Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

Re: Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:41 pm

Well, I would say I hope your weekend is going well - but considering the feeding tube debacle I would imagine your weekend is pretty much all about your hourly feedings. It could be an opportunity to just spend some serious concentrated time with DH. Maybe the rest of the world needs to just melt away for just a couple of days. Just a thought......... I know how "the rest" of your world is also a cyclone of activity right now. Praying for you..........
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:11 pm

Hope your DS & DD can help you out somewhat... and that there's a solution to be found. Soon. Very soon. *hugs*
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:11 pm

As to the Feed pump, the DME will get me a new one. And you know it’s on the fritz because it will alarm like every 10 min after you try to restart it. No way not to know it’s not working. Smile. However, expecting much on a Friday afternoon is not reasonable I suppose.

Well, lets add insult to injury. Doing laundry today and my washing machine was making some horrible noise on the spin cycle. First time I thought it was the metal closure on DD’s swim top. Well, the next load did not have that and oh boy. I shut the machine down. Thankful it was done, just an extra spin I was running for the towels.

Pulled the front off again, to check the cleanout. Thought maybe it had gotten a coin or something. That does not appear to be the problem. That also is NOT good. Removing the clean out, lets a bit of water into the bottom of the machine. Now I have to wait for that to dry to test the machine. It has a safety and if it detects water in the bottom it won’t run.

Tomorrow, DS, friend and I are headed over to the the furniture that we are taking from Mom’s place. I hope things can settle down after that. DD will be with DH while we do that.

So Tomi - nope it won’t be a relaxing weekend I’m afraid.

On a good note, my beeswax arrived today. Now just need the jojoba oil, that says it will be here on Tues.

I guess I need to look at washers. This one is probably close to 10 years old, so in today’s world, it’s had a good life. Smile

I did get the dog out for a walk this morning. Then DD took him on a hike with a friend and her dog. He LOVED it. He’s one tired pup now though.

I think I have a sign on my back that says “kick me, no reallly, Kick me”. Smile

Good meals thus far today and steps will get done.

Have a great night all
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:16 pm

While you have tons planned, it will give you time with the kids.  Hoping the washer works when it is dry.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:47 pm

oh goodness........ when it rains......... Rolling Eyes

My washer and dryer are about 15 years old - and needing to be replaced as well. I'm afraid I will have to rely on hubby to go shopping because I don't feel I have enough energy for that kind of shopping. My idea was to buy online and have it delivered.

I hope you find an easy fix to this!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:46 am

Sadly, you're right that 10 years is a good lifespan of an appliance these days. It shouldn't be that way but that's the reality of how things are now made. The last time I bought a washer I was replacing what was supposed to be a high-end washer with all the bells and whistles but only lasted 2 years. I walked into Lowe's and told the appliance guy I wanted the most basic model they had. In fact, I told him just an "on and off button" would suffice. I did end up buying a very, very basic model and it's now on year 10. We'll see if my approach worked in a year or two!

I hope the feeding machine comes soon so you'll have one less thing on your plate.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:48 am

Well after further investigation, I’m thinking it’s the bearings that are shot on the washer.  Will have DS listen to what I’ve heard.

I’ve checked the price of new bearings and read about the install.  Have to basically take the whole machine down to all parts to change them.  Reviews stating that only seemed to help for a year.  Yeah, no.  Too much work and cost for the part to only get one year out of it.  Will be looking at a new washer.

Ontario - That’s my plan. Basic and inexpensive. I currently own Bosch, not inexpensive. I’m done. I don’t use all the bells and whistles anyway.

Have to get moving for the move stuff today.  BBL
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marcadav on Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:05 pm

My washing machine is a 18+ year old Kenmore Elite. It sounds horrible and has for years. However, it still works. My dryer, also a Kenmore Elite, is 10 years old.

I had to replace my 10 year old dishwasher about 6 months ago.

marcadav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:58 pm

I usually buy one model from the bottom. Often this costs very little but the appliance just seems sturdier. I am no fan of bells and whistles. This seems to have served me well. I would be happy to buy a used appliance, sadly there seems to be no market outside of craigslist or gumtree and those scare me.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:06 pm

Hahaha....I thought of you and chuckled today. We were at Lowe's (long story.....we are invoking an extended warranty agreement on the $4000 stove we bought 2 years ago. It's a piece of crap. And, no the cost is not a typo - hence our immense disappointment at its lack of keeping a consistent temperature) looking at stoves and I came across a washing machine on clearance. It literally had two knobs. One was for water temperature and the other was for size of load. I thought of how perfect it would be for you given your comments on this thread. tongue

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:37 pm

Marcadav - My first washer was a Kenmore Elite.

TW - 1 model up from the bottom sounds like a decent plan.

Ontario - yup that would have worked. Smile

I did get out after the furniture run to look a little at Lowes. I’m having one very big problem with the top loading type I want. I’m 5’1”. Reaching the bottom of the washer will take a step stool. I’ve been researching reviews and the one that comes up a little better has the controls on the front. That means that not only is the basket deep, it’s been set back in the machine another 4 or so inches which makes it even harder to get in to.

On a good note, my jojoba oil that was supposed to arrive on Tues, came today. Haven’t had time to play with the washer research. And I have to have clean clothes and don’t have time for a laundry mat.

DS took home a good sized load of DH’s clothes to wash for me. He will bring them back on Tues.

Life, ah what fun. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:26 am

Yes, I also have the problem reaching the bottom of the washer. And I am 5' 4". Our plight is real!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:53 pm

5'3" ......... I can't reach to the bottom of top load without some serious stretching and tip toe-ing. I prefer the front loaders. I hope you get it sorted out soon. How nice of DS to take clothes home for you!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:39 pm

We have an Australian machine, which is ridiculously small but is twenty years old and working fine, so no complaints. I have no problem reaching the bottom as it is the smallest machine I have ever seen.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:06 pm

Well some better news today. Got DH’s food pumps working, well my nurse did. I think they were afraid of her. She turned them on and bingo. Must of had some bad bags is all I can figure.

Ordered a washer. It was bit better than I was going for, but got a great deal. DS plays hockey with the owner of an appliance store. He hooked me up. Just have to wait about a week for it to arrive. Maytag top loader. Showed me a secret, you can turn the basket, and then reach that one sock that’s always the farthest away. I’ll be able to reach fine in this basket.

DH started on a different antibiotic today. Hopefully that will finally get him straightened around.

I did some work stuff today too, it needed doing and got groceries. It was a very busy day.

After an early dinner, I melted a bit of the wax, added the oil and tried making 2 small wax wraps. I wrapped one around the end of a sweet potato that I used part of in my morning hash. We will see how that looks in the morning. The other I covered some yogurt that I only ate half of. It did stick to itself fairly well. Ones in the fridge one on the counter. Morning will be the test.

Steps continue. I can now start singing 99 bottles of beer on the wall. Or in this case 99 days of steps on the wall Smile

Ok, bed time.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:21 am

NM wrote:Got DH’s food pumps working, well my nurse did. I think they were afraid of her. She turned them on and bingo.

Some nurses are that way. Remember nurse Ratched*? Shocked Not that I think (or hope for your hubby) that she is anything like that. Good for everyone that it works again though.

*In case you don't: One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest. Not for the faint of heart.

I've always preferred top loader washing machines, even though they are more expensive than regular ones. Then again it seems I'm one of the taller females here. Cool Glad you've found one that's handy for you to use.

Hope hubby will feel better on this new antibiotic. *hugs*

Good thinking on the trial run for the wax wraps. Great going on the steps. *thumbs up*
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Ok, lets see:

DH seems to be doing a bit better. At least he has not needed Tylenol yet today. That’s a win.

The feeding machine again did not like me today. Seems to be the bags. Nurse showed me how to tweak them. I did that and it has run fine since. However, I tried calling to get new bags and the companies phone lines are all screwed up. Tried several different numbers. Wasted about 30 min playing that game. Will have to try again tomorrow.

Then off to try and get some work stuff done. 2 of the websites I need to use are also having issues. I should be done with everything at this point and I’m way behind. One of those days.

The wax wraps worked very well. Both were still stuck where I put them. The Sw pot was in fine shape as was the yogurt. I would say they are a go. I hoped to do more today, but not sure that will happen at this point.

Will try to get my work done before DS gets here. Then I need a WO and will have him help me with a few things in the laundry area so that machine delivery will be as easy and seemless as possible.

I’m going to need to walk a ton of steps later. All this standing at the computer doesn’t get steps in. Smile

LB - yup. I know nurse Rached. DH hubby had in the hospital when he got his trach.

Well better get moving.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Glad to hear DH is doing better on this new abx. How frustrating to deal with the phone and website issues! It seems some days are just plagued with modern technology demons!

Your commitment to getting in those daily steps is very impressive! When you get the finish line we will all lift a glass and toast your accomplishment. I find you to be a great inspiration!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:23 pm

Thanks Tomi

Well, I decided to forgo the WO today. Partly because of my shoulder and partly wanted the laundry room totally ready. Took a bit longer than I’d like, but was able to make dinner while DS was here to take care of DH.

Not sure if I mentioned my shoulder issue. Felt it doing TRX flys and modified after the first tweak. Felt fine the rest of the WO. Follow WO a few days later, I tried to do a push up - ah no. Wow did that hurt.

DD did some testing on it when she was home this weekend and thinks I just strained my rotator cuff a bit. Have to watch what I do and rest it of course.

I will do a WO tomorrow instead, it will be all core, lower body that won’t affect the shoulder.

Didn’t get to any wax wraps. Didn’t finish my work, work either. I need to print and wouldn’t you know my toner in my printer died. This printer won’t even let you print light copies. Grrr. Ordered a new one, will be here Thursday.

I swear, I always have to take the long way home. Guess that’s how I get all my steps. Smile

Have about 1000 steps left for today. That will be a non issue.

Talked to Mom today, she went to visit Dad. Said she only stayed 30 min, that was all she could take. His mind is going south very quickly. So very sad. She’s not sure he knew who she was. She said she will probably go just once a week.

Hopefully tomorrow I can work on wax wraps and some other things around the house.

The laundry room is now perfectly suited to getting the new machine in there with ease. Hopefully the delivery men will appreciate the effort. I’m sure they end up in places that are a mess.

Actually the stuff I’ve moved out are things I’ve been meaning to get moved out of there for a while, but got moved to the bottom of the list time and again. Love the open feeling in there now.

Well, off to watch something with DH. Have a great night all.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:03 pm

It always feels so good to clean up a space. And, yes, I am sure repair/delivery men see some pretty sketchy homes. I hope your new washer is all you hope it to be. Really, though, it just needs to work as promised!

The printer - why? WHY does stuff like that always happen when you most need it? Gah!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:20 pm

While the day outside has run the gamut of sunshine and rain, it’s been decent inside.

Due to the printer, I have put off a few things for work, but really did get most of it cleaned up yesterday

I’ve managed to get quite a few pieces of material cut to size for waxing. Wanted to get that done before I get started. Have a few more to get through. Then I will be ready to wax away.

Still thinking about what I can do for the kids 7-23 age range with two teen boys in the mix. Was thinking of scarves for the girls and 2 older boys. The teen boys though, not sure if they’d appreciate a scarf. We are talking 11 and 14 or 12 and 15. I lose track. Smile

DH has not needed any tylenol yet today and only had 1 dose yesterday. That is good news.

DS did not come today. He’s got a headache and not feeling very well.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:33 pm

Not sure about the scarves for the boys. But maybe toques? You know, those sloppy looking knitted hats a lot of them wear year round?

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:31 am

Thank Ontario, but I made them all hats last year. Smile

Still debating.

Only one dose of Tylenol for DH yesterday, after I finished posting here. We will see what today brings.

Need to get my kitchen table cleared off, tend to make that my workstation and it’s a mess. Also some decluttering on the list. And hoping I hear about my washer delivery.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:59 am

What about 3/4 length gloves so they can keep their hands warm but text at the same time?

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:31 pm

So sorry to read about your dad. I really understand how hard it is to see develop.
Again amazed at your strength and determination to stay on top of everything.
Keep on stepping. Those actions for you own health is a life-float.

You go girl!
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next