Ballet (space filler for topic title requirement :)

Go down

Ballet (space filler for topic title requirement :) Empty Ballet (space filler for topic title requirement :)

Post by Starkanda on Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:44 pm

Anyone do it? I'm going to take a beginner class next month (they lured me in with promises of improved posture, flexibility, and agility, and I thought, why not, I'm always down to try something new), curious to hear any stories, encouragement, etc. etc.
Starkanda
Starkanda

Back to top Go down

Ballet (space filler for topic title requirement :) Empty Re: Ballet (space filler for topic title requirement :)

Post by Annieh on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:02 pm

If you are a true beginner with no previous experience, be prepared to be very challenged. It is a daunting discipline. I hope you grow to enjoy it.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Ballet (space filler for topic title requirement :) Empty Re: Ballet (space filler for topic title requirement :)

Post by marcadav on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:59 pm

My daughter started taking ballet lessons when she was 19 or 20. She enjoyed ballet until she found aerial arts-- silks, lyra, straps, trapeze, etc. Now, at 28, aerial is her thing.

marcadav

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:48 am

FWIW one of my daughters did ballet as a youngster. She dropped out after a couple of years when the dance teacher (herself a professional dancer) told us that because of her flat feet she would never be able to master advanced stuff.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by meepster on Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:53 pm

My 3 year old does ballet and loves it. I took an adult beginner class a while back, and it really is a great workout.
meepster
meepster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum