Narrowminded continues

Page 2 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down

Re: Narrowminded continues

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Yes, knowledge of specific care is a priority. Glad you have support. Massive props to you for the loving dedication you provide for your husband and family.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:08 pm

Thought of you today as I was in the grocery store and then walking the parking lot to my car - don't carry the heavy bag in the hand that wears the Garmin....

Hope you are doing well.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 pm

Thank you HFF. Something I would not wish on anyone, but I’m in it for the long haul.

M2M you are correct about the Garmin. The intensity minutes are still the strangest bird. Garmin says you need a min of 10 min activity for it to add to that total, however that doesn’t seem to be true in all cases. This morning i managed to get out with the dog for 11+ min. Nothing and this did include hills. Then this afternoon I walked laps around my LR, DR kitchen. I manage to add to my total considerably, even had high intensity min in there too. Don’t ask me how.

Today was crazy, plain and simple. Had to do a report for SS for my DH, then get a msg from work, the computer that runs our laser is dead. Blue screen of death. That turned into a several hour affair of figuring out what we need to do. First contacting our computer guy, who eventually called back and said we need to find someone else. Talking with the software people as we will have to upgrade our machine, it was on XP and the software from 05. So while we get this all worked out, our main machine is a very expensive brick. Yup right at the holidays too. Like I need more stress in my life.

Ok, so I was hungry this morning, so I decided to have breakfast. Not necessarily a good plan. Seemed to make me hungrier all day. Who knows why, t was my usual one. However the stress prob played into it. Not necessarily a good food day as a result.

Ok, time to get caught up and hit the hay

Grok on my friends
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:08 pm

NM I forget where you are located. PM me, I'd be willing to provide respite care.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:44 am

NM, It sounds like you may need to entertain a new PC. The cost of a decent machine is going to be in line with only a few hours of help from a PC Tech. FWIW I bought a new PC last year that runs Windows10. I find Win 10 to be a positive step, it is organized similar to XP, but works more in line with how I want to. The adaptation time required to get familiar with it is short. So far it seems to run everything I had on my XP system just fine, and my vendor (HP) seems to do a very good job in keeping it updated with OS changes.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:36 am

Rig - a new PC is definitely in the works, along with upgraded software. I just am trying to find a way to transfer the coding from the old software to the new. That is going the be the major PIA, along with learning to work with any new changes to the software and figuring out if the new software version will read what was done in the old without reinventing the wheel, so to speak. There have been plenty of upgrade in the intervening years. Another thing I had a big talk with DH about last night. He never upgraded because he felt it didn't do anything for us. Well, now that we a stuck, those upgrades would have been huge in making the problem, less of one. Esp if we have issues reading the old files. Hours and hours of work.

You know, I have to let the past be the past. However, some of you know the issues I've gone through re our business - manufacturing. Long story short, when DH was DX with ALS, I told him to please teach me the business. He refused and said he'd rather sell it than me run it. When pressured into why, he said "those guys would not want to work for a woman". Well all but one of those guys are still there. I don't deal with the day to day, first our DS handled that when DH finally had to leave 7 years ago. Now, DH's brother is at the helm as of Aug of this year.

There are so many things I was not made aware of, such as these upgrades. While I'm not necessarily a proponant of purchasing every single upgrade, I do make the leap every other or every 3 time to keep everything working appropriately. While most times there are not enough changes to warrant the upgrade and usually nothing that makes a difference for me, it does keep me up with tech. So my big concern is if this verison will work with one from 11 years ago. A few interim upgrades during that time, could have made this switch much easier.

So on Monday, I will be ordering a new PC, then the new upgrade to the software. i need there to be a convo about the reading of the old files before ordering the latest and greatest edition of the said software.

Rig - as to W10. There were issues re the need to be constantly connected to the net that I had issues with. I have used it on a PC or two and I'm not really that thrilled and don't see the likeness to XP at all. Maybe it's just me.

Oh well, time to get something done - like finally cooking down my pumpkin and few other kitchen chores.

Grok on my friends!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:52 pm

So yesterday I froze 10 cups of pumpkin purée, made a pumpkin bread with 1 cup to take to the neighbors who brought me awesome venison chili and also share other venison with me throughout the year.

I also made some paleo pumpkin scones, that was a very bad idea. Won’t do that again. Enough said.

I’m enjoying starting to get to know some MDA people I didn’t before. Mostly due to my crazy life but also the crazy’s that took over. Then some had been there way before I got there with huge journals and I felt intimidated about posting without knowing the back story and no time to read thru pages and pages. It will be nice getting to know them now while things are small.

This is fun and. Need fun.

Thank you all for coming around and getting to know me too.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:51 am

Yes, the new forum is fun Smile

I have just discovered the little orange boxes. I LOVE them. Now I can find the new posts. Tonight I have been following you around Smile
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:08 am

Narrowminded wrote:It will be nice getting to know them now while things are small.

This is fun and. Need fun.

Thank you all for coming around and getting to know me too.

This. Yes, we all do. Any time NM. So nice to have this place.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:59 pm

Annie - thanks for tagging along. I hope it's been worth your time. Smile

Lovebird - it is nice.

Update: good news for a change, at least for the time being. One of our guys was able to get the hard drive to work again in the computer that controled the laser. That is huge. While I know it still needs replaced, who knows how long it will hang in there for, at least it buys a bit a time. He is also going to try and find the files he needs to make a clone computer, incase this one goes down again. A bit more time, maybe. Now I can make sure I get the right computer for the job and have time to play with the upgrade before it has to go into service.

It's finals week for my DD at PT school. She took the one she was most concerned about today and said it was better than some of the others, but won't make a prediction. 2 more tomorrow and then Wed and Thurs. Then hopefully she'll be able to get out of the snow filled tundra and home late Thurs or early Friday.

Had payroll today so my day was packed. Finally getting a chance to get caught up. Will watch the Pen's tonight and work on some knitting.

I have a bit of help tomorrow so I'd like to get the gifts I have wrapped, the house straightened up a bit and maybe more shopping?

Ok, have to see what everyone else is up to.

Grok on Friends!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:24 am

Did not realize you were having computer issues.....is that the laser you are speaking of?

If you do not mind sharing, what is the business you run? I surely hope you get some play time before you go live.

Glad you are getting some time today to take care of whatever you want to.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:33 pm

I agree. Nice to get to meet other members, including you! It's cool to see the diary/journal section slowly growing. :]
Oh boy, do I know how important a working computer is. Glad someone was able to extend it's working use while you look for a new one.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glass Full of Air on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:32 pm

NM - Computer upgrades are always such a mixed bag! I'm glad the guy was able to get the drive working. It gives you time, at least, to figure out the next step.

Hope you had a relaxing eve with the knitting! Smile

Glass Full of Air

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:28 pm

Pam the computer is connected to the laser. We have a metal fabricating shop, the laser cut parts, but it gets programmed with what and how to do the cutting via that computer. When its down, it really puts us behind. Most of our work is custom, we don't do massive qty of just one or two things.

HFF, I'm happy about the journal section as well and getting to know some that you know names from MDA, but don't really know them.

GFA - Yes, did get some experimental knitting done while watching hockey, it was nice.

ok, so I did get a few gifts today. Still stuck on a few as well, need to sit down and double check a list. No cleaning or gift wrapping got done. I was plumb wore out when I got back. However, finishing up my laundry now.

I'm going to finish up checking in here while I have some coffee. Then I need to walk a bit, then relax. Probably work on that knitting too.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:02 am

Never made it here yesterday. What a crazy day. First hearing that we may lose snow removal because the developer isn't and hasn't paid the township for 3 years. Then issues with my MIL's home sale involving us due to the POA i have for DH.

I did manage to get in a walk and some ST on the TRX. I also managed to get most of my gifts wrapped. That was huge.

When I tucked into bed, I realized I had not been here but was way to tired to check in.

DD is on her way home, hopefully safely through the snow and I have a few decorating treats done in her room.

Wanted to finish checking in here and then a bit more cleaning.

I have a nurse today, so she and I will go to dinner tonight. So need that to de-stress a bit
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:13 am

Just got an email, and the war rages on between developer and township. Developer said he will do the streets. Well, we will see. It seems he plowed at some point but did not salt.

I need to move....
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:27 pm

Hey NM. Just dropping in to say I am caught up with your journal so far.

Lots going on as always and much of it stressful - you continue to be an inspiration. I was thinking of you on TG and remembering your W30 journey started around that time last year. I know you've got this; it will come back together soon.

Grok on, my friend Smile
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Why when it rains, it pours? Dang....if were not for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all....

Enjoy your time with your DD. I'm sure you will and a special surprise for her is always so much fun.

I'm trying to think of one for my granddaughter when she comes back to MI soon.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:32 pm

Thanks AT. You are correct started my W30 the day after TG last year. Only slightly off path but I def need work.

Pam I think of that little didy often. Many days it feels that way.

Today though was good. DD arrived just after lunch. We went out and got some shopping done. Then went to dinner. It was so nice to spend that time with her.

Tomorrow DS will be here and DD and I will head over to my folks for a bit. Then hopefully do some more shopping. Hope to finish really soon.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:01 am

NM, I hope you got it all over with in one horrible bad run. I'm glad you had some good family time.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:43 pm

Kathi I wish I could believe that, but it seems to come in waves.

Yesterday was an awesome time with my daughter, however something definitely did not agree with me. Woke with a nasty headache that chose to hang around all day.

Headache or no, once DS got here DD and I went to my folks for a bit, then to their place they are moving out of. There were a few things DD wanted, and I found a very special item I wanted to keep.

We then stopped at the dollar store for some wrapping materials and the state store for a few bottles of wine that will be given as gifts.

When we got home I laid down for a bit and attempted to nap.

Eating today has been pretty clean as I haven’t felt like much.

Tonight I must try and get this knitting underway or this gift won’t be finished.

Hoping everyone has a nice evening
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Sorry about the headache, I find those so miserable. Enjoy the time with the kids and I hope that project goes smoothly.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:25 am

Thanks M2M, sad to say the headache is still with me grrr

Did attempt to work in the knitting last night regardless, that didn’t go well. Started it over once again. Have to get that to work somehow. Not sure what the issue is since it’s the 11th one, not a new pattern. Maybe it’s the yarn? Yeah let’s blame the yarn, that it’s Smile

Started today with an omelette, with jalapeño, onion, ground pork and a bit of guacamole. Coffee w/CO

Have an amazing day folks
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Thanks M2M, sad to say the headache is still with me grrr

Did attempt to work in the knitting last night regardless, that didn’t go well. Started it over once again. Have to get that to work somehow. Not sure what the issue is since it’s the 11th one, not a new pattern.  Maybe it’s the yarn?  Yeah let’s blame the yarn, that it’s Smile

Started today with an omelette, with jalapeño, onion, ground pork and a bit of guacamole. Coffee w/CO

Have an amazing day folks

Hope the headache is gone, the yarn behaves, and your day is amazing too!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:38 pm

Let’s see, still have the headache, but not so intense as yesterday. Today it’s been tolerable.

I changed yarns and I’m about 1/2 way through with the hat.

The day has had it bumps and bruises. A friend on the ALS forum lost her DH today. I hurt so for her. We really connected.

Losing a loved one to ALS is both a blessing and a curse all at once. You are so happy they are free of this ugly monster, but you miss them terribly. Would not wish this disease on anyone

Most of you don’t know we’ve been fighting this for 13 years now and DH has been vented for 7+ years. I know that had he not chosen to vent, we would have lost him within a year of when he was vented and probably within months. I often wonder if it was the best choice. He’s is bed bound, he can smile and blink, that’s it. He’s been that way for years. Lost his ability to talk 2 years ago. He’s gone through 3 bouts of pneumonia, 1 bout of sepsis where he was out for 3 days, and last spring he was out for 5 w/tachycardia. We thought we lost him then as he didn’t want food or water. So he only got a bit of water with his meds thru his feeding tube. I’m not sure how he pulled thru that one.

Enough of that. Just really feeling down tonight.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum