Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supplements

5 posters

Go down

Supplements Empty Supplements

Post by Acroyali Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:49 pm

I know this topic is taboo and some people swear by supplements and others swear by them being money making schemes, and I'm not looking for a debate or a mega-thread argument Wink

For those who take supplements, what do you take, and why?
I'm currently taking a beef organ blend (heart, liver, pancreas, spleen, kidney) freeze dried, because I have a rough time choking down offal. I know I should, but I'm just not there yet.
Also am taking bone marrow. My teeth have been shit since childhood and I'm hoping to help improve their overall health.
I take milk thistle on occasion as I've seen it work wonders in both humans and animals when liver function gets screwy.

Acroyali

Back to top Go down

Supplements Empty Re: Supplements

Post by Meant2Move Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:59 pm

I am a believer in supplements although I probably take too many. I surely fall into the "expensive pee" category. I do test periodically by dropping something out to see if I notice it is gone. If I don't notice it after a couple of weeks, then I don't continue it. I keep notes on what I'm taking and why in a journal and review a few times a year.

My targets are inflammation (dealing with it, not causing it), resolving/preventing injuries to bones, muscles, joints and tendons, gut health, and some mood related stuff. Oh, and keeping hot flashes at bay since I am a woman of a certain age...
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:04 pm

I take them - fully aware that some of what goes in - comes out. But if you need them - take them. I need them due to health issues that are preventing normal absorption. I take mega doses of multiple vitamins and B complex, plus a bunch of other stuff. In all I take around 45 pills a day in divided doses.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Starkanda Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:44 pm

I believe in them, even though they are under scrutiny these days. I (hopefully!) buy reputable brands.

Right now, I'm taking a high potency fish oil for mood, general health, and I'm not eating as much fish as I would like to be.

Also, a Folate/B12 for energy, and to keep folate levels up for getting pregnant, I plan to switch over to a proper prenatal when the time comes, but the one I like to use is expensive, so I can wait.

D for multiple benefits, and I'm borderline low.

Choline (mine has inositol too) on the recommendation of my midwife, tbh I forgot specifically why.
Starkanda
Starkanda

Back to top Go down

Post by RedComet Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:36 pm

I used to take a handful of pills a day in the interest of "optimization". It got old fast (and expensive). These days I only take:

Vitamin D3-- I take this about 5 days a week. 5,000 IUs.
Vitamin K2 complex-- both forms of K2, taken along with D3.
Natural Calm Magnesium powder-- I try and take a teaspoon or two of this at least once every day.
Krill Oil-- I've just started taking this and find I really like it. It may be placebo, but I find that I just feel really good while taking it.
Milk Thistle-- I take a dose of this once in a while for liver support. Say, mornings after drinking.
L-Theanine-- I pop 2 capsules of this before bed to help me sleep. When I don't take it, I notice.
Grass-fed Liver capsules-- I hate the taste of liver, so I take 4 big ol' capsules of it most days. It's the Vital Proteins brand. Love it.

I think that about covers it. I try to take Vitamin C now and then, too.

RedComet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum