Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

Re: Narrowminded Continues - part 2

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Thank you everyone. I so appreciate the tribe behind me, holding me up.

TW - not sure if you saw the answers to your questions further up. Lots of posts since.

Today has again been good. Who knows. I know have his O2 down to a reasonable 2l/m and he’s SATing 98, so I will continue to decrease as tolerated when he is sleeping so he isn’t “alarmed” by it.

Friday will be the big test I guess. I will need to run errands that day. If he’s not asleep and knows I’m gone, we will be able to test his reaction. DS will be here, so that should be more calming than anyone else.

I called the LTC facility today to follow up on Dad. Not sure she remembered, so she was calling to get the eval. I mentioned a few other things, like Mom left Dad in the dining room this morning as he kept falling asleep and he needed to finish. She headed up to the apt. He hung out downstairs. My guess is he didn’t get into any trouble, because the only thing Mom heard while we were on the phone was from the PT. He asked if she knew Dad was downstairs. She said yes.

They do have a bed on the unlocked side, so I’m hopeful they can get him there and then eval further. He’s fully capable of dressing, eating and toileting w/o help. Just needs to be told to come to meals and help with his menu. All cognitive stuff.

I also reminded the lady that if Mom goes back to the hospital, I won’t be able to take him anymore w/DH. He’s far too demanding to keep an eye on him and DH.

Food was good again today. Feels great to be getting back into my own routine.

Made another meal from the Mealime app tonight. Once again excellent. My chicken package was way bigger than what was needed to I have 2 extra meals, plus 2 chicken breast for further use later on. That worked out nicely.

Steps will continue, I need about 800 more which will give me 247 days. I also got a good LHT WO from DS this afternoon. I’ll have fun bathing DH tomorrow Smile

Have an awesome night all.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:06 pm

Just looked back and saw your post - you are a gold star respiratory therapist! I am appalled that Medicare only allows trach changes every three months - should at least be every six weeks IMHO.

I used to sneak in my patients rooms to change their vent settings also...particularly O2. So stressful for them! However we had always discussed it beforehand and again after they woke up (so you don't think I was a total a$$).
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:01 am

TW - Medicare is what it is unfortunately, even if a Dr strictly orders it at once a month, nope. You can get it, but you have to pay out of pocket for it. 75 a pop, at least that was for the plain 6, haven’t inquired about the 6 with extra distal length.

I don’t blame you for sneaking in on patients. I have to do the same w/mine. And unlike you, I don’t tell him. Smile. If I did he would soon have phantom issues.

DH woke with decent vitals. Haven’t done his. BP yet, but his HR and SATs are good. Mild low grade temp, but he feels fine. I just don’t think his body can regulate that anymore.

As for me, my sleep was meh, then I fell back after my alarm. I hate that because then I wake feeling like I’ve been drugged. YUCK. However a good breakfast and getting the dog around the block cleared my head.

I’m a bit sore from my WO yesterday as DS changed up some things and had me do a few new exercises. It’s never the same what I do, but these were ones I’ve never done.

Have some work to do, DH’s bath and I’d like to do some yoga if I can fit it in.

Yesterday I managed to somewhat clean up my spices. Getting rid of things that were old or I don’t use. Making up a new batch of my sausage seasoning, which I use A LOT. It’s from Well Fed 1.

I also cleaned out a bit from my closet yesterday. Lots more to go, but 1 shelf is huge when you don’t have much time.

Have a great day all. BBL to update
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:00 pm

Even with all you have on your plate, you stay busy and productive! You are my hero!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Thanks Tomi

Day went well but I didn’t get any yoga in Sad.

Talked to Mom, Dad had his eval, but she said he answered most things correctly. I don’t know how the man does it, but every time we try to get an eval he passes with flying colors. We will see if they call me tomorrow with results. Maybe it wasn’t as good as my Mom thinks. Crossing fingers or they won’t move him.

Got my work stuff done, no decluttering today.

Food was excellent, steps are in and trying to Watch FB with DH, however it’s a rain delay.

Have a great night all

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Echoing what Tomi said!

I won’t have time this weekend to do the long story update, but will be off mon/tue and will plan the big initial post then. All this to say that I am completely inspired to find moments in my day when I can get some extra activity in.

If NM can find time for exercise, so can I!!!!!!

Sounds as if you continue to plug along and find what little balance there is to be had when you’re a full-time caretaker. Glad you have some help from DS and DD when possible.

Sent from Topic'it App

Angela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:53 pm

Angela good for you and thank you. I will tell you that the bulk of my steps come from walking laps around my house. Smile

Can’t wait to hear the story.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi All,

It’s been another very good day. DH has again been fine. He was even fine with DS while I was out running errands.

Stopped to see Mom and Dad. Met with the gal who is getting Dad situated to move to the memory care unit. Turns out they both agree w/me that he does not need the locked area at this time and they do have a room. He will be moving on Monday. Went from who knows to now.

Things are slowly falling into place. That’s a good thing. Now if Mom needs the hospital, I don’t have to worry about Dad.

DS also put me through a good LHT WO. And I have about 1000 steps left today to hit my goal so that will also happen.

Since I was out of the house most of the day, nothing got done here, but that’s ok. The other running was necessary as well.

Food was also very good.

Now i just have to set my garbage at the curb and do a few dishes and I can relax for the rest of the night.

Oh and last night I pulled the trigger and pre-ordered the Fitbit Charge 3. Hoping I like it. I ordered from Best Buy. That way if I don’t like it or have issues, I can return it locally and I don’t have to ship it back.

Have a great night all.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:58 pm

Oh good. If either of us figures out something cool about the Charge 3, we can share the details with the other!

Excellent news that your dad will be moved to the memory care unit. That should be a relief for everyone. Take a few extra steps for me - I'm no where and don't anticipate that will change at this point in the day Wink

I hope your weekend goes smoothly.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:57 am

M2M - yes it will be great to share those first weeks of a new device. We get the suffer through any bugs - hopefully none:) - and be Trail Blazers.

I had a spare 1600 steps yesterday, hope that put you a bit closer.

Relaxed last evening and even watched a bit of TV. Not usually a big thing for me to actually pick something to watch. There are a few things DH and I watch together like ANW and AGT, and some sports, but I’m not a big TV person. Many times I will sit in the room and listen as I knit or crochet, but I’m usually concentrated on what I’m doing.

It’s raining here today, not a bad thing, we are dry from that major heat blast we had the past 2 weeks. Supposed to rain all day and temps not above 70. I’m loving it, as I have the windows all cracked open to air out the house.

A friend will be coming over later as well. It will be good to catch up with her. She’s bringing lunch, so I have no idea what I’m about to get. Most likely salads, what we generally do, so won’t be too bad.

Well time to get my laundry started before doing DH’s bath.

Will check back in later.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:57 am

Great news on your Mom and Dad... it'll certainly lift your burden somewhat, knowing that they're both getting appropriate care.

Good news on DH, hope this will be a good weekend altogether.

Have fun with your friend and a nice lunch!
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:49 am

Great news that DH has settled a bit. I hope you slept better last night knowing he was more stable yesterday. I'm glad to hear you treated yourself to a new activity tracker. You'll definitely need to give us a review.

Here's to another good day ahead. cheers

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:25 am

Thank you LB and Ontario.

An interesting thing was posted in one of the threads on the ALS forum by a PALS (person w/als). It was in regards to a post by a CALS (caregiver) who lost her husband 9 months ago. She was talking about looking for happiness.

Anyway, the PALs, who is also nearing his end, only has one wish that his wife will be happy again. The way he put it, put me to tears. It shone some light on what is going on with DH.

What I surmize is that his anxiety has been connected to mine. Since my Celexa has finally kicked in, I’m more relaxed and much happier, so I have a feeling he is playing off of that.

I know when I went for the trip to the ER, DDIL said he was crying. I’m sure he felt partly responsible for my trip there. And actually the next day when he was quite anxious and repeating himself even after I said I was coming, I had gone in there and said “this is why I landed in the ER” Not a good move on my part, but at times it seems he thinks only of himself.

Anyway, long story short, there is a possibility his anxiety was and has been playing off of mine. With the absolutely craziness that has been this year, is any wonder the both of us were over the deep end.

Yesterday I managed to get some more decluttering done. Not a lot, but small things. Baby steps in my case. Also made some body wash from wellness Mama. Love that stuff for my face.

Also starting thinking of more ways to reduce my use of plastic. I just don’t think that stuff is good for us.

Lunch with my friend was great. She stopped at Moe’s and brought us salads. I’m feeling it today as it included black beans, and cheese along with some corn. All items I don’t do well with. However, I’m not looking a gift horse in the mouth. There wasn’t much of any of the above on there, but I know that I ate them.

Started today with my hash. And will continue clean. It will all be gone in a day or two.

Yesterday was 250 days of 10000 steps. The quest continues.

I hope to get in some yoga today. We will see how the day proceeds.

Have to watch the Steelers/Brown’s game later, so I’d better get moving. Smile

Have a great day all.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:50 pm

Good insight on DHs anxiety. I hope things continue to be more calm in your home.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Yes, very interesting insight, and hopefully can help affirm that when you look after yourself, you are literally helping your DH.  

At a twenties-style show on Saturday, I heard an old song for the first time.  The lyrics made me giggle, especially the last line below:

"Button up your overcoat
When the wind is free
Take good care of yourself
You belong to me

Eat an apple every day
Get to bed by three
Oh, take good care of yourself
You belong to me

Be careful crossing streets, ooh, ooh
Cut out sweets, ooh, ooh
Lay off meat, ooh, ooh
You'll get a pain and ruin your tum-tum

Wear your flannel underwear
When you climb a tree
Oh, take good care of yourself
You belong to me"

Shalom, NM.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:49 pm

Thank you for the song Annie.

Today has gone quite well once again.

Football game was blah. We did not play well. We got lucky and finished with a tie. We deserved to lose that game.

Food spot on today. Need about 800 steps and I will have today, that’s easy.

I did manage a 30 min yoga routine. Wow that felt great. Found some tight spots I didn’t know I had. Smile

No cleaning yet today, but made a Christmas gift. So that was good. Have to think and move on those since I don’t get a lot of time to plan, buy or prepare.

Have a great night everyone.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:52 pm

You make Christmas gifts? You must have a talent. What is it? Sewing, knitting, woodwork? Do tell! I, myself, have the worst manual dexterity on the planet so I envy you.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Hope this puts a smile on your face. Thanks for suggesting it Annie!

Busy day again today, I suppose. Hope everyone's okay. *hugs*
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:53 pm

Thank LB

Ontario - I knit, crochet, sew just depends. One year I knit/crocheted all the nieces and nephews throws. One year I made them heat packs for their hands, that was sewing with flax seed as what was in them to heat. Last year I made them hats

I’ve also made kitchen towels (woven) for my SIL’s, last year scrubbys for dishes and this year I’m doing dish cloths (crochet)

Doubtful I’ll have time to do something for the kids this year.

Day went well, it was rather busy. Took the Dog to the vet for his annual check up/vacs.

Then home to have lunch, then off to the grocery. Brought that stuff home and quickly put it away, then off to visit my folks.

My Dad was mostly moved into his new digs. He was sitting in the main room. We visited a bit, then I took him and showed him his room and then off to play bingo. Left him there and up to see Mom

Mom is doing well, happy as a lark. The dresses I picked up for her at TJMaxx worked out well. Just got 2 so I’ll have to get a few more for her. Then got to see her new room, she’ll be moving probably end of the week. She will have a balcony/porch. Very nice size. I hope she decides to go sit out there once in a while.

Then I ran home with 15 min to spare, helped the nurse change DH’s feeding tube and she was out the door.

Talked with DH a quick minute and started dinner.

I have about 3000 steps to get in, so after my check in here,
I have to get moving around the house.

Been a spot on food day.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:25 pm

You were running here and there today.  Glad everything is coming together for mom and dad.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:38 pm

Sounds like a hectic but super productive day. Really glad that your parents are settling in well.

Excellent insight about your anxiety being a trigger for DH. Certainly makes sense. He is completely dependent upon you, and more to the point, with limited ability to communicate, it makes sense that he would be very tuned into your moods and feelings.

Take care!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:53 am

I thought I’d stumbled into Pedidoc’s journal! What a productive day! Glad things are going well, kudos on the insight. I should have thought of that.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:29 am

Thank you M2M and TW

Yesterday was quiet hectic and busy, but hopefully once mom moves later this week and we collect the bit of furniture, things can settle down to a dull roar for a bit.

TW - LOL I even thought of Pedi as I was typing all of that yesterday. Smile

Today I hope to get some decluttering done and work stuff of course. I have a few phone calls to make as well.

And my steps.. DS should also be here later for my LHT WO.

Maybe I need a calendar to start scheduling things. Leaving it to my brains memory doesn’t always prove best.

Still really loving this Mealime app. Can’t buy the smaller amounts of meat they recommend for 2 servings, so I’m getting 3. That’s a good thing, I put the extra in the freezer for emergencies.

Have a great day all
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:15 am

Hard to believe you don't already maintain a calendar and to do list of some sort with all the wild stuff going on with you, family, friends, and business.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:19 am

Rig D wrote:Hard to believe you don't already maintain a calendar and to do list of some sort with all the wild stuff going on with you, family, friends, and business.

Exactly!
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next