Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Thu May 03 2018, 04:23

Rig D wrote:"A clean desk is a sign of a man with nothing to do."
Don't remember who said it, but in my experience it is quite true.
Oh, and I suspect it applies to females too.

LOL, thanks Rig D. I did not get my desk cleaned off. I am moving into the large corner office with a window that she who is leaving is vacating and someone is moving to my office, so I have to do it eventually. Very Happy
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu May 03 2018, 04:29

Decent sleep but woke up at 3:30, so got up and ready and was at work by 5:30. Had several very productive meetings.

Went to the surgeon and I was down to 40 cc of fluid. This time it was not sero-sanguineous but was bloody. It did not appear to be fresh blood so maybe some of the hematoma that she had to drain in the hospital. Another appointment for next week.

Back to university and the new student orientation - what a cluster, very unorganized - it will be changing. A faculty stopped by to express her happiness about my new role and was so complimentary she got me teary-eyed. It is fantastic how everyone is stepping up and offering to help. The Dean is so giddy she is almost clicking her heels (is it wrong that I hear Ding, Dong, the witch is dead in my head when I see she who is leaving?)

Ended up getting home at 8:45 pm. Ate primal approved snacks, but had wine for the first time in 2 weeks. Long day and I needed a "treat."
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu May 03 2018, 08:56

All is sounding good at the university. Yea for that.

The constant visits for draining doesn't sound as good. So sorry.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu May 03 2018, 14:00

Hopefully only one more go with the draining.
It sounds like your work team is as happy with your promotion and the departure of she who is not named as you are.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu May 03 2018, 15:28

perennialpam wrote:All is sounding good at the university.  Yea for that.

The constant visits for draining doesn't sound as good.  So sorry.  

Yes, the visits are frustrating and definitely not what I need to be trying to fit in right now. I also mildly dread the 2 pokes with an 18-gauge. One more - I can do it!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu May 03 2018, 15:29

Rig D wrote:Hopefully only one more go with the draining.
It sounds like your work team is as happy with your promotion and the departure of she who is not named as you are.

Yes, they are. It was reaching the point that either she went or we lost everyone. Of course she did not see anything wrong with her behavior.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu May 03 2018, 15:38

Decent sleep last night. Woke up with a migraine. Did some moving of appointments so I could work from home today and go in next Tuesday.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu May 03 2018, 22:08

Went back to bed and slept 3 hours. Migraine is now a thing of history.

Did some odds and ends on my to-do list, but nothing mentally or physically taxing.

Beef tacos for dinner for DH. Tacoless taco salad for me.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu May 03 2018, 23:47

Sounds like a really good day yesterday. So happy the staff is liking your appointment. I had to LOL with the Ding Dong the witch is dead theme.

Wondering if the wine after non for 2 weeks had anything to do with the headache?

Crossing fingers your poke next week is the very last, and definitely no blood.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri May 04 2018, 02:22

Narrowminded wrote:Sounds like a really good day yesterday.  So happy the staff is liking your appointment.  I had to LOL with the Ding Dong the witch is dead theme.  

Wondering if the wine after non for 2 weeks had anything to do with the headache?

Crossing fingers your poke next week is the very last, and definitely no blood.

The wine was probably the issue. I do not plan on any for a few more weeks. I kind of like the theme, as it is appropriate. Positive thoughts for last stick next week.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Fri May 04 2018, 10:53

Wine...definitely my Achilles heel. Of course I’m off is for the present, doesn’t play well with oxycodone Smile
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri May 04 2018, 14:34

The Walrus wrote:Wine...definitely my Achilles heel.  Of course I’m off is for the present, doesn’t play well with oxycodone Smile

That combo is definitely not a good idea!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri May 04 2018, 14:44

Really great sleep last night. Up after 9 hours of sleep. Lazy start to the morning before I get going.

Today I am getting my hair done. I am taking two dresses (that fit very nicely in a smaller size) to be hemmed after I am done. I need to call and interview a potential faculty candidate in the afternoon. Afterward, I will be completing work on putting together another MSN course for production.

Hot Pot for dinner tonight for DH. I will probably have some chicken and a salad. I have been working hard on eating cleaner and other than the other night no alcohol. The obvious incentive is the wedding at the end of the month, but more than that I am more than ready to push through and work hard on my health. I can not wait to be cleared for activity - the surgeon will not even clear me to walk the treadmill or any arm work until the fluid buildup stops. Very frustrating! Sad
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sat May 05 2018, 02:28

Dream’s new job will include formal social evenings, which is terrific and scary at the same time. I’m going to need a couple of new dresses! I’m in the same boat, can’t do much exercise ;(
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat May 05 2018, 04:16

The Walrus wrote:Dream’s new job will include formal social evenings, which is terrific and scary at the same time.  I’m going to need a couple of new dresses!  I’m in the same boat, can’t do much exercise ;(

It is so hard when you want to be active and can't.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat May 05 2018, 04:19

Hair done. Dresses dropped off for hemming. Saw one of my schnauzers on my way home, so stopped and picked her up. Side gate was open when I got home and the other 2 schnauzers and the basset hound were missing. Drove around looking/yelling their names unsuccessfully. Home to facebook. Finally found them - two nice ladies out walking their dog encouraged them to follow them home and put them in the backyard to keep them safe. That took up a chunk of my afternoon. Missed my conference call, so cold-called two hours late and thankfully she understood. Did not get any work on course done.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat May 05 2018, 11:10

So grateful nothing's happened to your doggies while they were strolling around on their own. Must have been a scary afternoon, realizing that all of them were gone and searching for them. So nice of those ladies to guard them for you. So understandable your mind was elsewhere than work. *hugs*

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat May 05 2018, 17:42

Lovebird wrote:So grateful nothing's happened to your doggies while they were strolling around on their own. Must have been a scary afternoon, realizing that all of them were gone and searching for them. So nice of those ladies to guard them for you. So understandable your mind was elsewhere than work. *hugs*

Thanks, LB. The ladies went as far as to take the leash off their dog and put it on one of ours that was not following them to get the three back to their backyard. They said the one they put the leash on had no fear and kept going out into the street - almost got hit.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat May 05 2018, 17:44

Slept about 3 hours, got up because sleep was not happening. Worked on some stuff for about 2 hours, then back to bed for almost 6 hours. Feel decently rested.

Have cleaned up for the day, dropped the dogs off for a spa day, and done a quick grocery run.

Getting ready to go meet mom for lunch. Hopefully, I will get the call that the dogs are done while I am there, so I can swing by and get them on my way home.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat May 05 2018, 21:06

Nice of the ladies to protect your pups. Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun May 06 2018, 03:51

tomi1000 wrote:Nice of the ladies to protect your pups.  Smile  

It's a great neighborhood that way. They go out of their way to help each other. I was getting calls and texts on my way home from my neighbor because she recognized them when someone posted their picture on FB.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun May 06 2018, 03:54

Nice visit and lunch with mom. Was able to pick up pups on my way home. Took a nap. Worked some more on the course I started working on last night. Just got it and a companion advanced skills course totally complete and sent for production.

Dinner of Mexican hamburger patties and oven FF happened somewhere in there.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun May 06 2018, 04:02

Thats awesome Smile  Our neighborhood is like that too.  We love our neighbors more than some of our family members!  Laughing

Nice job on the course work! Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun May 06 2018, 04:25

tomi1000 wrote:Thats awesome Smile  Our neighborhood is like that too.  We love our neighbors more than some of our family members!  Laughing

Nice job on the course work!  Smile

And I got to bill for it! cheers
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun May 06 2018, 05:07

even better Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down