Narrowminded continues

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Narrowminded continues

Post by Lovebird on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:25 am

I know that... Rolling Eyes but after what NM has shared about them before, common courtesy does not sound like something they are used to, just rules & regulations ... Smile

It's like with MDA... normally people/companies are happy to accept offered help, especially when they don't have to pay for it... however not even a civil thank you or an explanation followed... and look where they are now. Suspect
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:46 pm

How frustrating it is to have to wait for a response from people/organizations!! I agree with the idea of common courtesy -- but it seems that has fallen to the wayside in today's society. Like thank you notes and RSVPs. People just don't have a lot of consideration for others anymore. They should have at least let you know there would be a delay.

Sorry about the nursing problem. Maybe this is a good thing - maybe there is a very special person who will meet the need and be able to fill in for those "few days away" as well. God works in mysterious ways. Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:43 pm

Thanks all.

Yes, common courtesy has left the world for the most part it seems. However, they are running a business and they should be trying to build good will. Then there is the issue of sending this form to the management company and not the local board. Now I have not idea if they meet with the local board to do their own decisions. Anyways, the good news is I had my approval by just after 8 AM this morning.

LB you asked about what I’m planting. I need to order the 2 Arborvitae that I need online, as I can’t get the particular ones I want locally. They will go between the pine trees that are already there.

Today while DS was here I was able to go to the local Lowes and get 4 Forsythia plants and a blooming Cherry Tree. We got those planted basically across the lower back yard. We also spread bunch of mulch in the bed we weeded last week.

Also I’m still looking for the Butterfly bushes I want for by the Arborvitae too. So I may order those online. Just seeing some bright yellow in my backyard puts a smile on my face.

As to the nursing, the agency I’ve used for the past 7 years is about as helpful and forthcoming as the HOA.

Tomi, I’ve put it in the Lord’s hands, that’s all I can do

All my steps are in which is good. Pen’s play soon and I don’t plan on moving much as I’m wiped out from the yard work and going to Mom’s and doing things there.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:05 am

I hope all your new plants settle in happily and give you lovely views in the future. Sleep tight after all that effort.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:39 am

Great news that you were finally approved to plant things. Sorry you h ad to follow up in order to learn the news. Geesh.

I agree about thank you notes and simply letters. A thing of the past and it bothers me. People love to get letters....things in the mail that are not advertisements or bills. Smile =me.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:54 pm

My planting’s from yesterday look good. After I watch this afternoons hockey game, I will check on the moistness of the ground and see if they need watered again. Don’t want to water log, but do want to keep them moist.

My steps are just about in for the day, so knitting during the game will abound. Not our team, but should we win our series, we will play the winner of this one.

It’s a sunny day here, and I’m also trying to get some things straightened around the house. Did manage to get some dusting done and a few other things. I need a trip to donate some books. That’s a tough one, but I’m tired of things sitting around.

I really need a good Konmari go through. Maybe someday. I do try little by little. Eventually it will happen.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:44 pm

The planting sound wonderful! Forsythia is a beautiful show piece, as is Butterfly Bush! They have decided the Butterfly Bush is an invasive species in Oregon so we are not longer able to get them via mail order. I think the local nurseries have certain varieties that are approved. Such a lovely plant!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:02 pm

Nature is taking care of my watering today. Dreary and wet all day.

Received formal notice my nurse is moving on. Heard from her yesterday, but heard from the agency today.

Called another agency to see what they might have available. They are looking.

I’m joining the sick, lame and lazy group. Messed up my posterior delt on Sunday trying to pull DH’s shirt down. Weirest thing because I wasn’t using a lot of force pulling on the shirt, but bam someone put a knife right through my shoulder. DS looked at it today and did some ROM testing. DD will check it this weekend when she gets home.

I told DH when it happened that he definitely needs to trade me in for a younger model as he’s wearing me out. Smile. Man it hurt all day and things I still can’t do with him.

It doesn’t bother my knitting so I’m able to do that and of course get my steps in, just certain moves cause pain. I’m right handed and this is my left.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:19 pm

Feeling bad that you hurt yourself.

At least you can occupy yourself with your knitting.

I saw the Pens won.... on tv over the weekend. Thought of you.

Hockey is my thing when the Red Wings are in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Fair weather friend here.

Hope the nurse comes through quickly for you and your DH.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:06 pm

So sorry to read you are injured. With your responsibilities that is an extra challenge you don't need.

Your plantings sound so lovely. At least with the rain you needn't worry about watering, right?
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:52 am

Best wishes for a quick recovery. Nothing like a back issue to curtail your activity.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:10 am

Thanks all.

Rig, this is my shoulder, not my back thankfully. I will have help with DH’s bath today, so I have them deal with the shirt, the moves that bother me.

M2M - yes nature did the watering of the new plants yesterday. If the day holds, we should be able to get the dead pine down and if the trees come early enough today, get them planted. Still waiting on the Butterfly Bush to ship.

It will be nice to have that all complete.

Pam there should be some exciting Hockey coming up as we move into round 2 over the weekend. If its bad outside, give it a look see.

Once the planting it done, I’ll see if I can get a picture to post. I’m not great at that kind of thing, so we will see.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:57 pm

oh gosh - sorry about the shoulder injury. I hope its mends itself quickly!

I hope you get a new nurse soon - one who is absolutely fabulous and can handle those times when you need a few days away.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:53 pm

Ok, we didn’t get to any yard work yesterday, DS got stuck at work later than planned. It was a nice sunny day today and tomorrow is supposed to be the same, dead tree down and planting to resume tomorrow.

Butterfly Bush still not shipped. Sad

On the nurse front, we may have found someone. She seems to be working with two different agencies, so once she has that other schedule she will come to train here, hopefully sooner than later. And my scheduler is being changed. That should prove interesting. Have to break in someone new.

Round 2 of hockey starts tonight.

My knitting project is moving along nicely. Have the front done and 1/2 of the back is complete. Will knit while I watch hockey.

DD will be home tomorrow for a week. We won’t get to go away unfortunately, but will do some day things on Wednesday. Then Thurs-Sun she will go with DBF to visit his grandparents. His grandfather is not doing too well. Then when she gets back she has to head back up to school for class for the rest of May.

Also listened to a guest on Leanne Vogel’s podcast talking about the carnivore diet. Leanne was not promoting, but had several people asking so she said this was just an informational talk so she too could learn a little bit about it. It was interesting.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:57 pm

Hope the butterfly bush comes soon.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:55 pm

I hope you have a wonderful visit with your daughter!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:16 am

Glad your daughter is coming home to spend some time with you and her DD.

Hope the Butterfly Bush comes soon so you can relax about it. Smile
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:27 am

Good luck with the yard work today! Yay on the nurse news... *fingers crossed*

Enjoy the time with your daughter!  Smile

Narrowminded wrote:
Also listened to a guest on Leanne Vogel’s podcast talking about the carnivore diet.  Leanne was not promoting, but had several people asking so she said this was just an informational talk so she too could learn a little bit about it.  It was interesting.

https://www.healthfulpursuit.com/podcast/e81/ I have been intrigued about this for quite a while as well (years to be honest, almost 11 now Cool ), but wary of unwanted side effects (and I simply love my veggies/fruits too much to not eat them several days in a row (plus have no problems with any of them AFAIK), rarely without meat/fish/eggs though)... 2 people I 'know' (online only, but long time) have reported severe hair loss/return of hot flashes/lower leg cramps (female, many months of zero carb) and permanent ear damage due to a herpes zoster oticus outbreak (male, not zero carb but VLC, no fruits/veggies for months)... both indicate immune system not being very strong (and lack of minerals). Ofcourse there are many success stories as well (meatheals.com) but I'll pass on extreme ideas as I'm not willing to take my chances. Health comes first and primal/paleo is good enough. After all we're in it for the long run. Wink
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:22 pm

DD made it home yesterday and it’s great to have her here, well kind of. She’s off with DBF most of the time Smile. However that is as it should be a her age.

Received an email that the Butterfly bush are on their way. Delivery should be Tuesday. Then I can complete phase 3.

Yesterday we did get the two Arborvitae planted and the dead pine removed, stump and all. Due to our went weather DS was able to just push it over. Then we added a 1/2 ton of dirt to my front yard near the sidewalk. Our home was new when we moved here and due to settling and seems their lack of actually compacting the earth, it had dropped 3-4 inches beside the walk. Not safe. Now the dirt again meets the walk.

We have another 1/2 ton of dirt to add at the front of the house so it can be graded away from the house so that rain won’t start to leak into the house.

The other agency I had contacted about nursing called me back yesterday to inform me they could not help. No surprise there.

LB As to the carnivore diet, I thought the info was interesting. I’m not one to go that extreme either, at least not for a long period of time. It might be helpful, as a very short term, think days to a week as a very quick reset to get away from the sugar dragon. I definitely could not see myself eating nothing but meat, eggs forever. I too would be concerned about lack of certain nutrients.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:36 am

Busy, busy on the yard front. Sounds like excellent progress. I think your butterfly bush will be a fun addition. We had a big one in our back yard in a previous home and it attracted jillions of butterflies. It is a little scary to think that your soil was wet and soft enough to just push over a pine tree, enough to expose the stump and get it out without some extensive digging.
+1 on your idea about the carnivore diet. I'm there with you.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:36 pm

Rig - I hope the Butterfly Bush will do the same here. Never had one, but they look so pretty, esp the color I purchases, almost tie dyed with the flowers.

The Pine was dead last year, but it took me a long time to find out who was responsible for it’s removal. So I’m sure most of the roots had time to rot. That being said, we have had soooo much moisture, that here are hill slides in the upper part of this development as the developer didn’t finish the land properly. I just wish I could have sent half of the moisture to M2M.

I’m really working hard trying the slay the sugar dragon again this week. It had gotten much out of hand. I need a super clean week. Having DD here will help.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:16 pm

Enjoy your visit with DD.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:47 pm

Thanks Kathi
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue May 01, 2018 9:01 pm

Butterfly bush arrived today and was planted this afternoon. I knew they’d be small about 8-10” tall, but I’m told they grow very quickly, we will see.

Yesterday was a very bad day. It didn’t start bad, but ended that way. Just a very crummy mood. Created by DD saying something that just brought into laser focus how life is passing me by as I’m stuck in the house caregiving and can’t do a thing w/o it being scheduled and within a very narrow window of time.

Tomorrow I have a nurse here so DD and I can go play a little. Hoping to take a bike ride and do lunch. Not sure what else, but I also need to get a card/gift for her DBF’s grad next weekend.

Can’t wait for our W30 in June. I’m trying to work on it now, but last night was an indiscretion. However, you’ll have that when stressed and grumpy.

Mom has to have another procedure. She is now jaundice. DB went over Sunday and said she was so yellow she looked like the Simpsons. That will happen on Tuesday. My Dad will be here with me, so back to the floor mattress I go that night.

Ok, get mad at the game. These ref’s are awful.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed May 02, 2018 11:00 am

Smile I always root for the refs to have a bad day when 2 teams I don't like square off. Otherwise, I hope for a quality "call day"

I hope your mood improves. You have so much going on with husband and other family health issues I don't know how you manage to keep it up.

The butterfly bush should be a real positive for your yard.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum