Narrowminded continues

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Narrowminded continues

Post by Narrowminded on Wed May 02, 2018 7:53 pm

Rig my issue last night was the non calls on dangerous hits. My DS played hockey all through school and I know a dangerous one when I see it. Actually, the non call last night was on a hit to the head that resulted in our player having a broken jaw and needs surgery. There was blood on the ice and the offending player was sitting on his bench laughing. Thankfully there was a hearing today, as this is the second person in two games this man hit high, that one cause a concussion and also a non call. You can’t break a jaw or cause a concussion if you didn’t hit the head. Last night he definitely jumped into it as when the hit was over his butt landed on the boards. Yeah you don’t get up there if you don’t jump. Can’t you tell I’m still ticked about it. Smile

Today DD and I went for a bike ride and I re injured my shoulder. This is what happens when you haven’t ridden in several years and you jump to avoid falling but hang on to the bike so it doesn’t dump with your bad arm. GRRR.

Then we went to lunch and did a bit of shopping. It was nice to spend some time with my girl that wasn’t focused on her dad.

Tomorrow she heads out with her DBF’s fam to see his Pop Pop. He’s not doing well and she won’t have any time until Aug, possibly to visit. She will return Sunday and have to then head back to school for class on Monday.

No hockey tonight, yes it’s on, no I’m not watching. Need a break tonight.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu May 03, 2018 7:49 am

I agree with you on the dangerous non-calls. My reference was more on the idea of just plain missed calls, usually in football, that shaft the two teams equally. I also understand your passion for hockey, although I've never been able to get into that sport.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu May 03, 2018 9:11 am

Rig I have no problem with equally distributed missed calls that shaft both teams, as long as they don’t include dangerous ones.

Guess my love of hockey started with a friend taking us to see his younger brothers games, then DS started playing and it just took off from there. I find it harder to “get into” a sport until I know the rules of the game and understand what is going on. And you were FB all the way, I get it. Smile

Just read on NHL.com that the offending player has been suspended for 3 games. I said to DS yesterday he should get 3 games. DS expected 1, I said at least 2, one for the hit and one for laughing about it.

We will see how tonight’s game goes. Hopefully no dangerous hits from either squad.

DD heads out today with DBF’s fam. A good thing, I need to try and be keto for a few days. Yesterday’s lunch out left me feeling a bit off, of course add in the GF Coconut macaroon covered in choc. One of her HS friend’s family owns the bakery. We stopped in yesterday. He used to bring us a bag everytime he came to visit. These cookies, biscotti OMG fantastic. So we stopped to get a macaroon for each of us. Her friend was there, they haven’t spoken since HS and we walked out with free ones. We expected to pay. They tasted devine, but I’m sure a huge sugar hit and not sure it was not CS. Oh well, one cookie doesn’t kill you. It was good to catch up for a minute.

I am taking back two of the dresses I picked up yesterday. I thought the one dress just needed different undergarments, but I realized this morning when trying different, it’s actually the way the pattern was cut out of the material. It’s crooked. Oh well, another thing to do on my Sat with a nurse for a get away that couldn’t happen.

Ok, forward I go, getting this eating back on track. Now what I need is no more issues that send me over the deep end.

Oh and have to find a way to get back into better cardio shape too. The bike ride on basically level ground let me know that I am def out of shape. Add to the fact that the bike bothered my knee, not to mention my tush going numb. Smile

Gotta get my day started.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri May 04, 2018 9:17 pm

Just catching up and saying 'hey'. Good for you for enjoying that cookie, as you know well, seize those moments in life when you can. It isn't as if you routinely go overboard.

Now that winter is finally easing up on you, it should be easier to get into shape. I know you are still fairly tied to home, but being able to pop in and out of the house will surely help. We did a DVD this morning that fairly kicked my butt. Not long ago I had been making good progress with it, but then between the knee and back injuries - well, it is rather shocking how quickly fitness slips away. But, we can and will get it back, right???? We can do this. You can do this.

I'm clueless when it comes to hockey and playoffs, but I hope your team is winning!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun May 06, 2018 9:59 am

Hey M2M - great to see you stop by. I did enjoy that cookie, but am ashamed to admit, I’d been rather falling off the tracks as of late. I am back now.

I just mentioned to a friend today about how awesome I felt yesterday starting out with my very routine breakfast hash. I’d kind of stopped making it. I love it, but not sure if I got tired of it, or just tired of the time it takes to make it. However, tiger blood was bountiful yesterday, even skipped lunch, no need. Smile. Part of my mentioning to her was in the vein of I know this, so why do I stray?

This morning, I once again took the time to make this breakfast that for whatever reason is balanced perfectly for my body and makes me feel like I could take on the world.

Our hockey team is struggling. They did win on Thursday and then lost last night. They were up in the game, not sure what happened. The game tomorrow is do or die. If they do tomorrow then Wed will also be do or die and determine the winner of the series.

We will get back into shape, you will much quicker than I. While I can get out onto my deck, going further than the house is hard. The good news is, DD will be here beginning of June through mid Aug. During that time, I’ve already told her I need to get my walks back in. Something I’ve been unable to do while she’s been off at school. I do do laps around the house, but I can’t really get it to aerobic levels and there are no hills. Walking the neighborhood, I can expand my cardio a bit.

Due to my recent shoulder injury and my knee acting up, I’ve also missed a few of my LHT WO’s with DS. That needs to change again as well. I’ll still be limited, but hopefully not too much.

DD asked about taking a walk when DS is here. It’s possible, it was just so freaking cold for sooo long this year and my tolerance for cold has greatly deminished. I’m thinking due to the weight loss, no longer wearing a heavy fat coat. Smile. Then there is also the 1/2 day spent helping Mom and Dad.

Tuesday my mom has another procedure, so I’ll have my Dad here with me for at least 24 hours, maybe more depending. Love my Dad, and it’s so hard to see him struggling with dementia. It’s not severe yet, but does have it’s annoying parts. He will be so lost if something happens to my Mom. However, Mom is getting worn out from his hearing loss and continual repeated questions. So very sad.

Yesterday I had a nurse, not usual for a Sat, but it was supposed to be part of the getaway that never happened. So, off I went, did some shopping. Not much, a pair of shorts, couple of tops and a summer sun dress. Felt good to be out and actually ran into 2 neighbors from our old neighborhood. Nice to catch up a few minutes with each.

Thursday the ENT stopped and changed DH’s trach. That’s now good to go for a couple of months. Will have to call the supply company about different supplies and he changed the type of trach.

Well, better get moving.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sun May 06, 2018 10:26 am

Part of my mentioning to her was in the vein of I know this, so why do I stray?
Yes, that is the big dietary question I think we all struggle with. I know I have to fight with this myself and have too many in the loss column.

You sound more positive than you have in a while. Hope that continues and you are able to get the outside walking back into schedule while your DD is here. I share your annoyance with doing the "house laps."
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun May 06, 2018 10:56 am

Yes, Spring is definitely helping the mood, as well as the food. I must look into one of those happy lights for next winter.

Thanks Rig!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun May 06, 2018 6:10 pm

Glad you were able to get out and found some stuff shopping.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon May 07, 2018 8:28 am

Thanks Pedi.

Watched “The Magic Pill’ yesterday. Awesome, I may watch it again as we had interruptions. DD got back from DBF’s grandparents and then had to turn right around and head up to school, so I semi-lost a little about an hour in.

So amazing seeing what diet is doing for these people. Some very spectacular stories. Now if we could just get these things mainstream... A girl can dream right??

Looks like we might have sun for a few days, or not. Every time I look at the forcast it changes.

Have a great day all
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon May 07, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi NM, yay for sunshine, I hope it continues for you as it is definitely a mood lifter. As is the right breakfast - we do know this and good on you for getting back to yours. I have never heard of happy lights but it sounds as if they may be just the thing for next winter.

Shopping, one of those things the rest of us take for granted. A pity one item didn't work out.

Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon May 07, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi Annie,

Thanks. I did replace the one item that didn’t work out. I also have a couple of things coming via mail tomorrow, that hopefully will work well.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue May 08, 2018 8:52 pm

Well today has been a mixed bag. Early it was pretty decent.

Dad got here about 11 to stay here while Mom had her procedure and until tomorrow. He’s more used to my home from staying here recently, but still looks for you if he doesn’t see you, so I have to be careful about moving around out of his sight.

Mom’s procure didn’t go as planned. It seems the cystic mass is growing. At least they believe it is. They will CT tomorrow. However, they did realize that it is pressing on the other organs and creating a pressure sore on her colon. They are also very concerned about a bleed, or it bursting. So it seems we are at the cross roads of surgery which is very risky or ticking time bomb. Neither choice is a good one.

The scariest thing is ticking time bomb if it would go off with them home alone. It could be she could call us and then again if it’s up to dad, he can’t work the phone anymore

Why does life have to be so complicated sometimes?

I’m personally doing well food wise. And I got in a good walk today and some LHT with the TRX.

Onward and upward.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue May 08, 2018 9:01 pm

{{{hugs}}}
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue May 08, 2018 9:12 pm

Darn, so sorry the news about your mom was bad. No good options from the sound of it.

Glad you were able to get out for a walk and some movement. My brain always works better and my mood improves with movement.

Take care!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed May 09, 2018 2:13 am

Scary indeed. Take care. (((HUGS)))
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed May 09, 2018 4:53 am

My prayers for you and all your family. Hopefully the CT scan will show something that can offer a good option.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed May 09, 2018 8:28 am

Thanks everyone. I highly doubt the CT is going to show any way around other than surgery. I think it’s more to assess, if and/or how much this mass has grown since the CT in Feb.

At that time she was given the options of a) surgery, but was told it was highly risky, b) have it aspirated (we tried beginning of April, didn’t work) c) ignore it. That’s no longer and option due to the jaundice. They thought they could put a stent in, but when trying that yesterday it wasn’t an option when getting in there.

Talking to DB last night, he seemed to think they could even discharge her from the local hospital and send her directly to the university hospital where she would have to have this done. Do to the risk of this thing bursting and/or bleeding, he believes surgery will happen sooner rather than later.

Also, my folks closing on their home was moved from the 30th to the 24th. While good financially for them, could prove a problem with possible surgery this week.

Ok, well I will update later after more info.

On a good note, holding strong with good food and no treats.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed May 09, 2018 4:23 pm

oh my goodness. I'm so sorry all this is happening! On top of the happenings of your everyday life.

I wonder if the closing of the home could be done by Power of Attorney by you or DB? Or anyone for that matter. Might be an option if things get too complicated. Course, obtaining POA could be a hassle in and of itself.

Prayers for a reprieve to this current storm!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed May 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Thanks Tomi

Update: Mom is being transferred to the university hospital for eval for surg. That is happening today, as an interhospital transfer. DB came and got DD to take him over to be with her before the transfer.

On their house, we took care of a form today that can be used for my brother to sign for one or both.

They actually already have POA’s that would cover such a need, but I’m the financial POA which doesn’t quite work when I can’t leave my house. Smile

I did get out for a nice walk when DS got here for a bit. I’m now fading fast as I’m hungry and DD isn’t back yet and he was up about every hour last night so I’m exhausted.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed May 09, 2018 7:15 pm

Praying for strenght for you and healing for your mom.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu May 10, 2018 12:46 am

Oh, worry and stress on top of what you've already got. Hoping the University hospital offers greater skill so less risk.

Keep slipping out for those little walks when you can, they will help you through.

Big HUGS!!!!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu May 10, 2018 8:42 am

Hoping the eval and potential surgery go well for your Mom.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu May 10, 2018 9:49 am

Thanks everyone. Hopefully I will have more info later today.

Dad slept a bit better last night, so that was good.

She went to the university hospital as that is where the specialized surgeon is. No matter who performs, it’s just a risky surgery overall.

Food is spot on through this mess, don’t ask me how, but I’m rolling with it. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu May 10, 2018 9:55 am

Got to admit your story made a lot more sense once I realized DD in this case meant Dear Dad... Wink

Fingers crossed Dear Mom will be alright.

Good for you keeping your meals spot on. Awesome.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu May 10, 2018 10:05 am

Sorry LB, I will do better in the future. Funny as I questioned it, but figured since the sentence already said him after DD, that it would, but I was wrong. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum