Perennially Yours

Go down

Perennially Yours

Post by perennialpam on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:42 am

Gosh I just lost my first entry due to a dog hair on the screen that I pushed off and voila....there went my entry!

I have become disillusioned with the MDA forum although I really like reading all the journal entries from people I have made an introduction with. That is why I am here. Have suffered through the many "upgrades" and in the meantime many folks have disappeared.

Noticing that the spam connected with the site had increased helped me make my decision to leave once I noticed that Ontario was suggesting a new site that would be created. Now here I am and very happy with this site as I make my way around.

I initially was introduced to MDA by a coworker and managed a good weight loss. The incentive was a high school reunion. If I look back at the majority of my dieting...they were always for a reunion. While it creates an incentive....I had only see those folks every 5 years until our 50th. Now we gather twice a year for a portion of the group and will be holding a full all out reunion every 5 years until none of us are left. I happen to be on the committee and it is something to do to keep up with addresses (now that there are no telephone books), phone numbers (now that people have gone the way of cell phones) and deaths. It keeps us busy with a class over 1,000.

I have started and failed to get going primal many times since 2011. I find it difficult to keep the faith so to speak. I have, once again, started in mid-October. Socializing is my problem. Socializing is important for me especially since I was retired in 2013.

I help my 92yo mother as I am the only living child. She moved into an independent living residence and that has been very helpful to me. She enjoys it there and has shown me the way in that when my time comes I can see that I'd enjoy being around people at a place where escape is easy due to senior transportation an options. She is not very healthy and we go to each different doctor/dentist/eye doc twice per year. I write out her checks and manage things.

I do not use a scale any longer. I try to follow suggestions about that issue but, in reality, I do not have enough floor space in my tiny bathroom. I do find the scale to provide incentive. I miss the one at work that showed even the smallest of losses. Smile

As you can see I am rather long-winded.

Thanks to Ontario for this forum and for the folks who took the time to invite me here.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Perennially Yours

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:00 pm

Pam - I'm happy to see you here too. Hoping this can be what MDA once was. Smile

Grok on my friend!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:02 pm

Yes, glad to see you here PP
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 pm