Narrowminded continues

Page 5 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 36  Next

Go down

Re: Narrowminded continues

Post by jeangenie on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:22 am

Annie, we are hoping to get back to the mountains in the English Lake District this year so we need to get walking a bit more. 45 - 50 minutes a day does it for us and we are trying just to calculate extra miles. Saying that it is cold, foggy amd wet today so we're staying in!
NM and PP sometimes a quiet day in necessary
jeangenie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:39 pm

Hope your head is better. I know you can hit that goal, hopefully you will have some fun while doing it. No matter what, it is a good thing that you are doing for yourself!

Happy New Year, NM!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:54 pm

Head is doing better today. Just a bit annoying tonight for a little. I think it was connected to something I ate.

Happy New Year to you as well M2M
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:19 pm

Hopefully whatever upset you is out of your system now. Here's to a better day for you.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:04 pm

No headache today. Busy day as usual.

Tomorrow will be finishing up W2’s hopefully.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:13 am

I was thinking about those W2s. Blah.

I hope you get that off your plate and can schedule some time for NM.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:25 pm

W2’s are printed, one needs fixed. Then I can get them out and see if anyone has any issues. Then they need submitted to SS, the state, and the local taxing authorities. Plus 4th qtr taxes need submitted as well. Have I mentioned I don’t like end of year very much? And it ruins my Christmas as I know that’s all waiting for me.

I feel like I didn’t get much done, but I did make it to the grocery in prep for next week’s W30 start. I’m fairly close now, just some minor tweaks after DD goes back on Sat.

I started reading Body Beliefs due to the AltShift thread. I testing and true info so far. I’m about 5 chapters in, anyone have some time I can borrow? Smile

Ok well time to hit the hay or I won’t be much good tomorrow and work to be done. Have to finish taking down decos and getting them put away for another year.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:37 am

Whew that sounds exhausting. I hope you are sleeping well as I write this, gaining strength to finish the task.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:13 am

Glad you got most of that W2 business taken care of now. Should be a huge relief.

I should get back to reading Body Beliefs. I had started and hit a snag. I think it may have been where I was to write things down or something like that. It is surprising that Jason has shown up here.

Have a good day, NM.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:53 am

I know it's a great feeling of accomplishment to get the W-2s done. I always feel great when my courses are finally good to go. Hope you get to rest and recharge. I need to check out Body Beliefs.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:17 am

Pam, I think I hit your snag part of Body Beliefs. Have to think long and hard about this assignment.

Well, my scale bit the dust today. I don’t really get on it much anymore, maybe once a month, but when I bought it, I was on it morning and night. I really liked it as it seemed to match up well with the Dr’s scale.

Funny story about picking it. Went to BB&B. They had 10 or 12 different scales and you could put them on the floor and try them. I did, each and every one. To prove the point it’s only a moment in time, there was a 10lb difference between the one that had me at my lightest, to the one that had me at my heaviest. I chose one in the middle. I was thrilled next Dr visit when it matched up. Not that their scale is any more accurate than the next, but at least I would go and not get a shock of weighing 5 or so pounds more there. As conv wisdom would lead to “you need to do x, based on that number”

I got on today, in prep for my w30 starting Monday, and as suspected I’m up about 7-8 pounds from my lowest this past year. Not all that bad, but I do know a portion of that is inflammation from some poor food choices over the past month or so. Time to get my health back at the front of my priority list. I feel it too, feel cruddy and achy etc, that number just confirmed my suspicions.

Onward to W30
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:59 am

Scale: About 35 years back I bought a Healthometer scale with the sliding weights on the the balance beams that looks just like the one that was in the Dr.'s office. As long as gravity works it will read right on the money.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:36 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Pam, I think I hit your snag part of Body Beliefs. Have to think long and hard about this assignment.

Ha! The advantage of listening while walking - I just kept going! Actually, I did give it some thought and do see it as a valuable exercise. It is surprising (dismaying?) that we allow those old incidents to color how we see ourselves. And I really liked the idea of "truthing" those incidents.

Hope you make it through all the required reporting without incident. With the tax table changes we've had some stupid stuff happen with end of year payrolls, and last year had something go awry with some of the reporting to the IRS. Never a good thing!

What I care about in a scale is consistency. We have one that was marketed related to The Biggest Loser. Some days I step on it and I swear it goes into Biggest Loser mode bouncing between weights before settling onto something.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:33 pm

M2M, it intersting you noted an issue with reporting last year. We too encountered an issue last year, which has me figuring and refiguring to make sure everything matches with the tax stuff. Grrr

I’ve had digital scales to the BL thing as well. Really makes you question the number it finally lands on Smile

I do have a back up scale by Fitbit, however it’s always in BL mode. I can weigh 3 time in a row and get a different number each time, so it’s not my fav, but will do the job in letting me know which way I’m headed at least.

Didn’t get done as much as I needed to today. However, DD heads back tomorrow, so hopefully I can get back to my normal routine. Both with work and food.

After checking in here I will go re read the question for Body Beliefs and maybe write something down
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:11 pm

When I read Body Beliefs last year, I had to take a while to decide to go ahead with the question exercise. Didn’t think I had much, but ended up with 6 pages of a notebook of things I hadn’t thought about in years. An interesting challenge indeed.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:00 am

GS, sounds like a good investment of time and energy. I must get back to it. I cannot find my original start.

NM, hope you readily get back to normal for you.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:58 pm

Well DD decided to stick around today and leave in the morning. However did get most of the Christmas decos put away. Thought I had them all, but forgot the ones I put in DHs room.

Breakfast and lunch were both primal and w30. Then DD made paleo cinnamon rolls. The she and DBF went climbing and brought home Chinese for dinner for everyone. Hopefully tomorrow can be my final lead up to W30starting Monday
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:11 am

I think Body Beliefs has a lot of good info and advice to ponder. It's fascinating to me that a man can read women's body image thoughts so accurately.

Glad you had a visit with your daughter. Good luck with the Whole 30 tomorrow.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:36 am

I did the same thing with the Christmas decorations. They are sneaky suckers, it took three attempts to find them all.

Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:33 pm

Oh good grief, had a large post going about this mornings adventures and I bumped something and gone.

So long story short, due to the cold, DD’s battery was dead when she attempted to leave this morning. We tried jumping unsuccessfully. I then taught her DBF, how to pull the battery as his dad doesn’t do car stuff. Sent them off to the local Advanced Auto. The battery was good and they put it in their quick charge.

This whole adventure to about 2.5 hours due to looking for the proper socket to loosen the bolts and leads, and dropping the socket wrench into the vehicle due to gloves on my hands. We had hit at least 10 below last night and then there was the wind. OMG it was so cold trying to work on the car. But we got it done and DD should be to her apt in the next 20 min.

We both admonished her to start her car twice a day while it’s this cold and let it run 5 or 10 min. She wasn’t happy. Told her the alternative would be to pull the battery and take it inside, then replace when she needed to use the car. She said, I’ll start it

Then I could finally get to DHs bath. Thankfully a good primal breakfast of ground pork , lots of veg, eggs and coffee w/CO. Just had some lunch. Neighbor dropped off a batch of his venison chili again. Half went with DD. it is so good. Not w30 compliant as it has a little sugar in it, but otherwise pretty clean, no beans and oh so yummy.

Now it’s time to do some work that’s gotten put off, and I have to start with payroll.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:07 pm

Sorry you had a battery adventure. Love the choices you gave DD. Your breakfast sounds great.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:16 pm

DD made it safely. She noted the main roads are fine, but the side roads are still miserable. Considering between Christmas Day and today they’ve had like 85” of snow, I was thrilled she could just get to her apt.

She got everything put away, her freezer is nicely stocked and she did her reading assignment for tomorrow’s first day of the new semester. She also relaxed with a glass of wine and watched the Pens. However she did say the minute she walked into her apt, she felt herself tense up. Not sure how you teach someone to relax. I reminded her she did well her first semester and she will be fine this one as well.

Had to help DH with another issue this afternoon, then I did get payroll well underway and printed out the reports I needed for my last quarter taxes to be completed. Did one tax form and felt a bit better about all,of that stuff.

Then made some chicken thighs for dinner. Have extras for other meals and am ready to dive into W30 tomorrow. Boy do i need it

Time for bed
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:28 pm

Sounds like a productive day.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:01 am

All the best for your W30, NM. You have your head in the zone, so you will fly through.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:08 am

NM, reading your journal made me wonder about the battery I replaced on Saturday. I did not have it tested as I had planned to do prior to my own dead battery. Just did not get to it. Oh well, I know have my battery record up to date and I do not have to worry when/if I go winter camping. December 1/2 do not count as "winter" unfortunately.

Great hopes your for W30.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum