today.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:46 pm

I did finish my steps yesterday. And today’s are done as well.

Didn’t sleep great. Forgot to top off DH’s flush water with his feeding machine, so that ran out. Then somehow the plug game out and then it beeped to inform me it was low on power. Oh well.

Today has been much the same as yesterday other than I’ve been able to titrate down his O2 and his BP is down. Did chat with his Dr about my concerns and updates since the antibiotic.

So far the HOA vote is going in the favor of change. More people to vote though.

I logged onto my work computer which is upstairs, from my laptop while sitting with DH today and managed to finish up a few work things.

Also attended a board meeting for my volunteer thing via phone this morning. So it wasn’t a wasted day.

DS came and I ran down to Walmart just to get a breather.

Tomorrow there will be work things to do and other stuff as well.

Hoping for better sleep tonight.

Also waiting, to receive a ship notice on my new Fitbit Charge 3. Some have received theirs, others have notice it’s prepping to ship. Best Buy where I ordered mine say “get it by the 8th”. So not sure if that means on the 8th or maybe Sat? Who knows. It seems like forever ago that I pre-ordered.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:11 pm

So glad your new washer is working out. Not having a proper laundry is just no fun at all.

I had the same problem - loved the interior of my townhouse, hated the HOA. I miss that townhouse, though, it was really lovely and perfect for my lifestyle at the time.

I'm interested to find out how you find the Fitbit Charge 3. It won't be available in Oz until November.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:48 pm

So nice to have new and properly working appliances!!!! We figured out the trouble with our washer is the pump out pump. We found on line that if it takes more than 12 minutes to complete the pump out the machine will stop and the F02 error message flashes. Well, we cleaned out the screen, although it was not blocked at all, and it is still doing this. So I will research how to change the pump. If hubby can do it (he is a mechanic afterall!) then we will order the part. ............... I hate broken appliances! We are so spoiled in this country!! Wink

tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:27 am

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:51 am

TW- Yes, I will never live in another HOA if I have anything to do about it. Would really miss the layout of this place though. I will definitely update on the Charge 3, as will M2M I’m sure. She’s busy with T right now so probably not thinking much about it.

Tomi - you are lucky DH can fix the washer. DS could have done mine for the bearings, but now seeing how poorly it was rinsing, I’m glad we didn’t go that direction.

Thank you for the beautiful picture and sentiment LB. So festive and summery.

DH is more awake at least so far this morning. We are both up and at it early today. Was outside with the dog by 6:30. For me that’s early. I woke just after 5. Laid in bed for a bit, and relaxed before getting up.

Happy to have a jump on the day though. Work stuff to complete, DH’s bath, financial stuff to get done and the stuff on my table sorted and put away.

BBL
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 27  Next