Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you

4 posters

Go down

Thank you  Empty Thank you

Post by Narrowminded Sat May 26, 2018 5:50 pm

I just wanted to spend a minute Thanking those who either are a vet, are currently in the military or are a family of someone who served and especially to those who lost someone in military service.

While there will be lots of parties and cookouts this weekend, we need to remember the true reason for this holiday, to remember those who gave their life so we could be and continue to be free.

From the bottom of my heart. THANK YOU
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thank you  Empty Re: Thank you

Post by OnTheBayou Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:08 am

I have noticed over the years that there has been a conflation of Memorial Day and Veteran's Day observations. I.e., the first is for our soldiers who died while serving, the second is for those who were in the military............and lived.

Narrowminded, I agree with your sentiments, but hold them until November!

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:43 am

+1. Memorial day for me is a day to reflect and remember. I think there are too many Americans who are clueless on the what/why of our holidays, with this one leading the pack.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:49 am

NM wrote:we need to remember the true reason for this holiday, to remember those who gave their life so we could be and continue to be free.

I don't agree with the two of you as NM has stated the above clearly.

And I do know the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day...

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:40 am

LB, you don't live here and get to see the everyday Jack and Jill Doe in action.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:20 pm

OTB - did you read my second paragraph?  I believe that is what LB was referring to, that I clearly stated Memorial Day was for those we lost.

And then Veterans Day for those still with us who served or are serving.  

I did however mention the Veterans Day people first because I will thank them any chance I get and many are generational and have lost members that are to be remembered on Memorial Day.

LB post edited

Last edited by Narrowminded on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Narrowminded
Narrowminded
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:00 am

NM - You created this thread to pay respect to the fallen soldiers and their families. This is not the place to discuss whether others understand the true meaning of the day nor to suggest you picked the wrong day to do so, which you did not in my view. That's all I was referring to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum